Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Elysiume posted:

Those're gone already? Time flies, I forgot to do Jordas. Whoops.

I thought you still had until the 28th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

SwissArmyDruid posted:

It's loving beautiful.

Also, usable on Bow-only sorties! =D

(And this is why I have trouble justifying doing anything with Baza.)

If Attica Prime comes out that Riven is going to be devastating. :stare:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Khaba posted:

I feel stupid for asking this, since I've asked in game, but I still don't quite get Oberon. Like, I understand that Hunter Adrenaline and Phoenix Renewal work well together and that's cool for your team and sentinels, but what else should you prioritise stat wise? What about actually playing him, do you just use 2 when you'll be somewhere for a little, and 4 for CC, or are there more tricks to him?

I've been using Oberon a lot lately so I'm going to jump in even though this has been adequately answered already.

Oberon's got two decent strategies and you can build for one or the other or for both. First up, his 3, with the Phoenix Renewal mod becomes a get-out-of-jail free card for the whole party. It's important to try to hit the efficiency cap so you can maintain renewal on everyone at minimal cost. This is usually something like -20% duration, 80% efficiency, I forget the exact numbers.

The other thing he's got going is an absolutely devastating 2/4 combo. 2 will blanket a wide area with a radiation dot that also prevents status effects on teamates, and 4 will do thousands of impact and radiation damage to everyone caught in it and also strip all of the armor off of enemies standing in the 2 at the same time. Pair it with a condition overload weapon like Silva & Aegis for cleanup and Oberon can clear rooms of level 100 sortie enemies like they were cheap toilet paper.

Oberon build that I use:
https://goo.gl/tKAxY2
Hunter Adrenaline, QT, Flow, Phoenix Renewal mean you basically cannot die unless you are trying to face tank level 150 bombards or something. Max efficiency means you can leave renewal up on the whole team all mission and never worry about it. Cheap 2/4's allow you to strip armor, kill fodder, and apply status effects.

You can change that up by dropping efficiency for more strength, if you find yourself always full on energy and never dying in sorties.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Harrow posted:

Thanks for being so patient with my dumb questions. People so far have been really good at explaining things to me as a new player which helps a lot with the initial complexity.

That's what we're here for. Warframe is incredibly opaque when it comes to communicating important information to players, so just ask away if you're not sure how something works, we've all been there.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Edmond Dantes posted:

That's what we're here for. Warframe is incredibly opaque when it comes to communicating important information to players, so just ask away if you're not sure how something works, we've all been there.

As a relatively new player, the goon community is what kept me going when I felt totally overwhelmed. I almost put the game down shortly after picking it up just thinking it wasn't my thing. I'm glad I didn't though!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oberon is one of the frames that appeals to me most--the skin with the butterfly motifs is extremely cool--so all this talk of building him has me extremely hyped to get home and play so I can get far enough to start crafting more frames to play with.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

ElegantFugue posted:

Any advice on the bigger eidolons in general? We tried going after the gantulyst a while back and between the movement speed and the crazy yellow Orbital Strike Array and Snow Globe + Radial Nuke Entire Plains Every Five Seconds attacks, we couldn't keep up with damage while keeping the lures alive.
I was using Volt at the time for his shield, but the Gantulyst moves so fast the shields were basically useless. I've been tweaking a Trinity to bring along instead, would it be better to have max duration for the Blessing defense buff or max efficiency to spam cheap healing?

Quick eidolon trio guide, by no means definitive:

The ideal group would be Trinity + Volt + Oberon/Harrow + DPS

Trin keeps the lures alive and manages the vomvalysts (they're the primary threat to the lures), prioritizing duration/strength (~150 for max DR)/efficiency for a strong bless. Having Rage or Hunter Adrenaline for energy regeneration is a big help (EV lacks reliable targets for the most part)

Volt drops shields all over the place, it can be a pain to position them well for the dolons, but it is the primary (only?) frame power that actually boosts operator damage, so it's a huge help. Ideally you'll have 3-5 shields up per phase so that people have options to avoid various damage effects.

Oberon drops his garden at the end of each joint phase to ward off the magnetic procs, Harrow plays the same role with Covenant (personally I struggle with the Covenant timing, so prefer oberon because it's dead simple, but there are some pro harrows out there)

Last slot is generally DPS, your chroma or what have you to one shot the joints once the shields are down.

As for the fight itself the sequence stays the same as the teralyst, with a couple special attacks. Gant has the yellow orbital lasers which are a bitch if they catch you off guard, and can fry a lure in no time at all...but if you steer clear you should be fine. Hydro has the massive poison ground AOE that slowly ticks away as long as you stand on it, so at least you have an opportunity to escape, same deal with his green bubbles that pop up all over the place. That said all the damage can still be avoided by staying in void mode as the operator.

Finally regarding shield DPS, in addition to Volt you really really want to unlock Void Strike in the Madurai tree (it turns all that time spent in operator mode into bonus damage on your next 8 attacks) as well as an amp built for crit (so use the lohrin brace), and then start using all that quill rep to build up a Virtuos Strike (more amp crit damage) once you've settled on an amp.

edit: I don't think any of the goons care if you're new when you join a dolon group, so if you see someone putting out the call just join up and see how it works.

