Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They're kinder surprise space eggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TipsyMcStagger posted:

What are these relics I sometimes get as a reward?

Like everyone says, they're your source of prime equipment. Always try to run your fissures with a full group. At the end of the mission you can choose from everyone's loot and choose the best piece.

You can eventually "refine" your relics as you collect void juice, and that'll increase your chances of the good loot.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!
Relics are the primary means of getting parts to build prime weapons and warframes.

Each relic had six (and only six) things which can drop from it. When you do a fissure mission, you select which relic you want to open. After collecting 10 reactant in the mission and then completing the mission, your relic opens and you'll get one of the six things. So there is random chance, but they are unlike lootboxes because, again, you get to choose which you'll open.

In addition, if you do a mission with other people, you'll have the option of selecting one of THEIR rewards instead. It's not stealing because it's just being copied. You should always do fissure missions in a group.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
PS4 market has gone full retard again and I can’t unload rivens for “not transmuting “ money. Any goons want the following? Cerata, akbronco, fusilai?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Just look at this guy

My favorite frame right now. My goal is to max out all his umbra mods, which I'm sure won't take forever. I just need like 30,000+ endo just for one

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

devinebovine posted:

Relics are the primary means of getting parts to build prime weapons and warframes.

Each relic had six (and only six) things which can drop from it. When you do a fissure mission, you select which relic you want to open. After collecting 10 reactant in the mission and then completing the mission, your relic opens and you'll get one of the six things. So there is random chance, but they are unlike lootboxes because, again, you get to choose which you'll open.

In addition, if you do a mission with other people, you'll have the option of selecting one of THEIR rewards instead. It's not stealing because it's just being copied. You should always do fissure missions in a group.

Also when you pick another person's loot make sure you pick the one with the highest rarity not the one you want currently. I've seen people skip over Hydroid Prime Systems and other gold rarity stuff because they wanted a bronze item that drops almost every run. The chance of a gold drop is about 2% unless you refine it then it goes to a maximum of about 10%. If you don't need it, you could always trade to the void trader for ducats (higher rarity sells for more) or sell to another player for platinum.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Is there an easy way to tell? Or a matter of having a website open to do a search?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Elissimpark posted:

Is there an easy way to tell? Or a matter of having a website open to do a search?
They're colorcoded to rarity. There are some weird items that have ducat rates in between two rarities, but generally you should be taking the highest rarity items available unless you really need the lower ones and don't want to deal with trading. This excludes forma, which are just sort of haphazardly thrown into both the common and uncommon tiers.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Is Dread still the Bow of Bows? I know the Lenz is a thing, but... thats less a Bow and more a bow shaped laser grenade launcher. :v:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Is Dread still the Bow of Bows? I know the Lenz is a thing, but... thats less a Bow and more a bow shaped laser grenade launcher. :v:

the shittier bows all got buffs in the big weapon rebalance so it's not like dread is the only good bow, but dread is still very good.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Some people prefer Rakta Cernos (or Cernos Prime, but that's a little different), and Paris Prime isn't that far behind, but yeah Dread's still real good.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Ok, just curious the sortie today made me realize I don't really have a Bow in my arsenal. I mean, I DO have a Dread, but its got no potato (I'll probably fix that) and I've never used it much.

Thankfully Excalibur's Exalted Blade cares not for weapon restrictions. :smuggo:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Elysiume posted:

They're colorcoded to rarity. There are some weird items that have ducat rates in between two rarities, but generally you should be taking the highest rarity items available unless you really need the lower ones and don't want to deal with trading.

You may wish to take a lower-rarity item if its Vaulted. No easy way to tell on this (apart from everyone else choosing it).

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Elysiume posted:

They're colorcoded to rarity. There are some weird items that have ducat rates in between two rarities, but generally you should be taking the highest rarity items available unless you really need the lower ones and don't want to deal with trading. This excludes forma, which are just sort of haphazardly thrown into both the common and uncommon tiers.

I never noticed the item names had different colours. Herf derf.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
To be fair, for a little while, neither did anyone else :v: the shade of yellow they use for gold bits used to be a *lot* closer to the bronze one, so only silver could be readily distinguished.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

The Lone Badger posted:

You may wish to take a lower-rarity item if its Vaulted. No easy way to tell on this (apart from everyone else choosing it).
That's true and a very good point. They should really mark it.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Ah arse. I accidentally sold my Burston Prime. Is this thing vaulted? How good is the Tiberon Prime?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Flipswitch posted:

Ah arse. I accidentally sold my Burston Prime. Is this thing vaulted? How good is the Tiberon Prime?

Worry not, there are a few prime weapons that will never be vaulted and Burston is among them. Parts to make another should not be difficult to come by.

Tiberon Prime is excellent. It's not the most unique feeling gun, but it's certainly powerful and versatile.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Flipswitch posted:

The Burston Prime is about as common as a regular Paris. You'll be able to get another one fairly easily if you want to. All its parts (except the barrel which is uncommon) are common drops from pretty common relics.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Awesome. Thanks guys, it was my first prime weapon so I'm weirdly attached to it and it's special augment.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I have this frustrating riven where I need to kill dargyn pilots before they hit the ground, but the problem is they keep dying before the dargyn blows up and drops them, so it doesn't count.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
Mesa works very well for this. Hit 4, point at dargyn, find another dargyn.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Takkaryx posted:

Mesa works very well for this. Hit 4, point at dargyn, find another dargyn.

