Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Did they mention anything about the command avionic?

Edit: hell yeah garbage top post.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Feb 27, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
my main problem with railjack seems likely unfixable: I'd like to hop into and out of missions at my leisure, and not depend on where and how long a host is playing (or screw the others over when I leave early!)

the system is very good if you want to play long sessions, and I don't

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I hadn't watched the stream before, but the railjack stuff is baffling. It screws everyone except the people with a just-out-of-the-oven ship who want to be carried but also want to use their own ship to do it. Even in that small use case, you better hope that the three random people matchmaking have a specific spread of avionics and aren't all using the same loadout with stats that don't stack. God help you if you want to solo, or get unlucky on the spread, or three pubbies join your crippled ship with no mods equipped.

I know it's kind of DE's brand to have some idea and push it to prod without a thought but jesus christ. Maybe they're trying to gut it so that it can be left in the past or something.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mailer posted:

I hadn't watched the stream before, but the railjack stuff is baffling. It screws everyone except the people with a just-out-of-the-oven ship who want to be carried but also want to use their own ship to do it. Even in that small use case, you better hope that the three random people matchmaking have a specific spread of avionics and aren't all using the same loadout with stats that don't stack. God help you if you want to solo, or get unlucky on the spread, or three pubbies join your crippled ship with no mods equipped.

I know it's kind of DE's brand to have some idea and push it to prod without a thought but jesus christ. Maybe they're trying to gut it so that it can be left in the past or something.

I didn't read that like that at all. I'd rather expect that it will lead to a game state where you will be able to join a session and still carry the pubs, independently of their fail-boat.
Edit: Frame mods? I remember something about a harness. Don't think you'll put them in a frame?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
switching it to mods is an okay idea. maybe it wouldn't necessarily be an improvement, but it could work. but frame mods? what the hell are they thinking?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

genericnick posted:

I didn't read that like that at all. I'd rather expect that it will lead to a game state where you will be able to join a session and still carry the pubs, independently of their fail-boat.
Edit: Frame mods? I remember something about a harness. Don't think you'll put them in a frame?

Harness. Which is player based, not ship based. So it's not that it'll take up slots for normal combat, but the pilot avionics will depend on who is the pilot. So basically on your frame.

EDIT : The goal seems to mostly be not letting a weak host or a bad crew totally screw you, see also having separate repair goo amounts and stuff. Though it may be that you can't instantly bootstrap a noob up either. Also these are all just their current ideas. There will be a dev workshop. And this is DE. So who knows what we get. Saying it currently seems stable is probably a bit like a year or two ago going "I've never seen weak host on Hydron." when it was the meta farming spot. The people at Gian Point are mostly people with a meta blinged out ship.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 27, 2021

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
To be honest I don't ever play Railjack anymore so they can do whatever with that game mode. Surprise me, DE.

They did mention that they want to permanently move some currently vaulted relics to Railjack, among other things. So maybe there will be a reason to go there at some point.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I've had my fill of current railjack, i'd welcome a change. If all their ideas shake out nicely in actual implementation is something i can only tell like a week after it dropped (barring the usual obvious boneheaded decisions). Pointless to theorycraft now when it's all just vague concepts floating in midair. I don't even care about past progression stuff, mix that up as much as you need for it to be better.

Really, my biggest problem with the railjack segment on the Q&A stream was that they barely mentioned crew management and fashion for my liches. :colbert:

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
My biggest fear is railjack being an integral component of the game. If they're really gating relics and other resources behind railjack content that's going to be a huge problem I think.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I think Railjack is worth saving, as well as archwing. And op, amps, and focus schools. But deep down I know they'll always be gimped bullshit because DE.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I share the fear that having content hiding behind Railjack mostly just raises the minimum duration of a mission, which isn't great for how I doodle around in Warframe. But, we'll see. If the game gets worse, I'll play it less. There's plenty of game in the world to play.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
As long as railjack rewards are alienable it's all fine. Being able to play what you want, earn plat from most of it, and then trade it for the spoils of modes you don't want to play is one of Warframe's best qualities.

