Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Shere posted:

I advocate buying Harrow no matter how much he costs because Defection and Kuva Spy missions are soul-sucking nonsense.

Counterpoint: Kuva Spy is cool and Harrow's quest is..an experience.

I can't defend Defection though. Maybe if you happened to luck into getting Maniacs for your Inaros urn quest, and can farm up Harrow/Inaros/Ash at the same time. At that point the incredible efficiency sorta makes up for how bad Defection is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Also, I wasn't aware that Glaives could do the suspending thing.

The orvius (from the war within quest) will suspend targets in the air if you do a charged throw aimed above their head, and it comes with forced procs. Glaive prime is slightly more powerful, but can't suspend and gets forced slash procs on throws. Kestrel has forced impact procs and Halikar causes disarm. Halikar and Orvius have some homing properties, too.

I'd recommend the Orvius if you are looking for your own glaive, the homing and suspend capability is nice and it is only slightly less powerful than glaive prime, and is easier to get.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Having used the Halikar and the Glaive (standard, not prime) I am very satisfied with the Orvius. It also completely and thoroughly fucks Juggernaut, which would make it a keeper even if it wasn't generally really solid anyways.

Rorac fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Feb 25, 2018

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

The trick is nukor can go triple element and have almost 100% status
The orvius when perfect thrown can disable enemies and apllies condition overload on both initial hit and applies to the dots afterwards
also apperently works on juggernauts and bursas and other rear end in a top hat enemies

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Terbulus posted:

The trick is nukor can go triple element and have almost 100% status
The orvius when perfect thrown can disable enemies and apllies condition overload on both initial hit and applies to the dots afterwards
also apperently works on juggernauts and bursas and other rear end in a top hat enemies

Indeed, so it's a total of 6 total elements (3 from nukor, 2+cold from orvius) and whatever IPS procs are on the target from the orvius.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Helter Skelter posted:

I made some changes to the OP yesterday. I still recommend most people start with Excal just because Excal is a very good frame to start out with.

I learned that Excalibur is the secret to the really annoying junction bosses too. I could NOT kill Ember last night with any of my frames. I was getting really frustrated so I gave Excal a shot again. Bullet Jump, Radial Blind and Exalted Blade from behind completely trivialized it.

No matter how many frames I pick up, Excalibur feels like Old Faithful.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Levantine posted:

I learned that Excalibur is the secret to the really annoying junction bosses too. I could NOT kill Ember last night with any of my frames. I was getting really frustrated so I gave Excal a shot again. Bullet Jump, Radial Blind and Exalted Blade from behind completely trivialized it.

When I was making my way through the start chart, I always found that using Rhino and then applying Hek liberally to the face area worked just fine.

It's really about what works for you, and certainly that method you have works well, plus it doesn't require MR 4, so go for it!

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Levantine posted:

Excalibur was my starter frame and he's still my most played. He's got a good package of offense and defense talents, doesn't need a crazy setup to work, and works well for most types of content. Exalted blade can let you punch above your weight but its still fun to use compared to something like Rhino where you just ignore damage or Ember where you just turn on fire and forget about it. And when you get crazy mods and gear you can get chromatic blade and turn him into a pretty absurd blender. Since I don't think its mentioned in game at all exalted blade has two non-obvious strengths. First it will scale with the mods in your melee weapon which can give a nice bump in damage when you don't have lots of potatoes, forma, and fully upgraded mods to throw at everything. And second while you are channeling excal will auto parry frontal attacks and even does a 60% parry if you are in an attack animation. Combined with blind that makes him a lot more survivable than he looks on paper.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Stopped by the clan dojo yesterday and was promptly showered in mods and helpful advice by three different goons. Thanks a million, the generosity and readily avaible help really warms my multiplayer-burnt heart. :3: I hope I can pay things forward sometime.

I'm slowly trucking away at unlocking more planets and getting quests done. Finished the Archwing quest a brief while ago today.

Sooo ... How important is the Archwing? I was kinda exasperated when I saw that it's another set of things with another set of upgrades and weapons and whatnot. How important is it that I get a better Archwing with better weapons, and if it is important, where/how do I do that best? It's nice that this game even has space battles, but it means I get another set of things dropped on me without knowing how often I'll need it, how to do it right, and all that jazz.

The game is also absolutely drowning me in Harrow Chassis blueprints. I definitely do not need 20 of them anytime soon. Can blueprints be converted to other stuff or sold? I know Baro takes the prime stuff (I managed to give him just enough yesterday for the Inaros quest, whoop) but no clue on the normal stuff.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Ritznit posted:

Sooo ... How important is the Archwing? I was kinda exasperated when I saw that it's another set of things with another set of upgrades and weapons and whatnot. How important is it that I get a better Archwing with better weapons, and if it is important, where/how do I do that best? It's nice that this game even has space battles, but it means I get another set of things dropped on me without knowing how often I'll need it, how to do it right, and all that jazz.

