Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Tempest_56 posted:

It sometimes isn't obvious. However, rather than looking up tutorials the actual answer is: "Do you have Titania yet? Get Titania, why do a jumping puzzle when you can fly?"

At the moment I'm still enjoying jumping puzzles as a way of learning the movement mechanics, this movement stuff combined with melee is absolutely what has sold the game to me. However, if the treasure rooms actually become an obstacle between me and my dang endo, gently caress 'em, I'll look into this Titania thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Wukong and zephyr are also good for those rooms. I enjoy the jumping and stuff too, but not if a mistake is going to force me to redo the mission.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I learned the timed vault rooms without any specific mobility frame. There's only a handful of them, and the routes are never randomized. One thing to note is that you need to trigger certain pressure plates on the ground, which can be easy to miss (because it's not really used anywhere else in the game).

Titania is incredible tho, and prime sets are pretty cheap.

StoryTime posted:

I can see this being pretty key in getting into vents and on higher platforms and stuff. Thanks!
It's like literally 90% of my movement. the other 10% are a later game mechanic you wont unlock for a few hundreds hours.

I found my early mobility combo of duck-jump forward -> airjump -> optional rmb hold to glide -> staff quickmelee / shift tap forward roll to land and stuck with it for a very long time.

On a different note, my ticker-event themed arsenal is coming along nicely

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 21, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

hazardousmouse posted:

ooo please elaborate more on this weird take

Ok, here ya go.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

StoryTime posted:

At the moment I'm still enjoying jumping puzzles as a way of learning the movement mechanics, this movement stuff combined with melee is absolutely what has sold the game to me. However, if the treasure rooms actually become an obstacle between me and my dang endo, gently caress 'em, I'll look into this Titania thing.

You should seriously consider getting a wukong ASAP. It's a wonderful Swiss army knife of a frame that just speed runs every map type. Join a clan and build one, or better yet, farm the prime version. Sometimes you can find a wukong for free from vets. It's a brilliant frame for beginners

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wukong is the "I don't want to play warframe" frame, which makes it the strongest.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

lol I'm so terrible at hitting their weak points that I gave up and always use voidrig's 4 pointblank. so I forget they even have damage resistance

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I love my wukong lenz loadout.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Ay complain about whatever you want but leave monkeyboi out it.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
https://undergroundwubwubmaster.tumblr.com/post/641762914281357312/stonks-tenno

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

DE's commitment to making their game as complicated as possible and then punishing anyone who actually uses or understands that complexity remains awe-inspiring

"what if we gave the player half a dozen ways to increase their damage and then every new boss fight arbitrarily makes it so 4 of those ways don't work, and we never tell you which ones it's gonna be"

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

And yet chroma remains as the worst designed frame in the game but the default you use for any boss encounter because at least his only skill actually works. Though I guess if they fixed him the bosses would just be even worse.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

"what if we gave the player half a dozen ways to increase their damage and then every new boss fight arbitrarily makes it so 4 of those ways don't work, and we never tell you which ones it's gonna be"

That's always been DE, but New DE also issues a lightning-fast patch to disable the seventh way that players figured out because hamfisted design is ~sacred~.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I finally got a wolf sledge to go with this riven I've had for a while:

+99% slash
+148% critical chance
+76% electricity

I don't know if it's anything special as far as rivens go, but it's a big upgrade for me! Going to make a Thor build now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Electricity is my favorite element in any game and I wish it got more love here.

Aside from being part of an anti-Corpus build, it doesn't sure a huge purpose.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Electricity is my favorite element in any game and I wish it got more love here.

*sigh*
Its secretly OP in the conclave, if you ever try that mode.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
why do you persist in self-owning like that?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

TheParadigm posted:

*sigh*
*unsheaths nikana*

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I checked back into this just to get me some wings and holy poo poo they cover like 90 percent of the screen. I cannae glimpse de wee robits!

Well, the sacrifices one must make for fashion, I suppose.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheParadigm posted:

*sigh*
Its secretly OP in the conclave, if you ever try that mode.

ahahah

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

I checked back into this just to get me some wings and holy poo poo they cover like 90 percent of the screen. I cannae glimpse de wee robits!

I put mine on the op.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

Good for making corrosion damage though, yes? I think I remember that as one of the "good" elements.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
also good for soft CC

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I finally got a wolf sledge to go with this riven I've had for a while:

+99% slash
+148% critical chance
+76% electricity

I don't know if it's anything special as far as rivens go, but it's a big upgrade for me! Going to make a Thor build now.

I want to make Wolf Sledge work for this exact reason, but honestly with the new glaive mods it's just not anywhere near as good as a glaive. Glaive Prime straight up deletes rooms.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Hammer is my favorite weapon type, so there's a definite aesthetic bonus. They gave them a very satisfying smash effect in this game.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah I played one round with them on and it completely ruins things. That operator idea though...that's a good one.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Get ready

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUjwi9d-rvw

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
still no accessories pack up on the ps store

weird

edit: looks like they are aware and should be fixed shortly

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 23, 2021

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Any of the new prime weapons any good? I recall the pandero being an ok bullet hose

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

perfectly timed for Daft Punk's splitting, now we can all make sick beats

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

hazardousmouse posted:

perfectly timed for Daft Punk's splitting, now we can all make sick beats

The gently caress?

Why am I learning about this here?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
because I've perfected the art of inappropriate delivery of devastating news

also oh nnnoooo have y'all seen this new "emote" section? they hurt me deep inside. except the last one on the list, which i've nicknamed the "both my arms fell asleep flop"

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The gently caress?

The amount of things you can learn in the wf thread is pretty immense tbh. This isn't the first time something like this has happened here even.

Ps, does anyone have an ignis riven they'd trade for an amprex one?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The gently caress?

lol if you aren't used to learning about celebrity death via the pyf meme thread

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
to clarify neither of the robots are dead

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Lue rescue sortie is terrible

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

hazardousmouse posted:

because I've perfected the art of inappropriate delivery of devastating news

also oh nnnoooo have y'all seen this new "emote" section? they hurt me deep inside. except the last one on the list, which i've nicknamed the "both my arms fell asleep flop"

I was briefly amused by the one that literally just looks like someone stumbling drunkenly while holding a phone up to their ear.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Day 1300! :toot:

Grabbed a rifle Riven cache, ended up with a Harpak (neat), an Acceltra (should be fun), and a Nagantaka (a dupe).

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Echophonic posted:

Day 1300! :toot:

Grabbed a rifle Riven cache, ended up with a Harpak (neat), an Acceltra (should be fun), and a Nagantaka (a dupe).

Is there any way to see your login day without the daily login reward screen on reset? I forgot to look today and I'm impatient to wait for tomorrow lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

flatluigi posted:

to clarify neither of the robots are dead

I watched the video. This is false.