Doesn't work when you have to do it while aim gliding though. Ughhhhhhh

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sininu posted:

Doesn't work when you have to do it while aim gliding though. Ughhhhhhh

yeah, that's in 'sell this riven for cheap' territory.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Raptor1033 posted:

PS4 market has gone full retard again and I can’t unload rivens for “not transmuting “ money. Any goons want the following? Cerata, akbronco, fusilai?
Yeah, I had about two weeks where I was stuck unable to do sorties because my rivens were full, I don't have any transmuters and trade was completely unwilling to give me even chicken scratch.

The PS4 trade / riven situation is just massively demotivating as an endgame system. We need a riven only auction house on Maroo's bazaar.

In terms of practical advice, ask on trade if anyone is buying trash rivens and you'll probably get more replies than by trying to list them. I've also had some luck offering to swap them for pineapples (because I needed the endo), but really if it's not the weekend PS4 trade is depressingly useless.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
I use Nova for the dargyn pilot rivens, get them MP'd then shoot the front of the dargyn, usually the explosion takes out the pilot....still a pain in the rear end though.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

TheMostFrench posted:

I have this frustrating riven where I need to kill dargyn pilots before they hit the ground, but the problem is they keep dying before the dargyn blows up and drops them, so it doesn't count.

Sobek with Acid shells can be an alternative to using Nova to have the dargyn's explosion kill the pilot.

When I reddit'd this, some people said bouncing pilots into the air with Zephyr's airburst and then killing them counted too (because the game is looking for 'pilot not on ground' ) but never tried.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

You could probably also do some shenanigans with Limbo and dropping the pilot into a waiting stasis bubble.

Maybe Vauban too?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I've heard that Rhino's stomp knocking them up into the air and freezing people similarly counts as 'not on the ground,' but haven't had the chance to test.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Does shooting them with a sonicor count? :v

kalam
Oct 30, 2010

TheMostFrench posted:

This riven is quite irritating. The most reliable way I found is to take Zephyr, scan the map for the spawn where there are two dagryns on the ground. The two pilots will be nearby, hit them with your 2 and immediately kill them (or aim glide kill if you have that riven variant). When the pilots aggro, they will run to their dagryns so you have to be quick.

This method requires a lot of reloading of the map to try and get the double grounded dagryn spawn, so it's still annoying, but not quite as bad as having the pilots randomly die as you blow up the dagryn. I think you might also have to load level 30-40 bounty to stop your 2 from one-shotting them, but I can't remember as it's been a while.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

After a long time, I started playing Mag again. Mag is fun as gently caress y'all.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

kalam posted:

This riven is quite irritating. The most reliable way I found is to take Zephyr, scan the map for the spawn where there are two dagryns on the ground. The two pilots will be nearby, hit them with your 2 and immediately kill them (or aim glide kill if you have that riven variant). When the pilots aggro, they will run to their dagryns so you have to be quick.

This method requires a lot of reloading of the map to try and get the double grounded dagryn spawn, so it's still annoying, but not quite as bad as having the pilots randomly die as you blow up the dagryn. I think you might also have to load level 30-40 bounty to stop your 2 from one-shotting them, but I can't remember as it's been a while.

Yo easy trick for dargyn pilot rivens: If you use Titania's alien abduction power on those motherfuckers it counts as "before they hit the ground" even if you lifted them in to the air from the floor.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I don't quite remember how I did that riven when I got it but I remember it being quite easy.

I think I might have been flying around in an archwing and shooting dagryns down with a fast firing weapon, like a Soma or Supra with punchthrough mod equipped? So that the follow-up shots would automatically kill the pilot after he got ejected.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Would Khora's strangledome count if it was lifting them off the ground?

I ask only because I finally got the neuroptics... Soon cat lady will be mine.

DawnOfMinstrel
Jun 27, 2013
I've come back to the game after a yearlong break and it's super fun, even for a casual player like me.

But I hit a wall: right before I quit I unlocked Saturn and now when I go into missions there I barely do any damage with my weapons. I know I'm just MR5 (or 6?) and I only got like 3 frames unlocked (Rhino, Excalibur and Mag), but is there something I can do to remedy that? Any specific mod/elemental combinations I should try?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hek.
With a potato, Shattered Justice (ask in chat) and a damage-focused build. It will erase anything on Saturn.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jul 23, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DawnOfMinstrel posted:

I've come back to the game after a yearlong break and it's super fun, even for a casual player like me.

But I hit a wall: right before I quit I unlocked Saturn and now when I go into missions there I barely do any damage with my weapons. I know I'm just MR5 (or 6?) and I only got like 3 frames unlocked (Rhino, Excalibur and Mag), but is there something I can do to remedy that? Any specific mod/elemental combinations I should try?

At this point you probably can get away with just putting any +Damage/+Fire Rate/+Multishot into your weapons until you've used all the mod capacity. Corrosive damage (Toxic + Electric) will make it easier to deal with those armored enemies.
Ask in the clan chat for free mods, if you don't have them.
Also try a couple of different weapons, some weapons are just not great no matter how you mod them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it might not be completely optimal, but hek with blast damage makes all enemies killed by it fly into the distance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey what's the proper way to end an Onslaught game? just abort when you get your rewards?