Archwing is the reigning king of half-baked ideas and is largely irrelevant. Its only purpose is for mastery ranks and getting around the plains faster. You can safely ignore this content.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

You're going to have to use archwing, it's mandatory for various quests and parts of certain planets. That said, I sometimes forget that it even exists for months on end and have not installed any forma or potatoes in any archwing gear.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Levantine posted:

Inaros is the best junction boss frame. Enter room, press square (or 3 I guess?). Hold it down. Congrats, you've done it!

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Pick Frost, freeze with 1, hack apart an ice statue, freeze again as needed.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

2) they've recently gone through and rebalanced pretty much every gun in the game, so everything is usable. make guns you think look neat, sink potatoes and forma into them if you like how they feel. as for frames, no one really cares unless you are playing limbo (don't play limbo).
3) do the gara quest (and war within if you haven't already), run with goons. maybe find a video tutorial if the blinding neon vomit covering the screen is too confusing.

Thank you for the response friend. Last time I played there were clear weapon winners so that's very very interesting to hear. All the quests in my inbox will be my first priority I think.

Every time I quit playing I come back to like 5 new frames and at least one new game mode and boy I was not disappointed!!! Why is there spearfishing!?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

2) they've recently gone through and rebalanced pretty much every gun in the game, so everything is usable.

They nerfed most beams back down to uselessness.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Clocks posted:

Every time I quit playing I come back to like 5 new frames and at least one new game mode and boy I was not disappointed!!! Why is there spearfishing!?

Warframe fishing is the best loving fishing in any game I've ever played. It's funny how they can completely screw up some things and knock others out of the park.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Ritznit posted:

The game is also absolutely drowning me in Harrow Chassis blueprints. I definitely do not need 20 of them anytime soon. Can blueprints be converted to other stuff or sold? I know Baro takes the prime stuff (I managed to give him just enough yesterday for the Inaros quest, whoop) but no clue on the normal stuff.

Archwing is pretty unimportant and you can get away with ignoring it for a while if you don't enjoy it. If you run into a roadblock with AW begging in clan chat is an acceptable way to get past it. Quoting myself from a bit back about AW if you decide you actually like it.

LtSmash posted:

You can buy AW parts from the dojo and aw weapons from either the dojo or syndicates. All of the AW are worth building, not least because they give mastery. Itzal is the best AW because it has a vacuum ability and trying to pick up loot in AW is total rear end. Stealth and blink are useful too. Amesha is super durable/healer. Elytron does lots of explosion. Odonata isn't bad but don't potato or forma it since there is Odonata prime.

For weapons the Imperetor is fully serviceable but has the direct upgrade of Imperator Vandal from fomorians (the drop rate is bad just fyi). Of note its a hitscan weapon despite the fact that it looks like it has slow moving drifty projectiles. Grattler is a flak cannon that takes a ton of oxium to build. It suffers at range because its shots are pretty slow. The Fluctus shoots big ol' waves of energy that piece targets including those enemy frontal shields, but it also isn't so hot at range. The Velocitus is a charged sniper rifle that does a tremendous amount of damage. Notably it should be hit scan but its not so unless you are much better than I am you are going to miss most enemies at range. However it is exceptional at doing a ton of damage to anything you can hit. Its great for killing the handful of boss AW enemies like the JV golem or fomorian core. Dual Decurion and Corvas are both pretty terrible, the rest of the guns are good enough that if you like their feel you can make them work.

For melee I have no idea. Goons often recommend the centaur, or the Knux are a pair of hulk hands so who cares if they have good stats?

Another very important drop from the dojo is a basic set of mods. For god knows why DE decided to make AW use a whole separate set mods that of course only drop from AW content. Remember how much of a pain it was trying to kill vor with an unranked damaged serration? DE loved that feel so much they brought it back. And because AW is pretty unpopular and picking up loot in AW missions is even worse than regular missions it can take a while to get even the bare bones mods. Ask in clan and hopefully someone will be able to hook you up with a few spares.

You can sell harrow chassis BPs and all other non-prime ones that are random drops once you have the item. Baro only takes prime parts and BPs but selling off harrow/oberon/gorgon/kavat segment BPs gives you a nice bit of credits. You sell them from the equipment > inventory screen like when you want to vendor a weapon.

