Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I fought the Jackal last night. I had flashbacks to the Destiny Spider Tanks, except even less coordinated because the hit areas for the legs are relatively small and you are also jumping to dodge shockwaves. It felt like a slog even in a group. Or maybe we were idiots. Either/Or

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
it's probably because you don't have a high level Serration mod in your rifle. Work on that asap.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Yeah, Jackal's a dead guy within like 4 seconds of my group getting to him outside of sorties, usually. Level up them mods and they'll open up the game for you. Also, ask in clan chat if you're missing anything, or if there are any mods new players usually don't have that we could easily give you. There might be mods that would be extremely helpful you don't even know exist yet. And if someone's recruiting for stuff, especially hydron, ask to come along. I know I don't mind dealing with only 3 corpro if it means a newer player's coming along for the affinity and credit boost. Just make sure to say you're new. Hell, someone might just give you a corpro anyway.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
If you are new and you need resources to build something, speak up in chat. Control Modules, Orokin Cells, Plastids and Nano Spores are nearly impossible to find in the first few planets, but you can farm mountains of the stuff in later missions. Ask if anyone is farming and tag along.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

dangerdoom volvo posted:

why would someone put up a buy request for like 10 of the same part blueprints

Ducats

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I feel like I'm missing something with the mods for my secondaries- is there an analogue to Serration that I've somehow missed or does the damage come from other stuff?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Pendent posted:

I feel like I'm missing something with the mods for my secondaries- is there an analogue to Serration that I've somehow missed or does the damage come from other stuff?
Yes, it's called Hornet Strike.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

clone on the phone posted:

I really want to try Nyx. I have her and Oberon cooked and ready to claim but I'm still waiting on my first 75% discount so I can buy more slots, ugh.

Mesa is life though, and if I can't win by shooting more bullets I switch to Rhino and never die while swinging my jet powered hammer.

Such fun.

The 75% discount is REALLY rare, so I wouldn't bank on getting it any time soon if it is holding you back from having fun with new frames/weapons and progressing in Mastery rank.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Night10194 posted:

Birbframe is suddenly amazing out the in Plains, where she can finally flap free.

Nova is pretty great too. You can literally teleport across half of the map in like 30 seconds with enough energy to fuel warp gates.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So I guess I have a bunch of relics from before the relic system existed. Can I still use these to get 'vaulted' parts and BPs, or are they just automatically updated with stuff from newer loot tables?

This game has somehow become even more confusing that I remember it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Keys get converted to relics from the current set when you log in for the first time, if I remember right. Once they're added to your inventory, they don't change.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So I guess I have a bunch of relics from before the relic system existed. Can I still use these to get 'vaulted' parts and BPs, or are they just automatically updated with stuff from newer loot tables?

This game has somehow become even more confusing that I remember it.

Some of them might be really valuable (50p each or more). You should look them up before cracking them.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

You now can only gain Quill standing in increments of 100 - if you had something between that then you can no longer level it up.

loving DE I swear.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
no nerfs to my beloved lungfish

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Washout posted:

Some of them might be really valuable (50p each or more). You should look them up before cracking them.

Thanks for the tip. Looking at that warframe market website it looks like a lot of them are selling for around 10p with at least one at 50p+. Maybe I can sell some of them to get a trinity prime (and maybe a Nyx prime, though they seem a bit more pricey).

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Link to the patch notes. Doubled standing from bounties, increased Quills gain, cost adjustments, drop adjustments. They patches out Shield Disruption affecting the eidolon, as expected.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

nice, getting quills rep is now actually manageable

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Redtext just indicated they're putting together another hotfix. Whole week's probably going to look like this.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I bet it's for the people who are stuck at XX75 quills ranking and can't trade in votes. Although that could be a more low-level issue than can be quickly hotfixed.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Before I force myself to level up my AW and its weapons, should I make different set than the one from the quest? I'm guess yes, but not sure which.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Best Archwings are Amesha (unkillable) and Itzal (pull in pickups).

