Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Anyone else notice a substantial performance boost with this update? Haven't done any tower runs yet, they tend to make my fps poo poo the bed but I'm getting 60+ fps during missions where I used to get 30-40. Feels great on this aging desktop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

HelmetCheese posted:

Anyone else notice a substantial performance boost with this update? Haven't done any tower runs yet, they tend to make my fps poo poo the bed but I'm getting 60+ fps during missions where I used to get 30-40. Feels great on this aging desktop.

Did you use multithreaded rendering before? It's on by default now.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Male Man posted:

I don't know how any damage type interacts with any target type!

Neither do I, with one exception: my 'cancer cannon' 100% radiation Ignis is 99% useless against Void mobs. It says it does 400-600 a tick, but it literally does 5 or less on almost every tick on Void T3 mobs. I guess the Void is chock-full of hard gamma rays and everyone just sort of chills in 500 millisieverts of radiation all day, every day, in the Void.

edit: V V V or someone at DE played too much Death Knight in WoW-LK; it was an old Blood spec ability that upped your damage output (and damage input) by some hilarious amount, they had to remove it before Cata launched but some 20-million gamers worldwide will think of that first when they read 'Hysteria'

Coldbird fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 21, 2013

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

chumbler posted:

To be fair, Hulk Hands is probably copyrighted. And I'm gonna be honest, as prone as I am to getting kinda SJW, naming it hysteria is pretty low on my list of things to get upset over, even with knowing why others are mad about it. Though it's still not a very good name when they could've just used like rage or something.

It's probably that she's a female frame and now she's a hysterical female frame. It has old social connotations which were probably not taken into consideration when naming the power.

Male Man posted:

Did you use multithreaded rendering before? It's on by default now.

So's melee being unlocked from the camera now.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
Edit: whoops!

Mayheim
Jun 15, 2006
Does anyone know where the contact list went?
And apperently they added super bright tracers to the Kunai that make them really hard to aim now. :(

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Man, if you're going to make Blessing work like Iron Skin, then at least let me re-apply it when it runs out of absorbtion.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Someone tell me how to level mods with plat. NOW.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

raverrn posted:

Someone tell me how to level mods with plat. NOW.

Trade

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Warframe crashed for me, for the first time ever :/

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Denzine posted:

edit: OH YEAH GUYS I ALMOST FORGOT Blessing has a loving damage cap now, making it largely loving worthless.

If I can't shoot rockets at my feet then I'm done with trinity forever.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

Speaking of which, anyone got the requirements of the trading post available? That poo poo ain't on the wiki.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Epsilon Plus posted:

Warframe crashed for me, for the first time ever :/

Yeah, Warframe is crashing like crazy for me.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Azran posted:

Yeah, Warframe is crashing like crazy for me.
I just had a crash right now!

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Hotfix inbound. The Trinity nerf was a bug - or so they say.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
What is the next weapon I should be looking for after the Braton and is said weapon a schematic drop from somewhere or a schematic I can buy on the market? I went from doing 50% damage playing with newbies who were using the lesser version of the Braton to doing 15-20% damage while I see other players doing 50%. It just feels like I should probably have something else by now, I think I'm around rank 20 with the Braton.

I'm also still using the starter pistol and sword.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

I feel like I'm having to relearn the game all over again. It's exciting and frustrating.

I think I'm going to leave trading alone until the market kinda settles out.

Jun 29, 2009
Not sure if it will help, just grabbing the update now, but if you're crashing, try disabling multi-threaded rendering. Before the patch I enabled that and crashed every third/fourth mission.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
It's been crashing for me at the end of every mission since this latest patch.

And it seemed like they un-fixed Vortex affecting players, but it only happened like half the time I dropped one.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

katkillad2 posted:

What is the next weapon I should be looking for after the Braton and is said weapon a schematic drop from somewhere or a schematic I can buy on the market? I went from doing 50% damage playing with newbies who were using the lesser version of the Braton to doing 15-20% damage while I see other players doing 50%. It just feels like I should probably have something else by now, I think I'm around rank 20 with the Braton.

Finish that and move on to Boltor primary, Kunai secondary. You'll pop back up there on damage again. Though with U11, you might try shotguns. They are supposed to be pretty beastly now.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

katkillad2 posted:

What sort of gun do you want? Rocket launcher, flamethrower, assault rifle, SMG, nail gun, shotgun, sniper, laser pointer...really, it depends on what you want to do. Anything is viable enough for almost all of the game, and with the right mods, any gun can do any mission (though super-long defense/survival is only for certain equipment, that's not in the scope of normal gameplay IMO).

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
High shotgun crit rates were a bug and are now fixed. Shotguns are now poo poo again. All the critguns had their crit nerfed. Soma lost over 20% off its max and stwraith lost ~10%. Gorgon now has 10% crit base, making it poo poo again.

Blessing still has a damage cap, looks like that one's NOT a bug.

