Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

there's a guild that posted on the reddit recently doing a big drive to make the effective market price of ignis wraith 0p by buying them all and giving away multiple copies to people (if they pledge to give the other copies away for free)

Spread the love, baby

this is a good newbie weapon once you've got the MR for it, ignis wraith whips rear end for a long, long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Giving away the Ignis Wraith is something people just do even if they've listed it for 1-2p. As soon as you hit its MR you should grab one.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

There's been a couple of people trying to sell it for up to like 15-25p at times. One of the other things this campaign is doing is putting a bunch of warframe.market listings up for 1p (since you can't do 0p) and just giving it away there too

it should just be dojo research at this point

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Weapon mastery talk:
If you need space for a weapon you know is good and you want to use, by all means sell something you can buy from the market or very easily acquire. An alternative though, if you don't mind being powered up a little, is get a goon to taxi you to an XP farm, presuming you can't get to these already.
Helene on saturn is the first one (and repeating it is a great source of several materials). Hydron on sedna is another that's quicker, but much later in the chart.
This isn't just 1-way giving either, as said taxi driver may want to farm focus (something not to research if you don't already know what it is, due to spoilers) and letting them wave-clear the bulk of hydron is a decent enough source.

Just avoid trying to level 'mastery trash' by forcing yourself to use it as you progress. That's the worst experience you can give yourself. It's better to separate that grind.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah once you get access to the Sanctuary Onslaught game mode you can slam out your mastery trash there and level everything in a single 20 minute run lol

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah once you get access to the Sanctuary Onslaught game mode you can slam out your mastery trash there and level everything in a single 20 minute run lol

And if you're leveling /formaing one thing specifically, don't forget about the power of de-equipping everything else to funnel that mastery to one item faster. You can cut that 20 minute time down if you're willing to focus.

Also, you can get a surprising amount of mastery leech from cannon-chairing on a railjack while doing intrinsics. If you're lazyfarming those things, especially while boostered, you can absolutely master stuff as an side affect. Its how I did the kuva weapons, basically. Gian point is nice credits as well.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

If you're still newer and don't have a lot of prime things built, then one excellent way to level gear up is to look for void fissure defenses. Some of them are faster than others but 9 times of of 10 there'll be an older player there to help carry and you can just soak up the affinity and get prime parts. I personally prefer it to Sanctuary Onslaught but that's also a good option.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If you take multiple unranked items, and stay past the pub-limit of 10 waves, I'm pretty sure Hydron is the better source. It's significantly shorter than 20mins for a 0-30 item level.
It may be better overall anyway, I can't recall anyone testing it recently. On hydron they're all grineer, the XP pinatas, whereas SO has you bullshit around with nullifiers and infested. As a significant unmentioned advantage, it's a T3 defence so it throws Neo and Axi relics at you.
e: do what Prop Wash says above once you've got a stack.

ESO is the superior XP source overall, but isn't compatible with levelling weapons very well, or frames at all.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Babe Magnet posted:

recently found out they added kitgun primary grips finally, after returning from a long break. I'm not exactly asking for a tier list but more should I melt down my tombfinger and convert it into a primary?

I've seen Brash/Splat (faster charge) and Tremor/Splat (bigger boom) recommended for Tombfinger primary. Then straight Tremor/Splat for the other chambers. Tombfinger, Gaze, and Catchmoon primaries have modified firing mechanisms and aren't 1:1 copies of their secondary versions. Tombfinger, from what I've seen, is the strongest and most popular. Rattleguts primary is just a worse version of the secondary. Tombfinger secondary is its own thing and worth keeping around, imo.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

oh word? interesting. I'll have to do more research, then, if they have different firing mechanisms. Thanks.

e: is this the first time we can have the "same" weapon in two different slots? would it let me use the same riven on both guns???

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 4, 2020

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Arcanes and rivens are shared on kitguns

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Steel Path news from the stream:
Should launch next week

I'm still not clear on the details for this, you have to have completed every mission on the star chart to unlock this mode or just unlocked them?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

TheMostFrench posted:

I'm still not clear on the details for this, you have to have completed every mission on the star chart to unlock this mode or just unlocked them?

I believe the specific requirement is to complete an Arbitration, which in turn requires completing every mission on the star chart.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oh my, what happened to Volt Primes price? even vaulted, 200plat seems quite steep.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Flipswitch posted:

Oh my, what happened to Volt Primes price? even vaulted, 200plat seems quite steep.