Mimesweeper posted:

Warframe fishing is the best loving fishing in any game I've ever played. It's funny how they can completely screw up some things and knock others out of the park.

This is very true. I wish mining was as good as fishing since I need so many gems.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

LtSmash posted:

This is very true. I wish mining was as good as fishing since I need so many gems.

Yeah, mining really should be beating the poo poo out of rocks with a new class of pickaxe weapons complete with stances and existing melee damage mods.

Just carve a goddamn hole through a mountainside with your own two hands like that one dude in that story and hope you hit plenty of gems along the way, maybe eventually you can buy a gem scanner with rep. Destructible terrain is probably outside the capabilities of their engine though :sigh:.

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Feb 25, 2018

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Clocks posted:

3) Eidolon ????????

Finish the war within so you get full-on anime mode, sign up whenever me or some other people are running newbie eidolon, I generally do a full rundown of everything you need to know/do and the gear you want to be a ~pr0huntarr~, and you walk away with a ton of standing mats and some arcanes.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Shere posted:

I advocate buying Harrow no matter how much he costs because Defection and Kuva Spy missions are soul-sucking nonsense.

I've been having a lot of fun with Defections recently. Having an Oberon (Prime or regular), a Gara, and a Vauban on the squad makes them easy.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"
Sorties and hunting eidolons (aka "dolons") is basically the best return on investment for time spent, in my opinion. So as soon as you can start doing these things, sign up for them (say "x sortie" or "x dolon" in clan chat) whenever you see someone wanting to start a group in clan chat ("+3 dolon"). As pointed out earlier, you will need to complete the War Within quest first.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
So Archwing is largely forgettable and I can ignore it until I really *have* to play more? That's a relief, because I really wanna like it but it feels so clunky at times and having an entirely seperate set of mods and equipment just makes it more daunting than anything else.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So I made Saryn and love this crazy long-range spore build.

I'd like to make her Prime version as I have the BP and the systems.

Is there any way to influence which relics you get as rewards? I don't mind spending and hour with Goon in a fissure cracking eggs but I only have a couple of the ones that will give me her chassis and helmet.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Pretty much. It is possible to navigate the star chart without interacting with Archwing at all unless you’re in Uranus, but a lucky map setup will let you avoid even that.

edit to ^: Run missions that have the highest chance of spawning the relics you want if you’re spawning specific relics. IIRC Saryn Prime is vaulted right now so unfortunately if you want her bits you’ll need to trade or luck out into a teammate who’s cracking the relics.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Feb 25, 2018

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

So I made Saryn and love this crazy long-range spore build.

I'd like to make her Prime version as I have the BP and the systems.

Is there any way to influence which relics you get as rewards? I don't mind spending and hour with Goon in a fissure cracking eggs but I only have a couple of the ones that will give me her chassis and helmet.

Saryn Prime is vaulted and her relics no longer drop. She's still pretty cheap on the market though.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

And Tyler Too! posted:

Archwing is the reigning king of half-baked ideas and is largely irrelevant. Its only purpose is for mastery ranks and getting around the plains faster. You can safely ignore this content.

Whoa there, you mean the Plains of Eidolon? Is that how everyone is getting from point to point so fast? I swear I just run around those missions watching the action happen a kilometer ahead of me.
I Googled it and see I can buy uses of the Archwing there. I keep wishing for a Sparrow like Destiny, but this will do.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tallgeese posted:

They nerfed most beams back down to uselessness.

dang, that was fast.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Tallgeese may be slightly exaggerating. A Viral+Hunter Munitions Ignis Wraith is nothing to scoff at.

It would help if beam ramping up doesn’t instantly go back to zero because your hand twitched and the cursor moved off the target, though.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Naturally Selected posted:

Finish the war within so you get full-on anime mode, sign up whenever me or some other people are running newbie eidolon, I generally do a full rundown of everything you need to know/do and the gear you want to be a ~pr0huntarr~, and you walk away with a ton of standing mats and some arcanes.

Eidolon boss fights pretty much come down to a few steps, those being

a) make your lures invincible
    b) shoot eidolon with lasers
    c) shoot eidolon with boosted guns that do not have AOEs or punch through
    d) do not die to doomsday AOE move
    e) shoot smaller eidolons
    f) repeat above as needed

Ritznit posted:

So Archwing is largely forgettable and I can ignore it until I really *have* to play more? That's a relief, because I really wanna like it but it feels so clunky at times and having an entirely seperate set of mods and equipment just makes it more daunting than anything else.

All of the mandatory archwing content is also content which you can eek by in with just basic trash mods. In like 700 hours I have built a grand total of two archwings and two archwing guns. I have maybe ten mods for all of them.

