Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Pyrana!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

That...is actually perfect. Holy rear end I have the PRIME version that I stopped using because I had to MR other guns, how did I forget the sidearm that's still listed as my most used?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

How does Mesa's passive interact with Pyrana Prime and its ghost gun?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

How does Mesa's passive interact with Pyrana Prime and its ghost gun?

I think it treats it as a one handed weapon even in ghost mode.

Hard to tell though, the weapon already has absurdly high reload and fire rate.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Flytrap posted:

Ahhh Mesa. I want to love her because I loving adore the gunslinger aesthetic but goddamn are there not any weapons that look like they fit the theme very well. There's the Tigris for a classic style shotgun of course, but not many good sidearms that fit. I was so excited to try out the Vasto since it looks like a revolver before I found out it was MR fodder. Ah well, at least the Pandero is sorta good.

Though her passive seems backwards. One handed guns already reload just fine, and dual guns all have good firing rate.

The Mesa Deluxe bundle comes with a handgun skin that turns everything into a revolver and gives it the regulator sound effects. Twin Graks sound like a minigun, BRRRRRRT.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

DE should have weekend events where they just re-break the Pyrana P.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Hahahaha! Literally just after talking about it I unlock a Pryana Riven! First version sucked, rerolled it twice.

At max it's:
83.5% Crit Damage
75.4% Ammo Max
189.5% Damage.

So I absofuckinglutely need to find the right mods to make this into a crit gun because -drat-.

And Tyler Too! posted:

The Mesa Deluxe bundle comes with a handgun skin that turns everything into a revolver and gives it the regulator sound effects. Twin Graks sound like a minigun, BRRRRRRT.

And this sounds like something to invest in! Also because the skin and hat look sweet.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Flytrap posted:

Hahahaha! Literally just after talking about it I unlock a Pryana Riven! First version sucked, rerolled it twice.

At max it's:
83.5% Crit Damage
75.4% Ammo Max
189.5% Damage.

So I absofuckinglutely need to find the right mods to make this into a crit gun because -drat-.

hornet strike, lethal torrent, barrel diffusion, (primed) target cracker, (primed) pistol gambit, two elementals (primed heated charge + something, ideally), riven, you're done.

https://goo.gl/ipjviH

you'll uh, need a few forma. on the upside it will be obscenely powerful.

Psion fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 17, 2018

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Psion posted:

hornet strike, lethal torrent, barrel diffusion, (primed) target cracker, (primed) pistol gambit, two elementals (primed heated charge + something, ideally), riven, you're done.

https://goo.gl/ipjviH

you'll uh, need a few forma. on the upside it will be obscenely powerful.

Thank you! And kick rear end, for once I actually have all the mods already instead of needing to try and grind Spy and Sabotage missions and hoping RNGesus loves me. Though none of my versions are Primed, but it should still be okay without that until Baro cycles them in.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Oct 17, 2018

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah, the nonprime mods should slot right in, probably save you a forma or two until you get the primes and can max them. And you can run whatever elements you want, I just picked radiation because it's rad, much like that gun.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Has anyone managed to get the Twitch Prime weapons?

It says my account is linked and I've claimed them on Twitch but they're not showing up in-game.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Brain In A Jar posted:

Has anyone managed to get the Twitch Prime weapons?

It says my account is linked and I've claimed them on Twitch but they're not showing up in-game.

same

but trinity did take a day too, so im not worried yet

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Goa Tse-tung posted:

same

but trinity did take a day too, so im not worried yet

I unlinked my account from the Warframe account screen, and relinked it, and now they're there!

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

My card had expired and unsubbed me from twitch prime and it took half an hour to get it working again(it has real issues with international accounts) but it was all worth it when I got 2 new prime weapons to immediately sell for the weapon slots.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I got the twitch drops, was happy to get the Vectis Prime and an extra weapon slot.

I'm liking the Vectis more than I thought I would. I just built Rubico Prime also but haven't got a chance to play around with that one. If I mainly want to invest in one as an Eidolon hunting tool, is one any better than the other? Vectis is pulling ahead right now because it came with a potato already, but I have a spare to throw in Rubico if its superior.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
that reminds me, how hard are dolon hunts while pubbing? do you go trinity and just pray they do their thing?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
I quite liked Secura Duel Cestra for Mesa. Build them for as much multishot as possible and just jizz them out in the general direction of the enemy. Sounds like a wet fart.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that reminds me, how hard are dolon hunts while pubbing? do you go trinity and just pray they do their thing?