M2tt fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 21, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You folks weren't kidding about how good Oberon is now.

Since I like to play defense missions more than anything, he's taken over my #1 slot and Vauban is taking a backseat.
I didn't realize that his 1 shoots out homing sprites until I turned my energy into hot pink.

Also, I will finally have to admit that I like him more than Nyx; my most played frame even though I only use Chaos.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Lightning Knight posted:

If Attica Prime comes out that Riven is going to be devastating. :stare:

The best part of it is that it makes the slash procs monstrously large compared to a Soma Prime or Baza. =3

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Finding neurodes is driving me nuts. Anyone have any suggestions on where they drop the most frequently?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

SwissArmyDruid posted:

The best part of it is that it makes the slash procs monstrously large compared to a Soma Prime or Baza. =3

This Riven is a war crime. The Grineer should sue you.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Levantine posted:

As a relatively new player, the goon community is what kept me going when I felt totally overwhelmed. I almost put the game down shortly after picking it up just thinking it wasn't my thing. I'm glad I didn't though!

100%. When I started playing I used to feel guilty about goons throwing a bunch of mods and goodies at me and slightly worried it would lead me to just steamrolling the early/mid game (that's where my "Let's go to Fuckville" came from), but as I kept playing I realised two things: Most of the stuff I got didn't so much let me steamroll stuff as it streamlined the experience and let me avoid a lot of dumb grinding, and I got enough extra copies of said stuff by continuing playing the game that I can now do the same for new players without it even making a dent in my inventory.

Inzombiac posted:

You folks weren't kidding about how good Oberon is now.
I was kinda 'meh' about Oberon until someone in Discord posted a build for Renewal which had something like... 40% range and when I asked if I didn't need the range to, you know, heal people, someone pointed out Renewal doesn't have a range limit once it's active. Goatman quickly went from 'meh' to 'holy poo poo that's broken'.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

fappenmeister posted:

Finding neurodes is driving me nuts. Anyone have any suggestions on where they drop the most frequently?

Ilia on Earth usually gets you one within the first 5 waves. Not a great rate but there is no good method to getting them quick.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if you're a newer player then you should absolutely always ask questions in this thread or in the clan chat because more than likely you'll get multiple answers helping you out

on an unrelated note i think the beam weapon change has gone through

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Beam weapon hotfix came through: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/924885-shrine-of-the-eidolon-hotfix-22133/

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011
Thanks to everyone who chipped in on the Oberon discussion, I'm very much looking forward to digging into it a lot more with the advice.

With regards to the Goon community and helping and whatnot, I recently started playing and was, like many, reluctant to accept a ton of help/mods and stuff like that. Thing is, Warframe does a really good job of putting you in a position to start paying it forward as you get duplicate copies of mods and stuff like that. I started playing in December, I think, and I'm feeling like I'm at the point where I can start handing down mods. Basic point is, accept help and soon you'll be the one helping rather than needing helped.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Harrow posted:

Damaged mods definitely confused me. I'm assuming they're there so the player can have some useful early mods but still feel the push to search for the "real" versions of those mods once you're out of the tutorial? I dunno.

i don't really see why these common and uncommon mods you need to absolutely need to play the game at all are so precious that they only give you worthless inferior versions in the tutorial. it doesn't help that they don't explain that damaged mods are worthless inferior versions, either. if de wants to keep the mod system including the mandatory mods, sure, whatever. it's not perfect but the system works, and getting rid of it would mean endless bitching and moaning. however, there's absolutely no excuse for what a terrible idea damaged mods are.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Edmond Dantes posted:

I was kinda 'meh' about Oberon until someone in Discord posted a build for Renewal which had something like... 40% range and when I asked if I didn't need the range to, you know, heal people, someone pointed out Renewal doesn't have a range limit once it's active. Goatman quickly went from 'meh' to 'holy poo poo that's broken'.

Renewal has a weird and dumb mechanic. When you first cast it, it drops a field with radius X (governed by range). Anything stepping in this field will gain the renewal buff effective forever or until Oberon cancels the power drain from his end. But the field itself is static, as far as I can tell. So when you cast Renewal you put down a magic-circle-of-free-healing somewhere, but only you know where, and you have to either catch the whole team in it initially or hope they wander into it later.

It's the only part of Oberon I don't like right now.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Hotfix notes posted:

Adarza Kavat’s Cat’s Eye Critical Chance Buff no longer apply to Operators.

And so the reign of Smeeta begins again. :unsmigghh:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Rainuwastaken posted:

And so the reign of Smeeta begins again. :unsmigghh:

quote:

Smeeta Kavat’s Charm Critical Chance and Energy recharge Buffs no longer apply to Operators.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Speaking of Chroma DPS, how does one build and play that fella now that he’s gotten some changes recently? I’ve got him coming up in a couple of days and really like the look of him. What makes him such a DPS powerhouse?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Ugh, I had to sell my Oberon to make room for my Nekros Prime (i'm out of platinum). Luckily I have the parts to make him again but I'll probably just shoot for the Prime version.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah, just hunt for Oberon P. He's cool but it's a waste to rebuild the regular if you don't have the prime imo

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

:unsmigghh:

dose red crits

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

Smeeta Kavat’s Charm Critical Chance and Energy recharge Buffs no longer apply to Operators.

