Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Damaged mods are actually the rarest kind of their respective mods, and it's impossible to collect all of them because each account will only get, I think, a maximum of 11. 9 of those come from the intro quest and 2 more come from a junction.

They might be useful for regular players, but Goons need not worry about getting real versions of the basic mods even from the beginning of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Get your bad self signed up to the clan and you can get hooked up with non-damaged versions.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Pope Urbane II posted:

Damaged mods are actually the rarest kind of their respective mods, and it's impossible to collect all of them because each account will only get, I think, a maximum of 11. 9 of those come from the intro quest and 2 more come from a junction.

They might be useful for regular players, but Goons need not worry about getting real versions of the basic mods even from the beginning of the game.

they might be useful if not for how little endo you get early on. damaged mods are traps.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

They're useful to give some boost on low point builds, like if it's a gun/frame you're just using for MR fodder and aren't going spend forma or potatoes on.

I got damaged hornet strike which makes sidearm levelling a lot more bearable.

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

If it's broken, it's probably my fault
I've been eyeing this game up for a while now and I've finally got the spare time to give it a go

Got it installed and gonna give it a spin tonight. If it's as good as ya'll say I'll fill out the form and be bad with goonfriends

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Jeesis posted:

Yeh I mispelt in the post.

Here is what I am talking about anyway.

Am I too low of a level to sell it or some poo poo? I am level 2 so that is a probability and already sold one thing today but it is weird that errything else still shows up sans maybe some other items that I am not paying attention to.

Judging by that second screenshot, it looks like you may have some graphical issues going on there too, friendo.

But damaged mods are dumb. They are supposed to be this game's idea of "starter mods". 2% Mods with a lower upgrade cost than their full-fat cousins, but commensurately lower benefit. It is best to disregard these, and go straight for the undamaged ones, which you can get by asking in goonclan, instead of having to farm them up for yourself. (again, the game tells you this exactly nowhere. It's great that the game doesn't hold your hand every step of the way, but there's shades of grey between Myst and Arkham Knight.)

Here, go down this list and check them off as they are given to you, or you find them on your own: https://pastebin.com/dpzH43je

Trades are limited, based on your Mastery Rank, but up to five things can be traded at once, so it may take you a few days to get them all.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Apr 25, 2018

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

damaged mods are stupid and pointless and the game doesn't explain this at all

Damaged mods and MK1 weapons are aggressively hostile to new players and I will never understand it

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I feel like they tried to level out the stats to make the starter versions more accessable - Braton MK1's accuracy and clip size are much better, but its crit stats are worse, which is something new players probably don't care about. I feel like the lower damage stats are there to clue players into 'you should upgrade to this one' and start them off on the path of looking for better weapons.

E: again with damaged mods, they have less drain, so can be used at sub 20 levels to ease people into the process of piecing together the mod system. For a new player working with 30 drain capacity and no polarities on MK1 gear, something like damaged Hornet Strike is going to give them a big DPS boost.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 25, 2018

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Sandweed posted:

Depends, what is the best character in Nier?

did I get it right

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

What counts as a finisher for the riven challenge? I got a rifle mod with 40 kills with finishers without setting off alarms, and everyone seems to be saying either 'use a stealth frame' or 'camp a kubrow den' but I'm not making any progress even using Broken War, which usually has a crazy ground finisher chance (though I did read somewhere that ground finishers don't count).

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Bobby Deluxe posted:

What counts as a finisher for the riven challenge? I got a rifle mod with 40 kills with finishers without setting off alarms, and everyone seems to be saying either 'use a stealth frame' or 'camp a kubrow den' but I'm not making any progress even using Broken War, which usually has a crazy ground finisher chance (though I did read somewhere that ground finishers don't count).

Walking up behind an unalerted enemy and hitting melee (or stunning them with Inaros' pocket sand/Excal's Radial Blind, but those will get you in alerted mode really fast).

If you have a stealth frame, just load up an extermination on Earth, go into stealth and backstab everything.

/edit: To clarify, you get a prompt when it's possible to do a finisher:

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Apr 25, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Soothing Vapors posted:

Damaged mods and MK1 weapons are aggressively hostile to new players and I will never understand it

I am completely serious when I say I would not have stuck with warframe if I hadn't gotten the Soma Prime through twitch

even at level 1, with poo poo for mods, that thing saved my early game life. a good friend throwing mods at me and goon clan throwing more things at me saved hours 2-however many I have now.

supra vandal is now my bullethose best friend but the soma was critical for not hating everything. and having frost prime and excal as my first two frames was great.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 25, 2018

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Psion posted:

I am completely serious when I say I would not have stuck with warframe if I hadn't gotten the Soma Prime through twitch

even at level 1, with poo poo for mods, that thing saved my early game life. a good friend throwing mods at me and goon clan throwing more things at me saved hours 2-however many I have now.

supra vandal is now my bullethose best friend but the soma was critical for not hating everything. and having frost prime and excal as my first two frames was great.