Volt's a good frame in constant demand for multiple reasons.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

You can probably get half the parts randomly if you crack relics after a new patch, and/or right before a Baro visit.
Returning players come in with their old inventories, and low and behold, half those are now vaulted.
I've got half of carrier prime, all of helios prime minus the BP, 2 parts each of ash, banshee and limbo, and a few weapon odds and ends, all in the period right after deadlock.

Sets often have a little premium on them, so a missing part or 2 might only run you 30-60p to complete it.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

One of the easiest ways to make plat in the game is to make use of market buy orders; if you're willing to be patient you can let people come to you at median/below listed sale prices and get things.

( the warframe market registration requres a simple profile-code check to make sure your name is yours. Doing so lets you have 100 listed orders as well as other site features.)

While its useful to lazily assemble parts/sets you half complete, where its really useful is assembling finished sets to then sell for the 'whole complete set' markup.
There's even a few common-part-only sets like braton, burston, bronco and others. Fang, I think?

If you do it right, one can pay for the other, and its also a great way to get lazy ducats.

Doing this is also nice to have because junk on hand for when baro comes means less time spend running relics if he has anything you want.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Khablam posted:

You can probably get half the parts randomly if you crack relics after a new patch, and/or right before a Baro visit.
Returning players come in with their old inventories, and low and behold, half those are now vaulted.
I've got half of carrier prime, all of helios prime minus the BP, 2 parts each of ash, banshee and limbo, and a few weapon odds and ends, all in the period right after deadlock.

Sets often have a little premium on them, so a missing part or 2 might only run you 30-60p to complete it.

To wit, I haven't paid attention to if a relic I'm running is vaulted or not in easily over a year, probably over two. If I'm pubbing fissures just for ducats I just search for forma in the relic search bar and then run whatever relic I have 50+ of. So I definitely commonly use helios, carrier, etc old relics because gently caress it i've got dozens.

Typically I'll farm for specific relics whenever something new drops and then if I don't get all the pieces I want to like two or three days I'll just buy or trade for the one piece I'm missing.

So really Khablam here has some good advice. You can gather pieces for lots of vaulted stuff just by pubbing random relic missions, and if you absolutely hate grinding for specific relics, but know what you're looking for, you can just run capture fissures over and over in the right tier range and have a moderate chance of getting the part you're looking for if it's brand new.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

his meta status constantly increases and hes a good frame in general for almost everything. plus hes been vaulted for over a year now?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I just found Ordis' diary. Thanks to not having the full set of entries yet, it kinda went from :geno: to :stare: real fast.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dareon posted:

I just found Ordis' diary. Thanks to not having the full set of entries yet, it kinda went from :geno: to :stare: real fast.

the ordis story is one of my favorites in the game, i appreciate the further contextualization the latest nightwave is giving too.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
So if the Steel Path grineer have 15 million effective HP, that means Banshee's ridiculous 7 digit damage might actually have a place in the meta? :allears:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
As long as you can accomplish that without taking the 250% extra incoming damage or whatever they put out, sure?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I had a very hard time staying alive with Banshee P, and that was even after I gave her a triple umbral build (test server loooool). Her stun is great but when it wears off it’s tough to reapply and then she just gets murdered. Hilarious damage numbers until you die though! She’d probably be better in a party but lol at finding parties.

Which reminds me, when Steel Path gets released, my advice is to get as far as you can while people are still playing. Make it your top priority. Once people clear these nodes, they won’t be coming back to 99% of them. Especially rush the bosses, because they suuuuuck solo.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Can't wait to show off Mag supremacy.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
This is why you also go triple augment banshee as well, blast off everyone’s armor and give damage amp and stun them.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
So I found out that Granum Void is much, much, much easier if you just solo it as Mesa rather than try to convince pubbies to PICK UP THE GODDAMN TRIFORCES rather than awkwardly plinking at the horde of Bob Marleys warning us about the platinum chains we forge with every Prime Access pack we purchase.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I suppose it's going ot be hard to make any decent plat off of things that drop out of Lith relics. I do have all the pieces for the Braton Prime. Checking the market, there's one blueprint available for 5, but the only buy order for the set is for 2. :reject:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Dareon posted:

I suppose it's going ot be hard to make any decent plat off of things that drop out of Lith relics. I do have all the pieces for the Braton Prime. Checking the market, there's one blueprint available for 5, but the only buy order for the set is for 2. :reject:

Those are the items you sell to Baro for ducats

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

BMan posted:

Those are the items you sell to Baro for ducats

But I wanna play pretty space ninja dressup :(

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Wait for a baro weekend and sell 5packs of ducat trash in Tradechat.

Or buy primed mods from him and sell those on the market.

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Dareon posted:

But I wanna play pretty space ninja dressup :(

what do you want ?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

slow_twitch posted:

what do you want ?