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
the odonata and its gun made me want to quit the game by the time I got to Uranus

it's a good place to upgrade

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Resource boosters now affect fish.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Elytron has a tactical nuke and an AoE murder cloud that lasts for like a minute. It's real good.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Before I force myself to level up my AW and its weapons, should I make different set than the one from the quest? I'm guess yes, but not sure which.

Just use melee and kill everything instantly. Melee is so op in the game you can just slap on like 2-3 mods with mr15 onto a melee and just destroy everything. Then use a focus booster and level all that poo poo asap and forget it ever existed afterwards.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

https://youtu.be/RR7Z9cJ6Rko the starter buttwing is garbage compared to this baby.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Sazabi posted:

https://youtu.be/RR7Z9cJ6Rko the starter buttwing is garbage compared to this baby.
COMBAT FORMATION DONG

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Grab Itzal and Knux from the Dojo. Build a Furax (warframe melee weapon), use it to make Knux. Your starter primary weapon (Imperator) is plenty good for a good long while and most of the other guns are parts-gated from rewards or can be bought from syndicates after forever.

If you want to get more mods, play the Archwing interception missions and use Itzal's suck-up ability.

Edit: Oh and get the Grattler and Velocitus out of the lab. Grattler is like a short-range grenade rifle, Velocitus is a bad sniper rifle weird thing. Forgot that those were in the dojo too.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 17, 2017

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

e: beat me to it, thanks guys.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I liked the plains so much I made an Ostron colour scheme for my Ivara:

Also Ivara is fantastic on the plains.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

From doing some higher level bounties, I highly recommend bringing some form of WMD to the plains like Penta or Lenz. Enemies not lining up in corridors means that AOE weapons are really the best way of dealing with crowds, and it easily made the difference between success and failure on some of the more hectic mission types (vault, liberation).

Yup. Also mining, and Cetus Wisps. Plus the stuff you'd expect (iradite, wings, etc).

Does NOT affect intact sentient cores. Does anybody know if resource drop chance boosters do?

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Kokoro Wish posted:

I liked the plains so much I made an Ostron colour scheme for my Ivara:

That's really neat! Do you mind sharing which colours you used to do so?

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I'm giving this a spin again. If there's any slots left I just put in an application for the Goon clan. I'm WarTuba in game.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tulip posted:

From doing some higher level bounties, I highly recommend bringing some form of WMD to the plains like Penta or Lenz. Enemies not lining up in corridors means that AOE weapons are really the best way of dealing with crowds, and it easily made the difference between success and failure on some of the more hectic mission types (vault, liberation).

Yup. Also mining, and Cetus Wisps. Plus the stuff you'd expect (iradite, wings, etc).

Does NOT affect intact sentient cores. Does anybody know if resource drop chance boosters do?

The new Astilla shotgun's not bad, either. Does a good bit of splash, but nothing like a proper explosive. I'll have to get my Penta out of retirement or learn how to not such with the Lenz, though.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

After doing the intro quest chain with Vor, what should I be doing next? Can I just dive right into the new area or should I be going and doing other stuff first, like unlocking Venus, etc.?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

madcow posted:

After doing the intro quest chain with Vor, what should I be doing next? Can I just dive right into the new area or should I be going and doing other stuff first, like unlocking Venus, etc.?

The Plains will outpace your damage pretty quickly if you stick around for too long. Play around in there, but getting through the star chart and building up your mastery rank are really important. Mine and fish as you get the itch, but most of the game's cool stuff needs you to go elsewhere.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
Completed 20 perfect Pavlov runs tonight and no blueprint. The ivara grind is real.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
:same: but with Laomedeia on Neptune. Got two neuroptics BPs and no proper BPs so far :negative: On the upside, I'm drowning in Spy mods and Neo relics.

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Tulip posted:

I think the drop chance boosters do, because I had one as a login reward and after an eidolon hunt we came out with 70 intact cores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Captainicus posted:

That's really neat! Do you mind sharing which colours you used to do so?

You can find all those colours on the Classic and Classic Saturated packs. Only ones that aren't are the energy colour, which is on Orokin.