Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
It will be vitally important to random the colors on your sacrificial frames to be maximum hideous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Anshu posted:

Whoops, missed this. Whats your IGN?

Also, Victory, if you're around I could do your trade now.

I'll be on at around 8 CST this evening if that's good on your end

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Psychorider posted:

Repair also works 100% of the time and heals other players. If you're not the host rapidly going in and out of 5 can be seriously janky.

Yup, dealing with laggy hosts was what finally got me to swap over to repair after being a staunch elevate user.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Guilty posted:

I've been meaning to follow this video, but forma'ing up my Mag seems like such a chore. Then I gotta do it on the secura penta too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GSGvblLgaU

Anyways, I like the relentless Zen youtuber if for nothing that I think the videos look cool

Just starting on this build along with Helter's Secura Penta and Cyanex builds. Neither Mag nor the Secura Penta need more than a forma each if you max at 8 pips and don't use the primed versions of mods.

Hadn't seen Relentless Zen's videos before your link. Some cool build ideas there that I plan to try out.

The Cyanex is just a great weapon all around, I've come to see the light. It's both fun and easy to use. Insane range, homing, AOE damage and status application, projectile bounce, useful alt-fire, full auto - pretty loaded with features.

I have two main builds right now: as a damage dealer and as a status applicator for CO melee, could collapse them into the one build with a good riven. Could also add a bubble buster with another forma for Seeker, but going to use the Secura Penta for that.

E: Cool trick from a Relentless Zen video for status applicator primaries/secondaries: use Lock & Load or Eject Magazine to reload while holstered. Quite a lot of holstered time if you're meleeing.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Aug 7, 2020

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

funkmeister posted:

It will be vitally important to random the colors on your sacrificial frames to be maximum hideous.

I'm gonna make them all pink and hope helminth chews them like bubblegum.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

Victory Position posted:

I'll be on at around 8 CST this evening if that's good on your end

Can do!

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Man, Steel Path interceptions are a doddle if you have even one other player and a complete nightmare to solo, even with Nova. They're the only mission type that's given me problems so far.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Pipski posted:

Man, Steel Path interceptions are a doddle if you have even one other player and a complete nightmare to solo, even with Nova. They're the only mission type that's given me problems so far.

Use a huge range/duration Vauban. Absolutely trivializes interception missions. Ragdolls can't capture

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Just farmed out all 3 of Grendel missions and my god they were dull. Not challenging, just dull.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Flipswitch posted:

Just farmed out all 3 of Grendel missions and my god they were dull. Not challenging, just dull.

i managed to get in for 2 of the three missions when grendel was new but had to drop before the third and now that so much time has passed the chances of me ever getting the third is basically non-existent because those missions were just awful to play and no one wants to do them anymore lmao

probably not even for an extra helminth copy either, because the chances of his given skill being worth a poo poo, even with tweaks to make it work separately, might as well not exist

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Guilty posted:

Use a huge range/duration Vauban. Absolutely trivializes interception missions. Ragdolls can't capture

Good shout, I imagine that works well. Ta.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Johnny Joestar posted:

i managed to get in for 2 of the three missions when grendel was new but had to drop before the third and now that so much time has passed the chances of me ever getting the third is basically non-existent because those missions were just awful to play and no one wants to do them anymore lmao

probably not even for an extra helminth copy either, because the chances of his given skill being worth a poo poo, even with tweaks to make it work separately, might as well not exist

I did all the Grendel missions solo. The only really hard one is the Defense, for which you can use Revenant and turn all the enemies against each other (and use the Broken Scepter to refill on energy.)

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Dumb question, if I put mods on my Venari, and my load out companion, do they both work? If I've only got one copy of the mod? Say, I've only got one primed animal instinct and I can put it on my Helios and my Venari, what happens?

Edit vvvvv: amazing, thanks!

Guilty fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Aug 8, 2020

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

They both get to use it.

Stack all the radar.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Garuda is a pretty fun warframe, I've been quite surprised with how decent she is on a 0 forma build!

Hows the Pennant and other Railjack weapons? I'm going to start more Railjack content this evening.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think both are quite good. The Pennant takes a bit of getting used to if you aren't used to the stance.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Quellor is fodder unless you really like it for some reason. There's dozens of better options in that space.
The pennant is a good pick, but needs a huge focus into heavy attack / combo duration/efficiency to make it good. It does just feel like "I want to use a Gram Prime instead" though.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Khablam posted:

Quellor is fodder unless you really like it for some reason. There's dozens of better options in that space.
The pennant is a good pick, but needs a huge focus into heavy attack / combo duration/efficiency to make it good. It does just feel like "I want to use a Gram Prime instead" though.

Why would you want combo duration?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Flipswitch posted:

Hows the Pennant and other Railjack weapons? I'm going to start more Railjack content this evening.
I was very disappointed with Quellor considering how deep into the game it is. Looks cool though.

Pennant is actually pretty good. I think I like a Blood Rush build over heavy attacks, but the stance takes some getting used to.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

genericnick posted:

Why would you want combo duration?

he probably meant initial combo count

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

Yeah, that makes more sense.

Helter Skelter posted:

I was very disappointed with Quellor considering how deep into the game it is. Looks cool though.

Pennant is actually pretty good. I think I like a Blood Rush build over heavy attacks, but the stance takes some getting used to.

