Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Yapping Eevee posted:

Here's a fun project for you: Scan all the Cephalon fragments, then go wave your mouse over the artwork they unlock, in order. (Or if you really can't be bothered, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdPBj-SSBn8)

The information you get from this also gets referenced in Octavia's quest.

This isn't the first time I've seen this but goddamn it gets me every time. How can they make such a heartwrenching story in a game like this? Oh Ordis, I'm so sorry I ever thought you were annoying :(

For all the bugs and flaws and strange design decisions there's some really wonderful depth to this world they built.

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Oct 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

clone on the phone posted:

Speaking of Ordis, does he ever get that split personality thing fixed? He turned down the job offer from Simaris where he offered to fix his glitch. Wonder if it comes up again?

I wouldn't trust Simaris to tinker with my personality, personally. It wouldn't surprise me if it comes out he's the person who created the process in the first place.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Echophonic posted:

I wouldn't trust Simaris to tinker with my personality, personally. It wouldn't surprise me if it comes out he's the person who created the process in the first place.

It would be totally Orokin if Simaris is the first Cephalon, made a Cephalon for the crime of inventing how to make someone a Cephalon.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Night10194 posted:

It would be totally Orokin if Simaris is the first Cephalon, made a Cephalon for the crime of inventing how to make someone a Cephalon.

Until proven otherwise, I am going to assume this is true.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Came back to the game after the pricing error on Steam, and holy poo poo is Nidus fun. I don't think I've enjoyed a frame this much since Rhino.

Although Nidus would be more fun if pubbies would stop stealing my stacks with lovely laser usage on Orokin Defense :negative:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Booted up this game after not having played for a year. Still trying to remember all the tricks but I did a CLEM CLEM mission and my Ember prime with synoid simulor still kicks rear end.

Please let me back in clan I filled out the form. Also what's cool to do now? Other that collect free twitch poo poo (didn't have Frost Prime yet. Woo!)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I've been stuck at MR8 for about a week because the test for 9 is awful, please let me spend plat to get around these dumb tests (or get rid of them altogether)

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Is Ordis voiced by the same person who voiced the Femputer in Futurama?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj71eSvi8gk&t=21s

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Wasn't the femputer voiced by the Golden Girls lady

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Goddamn the Attica's 5 Riven disposition, plus it being buffed to the point of being not-poo poo, rules.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Berke Negri posted:

I've been stuck at MR8 for about a week because the test for 9 is awful, please let me spend plat to get around these dumb tests (or get rid of them altogether)

You can practice MR tests at Cephalon Simaris.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

You can practice MR tests at Cephalon Simaris.*

*After grinding out more Simaris rep.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

So I love finding Strong Disposition Rivens for decent guns that can make them amazing, I'd love a list to target though.

I'll start:

Amprex
Prisma Dual Cleavers
Prisma Skana
Caustacyst
Gorgon
Pandero
Sobek
Boar Prime
Vaykor Marelok
Tonbo

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

turn off the TV posted:

You can practice MR tests at Cephalon Simaris.

I know, that's what I've been doing, it's just I hate stealth mechanics. I even have a glaive but enemy detection is pretty wonky

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

So I've started messing around with the Plains stuff and holy moly there's a lot of grinding here. What's the best way to farm up the Cetus cap every day?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Wilekat posted:

So I've started messing around with the Plains stuff and holy moly there's a lot of grinding here. What's the best way to farm up the Cetus cap every day?

Special bait fishing (murkrays, norgs, etc.) might be fastest, but least difficult would be to do the top level bounty and stick around for Incursions (should be like 800 a pop for like 3 minutes of work).

That said, Plains grinding is like a whole nother goddamn level of grind on top of everything else in the game put together. It's nuts.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I might be taking a long break from WF after seeing the PoE grind awaiting me

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
^^ Oh come now, just don't grind it. Go fishing! Relax!

I tried googling to no avail, maybe you guys will better explain. How do I consistently force the LOR hijack doors using Loki or Nova? I aim my wormhole into the crack of the door, seems to work maybe 40% of the time. Don't quite get what's off.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Berke Negri posted:

I know, that's what I've been doing, it's just I hate stealth mechanics. I even have a glaive but enemy detection is pretty wonky

I actually found MR9 easiest to cheese with Banshee and Redeemer. Just stay way back and snipe them. On the third leg of the test where you get a patrol of 3, Redeemer can oneshot all 3 when theyr'e clumped up together, and that helped a lot.

Still a little fucky because you have to worry about corpse detection and poo poo, but Banshee's passive made it pretty easy.

Glaives for some reason seem to make a ton of noise if they miss, or when they return, and kept getting me detected.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I ended up doing MR9 with a whip with buffed up range, the slide attack is fantastic for it.

A tip I got from the watching someone in YT: In the third section you start on a ledge, drop down and immediately jump back up, then back up a few steps and crouch; this way the 3 enemies coming down main won't see you and you can jump down as soon as they turn after reaching the end and murder them all.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Yapping Eevee posted:

Here's a fun project for you: Scan all the Cephalon fragments, then go wave your mouse over the artwork they unlock, in order. (Or if you really can't be bothered, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdPBj-SSBn8)

This is probably one of my favourite bits of video game writing. Personally I was never as annoyed by Ordis as some others, and even then this was just super :smith:

And it was good to read other people's reactions here and there, and my friends' reaction when they too uncovered it all.

I remember when Destiny 2 came out and people were saying that they loved the Ghost and Fail-Safe and how their voice acting and writing were so good. I'd always just think back to this and go "Nah, dawg. That ain't poo poo."