It's when they start making poo poo untradable that it gets obnoxious.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So how should I level up a Necramech?
Just run missions in Deimos?

I know venom was the way but now it's unavailable.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
Personally, I can't wait for DE to rework Lunaro and add the Lunaro claw as a weapon. It's only been almost five years since they added that game mode, that's pretty recent on the DE Timeline.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

FZeroRacer posted:

Personally, I can't wait for DE to rework Lunaro and add the Lunaro claw as a weapon. It's only been almost five years since they added that game mode, that's pretty recent on the DE Timeline.

Are... are you a unicorn?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Inzombiac posted:

Right now, yes.

Soon (tm) they'll be available in all missions, Scott talked about that on the dev stream.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

If you really have to do it now I guess the thermia event would be the way?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

If you really don't care about bounty rewards, capturing orb vallis bases summons many enemies to murder

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Toroid farming is a decent way too.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Inzombiac posted:

Deimos is an awful option because infested give poo poo affinity. Plains/Cetus or Vallis/Fortuna should give much better in most cases. As usual though, whatever you can fold into another farm/grind is the best. If Thermia Fractures are going on, they kind a relatively fixed enemy level and a good flow of enemies.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

:frogsiren: grendel glutt helmet is in the nightwave store

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Ideas for replacing Wukongs 4?

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Terbulus posted:

I have tried breach surge and silence. Silence is good if you're using wukong to kill necramechs. I've heard some people rec ember's ability so that he gets some armor strip. His 1 2 3 and passive already give him a lot of survivability so I don't feel the need to look for that at the worm wall.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Finally did a profit taker orb in under 10 minutes after I finally got my zenith login bonus. Very happy. I followed Blunt's guide and set up something similar and it really paid off. I'm curious as to how these crazy speed runners get sub 2 min runs, I watched some videos and it seems like insane luck. Going to try and adjust and get a sub 5 minute run. Anyways, as a solo player, very happy to never have to Index ever again, gently caress index.

Now that I've got a surplus of Fortuna stuff, I'm finally spending time to mastery rank up kitgun stuff. I have a catchmoon secondary since it was recommended forever, and I love it, but wondering if any of the other kitguns are worth keeping after I level them? I read that rattleguts secondary is also useful in certain builds, and I'm curious to try the pax charge catchmoon and just infinite firing, was wondering if anyone else tried that and if it's worth building and forma'ing again.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Terbulus posted:

If you're still doing sortie spies the auto breach ability is useful.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

genericnick posted:

If you're still doing sortie spies the auto breach ability is useful.

I thought so too but that's disabled for sorties :((((

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

copy posted:

I have tried breach surge and silence. Silence is good if you're using wukong to kill necramechs. I've heard some people rec ember's ability so that he gets some armor strip. His 1 2 3 and passive already give him a lot of survivability so I don't feel the need to look for that at the worm wall.

I used Valkyr's thing for a while. Seems good. You can put almost anything in there. Hacking for sorties.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Guilty posted:

I thought so too but that's disabled for sorties :((((

wat

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

War Cry for Wukong's 4 is what I'm doing and it seems pretty nice.
I like to play all melee while my twin shoots lasers at fools. It's a great combo.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Some dumbasses complained that it made sortie spy "too easy" on the official forums, because apparently they don't understand how to ask questions like "so what, exactly, is this supposed to be useful for?" before making any balance decisions.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Guilty posted:

Finally did a profit taker orb in under 10 minutes after I finally got my zenith login bonus. Very happy. I followed Blunt's guide and set up something similar and it really paid off. I'm curious as to how these crazy speed runners get sub 2 min runs, I watched some videos and it seems like insane luck. Going to try and adjust and get a sub 5 minute run. Anyways, as a solo player, very happy to never have to Index ever again, gently caress index.

Now that I've got a surplus of Fortuna stuff, I'm finally spending time to mastery rank up kitgun stuff. I have a catchmoon secondary since it was recommended forever, and I love it, but wondering if any of the other kitguns are worth keeping after I level them? I read that rattleguts secondary is also useful in certain builds, and I'm curious to try the pax charge catchmoon and just infinite firing, was wondering if anyone else tried that and if it's worth building and forma'ing again.