Pooncha posted:

Pretty much. It is possible to navigate the star chart without interacting with Archwing at all unless you’re in Uranus, but a lucky map setup will let you avoid even that.

You need an Archwing to access Jupiter.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Vargs posted:

Saryn Prime is vaulted and her relics no longer drop. She's still pretty cheap on the market though.

So if I use a relic that has one of her parts in the list, there is no way for that item to drop?
Or is it that those relics no longer drop so if I used the relics I have and her parts don't drop, I'm screwed?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Getting the Atlas seems pretty reliant on having good AW gear.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

So if I use a relic that has one of her parts in the list, there is no way for that item to drop?
Or is it that those relics no longer drop so if I used the relics I have and her parts don't drop, I'm screwed?

The latter - so long as you have a relic, you can crack it in a fissure mission and hope you get what you want.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

CODChimera posted:

That mostly just means putting those same basic trash mods on a weapon you probably wouldn't use otherwise.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

The second one. But as mentioned, you can still buy the parts so you aren't screwed. Hell, if you go pick up some of the new unvaulted relics, you can sell a Loki Prime Systems or whatever for more than any individual Saryn Prime part, making a more efficient path towards Saryn than actually cracking open Saryn relics would be.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Pooncha posted:

Tallgeese may be slightly exaggerating. A Viral+Hunter Munitions Ignis Wraith is nothing to scoff at.

It would help if beam ramping up doesn’t instantly go back to zero because your hand twitched and the cursor moved off the target, though.

Yeah the beam ramp up being based on damage is even more hilarious than one may originally think because it's basically double dipping player accuracy. If you miss a target while firing then you don't deal any damage to that target. If you're using a beam weapon and miss a target, not only do you not deal any damage, the next time you land a hit you also do reduced damage.

This is pretty abstracted, but you can think about it like this: a weapon does 10 damage per shot and it fires 10 times a second. You are targeting an enemy that has 10 HP. A player with 100% accuracy will kill that target in .4 seconds and four shots. The first shot deals 1 damage, the second 2, the third 3, the fourth 4, and he's dead. A player with 50% accuracy, that maybe misses every other shot, will kill that target in 1.9 second and twenty shots. The first shot deals 1 damage, the second zero, the third 1, the fourth zero, the fifth 1, etc.

If both weapons have 50 shots per magazine then the 100% accuracy player has about 455 damage between each reload, because the first 10 shots will only deal a combined total of about 45 damage. The 50% accuracy player, on the other hand, has 25 damage between each reload, because not only do they only get a total of 25 shots connecting per magazine, their 25 shots all only do 1 damage.

Now, keep in mind this is a hypothetical situation, but holy poo poo lol that's comparing 100% accuracy and 50% accuracy on the same exact weapon and you get a 95% difference in weapon damage between each magazine/damage over time. Then consider that this is a hypothetical scenario, and in reality these numbers will be affected by all sorts of bullshit. Humans are going to vary in consecutive hits, so consider the differences between a player that only has 10% accuracy and maybe a player that has 45% accuracy, but the player with 10% accuracy has 90% of their shots consecutive, while the 45% accuracy player maybe only has 38% consecutive shots.

Maybe the player has a riven that gives a weapon +300% damage and +150% multishot, or maybe they're using mods to make their weapon's projectiles larger, or shoot 95% faster. Then you take into account status effects like slash and gas, which are determined by weapon damage. You need to take into consideration headshot multipliers, critical chances and status chances. ammunition pools, recoil, enemy movement patterns and gameplay situations.

Then you realize that there are a few dozen weapons using this exact same damage ramping model and so far I've only been talking about one, and they need to somehow balance every single loving one of them when just doing it for one gun in isolation is already absurdly nightmarish. Why, you have the Atomos, a gun which is a death laser that can achieve 100% accuracy by shooting at a stationary corpse, and something like the Convectrix where the beams of the weapon are, by design, sweeping around the screen at random and probably never hitting their targets. So maybe the user has modded the Atomos to have a fire rate of 23 and it deals 3500 gas damage, while the Convectrix has a fire rate of 5 and deals 100 slash damage, but has somehow gotten to a 9.x crit multiplier and has a 80% crit chance. Those weapons have completely different numbers and will do absurdly different amounts of damage even before you throw in the fact that one of them shoots sweeping laser beams that move all across the screen and the other one is a homing laser that can hit dozens of targets at once with nearly perfect accuracy.

Like what. What were they thinking?

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 25, 2018

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I've been having a lot of fun with Defections recently. Having an Oberon (Prime or regular), a Gara, and a Vauban on the squad makes them easy.

