Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

apostateCourier posted:

I'm really happy with this Lenz riven: +169.2% crit chance, +137% fire rate (after bow doubling), -26% magazine capacity. Still waiting for my Lenz to get out of the oven so I can try it out, if I end up not liking the Lenz how much would this thing go for?

I have almost the exact same riven except it's -reload instead of -capacity, end result is the same though. I love the Lenz and as far as I'm concerned it's the perfect riven for it, the only thing better than suicide bubbles is rapid fire suicide bubbles...that said 1k should be pretty easy to get, so you might as well start out somewhere around 1.5k if you decide to go that route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

M2tt posted:

I have almost the exact same riven except it's -reload instead of -capacity, end result is the same though. I love the Lenz and as far as I'm concerned it's the perfect riven for it, the only thing better than suicide bubbles is rapid fire suicide bubbles...that said 1k should be pretty easy to get, so you might as well start out somewhere around 1.5k if you decide to go that route.

Yeah, agreed. The negative stat that does nothing negative to this weapon should bump the value a bit.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I’ll straight up offer 1000 for it if you can wait a day or so

E: in game name spacemanbill

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The one thing I will say against Arca Plasmor is that the reload on it is loving painful if you run out mid-clusterfuck, especially in the index. And short of astonishing riven luck, there's no fixing it since the most you can boost reload on shotguns is 25%.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The one thing I will say against Arca Plasmor is that the reload on it is loving painful if you run out mid-clusterfuck, especially in the index. And short of astonishing riven luck, there's no fixing it since the most you can boost reload on shotguns is 25%.

My friend, let me introduce you to the glory of Chilling Reload http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Chilling_Reload

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

You should use Harrow and revel in the destruction. Playing low fire rate, low reload speed weapons is 10x as fun with harrow (+50% fire rate +100% reload speed on his 2 with a couple power mods). You might never want to use Arca Plasmor with another frame.

With that said, I feel like reload speed mods are too weak for what they should do. primed fast hands should be give at least +100% speed for how much it costs and how little effect 55% speed does compared to 30%. If they changed the mods to reduce reload time by 55% instead of increasing reload speed the balance would be in the right place imo. I understand that they don't want players to be able to completely negate a weapon's downside, but isn't that what mods are for? Kinda weird how you can usually fix anything in a weapon besides reload speed.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 00:48 on May 26, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Spudd posted:

My friend, let me introduce you to the glory of Chilling Reload http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Chilling_Reload

Oh my god I want it so baaad

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Is there an easy way to find Nightmare missions? Do they show up in the alert tabs?

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Bobby Deluxe posted:

^^ chilling reload is a stupid good mod.

Seeking fury also gives another 15% reload for shotguns.

Not sure how much use that is on Arca Plasmor which already has punch-through. It's nuts on Tigris Prime though, which has the same problem.

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS
I went back about 30 pages, and while found some Lenz builds but I didn't see anyone post their Amprex builds. I want to make sure that I forma it correctly, because for some reason I seem to be lucky on relics and don't get much forma. I've got a Lenz cooking and an Amprex that will be started the moment I get the fieldron from an invasion, out of those two are either relatively weak before you get 3-4 forma in to them? I have spare catalysts ready and have been running Hydron often so I think I can get them up quickly.. but not past 4 or so.

re Prime frames, any non-obvious tips beyond doing public defense/survival for relic hunting and cracking? I read many pages back that NekrosP will be vaulted next, trying to get that before it goes away.

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Yeah, the amprex is extremely forma hungry, this is my 7(!) forma amprex build: if you don't have a riven, you'd probly use an element. Since the buff, it's probably a lot more usable at lower forma levels. The linchpin of the build is hunter munitions and the crit stuff, so a lower forma build would probably drop the elements/hcal.
https://goo.gl/ze5KGZ

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 26, 2018

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Is there an easy way to find Nightmare missions? Do they show up in the alert tabs?

Nightmare missions are on a per-planet basis, clear every node on that planet once and they'll become available.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Thanks to some help from Draconic last night, who did the actual unlocking since I didn't have a stealth build and couldn't headshot 30 enemies in a row undetected, I snagged an Opticor Riven.

Annoyingly, I'm MR10 so I won't be able to play with it for a while, so now I'm stuck trying to decide whether to just sell it for 800ish plat, which is a huge stack of cash that would basically keep my potatoes in stock for months, or to roll the bones myself and see what kind of mods I can get, I've got enough Kuva to reroll it a couple times.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I sold my opticor riven and enjoyed being free from want of slots and potates with no regrets, but it helps that I wasn't particularly fond of the opticor.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Darth Walrus posted:

Their mission nodes will have red outlines, not hard to find.

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Archenteron posted:

Their mission nodes will have red outlines, not hard to find.

You have to have cleared every node in a system for them to show up though.

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Pound_Coin posted:

You have to have cleared every node in a system for them to show up though.

