Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Tylana posted:

:siren: Giveaway Alert :siren:

thegoatman420 in game (goatse is a curse word in game :( ). I’ll spend the credits on all of the shotgun mods that are currently sitting at rank 0 because I just started using shotguns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
also you don't really need anyone clearing the trash, just stand on top of a rock formation or mushroom and you can ignore everything but PT herself

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Arsonide posted:

Personally I hate this fight and bring Trinity into pubbie groups. The pubbies (usually) kill Profit Taker and I just keep them juiced and alive.
I'll do PT for relative short sessions like 4 clears for a million credits (using chroma). But I'd rather grind railjack for intrinsics and credits. PT is so annoying.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Index is largely obsolete, and there are two much stronger alternatives depending on whether you prioritize accessibility or pure credits/minute.

Railjack missions reward huge amounts of credits compared to normal missions, although probably still a little less than Index, while also rewarding a shitload of one-time mastery via Intrinsics. It's also not as mind-numbing as Index, although that might just be the novelty factor.

On the other hand, if you've done the standing grind in Fortuna, you can run Profit-Taker, a boss fight that can be completed ludicrously quickly if you have a coordinated team, and still pretty fast even with just one solid carry. It rewards half the credits of Index in significantly less than half the time. Also it's a lot of fun once you're properly set up for it (if kind of miserable before then).

I'm definitely still at the miserable point for profit-taker.

OTOH, all you really need for lightning-fast Gian Point railjack farm is a Tether avionic (it's tradeable!) and enough dirac to max out it and its grid. Plus a friend to man the artillery.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The List Is Out

Big surprises for me: Valkyr's Warcry, Rhino's Roar, Chroma's Elemental Ward, Inaros' Desiccation

My big hopes coming true: Harrow's Condemn, Hildryn's Pillage, Wukong's Defy :neckbeard:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

No offense to my sand king but letting any other frame have Desiccation basically means I've run out of reasons to play Inaros

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

No offense to my sand king but letting any other frame have Desiccation basically means I've run out of reasons to play Inaros

but you can give inaros a good ability

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

BMan posted:

but you can give inaros a good ability
I guess giving him Larva would be fun for making it easier to group up and mow down things, or giving him Blood Altar for a comedy option of "no seriously, literally never EVER die"

Mostly wondering if taking Gauss's Thermal Sunder would be worthwhile on Volt for getting 2 more damage types on a frame that already builds strength/range. Or Larva again for murderball.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Also drat, I'm surprised they didn't actually go for only the weakest options

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah, did not expect Ivara Quiver

also Expedite Suffering seems real good

e: you can rename the Helminth lol

Audrey III comin' up

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

DoombatINC posted:

The List Is Out

Big surprises for me: Valkyr's Warcry, Rhino's Roar, Chroma's Elemental Ward, Inaros' Desiccation

My big hopes coming true: Harrow's Condemn, Hildryn's Pillage, Wukong's Defy :neckbeard:

Big standouts not above:

Equinox' rest and rage, a really nice str boost
Khora's ensnare, an extremely good stun for liches, and in general just a great ability
Mirage's Eclipse, literally the best damage boost in the game
Nezha's Firewalker, the augment for this makes it STUPID strong
Nova's Null Star, oh hi 90% damage reduction
Protea: Dispensary, free energy orbs, basically an instalock on mesa and saryn
Vauban: Tesla Nervos, extremely good damage with the augment, stays around until their pathing bugs out

Really not looking forward to farming a second protea.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah, did not expect Ivara Quiver

also Expedite Suffering seems real good

e: you can rename the Helminth lol

Audrey III comin' up
They did specify you don't get the best part of Ivara Quiver (sleep dart) though

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Inaros is getting Defy over Devour, Banshee is getting Pillage over Sound Quake, Valkyr is getting Elemental Ward over Paralysis, Ember is getting Fire Walker over Fireball - Roar Nekros? Condemn Hydroid? The world is my huge stupid oyster

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
My favorite part of quiver is dashwire, which also doesn't seem like it made the cut.

I'm most stoked for Spectrorage, Condemn, Ensnare, and that new Energy Munitions ability.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Firewalker Gauss, finally the Flash RP frame is complete.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1212935-derelict-shift-update-2830/
patch notes
drop chance boosters now affect steel essence and riven slivers

edit: :siren: if you have already started the Steel Path, logging in will give you a 3 day resource drop chance booster as an apology

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Aug 12, 2020

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Spectrorage with Spectrosiphon is an eternal energy orb fountain that pulls aggro, so that's quite nice. I'm not sure it'll be quite as overpowered as other options, but it's a very good ability.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I really enjoy it as part of Gara's kit to keep enemies off of the wall and direct explosives into.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1212935-derelict-shift-update-2830/
patch notes
drop chance boosters now affect steel essence and riven slivers

edit: :siren: if you have already started the Steel Path, logging in will give you a 3 day resource drop chance booster as an apology

You may now start buying the simaris BPs

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1212921-the-helminth-dev-workshop/

They released the list of subsumed abilities.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Is DE making an implication that Helminth can be used on our kavats and kubrows in the future with that last cheeky comment?

