Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Guilty posted:

Hey guys, did you find something that is a tiny bit fun and strong in the game?

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1204417-xoris-interactions-with-warframe-abilities-exalted-weapons/

edit: but Gara's getting a buff, cool

Pretty sure no one ever uses gara's 1 for anything but shattering her walls, so whether that's actually a buff or literally nothing depends on whether the combo multiplier winds up figuring into the damage the shatter does+ how much it boosts her glass cloud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malah
May 18, 2015

How in the hell is Gara supposed to rack up combo count when Splinter Storm kills everything first? :thunk:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Malah posted:

How in the hell is Gara supposed to rack up combo count when Splinter Storm kills everything first? :thunk:

I don't believe DE is aware of our dedication to breaking this game over our knees.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I remember when Gara first dropped and before they nerfed the impulse on Blast damage you could send someone from one end of the Plains to the other. One of my favorite things to do.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

And here I am just dipping my toe back in with my Valkyr and Frost.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

The bigger issue is their leap-without-looking approach to implementation and then being too slow to deal with the knock-on effects

Yeah, and that they nerf based on how many folks abuse it.

I have to believe there's a discord somewhere with a dozen people on it who are dedicated to not using any of the op combos they've found where anyone else might notice it. The real stealth space ninjas.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I never quite understood why the xoris was a good stat stick -what was special about it?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Echophonic posted:

I remember when Gara first dropped and before they nerfed the impulse on Blast damage you could send someone from one end of the Plains to the other. One of my favorite things to do.

I am enjoying how my kubrow will occasionally just yeet a motherfucker into orbit.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

McKilligan posted:

I never quite understood why the xoris was a good stat stick -what was special about it?

The combo multiplier never decays.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Is there some kind of joke or troll about playing saryn on a radiation map?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Radiation is the best status.

There are much more fun options than sporing everyone though.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Dareon posted:

I am enjoying how my kubrow will occasionally just yeet a motherfucker into orbit.

Watching one of Vauban's Flechette Orbs hurl some hapless Grineer to Lua is one of the best things about him.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hoping someone can help me understand how stacking defensive works interacts, but with Inaros, what is better to use together?

Vitality, Adaption and Gladiator Resolve are currently what I'm using, but would Steel Fiber be better than the Gladiator mod?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Guilty posted:

Hey guys, did you find something that is a tiny bit fun and strong in the game?

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1204417-xoris-interactions-with-warframe-abilities-exalted-weapons/

edit: but Gara's getting a buff, cool

12x on my mass vitrify explosions, I'll take it

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

v1ld posted:

I have to believe there's a discord somewhere with a dozen people on it who are dedicated to not using any of the op combos they've found where anyone else might notice it. The real stealth space ninjas.

I'm pretty sure any super secret discord would be based around exploits DE would instantly ban for. Stuff like Xoris (and any other obvious interaction) gets plastered across youtube five minutes after the patch drops. It's the biggest sign that there's either no one testing stuff or no one listens to the testers. At least it got patched relatively fast this time.

I kind of have a beef with how it got patched, though, since it's typical :de: procedure. Having a thing that does X except in the special condition where it doesn't sucks.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Flipswitch posted:

Hoping someone can help me understand how stacking defensive works interacts, but with Inaros, what is better to use together?

Vitality, Adaption and Gladiator Resolve are currently what I'm using, but would Steel Fiber be better than the Gladiator mod?
The really short version, is 300 armour is 50% DR, and 900 armour is 75%. Stacking to get huge armour values isn't going to increase your EHP at a good rate compared to adding flat boosts to your health pool after you have a few hundred.
If you stick the 3 umbral mods on him plus adaptation, you REALLY have to try to die.
Stretch is useful on him, as pocketsand is life. Hunter adrenaline is an obvious gimme, for infinity pocket sand power.
You can throw resolve on for meme HP amounts, but more range and duration will be a better spend of your capacity, because you aren't dying anyway.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Flipswitch posted:

Steel Fiber would be about 1.4x better than Gladiator Resolve.

https://github.com/cmd430/Warframe-EHP-Calculator is a useful tool for seeing effective HP, though it's technically not correct for Inaros currently. You'd need to put 112/113 into the Scarab Swarm field to get close to the right armor value.

Khablam posted:

Stacking to get huge armour values isn't going to increase your EHP at a good rate compared to adding flat boosts to your health pool after you have a few hundred

Adding armor (or other sources of DR) is always the same EHP value point for point, the DR% numbers just don't increase intuitively.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 2, 2020

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Put it this way, going from a 90% DR to a 95% means you go from taking 10% damage to taking 5% damage, so your effective HP has doubled.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Awesome - thanks for the replies all. I'm a bit short on mod slots at the moment and waiting on the next prime announcement before I forma him.