Well, every non-Dark Sector node, anyway.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I think I'll just sell the opticor mod - I'll get more benefit from a lot of disposable Platinum than I will from a gun I won't be able to use for at least a few weeks anyway.

I searched in Warframe market, but I didn't see a section for rivens - do I just spam trade chat until I get an offer?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

riven.market and wftrader

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gitro posted:

I sold my opticor riven and enjoyed being free from want of slots and potates with no regrets, but it helps that I wasn't particularly fond of the opticor.

I noticed that I can't handle semi auto weapons anymore, however strong they might be.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
most nightmare missions aren't terribly difficult any more, but trying to get a specific nightmare mod is pure rng. fortunately most nightmare mods show up as alert rewards, but unfortunately chilling reload is an exception for no particular reason.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
The good news is that if you've got a little spare plat, chilling reload sells for 4-5p on the market, and plenty of sellers.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Every time anyone mentions trading things for plat, I feel like there should be a bot that posts the sad trombone noise from the price is right for the PS4 players. The available pool of people who even know trading exists is maybe a tenth of what it is on PC and everything sells for 15p, riven or not.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

most nightmare missions aren't terribly difficult any more, but trying to get a specific nightmare mod is pure rng. fortunately most nightmare mods show up as alert rewards, but unfortunately chilling reload is an exception for no particular reason.
Same with Drifting Contact :( I mean at least I have Inaros now so in theory I could just keep grinding, but... :effort:

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Unlocking the star map is plodding along slowly but surely, it seems like a never ending task though. I also managed to finish a Maroo mission and sold a fully loaded statue for 1500ish endo which means my base damage mods are all nearly fully upgraded now.

I also decided to slack off and do some of the quest missions and got a decent chunk of plastids. Soon Rhino will be mine, then I will make him a big hammer and a shotgun. Its going to be great.

My hot take for the day is that excavation missions are rough if you get caught in one solo. There never seem to be enough power cells and you can't really roam much to hunt them down. I also got sort of stuck in a corpus defence mission when 2 robots with shields I couldn't really damage showed up during wave 10 and I ran out of ammo trying to kill them. I eventually realised I could cheese them by spamming slam attacks but that was a loooooong wave.

Sheeple
Nov 1, 2011
Solo excavation has absolutely garbage spawn rates.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Redundant posted:

Unlocking the star map is plodding along slowly but surely, it seems like a never ending task though. I also managed to finish a Maroo mission and sold a fully loaded statue for 1500ish endo which means my base damage mods are all nearly fully upgraded now.

I also decided to slack off and do some of the quest missions and got a decent chunk of plastids. Soon Rhino will be mine, then I will make him a big hammer and a shotgun. Its going to be great.

My hot take for the day is that excavation missions are rough if you get caught in one solo. There never seem to be enough power cells and you can't really roam much to hunt them down. I also got sort of stuck in a corpus defence mission when 2 robots with shields I couldn't really damage showed up during wave 10 and I ran out of ammo trying to kill them. I eventually realised I could cheese them by spamming slam attacks but that was a loooooong wave.
I'm guessing those base damage mods are the Broken ones, with cracked glass? There are better versions that go way higher, but have ten pips. And the cost for leveling doubles with each pip. Still, get someone (anyone, we all have 3,000x+ copies of them) in the clan to give you the unbroken Serration and Hornet Strike mods and get them up to rank 5-7. That should be enough to keep you killing for plenty of time.

I'm guessing the shield robots you saw were Bursas. There's three versions, each with their own attacks. The main thing to do is to get behind them and attack from the sides or rear, the shields only block the direction they're facing. Crowd control powers can help slow them down and give you more time to attack, but Bursas gain resistance to crowd control powers that get used against them a bunch in the form of reduced stun duration.

Make that Rhino. The hammer will probably be kinda slow unless it is the Volnus (I think? The one made of glass plates), but if you can get your hands on a Berserker mod, you can make any high-crit hammer into a rapid-swing weapon. And shotguns are super good in this game.

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009
Yeah, solo excavation can fail just due to bad spawn rates. It’s not as bad with a Frost when the extractor doesn’t need babysitting, but still.

I got my Fluctus. While the beam is slow and has some troubles catching up to the scout, the hard part is done when you disable the engines for the first time. The weapon does enough damage that you can start pre-shooting the engines when you get the warning and the scout never gets to take off again.

The bad news is that there’s a Razorback Armada event going on, which requires re-running Corpus Archwing missions. That wouldn’t be so bad, except for the fact that the Fluctus is semi-auto and I managed to finally break R2 on my first controller. :v:
To be fair, Tiberon Prime is also a contributing factor.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

ElegantFugue posted:

I'm guessing those base damage mods are the Broken ones, with cracked glass? There are better versions that go way higher, but have ten pips. And the cost for leveling doubles with each pip. Still, get someone (anyone, we all have 3,000x+ copies of them) in the clan to give you the unbroken Serration and Hornet Strike mods and get them up to rank 5-7. That should be enough to keep you killing for plenty of time.