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

welp, looks like i need another nidus..goodbye soul punch, hello larva

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

necrobobsledder posted:

Is DE making an implication that Helminth can be used on our kavats and kubrows in the future with that last cheeky comment?

They teased a new infested Kavat variant, as well as (I think?) a second Kubrow one besides the Helminth Charger. So yeah, probably something like that.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

I was assuming you can feed it a pet as food, or that possibly you could turn it into a catboy

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

DoombatINC posted:

Inaros is getting Defy over Devour, Banshee is getting Pillage over Sound Quake, Valkyr is getting Elemental Ward over Paralysis, Ember is getting Fire Walker over Fireball - Roar Nekros? Condemn Hydroid? The world is my huge stupid oyster

I'm looking forward to Terrify with the augment on Speed Nova. Nobody gets armor! Everybody takes double damage!

...at least i need to check how affected it is by ability strength.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
So excited for this aww yeee.

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Nothing matters because Roar is on that list and Roar is just better than everything else on that list. Roar even stacks with other casts of Roar. Enjoy easy stupid amounts of damage.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

ssmagus posted:

Nothing matters because Roar is on that list and Roar is just better than everything else on that list. Roar even stacks with other casts of Roar. Enjoy easy stupid amounts of damage.

Only on strength builds, but yes

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

I'm going to do the boring thing and turn "fast rhino" into "literally fast rhino"

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

I'm going to make six different versions of Wisp

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Nalesh posted:

Big standouts not above:

Equinox' rest and rage, a really nice str boost
Khora's ensnare, an extremely good stun for liches, and in general just a great ability
Mirage's Eclipse, literally the best damage boost in the game
Nezha's Firewalker, the augment for this makes it STUPID strong
Nova's Null Star, oh hi 90% damage reduction
Protea: Dispensary, free energy orbs, basically an instalock on mesa and saryn
Vauban: Tesla Nervos, extremely good damage with the augment, stays around until their pathing bugs out

Really not looking forward to farming a second protea.

sleeper picks:
Greedy Pull: Return of Draco-style affinity farming groups?
Smite / infusion: scaling DPS + a group buff

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Get a load of that InfestedPredatorDomesticated/InfestedCritterDomesticated

(accidentally added to codex in this patch)

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Also of note: Atlas' Petrify hits a stupid amount of space if you're using a range build, lasts a decently long time, reduces all of the target's damage resistances by 50%, and has an augment that lets you gain extra loot from petrified targets (which stacks with most other +loot powers).

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
My highlights from the Helminth list:
  • Rhino Roar is amazing on any frame that doesn't dumpster strength.
  • Nidus Larva is amazing on any build with range (but farming a second Nidus will be a massive PITA). It groups up everything in a huge area to let anyone with a half-decent gun clear roomfulls of enemies in one hit.
  • If you want armor stripping abilities, Hildryn Pillage or Ash's Shuriken with its augment are both good options.
  • If you wanna un-squish a squishy warframe, Chroma's Elemental Ward and Nova's Null Star are the two biggest self-buffs to improve your tankiness. Null star has higher potential but requires a ton of investment -- 300% ability duration to cap at 90% damage reduction, plus the augment and negative range to keep yourself at 18/18 stars.
  • Alternately, you could use Condemn or Pillage to stack up overshields and abuse shield gating, or you could use Loki's Decoy with the Savior Decoy augment to avoid death (but it has a 60 second cooldown).
  • Titania's Spellbind with the augment lets you recover energy while channeling. Might be fun to stick it on Ember instead of her 1.
  • Valk's Warcry with augment will be great on excalibur (or any other melee frame)

TheParadigm posted:

I'm looking forward to Terrify with the augment on Speed Nova. Nobody gets armor! Everybody takes double damage!

...at least i need to check how affected it is by ability strength.

Terrify reduces armor by default. The augment just adds a slow.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
300% dur you say? my limbo says hello!

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
How would Greedy Pull help... anything?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Pillage on Mag is gonna be ridiculous.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If you wanna un-squish a squishy warframe, Chroma's Elemental Ward and Nova's Null Star are the two biggest self-buffs to improve your tankiness. Null star has higher potential but requires a ton of investment -- 300% ability duration to cap at 90% damage reduction, plus the augment and negative range to keep yourself at 18/18 stars.

Defy is probably better than these in most cases

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

BMan posted:

Defy is probably better than these in most cases

I didn't keep up with Wukong's rework but actually yeah that seems way better.
Before I looked it up just now I had a vague idea that it was some kinda temporary invincibility plus counter-attack, but infinite armor seems pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Replace soundquake with defy, you now have both better tank and a better nuke lol