I still use my tombfinger/hay/splat. With magnum force and arcane seeker and velocity it rips.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

2 minutes or less is either Mirage instead of Chroma (which is pretty pointless for moneymaking since you don't get the Effigy doubler) or a coordinated team of four damage-boosting frames all multiplying each other

if you can get it under 7 minutes and consistently double the credit drop with Chroma it's better credits/hour than Index. with absolutely perfect gear and performance on Chroma you can maybe break 3 minutes.

my runs are usually about 4-5 but i don't even have arcane avenger let alone rivens for all the relevant weapons so there's a lot of room for improvement there as well as in my actual play

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

2 minutes or less is either Mirage instead of Chroma (which is pretty pointless for moneymaking since you don't get the Effigy doubler) or a coordinated team of four damage-boosting frames all multiplying each other

if you can get it under 7 minutes and consistently double the credit drop with Chroma it's better credits/hour than Index. with absolutely perfect gear and performance on Chroma you can maybe break 3 minutes.

my runs are usually about 4-5 but i don't even have arcane avenger let alone rivens for all the relevant weapons so there's a lot of room for improvement there as well as in my actual play

What do you need to do to get the double credit drop? Press Chroma's 4 right before you finish the fight? Or am I remembering Chroma's stuff wrong?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

DarkAvenger211 posted:

What do you need to do to get the double credit drop? Press Chroma's 4 right before you finish the fight? Or am I remembering Chroma's stuff wrong?

Press Chroma's 4 right before the credits drop, relatively close to where the credits will drop (near the orb's back-left leg). It's kind of tricky because you have to get the timing and positioning both right, and optimized PT Chroma usually tanks range. Every time I try it after a break it takes me a couple attempts to remember where in the death animation the credit drop actually happens, plus the orb can push effigy around as it falls.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

MJ12 posted:

Some dumbasses complained that it made sortie spy "too easy" on the official forums, because apparently they don't understand how to ask questions like "so what, exactly, is this supposed to be useful for?" before making any balance decisions.

it works though

Guilty
May 3, 2003

BMan posted:

it works though

Yeah you're right, I just did a sortie with perspicacity. Must have patched it awhile back.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Someone tweet at Steve that you're a member of a small group that enjoys manual Spy and THIS is an insult to every one of the thousands of hours manual spy players have endured.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Dumb question time, trying to get the pieces for cortege and morgha, need the damaged necramech weapon pieces.

My dumb question is, is there a difference between rotations and tiers? I remember when Deimos first came out you had to complete 3 vaults in 1 cycle which was tricky. But then they patched it and changed it to tiers, wondering if that changed it so tier 3 is equivalent to rotation C now. Anyways I've run about 20 tier 2 iso vaults over the past few weeks and only got one weapon stock. Do i still need to do 3 in one cycle?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Guilty posted:

My dumb question is, is there a difference between rotations and tiers? I remember when Deimos first came out you had to complete 3 vaults in 1 cycle which was tricky. But then they patched it and changed it to tiers, wondering if that changed it so tier 3 is equivalent to rotation C now. Anyways I've run about 20 tier 2 iso vaults over the past few weeks and only got one weapon stock. Do i still need to do 3 in one cycle?

There's three tiers of iso vaults, but there's no more completing them in cycles. Tier 3 is always tier 3. You can also do arcana vaults, which are generally faster and drop the same weapon bits. All vaults are on a A/B/C loot rotation that resets on its own cycle, and each of those rotations has a specific one of the weapon parts. You can do a tier 1 or a tier 3 and the weapon drop chance is the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Terbulus posted:

I have loadouts for Firewalker, Resonator, and Roar. Firewalker is to make sure slow ppl who can't keep up with the cloud know I'm ahead of them. Resonator is solid CC that's low effort, long duration like the clone. Roar for making clone better at grinding bounties while I alt+tab.