Isn't Pennant hyper focused on heavy attacks, with the speed boost?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Pennant is very much a heavy attack build weapon.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Could someone give me a quick down-low on how to build 1) melee weapons after the melee 3.0 update and 2) status guns after the status changes? It's really hard to find things which aren't years out of date by doing searches.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

My post was kinda just thrown out there, but I meant using Power Spike/Naramon alongside heavy attack efficiency, because that weapon's unique passive means you can stack it up whilst also spamming the heavy attacks.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Pennant has forced bleed on a wide sweeping heavy attack, which is always good. The rest of the moveset is poop from a butt

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I like how Hydroid plays, and his 1 is useful enough that he'll probably be the first frame I farm to feed the Helminth. Does MR accumulate separately for the standard and Prime versions of a frame?

The only problem is his charge-up times are ridiculous. The only thing I can think would speed them up is casting speed up, but that might only affect animations.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Cast speed up mod does make you charge up abilities faster. Useful for hydroid, and hey, did you know you can charge ember's 1 fireball? Who cares, but you can!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Dareon posted:

I like how Hydroid plays, and his 1 is useful enough that he'll probably be the first frame I farm to feed the Helminth. Does MR accumulate separately for the standard and Prime versions of a frame?

The only problem is his charge-up times are ridiculous. The only thing I can think would speed them up is casting speed up, but that might only affect animations.

Standard,Prime,Vandal,Wraith,Prisma,etc versions of weapons and frames are are all different for MR.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

genericnick posted:

Isn't Pennant hyper focused on heavy attacks, with the speed boost?

To a degree, sure. Combo efficiency is a thing.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

The Shortest Path posted:

Could someone give me a quick down-low on how to build 1) melee weapons after the melee 3.0 update and 2) status guns after the status changes? It's really hard to find things which aren't years out of date by doing searches.

Super quick, highly inaccurate information to get you started, in order of importance: CO, blood rush, weeping wounds, berserker, organ shatter, last three are elements of your choice + utility mod (i.e. primed reach/drifting contact/maybe heat for heat/viral)

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I wish Hydroid was good but his kit is so all over the place. Nothing really works well together and building for one thing fucks over another and it's just A Mess. On top of that nothing is really all that good except the tentacles and those are only good for the augment for loot farming. He could really use a rework at some point to give his kit some identity and cohesion.

Still gonna get that Deluxe skin though, I still like my pirate boy even if he's bad and that deluxe is too good to pass up.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
They did give him a minor retune at some point. You can dash while you're pooled with his 2-3 combo. This sucks anyone you move through into the pool, rather than knocking them away. You can also cast his 1 in there, and I think it damages and strips anyone in the pool too if you're in it's AoE. I had fun dashing around, picking people up on an interception in my rain.

His numbers for all that could probably do with a boost though, but it's an interaction I like.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 8, 2020

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I wish Hydroid was good but his kit is so all over the place. Nothing really works well together and building for one thing fucks over another and it's just A Mess. On top of that nothing is really all that good except the tentacles and those are only good for the augment for loot farming. He could really use a rework at some point to give his kit some identity and cohesion.

The thing that threw me about trying hydroid again semi-recently (post melee flow changes) is that ability charge up is just SO LONG that it feels like it got overlooked when making everything snappier. Natural talent feels mandatory, but I don't know why it isn't an exilus.

I'd really like to see a pirate frame focused on the personal aspect of heroic piracy as opposed to the purely naval.

Call them Sparrow as a nod to, you know.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Dareon posted:

The trick to using his 1 well, is to grab the augment and don't bother charging it. The extra damage is irrelevant on any higher tier enemy (you just want the strip & CC) and you can cast it multiple times.

If you like him, he has some weird niches.
His 1 strips armour with the aug, and his 3 scales as a percentage of enemy health. There's therefore a maximum time any enemy can survive in the puddle. It's quite long, but it's also completely safe. You can also do it to multiple enemies at the same time, doubly so if you gather them all up with your 2 first. Handy if you find 2 high level heavy gunners and a nox or something.
His 4 with the augment is also +100% loot, not the 54/65 you get on Nekros/khora. The logic is it covers a much smaller area, so it's balanced on that. However if you're doing a solo survival, you can synergise your 1, 3 and 4 to make all enemies die after being touched by a tentacle. This will give you enough life support to make solo survival less of a pain.
If you cast 4 from within 3, you deal double damage. Captured enemies take true damage, and it also bypasses shields. It's pretty strong against corpus.
You can just puddle near a terminal in an interception mission and it's impossible for an enemy to access it.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Ya Hydroid has some weird synergies that make him surprisingly capable, he's just a tad slow paced when compared to how a lot of other frames play. Some slight tweaks to ranges and a noticeably sped up casting time are all he really needs.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

Not quick, but these XandyPants videos go over some of the new builds:
https://youtu.be/xEa9m5bVz9M
https://youtu.be/QirMHtDZ5M0
https://youtu.be/qckoo43Hg_M

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Anybody have a Netra I can trade them a Khra for? I tried farming it but I ran out of relics and I'm trying to kill this lich for a Nightwave mission.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
What are the high-priority things to do or acquire since Scarlet Spear ended? I wrung that event for all it was worth and had a solid endgame setup for the time (lich weapons, maxed out railjack, etc), and used the end of Scarlet Spear as a good point to take a break. Looking to get back in for Heart of Deimos, and use the time between now and the 25th to catch up on the best / most interesting content I’ve missed. Any suggestions?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Arsonide posted:

Anybody have a Netra I can trade them a Khra for? I tried farming it but I ran out of relics and I'm trying to kill this lich for a Nightwave mission.

If you ask in game in clan chat, or in the discord, someone will probably have one for you real quick.

Kestral posted:

What are the high-priority things to do or acquire since Scarlet Spear ended?

I don't think you're behind by that much, Titania Prime, Steel Path, and the Protea quest stuff is about it I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Grab any arcanes you want now because the price is only gonna go up until there's another event with em