Initially, just a new color palette, though I do have the Disconnect Syandana, Vauban Citadel skin, and Limbo Limina Collection wishlisted. That last one entirely for the card skin for my exploding shuriken. By the time I get enough plat to afford that without thinking of something better, I'll likely have dropped the meme build.

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

I messed around testing armor stripping in anticipation of Steel Path since it seems like it's going to be the most useful support role.

Best in class was Ember. Her 3 strips armor permanently, 100% at full heat bar, 70m range. Doesn't have to sacrifice much to maximize it in her build and she has ok survivability with her 2.

Next best I felt was Gauss. At full red line (so 2/3 of the time) he has permanent, 100% strip with decent 34m range. And should be a strong frame for Steel Path just in general.

Frost can 100% strip with his 4 (42m, 8-10s duration), but it's very demanding to build for. I had to resort to Growing Power and Pax Bolt to approach the 250 strength required to fully strip since he also wants high range, positive duration, and efficiency/energy to offset his low base energy. He kind of runs out of slots.

Oberon can perma 100% strip with two casts of his 4 on top of his weed field (or 1 cast with 334+ str). But his weed field is limited by line of sight, which is a pretty big drawback. Still makes for a decent contribution on top of the other support he brings.

Hildryn is basically invincible and her 2 is long range (with some duration like Nova) and perma strips, but only up to about 60% per cast with a reasonable build (goes up to 80% if you count the heat proc from the aug). Also have to enter line of sight with enemies at some time during the duration for it to work. Another case where it's a bonus on top of her tankiness and shield support.

Vauban's 4 perma 100% strips in 4-5 seconds (at 250/200 str) on top of giving CC, but not the greatest range (28m) or survivability.

Banshee 1 aug is 100% strip with pretty nice range (~40m), but only in a forward cone instead of 360°. Drawback is limited duration (8s base) and Banshee's surivability issues. Stripping with the aug should be a bigger damage amp than her 2 in Steel Path, even after heat procs.

Mag has perma 80% strip with her 4 aug with great range (50m). Her 3 can technically 100% strip, but it will be slow even after corpro and her 4 vs. the inflated armor values on Steel Path enemies.

Nekros has weak armor strip on his 2. Grendel has bad armor strip on his 1. Trinity, Nyx and Ash have non-permanent 100% strip vs. limited numbers of enemies, but since the most important things to strip will be single target (bosses and demolysts) they might be usable.

I don't think heavy armor strip will be entirely necessary. Bringing high meta stuff like Khora, Baruuk, Mesa, Octavia, Gara or brick tanks with a good melee should let you power through stuff. But it will be a useful role in groups and recommended for bosses and disruption. Full strip vs. a Steel Path heavy gunner will be like a 64.5x damage multiplier for the group. Same heavy gunner will have 95.8% DR after corpro and heat procs, so full strip will still represent a 23.8x damage improvement over the typical setup.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Jul 6, 2020

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I hadn't even thought about Disruption. Who will be the first to post a video of three Mesas unloading their energy bars into a flashing red Nox while an anime kid keeps dashing to hold him in place?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Started playing Harrow more and more and his energy regen is absolutely disgusting, I'm not sure why I'd ever need that much energy but a corridor of charging infested was giving me back upwards of 600 energy in a few seconds.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The nice thing about Gauss strip is that he can also succ enemies off their feet and into a frozen pile that you can conveniently bash away with your melee weapon.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Repeating that bosses are the actual trials in Steel Path. Was clearing up Earth comfortably with Wukong and Acceltra and then went to fight Vay Hek.
25 minutes later

Same thing with Jackal, turns out that the fight has 15 minute time limit after which you just fail the mission. The combination of extremely elevated defenses and hp combined with limited time you have for attacking between their invulnerability phases makes for bad times.

Solution to both was Mirage with CO Corrosive Heat Redeemer, tho Jackal required also Magnetic Bramma after armor strip. Are bosses even vulnerable to ability based armor strips?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

this is looking to be the most DE update yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

Some armor strips work on bosses, some don't. I don't know what the logic is.

Here's Ash 1 aug vs. Vor for example: https://streamable.com/hnrn1o

Ember 3 didn't work against him.

I think shattering impact always works. It's a melee mod that removes 6 armor per instance of impact damage dealt to the enemy. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it applies to base armor before level scaling is applied and enemies rarely have over 200 base armor. A Sarpa heavy attack fires 5x2 instances of impact damage, good for 60 armor stripped per shot. It's a pretty good way of stripping armor, though you give up having a useful melee weapon.