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I might be taking a long break from WF after seeing the PoE grind awaiting me

i mean, all the stuff is pretty self-contained and optional in the grand scheme of things. it only sucks if you try to poopsock it, and lmao at anyone attempting that in this game of all things

kick back and spear some fish

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Johnny Joestar posted:

i mean, all the stuff is pretty self-contained and optional in the grand scheme of things. it only sucks if you try to poopsock it, and lmao at anyone attempting that in this game of all things

kick back and spear some fish

You know what? I'm going to do exactly that. Well, probably Zarr a bunch of Grineer too but that will be my main focus.

I'm a huge fisherman IRL when weather permits so it should be fun.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

cage-free egghead posted:

Is Ordis voiced by the same person who voiced the Femputer in Futurama?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj71eSvi8gk&t=21s

I think all the VAs except one or two are DE personnel so probably not

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Berke Negri posted:

I used a Zephyr with rush and armored agility, and a whip with reach. The slide attack will hit enemies through walls, and the slam attack will knock down groups without alerting them (make sure you kill them before they get back up). Death from above.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
drat I love this stream thing. I'm up to 60-some Nitain already. Thanks, Peewi!

Peewi posted:

For all you goons idling streams, I made a thing that automatically opens the top X Warframe streams. It'll automatically replace dead streams, though it might take a little while.

It'll probably lag for a little bit if you're embedding a whole bunch of new streams at the same time.

Make sure you reduce the video quality on the streams and that you're logged in to twitch and your accounts are linked.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Anybody else having trouble with the prime weapon dropping from stream farming? I've gotten over 700 drops and I haven't seen one.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Yapping Eevee posted:

Cheers for this!

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

LordAbaddon posted:

Anybody else having trouble with the prime weapon dropping from stream farming? I've gotten over 700 drops and I haven't seen one.
In a sample size of 13,000 it had a 0.11% drop chance--it's really rare.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Elysiume posted:

In a sample size of 13,000 it had a 0.11% drop chance--it's really rare.

Interesting, I think im underestimating drop chances in this game period coming from stuff like Destiny and Diablo. Oh well more excuses to keep 45 streams open overnight

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Raptor1033 posted:

^^ Oh come now, just don't grind it. Go fishing! Relax!

I used to be a hardcore mythic raider in wow, one of the top guilds on the server (#1 Death Knight on the server baby!) etc etc and I'm so burned out on grinding all the things as fast as possible. I have been having SO MUCH FUN just playing the game and not worrying about the reputation stuff. I mean, I'm still doing them but I'm not making sure I get cap every day and if some days I don't feel like doing them, then I don't.

Cool thing about WF is there is a shitload of content there and it's all very different.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ordis is voiced by one of the weapon artists. Man I've been trying to find fish with the nice luminous dye and no joy so far, do I need to have bait too or not?
I did have fun scampering around and murdering sentient drones with my anime and her beam, but that Eidolon thing is pretty spooky so I didn't go anywhere near it. Not as big as I was fearing.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

From what I can tell this game's about having many attainable things to grind as opposed to having chase items. I don't tend to have the patience for chase items, but I get the feeling the many grind approach will get tiresome. (especially when new weapon x sucks until leveled or just plain sucks). I already notice it suckering me into playing longer then I want. (I don't like knowing that I'm being manipulated) If I finish this quest chain I can do the junction which might give me enough to do my mastery 6, so I can start on a weapon I have a blueprint for. Spoiler I didn't get enough experience for the mastery.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Oct 23, 2017

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

There's always tomorrow! I have trouble putting down Good Games as well. I've had to train myself out of the 'just one more thing' mindset.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

clone on the phone posted:

There's always tomorrow! I have trouble putting down Good Games as well. I've had to train myself out of the 'just one more thing' mindset.

It's not that it's so good that I don't want to stop, that wouldn't be an issue. (well it might be) The problem is it's doing the whole mmorpg trick of dangling the possibility of more fun if I continued to play these lovely Uranus melee only missions. Well I do want to see if that Penta (I think) is any good. Games can't just be fun anymore people wouldn't play them enough!

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

I ended up doing MR9 with a whip with buffed up range, the slide attack is fantastic for it.

A tip I got from the watching someone in YT: In the third section you start on a ledge, drop down and immediately jump back up, then back up a few steps and crouch; this way the 3 enemies coming down main won't see you and you can jump down as soon as they turn after reaching the end and murder them all.

If it's the test I'm thinking of, on the third section I just bullet jumped on top of the pillars where I camped and picked them off one by one like loving Batman.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Oh geez I didn't even think about silenced weapons and stealth animationed them all. Took a few tries, sometimes these fucks look up!

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Duck and Cover posted:

It's not that it's so good that I don't want to stop, that wouldn't be an issue. (well it might be) The problem is it's doing the whole mmorpg trick of dangling the possibility of more fun if I continued to play these lovely Uranus melee only missions. Well I do want to see if that Penta (I think) is any good. Games can't just be fun anymore people wouldn't play them enough!

For the melee only missions, take your best melee weapon, put it on Excalibur, use exalted blade and then kill the Uranus's Boss (Tyl Regor) 5 times. It's fast, there will always be other people to team up with, and you need to kill him hundreds of times for Equinox parts anyways.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Avulsion posted:

For the melee only missions, take your best melee weapon, put it on Excalibur, use exalted blade and then kill the Uranus's Boss (Tyl Regor) 5 times. It's fast, there will always be other people to team up with, and you need to kill him hundreds of times for Equinox parts anyways.

Uh yeah Excalibur's exalted blade has been carrying me for awhile and I did indeed use it and my prisma cleavers for the missions.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

DelphiAegis posted:

*After grinding out more Simaris rep.
... No? You can just walk up the path on the right side to the relevant test and do it. I still don't own a simulation key.