Yeah, I got the Frost Prime and Soma Prime through Twitch and used them basically from the beginning. I didn't even use mods until I was to Uranus...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Or use Inaros, throw sand in their eyes and STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Or use Inaros, throw sand in their eyes and STAB STAB STAB STAB STAB

I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I think everyone makes this joke with Inaros and I love it every time

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That's the whole point of it!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Edmond Dantes posted:

If you have a stealth frame, just load up an extermination on Earth, go into stealth and backstab everything.
That's what I thought, but I loaded up an earth exterminate as Loki, and the riven progress notification wasn't appearing.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Got new hardware and decided to test Warframe on it to see how it'll handle an advanced engine, and i find it hilarious that even on a really powerful GPU the menu mouse cursor is still a completely laggy piece of poo poo.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That's what I thought, but I loaded up an earth exterminate as Loki, and the riven progress notification wasn't appearing.

Did you actually put it on a weapon? I forget to actually slot my new Riven all the time.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Did you remember to equip the riven to a weapon and then equip that weapon, my dude

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I did, restarted the mission and got the stealth challanges fine. It turned out to be for the tetra, by the way.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
sell it to me, I love me some Tetra

Psion posted:

Yeah, I started around the same time that twitch event was happening and that was such a huge boost to my enjoyment of this game

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

My Supra riven is basically a two for one elemental mod (elec and heat) and I'm debating rerolling it but I'm on like, six rolls now so I should probably stop

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

also XP and focus in Onslaught are higher than intended and getting adjusted somewhat. it turns out elite sancturary enemies have like 1/4 the HP they should have for their level.

quote:

This is semi-complicated to fix, because in a way this has led to hollow gains - enemies are providing significantly more Affinity (and thus, Focus) but in reality they are much weaker than they should be. To maintain the current difficulty of the mission type as best we can, we will have to lower enemy levels, which will impact Focus gains. We absolutely intend on this mode still being a Focus boon, and playtesting shows that gains are still enormous compared to normal play elsewhere (with Adaro strategies being the exception).

also they're making it harder to go past wave 15, which, who cares

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Their proposed fix to "the enemies are too low of a challenge for their level" being "lower their level to match their challenge" instead of "increase their challenge to match their level" is (correctly) going over like a lead balloon, so their plans might change

kaffo
Jun 20, 2017

If it's broken, it's probably my fault

kaffo posted:

I've been eyeing this game up for a while now and I've finally got the spare time to give it a go

Got it installed and gonna give it a spin tonight. If it's as good as ya'll say I'll fill out the form and be bad with goonfriends
The game is fun, I'm filling in the form

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Back to hydron, I guess.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Two difficulty selections and one difficulty level is the next generation of game design.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Knew the Onslaught enemies felt oddly weak for their level, especially in Elite and going 100+

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

also XP and focus in Onslaught are higher than intended and getting adjusted somewhat. it turns out elite sancturary enemies have like 1/4 the HP they should have for their level.

also they're making it harder to go past wave 15, which, who cares

Man I hope they don’t gut the Focus gains cause this is by-far my favorite way to farm it.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Man I hope they don’t gut the Focus gains cause this is by-far my favorite way to farm it.

Come on, you already know the answer to this deep down.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm not sure what makes me angrier, that it's going to be harder to get those focus farm numbers that Crack_Smoking_Warlock posts, or that EOnslaught has been such a buggy piece of poo poo that I haven't been able to take part and reap the benefit while the going is good.

I threw away all my plat at goons and was preparing to rage uninstall the game after yet another "timer's up, gently caress you we're not spawning the portal" last night.

Jigoogly
Jan 10, 2016
Ok, how'd you do it, spit it out.

https://imgur.com/yXFfw4j

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Holy poo poo.

dertylol
Jun 11, 2014

kaffo posted:

The game is fun, I'm filling in the form

You'll have a wonderful time, probably, just know this going in.. Looking good, is MORE important, than being effective.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Jigoogly posted:

Ok, how'd you do it, spit it out.

https://imgur.com/yXFfw4j

Wait since the next 3 names have the exact same score does that mean the goon in first place did it solo?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Yes

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bistromatic posted:

That's the whole point of it!

Think of how awful it is. You're a grineer. You're permanently bonded to your suit because it keeps you from falling apart, providing protection, life support, modesty preserving.

Then some rear end in a top hat throws sand at you and you cant get it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

DoombatINC posted:

Their proposed fix to "the enemies are too low of a challenge for their level" being "lower their level to match their challenge" instead of "increase their challenge to match their level" is (correctly) going over like a lead balloon, so their plans might change

They should reverse and replace with -75% affinity range in ESO. Troll the haters.

(edit - others were first with my original comment)

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 25, 2018