E: Speaking of, it came from facebook:
https://imgur.com/zhXeFuH

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Jul 2, 2020

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Ohhh poo poo that actually looks pretty good

I can't tell what the weapons are tho

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Christ that's a good lookin boy right there.

Panthera Prime and Karyst Prime

e: rivens for both already skyrocketing on riven.market lol

e2: stats

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 2, 2020

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Goddamn that looks good. Here's to hoping it comes with some buffs to make his abilities actually useful

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Karyst is a dagger right? Might actually replace my zaw on Inaros.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

That's a lot of damage, pretty close to that of an Arca Titron. Unfortunately, it looks like it'll also match the Arca Titron at being dreadfully slow (0.667 oof).

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
so seems we're getting inaros p before nezha p?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Save the best for last.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

me and my buddy's primary frames are inaros and nezha and we made a pact to buy each other's packs since we figured nezha and inaros would be coming back-to-back for over a year now

looks like I'm out some money this month lol

njsykora posted:

Save the best for last.

I can't wait to be prime slippery

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 2, 2020

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
The last time they did a release order swap was 2017 with Mirage and Zephyr. IDK what about Nezha freaked them out to do it again after so long but :shrug:

E: vvv Oh, sure enough. I got mixed up looking at the charts because Atlas is like the only frame to have the vanilla and prime release date on exactly the same month/day

Emalde fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 2, 2020

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Emalde posted:

The last time they did a release order swap was 2017 with Mirage and Zephyr. IDK what about Nezha freaked them out to do it again after so long but :shrug:

They switched around Wukong and Atlas, too. Might be because they more recently revisited Nezha's powers, so Inaros might be in line to get a little love.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Babe Magnet posted:

I can't wait to be prime slippery

Every prime Nezha comes with a free tub of Crisco™.

Are any of the primary kitguns worth getting? I've been addicted to the kuva bramma, but the ammo nerf is making me want to try something else.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Soothing Vapors posted:

Christ that's a good lookin boy right there.

Panthera Prime and Karyst Prime

e: rivens for both already skyrocketing on riven.market lol
I was holding onto my 4 stupid Panthera rivens for a day like this. I doubt a primed version will make it all that great but we've certainly had some primed versions do well before.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

necrobobsledder posted:

I was holding onto my 4 stupid Panthera rivens for a day like this. I doubt a primed version will make it all that great but we've certainly had some primed versions do well before.

Stat comparisons

It's a microscopically-better Panthera. The catch:

It looks like the projectiles will explode or something (falloff, range, 20 base slash)

Panthera Prime is going to be an okay viral/slash applicator in an already saturated sea of them, but "exploding saw gun" certainly sounds fun!

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

Every prime Nezha comes with a free tub of Crisco™.

Are any of the primary kitguns worth getting? I've been addicted to the kuva bramma, but the ammo nerf is making me want to try something else.

Tombfinger is probably the best out of all of them. Basically it's the secondary version, but with an alternate charge fire mode that makes a big boom. Very solid, but not Bramma levels of boom. Boomfinger.

Gaze isn't bad either, it's basically a Glaxion V if, you know, that was good. Rather than the chaining beam like the secondary, it has a bloom on the end of the beam.

Disclaimer: I have good crit-based rivens for both of these guns, so your mileage may vary.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

necrobobsledder posted:

its going to have a 0.5 disp so rivens are kinda not worth it at all for the time being

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
So it’s mathematically better for me to start a YouTube channel where I delete my Panthera rivens and send DE a support ticket that they should never let me restore them again. Panthera being the highest impression:reality ratio weapon in the game continues.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Nah it's better for you to sell all 4 to people who probably don't know or care about the dispo flooring. You'll not only make plat, you'll free up riven slots for more (probably bad) rivens in the future! Two for one!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

When a weapon is getting a prime people will pay crazy plat for rivens no matter what the dispo is.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Snagged a Sobek riven last night - it's one of those pug-fugly grineer guns, but it's at 5 dispo and now that I'm looking at Acid Shells it seems like it might be...kind of good? Explosions on death that scale with enemy HP and can chain seems like a really good mix. Anyone played around with it?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The explosive shells are great fun, but it is pretty much only good with that augment on and like you said it's ugly as sin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

njsykora posted:

The explosive shells are great fun, but it is pretty much only good with that augment on and like you said it's ugly as sin.

And that is why the Hecaton shotgun skin exists!