Pfft, who cares about Eidolons. Doubling my kuva intake is all that matters to me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just did a bit of weapons testing with ElegantFugue. The Convectrix still seems pretty bad, the GLaxion seems pretty decent, the Synapse actually seems like it can do some work.

My review of the Amprex, though?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

My glaxion riven does minus status chance :v:

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Speaking of Chroma DPS, how does one build and play that fella now that he’s gotten some changes recently? I’ve got him coming up in a couple of days and really like the look of him. What makes him such a DPS powerhouse?

His 3 gives you (and anyone else within range) an armor multiplier that increases as you take shield damage and a damage multiplier that increases as you take health damage. They also recently changed it so you can cast it while it's active to reset the timer and keep the buffs rolling forever, as long as you have the energy.

So you set your energy color to Ice, build efficiency, duration and power strength, tank range because Chroma is the selfish frame, keep 2 and 3 up all the time, charge headlong into enemies and get hurt and become a nigh invincible god with absurd levels of armor that does ~6x damage. He really needs rage or hunter adrenaline and some strong self healing like medi-ray and a syndicate weapon with a health proc since you want to take lots of damage and never run out of energy.

edit: Here's how I do it, I'm not the best but it works for me. By all means if someone has suggestions I'm open to criticism.

I definitely should forma him one more time and max some of those mods out though.

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 22, 2018

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Now that I've had the time to mess around with the new Atomos, I've been able to prepare an in depth video review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I started playing this game, oops. Applied for the goon guild, already very appreciative of how patient people are with answering questions in this thread. Just by reading through the last few pages I've learned more than what the game was actually willing to tell me. I keep reading they revamped the tutorial for this game a few times, but if that's the case then they might wanna go back to the drawing board ... I understand not exactly having room to explain a truckload of stuff right out of the gate, but I still felt woefully underprepared and underequipped for most things a few hours in. More tooltips or somesuch would also be nice.

Either way, thank you lot for being so helpful. I'll be sure to ask my dumb questions in here too when the need arises.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Mimesweeper posted:

His 3 gives you (and anyone else within range) an armor multiplier that increases as you take shield damage and a damage multiplier that increases as you take health damage. They also recently changed it so you can cast it while it's active to reset the timer and keep the buffs rolling forever, as long as you have the energy.

So you set your energy color to Ice, build efficiency, duration and power strength, tank range because Chroma is the selfish frame, keep 2 and 3 up all the time, charge headlong into enemies and get hurt and become a nigh invincible god with absurd levels of armor that does ~6x damage. He really needs rage or hunter adrenaline and some strong self healing like medi-ray and a syndicate weapon with a health proc since you want to take lots of damage and never run out of energy.

edit: Here's how I do it, I'm not the best but it works for me. By all means if someone has suggestions I'm open to criticism.

I definitely should forma him one more time and max some of those mods out though.

Ah, I’m lacking self-healing doo-dads currently, so I may leave him on the backburner while I level some different frames

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

DoombatINC posted:

The rework spaced things out a little more evenly, but it's still not as much of a direct correlation to power as it is in more traditional RPGs.

The Boltor Prime is still very good (and now it's a crit gun! :keke: ) but now it's a more appropriate distance away from a newbie's grubby mitts.

Maybe....as of 2/21, I'm seeing a 12% crit chance, not 20%

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

gaj70 posted:

Maybe....as of 2/21, I'm seeing a 12% crit chance, not 20%

boltor prime is a status gun, telos boltor is crit. status is still a huge step up from straight damage.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
last night i found out that they changed where you get excalibur bps from, have there been any other changes to drop locations since roughly november last year? (last time i played)

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

boltor prime is a status gun, telos boltor is crit. status is still a huge step up from straight damage.

Weirdly, I'm getting 32% status and 12% crit with no mods.

The webpage seems to say it should be:

Boltor Prime

Mastery Rank increased from 2 to 14

Status chance increased from 10% to 24%

Critical chance increased from 5% to 20%

Damage decreased from 55 to 44

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

gaj70 posted:

Weirdly, I'm getting 32% status and 12% crit with no mods.

The webpage seems to say it should be:

Boltor Prime

Mastery Rank increased from 2 to 14

Status chance increased from 10% to 24%

Critical chance increased from 5% to 20%

Damage decreased from 55 to 44

that's from the details they released originally, but then they changed it for the actual release

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that's from the details they released originally, but then they changed it for the actual release

Ahh, ok. Thanks

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
How can I make my Akbolto primes the critguns they deserve to be? Anything beyond stacking up crit, multishot, and an element or two of my choice?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Nerdlord tests every beam weapon vs its old version: https://youtu.be/Xlqa5cRPbas

Good stuff DE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

Nerdlord tests every beam weapon vs its old version: https://youtu.be/Xlqa5cRPbas

Good stuff DE

What the hell

They made the spectra good. They made the embolist good.

They made the cycron good

What is this madness