Being easy doesn't actually compensate for the monotony of it in any way. Nor for the fact that rotation C is 8 squads saved, which sets the goalposts for completing three rotations beyond most pub groups. Add to that there's a built-in efficiency ramp up in the game mode so starting over means the first rotation takes longer (because it only trickles out one squad at a time for the first 4 waves).

Also it's glitchy. I've spent portions of Defection runs trying to get an Ancient to grab stuck squad members and pull them out of whatever pathing dead end they're stuck in. I also had one round where the B spawn room was trapping at least one member of the squad every wave for an extra 30 seconds until he race-walked his rear end out of the level geometry.

I tried. I gave up. Sort of like whoever designed the game mode did.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Feb 26, 2018

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I have a question about how best to progress in this game with regards to new equipment. I have a couple maxed out warframes, and a few each of the different weapon types. The problems arrive when I switch to new gear to level up. Right now I'm working through Jupiter, but with my new Rhino warframe and new weapons, I just get worked in these area. Whereas with my maxed equipment they aren't much of a problem. When you start on levelling new equipment, do you usually focus on missions on earlier planets, just to grind them out, and use your most powerful equipment for actual progress?
Once I have a maxed out set of gear, it's tough to want to continue spending too much more time with them, since that is progress I'm not earning towards my next Mastery Rank.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

turn off the TV posted:

Why, you have the Atomos, a gun which is a death laser that can achieve 100% accuracy by shooting at a stationary corpse

Didn't they take that feature out?

barren_sky posted:

I have a question about how best to progress in this game with regards to new equipment. I have a couple maxed out warframes, and a few each of the different weapon types. The problems arrive when I switch to new gear to level up. Right now I'm working through Jupiter, but with my new Rhino warframe and new weapons, I just get worked in these area. Whereas with my maxed equipment they aren't much of a problem. When you start on levelling new equipment, do you usually focus on missions on earlier planets, just to grind them out, and use your most powerful equipment for actual progress?
Once I have a maxed out set of gear, it's tough to want to continue spending too much more time with them, since that is progress I'm not earning towards my next Mastery Rank.

Bring 1-3 maxed-out weapons/frames, depending on how comfortable you are relying on them in a pinch, and 1-3 items to level. That way you can mostly use the stuff that needs levels until poo poo hits the fan, then you pull out the Literal Big Gun and make the problems into gibs.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

barren_sky posted:

Whoa there, you mean the Plains of Eidolon? Is that how everyone is getting from point to point so fast? I swear I just run around those missions watching the action happen a kilometer ahead of me.
I Googled it and see I can buy uses of the Archwing there. I keep wishing for a Sparrow like Destiny, but this will do.

Getting your first AW going in the plains is a pain since it takes 50 grokdrul and iradite and 1200 oxium for the segment then you have to build the actual launchers for another 50 grokdrul and iradite and some fish oil. Each craft of the launchers gives you 50 uses so its not that bad and if you play in the plains much its not hard to keep getting enough mats to keep making them. There is a trick to it though. The number of iradite that drop from the little clusters around the plains is determined on what level your plains instance is. If you just walk out the gates each cluster will drop like 1 or 2 iradite. But if you start a t5 bounty each cluster will drop 5-6 iradite. So set your game to solo and then start a t5 bounty and grab the clusters that spawn right by the gates then walk back into cetus.

But the reason people only use AW as a taxi service is that while you are in the air all of the grineer can launch missiles at you that instantly knock you out of your AW if they hit you. So even if you wanted to use your AW to rain death from the sky that grineer butcher will probably shoot you down in a few seconds.

CODChimera posted:

Decent gear will make the atlas boss fight much faster but you can do it in scrub gear. Or ask someone who leveled that poo poo for mastery to more or less one shot it for you.

barren_sky posted:

As you get higher MR you get more starting capacity in your items so its not as big a deal that they are unleveled. Until then you have two real options. First is have one or two good items that can rely on and just do whatever missions letting your other stuff slowly soak up xp. This will take a while but it won't drive you crazy. Second is you power level your new gear by running a defense (hydron) with one person murdering everything and the others soaking the xp. Its fast and you never need to try and kill that bombard with your rank 3 braton, but its not super interesting because you mostly stand around while someone else does the work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The higher your MR the easier it is to nursemaid new gear through something useful. Looking for lowbie nodes, or Simaris targets or similar for the first few abilities can help though.

In general, play with public matchmaking, look up frame abilities on the wiki so you know what they actually do, and don't swap out all three weapons at the same time. Alerts, fissures and syndicate missions can be good for having OP pubs.

Or ask in clan chat if anyone wants to help. See previous posts about an extra body helping various farms anyway.