Lanka doesn't show its crit rate in the Arsenal but it crits ingame so all that poo poo about how gun stats would be taken directly from the actual stats the game uses for mechanics? A loving lie.

edit: oh and I just tried the Lanka cuz it lists its damage as Elec again and maxed the proc chance and it doesn't actually seem to have any ability to proc the chain lightning effect. Or the range is really lovely. who knows.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Nov 21, 2013

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

Nobody is completely 100% sure what good weapons are anymore. The good news is that elemental damage seems to be good enough by itself, so you don't need to worry about the damage typing on your weapons like you used to.

Have you enjoyed the Braton? The Furis is a secondary weapon that is very similar to the Braton. People used to recommend the Boltor, but I wouldn't get it now. It's slightly worse than the Braton by DPS and has projectiles instead of hitscan.

Otherwise, the Latron is slightly worse than the Braton by raw DPS, but if you enjoy clicking heads I found that it works pretty well in that role. The Strun is a shotgun. Once you get some mods into it you can one-shot pretty much anything, but the low clip and effectively melee range are drawbacks.

One thing you have to keep in mind is that a simple weapon change is unlikely to be an improvement in your raw capabilities. Your effectiveness is almost completely based on your mod load-out. Try out a bunch of different types of weapons. Keep and eventually catalyze the ones you still liked at rank 30.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Denzine posted:

Lanka doesn't show its crit rate in the Arsenal but it crits ingame so all that poo poo about how gun stats would be taken directly from the actual stats the game uses for mechanics? A loving lie.

Not a lie as such, just poor implementation. The UI just doesn't know WTF when it comes to charge weapons.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Thanks for the weapon suggestions, so far I think I prefer assault rifles/SMG's but it's getting a little stale so I'll give some of the other weapons mentioned a try.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Just try everything, some of the most fun I've had in this game have been using "suboptimal" weapons and still beating pubbs in missions.

Once a pubbie got mad at me for bringing a bow to a survival mission and 10 seconds after he yels at me in chat he goes down, I headshot all grineer in range and ress him. He didn't complain again.

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 21, 2013

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Ignis with blast damage seems pretty good right now. You can keep the older bosses on the floor indefinitely until you have to reload.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There's an Orokin Catalyst alert on Mercury for about 100 minutes! Everyone should get it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is it me or once you are in the Dojo, the graphics (level *and* your character) get a little better?

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid

Feenix posted:

Is it me or once you are in the Dojo, the graphics (level *and* your character) get a little better?

Probably, have you seen the new labs and room redesigns? Beautiful!

Also, my Soma kinda sucks now. Chewing through ammo but not exactly doing a lot of damage to anything anymore.

coldtaxi
Jan 1, 2009

Denzine posted:

Blessing still has a damage cap, looks like that one's NOT a bug.

Nooo, Trinity nerfed before I even got to build mine? :smith:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

coldtaxi posted:

I built mine but it's at rank 0 :shepface:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The double barreled shotgun needs to reload waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster if they want people to ever use it. I suppose its unique feature is supposed to be that it deals slashing rather than impact damage, but that is nowhere near enough. The new pistol has also done nothing to impress me so far. It is a gorgon that takes even longer to spin up to a slower firing rate and has arguably worse accuracy and the pistol ammo pool. Unless I'm missing something, both of these weapons are butt.

Maybe the whip won't suck? I mean, at least not beyond the standard melee suck.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Nov 21, 2013

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

coldtaxi posted:

They just hotfixed it, she goes full invuln again.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Is this game always so buggy after new releases?

More lag than I've ever had, damage sometimes not working at all, doors not opening, doors opening but not letting me through (still haven't fixed), not being able to click claim on a high level defense mission etc. Guess I'll try again tomorrow.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Bushmaori posted:

Is this game always so buggy after new releases?

Yes.

Also you may be playing with pubbies. That's a terrible idea.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

my Ravage mod disappeared. It's just gone. Good thing they nerfed shotgun crits apparently?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.

chumbler posted:

The double barreled shotgun needs to reload waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster if they want people to ever use it.

That'll never get fixed because they expect you to use the mods for that.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I really have no idea how this new damage works. I'm enjoying the update a lot but I don't know what to expect from anything. Nothing seems to do the amount of damage it says so I think enemies have a bunch of hidden resistances and stuff, and I can't figure out how to be able to shoot Corpus helmets anymore (even weapons with more puncture damage than any other kinds and a +puncture mod just bounce off).

Every now and then when my Carrier shoots something there's a loud TONK sound and a yellow outline appears around the enemy but unless this is the puncture weakening effect I don't know what it's supposed to be. I haven't noticed my other weapons doing special effects but I guess they all have pretty low chances.

I'm hoping that scanning an enemy to max will give some info about its resistances and weak spots so I can figure some of this out. You can scan Corpus really easily on these event missions because they don't attack you.

edit: The Ogris still blows up both enemies and myself so I'm not in much of a hurry here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Denzine posted:

High shotgun crit rates were a bug and are now fixed.

This is the dumbest thing since the Wraith crit rate was definitely not a bug.

I AM THE MOON posted:

my Ravage mod disappeared. It's just gone. Good thing they nerfed shotgun crits apparently?

Guess I won't be logging in until they hotfix the hotfix.

e; so does damage 2.0 actually make the lovely weapons viable now?

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Nov 21, 2013