I'm guessing the shield robots you saw were Bursas. There's three versions, each with their own attacks. The main thing to do is to get behind them and attack from the sides or rear, the shields only block the direction they're facing. Crowd control powers can help slow them down and give you more time to attack, but Bursas gain resistance to crowd control powers that get used against them a bunch in the form of reduced stun duration.

Make that Rhino. The hammer will probably be kinda slow unless it is the Volnus (I think? The one made of glass plates), but if you can get your hands on a Berserker mod, you can make any high-crit hammer into a rapid-swing weapon. And shotguns are super good in this game.
They're the undamaged ones but "fully upgraded" might be overselling it a touch. They each have 2-3 pips left which is almost certainly a decent chunk of endo. They look close though and the damage jumps are very notable.

I can't remember the name of the robots but they had a shockwave attack, a missile attack that was pretty rough and they could blind me. It was blue shield health more than a physical shield that caused problems and I had used all my energy so couldn't just blade them to death. I dunno, I had a similar problem taking down Jackal on my first attempt. Maybe I just need better stuff.

I assume the hammer will be pretty mediocre since I can't even remember where I got the blueprint from, but its extra MR and fits nicely. It will probably get replaced by a good hammer asap but for a start it will do.

E: I checked. It certainly looks like it was a bursar. I tried flanking them to little success and gave up. Should have stuck with it!

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Redundant posted:

If you want some damage mods or someone to run with, look if I'm on (my IGN is also Zetsubou) and we can be fuzzy robot space buddies

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Sheeple posted:

Solo excavation has absolutely garbage spawn rates.

To increase spawn rates, make sure you have a good amount of enemy radar equipped (Animal Instinct, Enemy Radar, Enemy Sense) because this game is weird and that makes enemies spawn and run toward you faster

I wish they'd introduce a slider so you could set it to 4 player spawns for solo

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Redundant posted:

I can't remember the name of the robots but they had a shockwave attack, a missile attack that was pretty rough and they could blind me. It was blue shield health more than a physical shield that caused problems and I had used all my energy so couldn't just blade them to death. I dunno, I had a similar problem taking down Jackal on my first attempt. Maybe I just need better stuff.
Bursas are mostly just annoying once you know how to deal with them (shoot them in the butt).

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Helter Skelter posted:

Bursas are mostly just annoying once you know how to deal with them (shoot them in the butt).
(And then hack them so they switch sides).

On the score of 10 point mods, most of mine are sitting at 8/10 filled and i'm fine with them like that. I have a lot of mods that are at 4/5 as well, though mostly that's because then their drain stays at an even number and my brain considers the half point lost in polarity slots absolutely unacceptable in terms of efficiency.

They're still powerful enough to get me through most sorties and I don't really see myself fully upgrading them fully until i'm clawing at the walls for something to do post MR 25, it's just too high an endo cost even though I now have Nekros Prime.

Oh, and I got the cold / reload shotgun mod this morning! Arca Plasmor has become a thing of horrible, terrifying beauty.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 26, 2018

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Soothing Vapors posted:

To increase spawn rates, make sure you have a good amount of enemy radar equipped (Animal Instinct, Enemy Radar, Enemy Sense) because this game is weird and that makes enemies spawn and run toward you faster

I wish they'd introduce a slider so you could set it to 4 player spawns for solo

:stare:
Is that a thing? I assumed I did better in Onslaught with high enemy radar just because I could find enemies more efficiently.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Apparently yes. Enemies spawn and walk towards you unless they are detected, either LOS or radar, which makes them sprint at you.

This is what I’ve been told and haven’t confirmed but nobody contradicted it yet!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

is that a naked Orlan Pirate avatar?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Every time anyone mentions trading things for plat, I feel like there should be a bot that posts the sad trombone noise from the price is right for the PS4 players. The available pool of people who even know trading exists is maybe a tenth of what it is on PC and everything sells for 15p, riven or not.

Same with Drifting Contact :( I mean at least I have Inaros now so in theory I could just keep grinding, but... :effort:

If I have a spare one, I will give it to you fellow PS4 video game console player. I can't check for a few hours though...

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Sandweed posted:

is that a naked Orlan Pirate avatar?

Asks the person with a naked Nyx avatar!!

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Count Uvula posted:

:stare:
Is that a thing? I assumed I did better in Onslaught with high enemy radar just because I could find enemies more efficiently.

yeah, it's been tested extensively. here's one of Rio's overly long videos about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5OHndKwIUE

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 21:03 on May 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Redundant posted:

and I had used all my energy so couldn't just blade them to death.

You don't need energy for melee attacks, only for channeling. Channeling does a little extra damage, and makes you glow, but regular quick melee with a decently modded weapon should be enough to kill a Bursa as long as you stay behind it.