I run around like a chicken with my head cut off, shooting eidolons and vormalysts with my amp, and then just shooting whatever is easiest when the shield goes down. I am of marginal use, so I figure getting a nice sniper rifle geared up will help me be more useful.

I'm kind of in the mood to try Frost. Gara just isn't really clicking for me despite her gimmick being really good, and Frost seems like a worse version in that he doesn't have a strong personal defensive skill like Gara does, but he looks way cooler. Is Frost worth building and playing around with or is he kind of outclassed in general? Just curious about his niche.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Don't do it unless you luck out into a team of competent pubs, which is extremely unlikely.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I pub Terry all the time as Harrow and it's fine as long as you go into it expecting to solo. The only bad part is trying to charge the lures as most pubbies are of the "I'm helping!" type as they beam the vombs into oblivion.

DE's opaque as a brick wall guidance doesnt help in the slightest.

Tridolon I won't do though just because I dont think I can cover everything.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I pub terrys fairly often as Nezha with a Lanka and its usually fine, don't ever try and tridolon with pubs though.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
If you're gonna tridolon with pubs, do it as a frame you can solo it in. That way, you can do it yourself and if the pubbies are good, you just finish quicker and can do extra runs :v:

I have a friend that's not in the goonclan and that's what he does.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I run around like a chicken with my head cut off, shooting eidolons and vormalysts with my amp, and then just shooting whatever is easiest when the shield goes down. I am of marginal use, so I figure getting a nice sniper rifle geared up will help me be more useful.

I'm kind of in the mood to try Frost. Gara just isn't really clicking for me despite her gimmick being really good, and Frost seems like a worse version in that he doesn't have a strong personal defensive skill like Gara does, but he looks way cooler. Is Frost worth building and playing around with or is he kind of outclassed in general? Just curious about his niche.

There's a really weird Frost build called Assault Frost with maxed efficiency, high range, and the Icy Avalanche augment. Spam Avalanche all day, constantly give you and any nearby allies ice shields while also damaging and armor-stripping and temporarily freezing everything you hit.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Is it weird purely because it's not the one thing that everyone expects Frost to do?

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Yeah. And maxing efficiency means you have reduced or middling duration instead of super long duration, so your Avalanche is more of a stun than a time stop. Assault Frost turns a frame famed for being a point defense expert into an "offense is the best defense" frame who can still do point defense any time he darn well pleases (except against nullifiers if you go crazy on the range).

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
That actually does sound rad. 'Normal' Frost is such a boring one-trick option that I rarely bring it out except in the rare cases that it's actually needed.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

McKilligan posted:

What other Aura mods could be effective enough that people might actually use them? Corpro is the only solution when it comes to tackling anything above levl 60-70.
I've said before, but they should make the largely useless health/energy regen auras into health/energy on kill auras.

It would cut into Harrow's utility a little, but it would also shake up the Zenurik meta.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I mean, even standard Frost can be pretty mobile thanks to his ability to lay down multiple Snow Globes. You can fortify all four points in an Interception and jump between them spewing Avalanches and Ice Waves at any approaching swarms of bad guys, or drop a second Snow Globe in a Defence mission to give you an invincible bunker to shoot/freeze the enemy out of on demand while keeping the objective safely locked down.

Basically, treat Snow Globe like a 360-degree version of Volt's shields and you won't go far wrong - it absolutely does not lock you to one place on the map.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for the Frost advice, I've got him in the foundry now and will give him a shot. Still loving Inaros but getting the itch to mix up my game plan.

Also some new player wandered into trade chat while I was trying to sell a Gram Prime, and I felt like helping him get started with the MR8 Welcome Package (Braton, Lex, Orthos) and some spare mods that I really didn't feel like trawling trade chat trying to offload. He asked a bunch of questions and I got to feel helpful. :unsmith:

I tried to give them all to him for free but he insisted on giving me some plat for it (???)

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Why would you ever use snow globe in interceptions, don't do that

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Frost tip: Be sure to use ice-related one liners when you cast your abilities.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Goa Tse-tung posted:

They're surprisingly easy. I've done quite a few and only had people rage twice and both times it was because of the lure not getting filled up. One of the times was over voice chat and I was shocked at how angry he sounded. I've played competitive Overwatch and that guy was way angrier than anything from there, it was so bizarre and unsettling.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
tbh the best way to make other auras useful would probably be to remove/nerf corpro itself then work from there. It's irritating that it's so needed that you'll get bitched at for not bringing it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Nerfing or removing corpro would make anything past generic starchart missions such a chore, so gently caress that.

I seriously don't get this weird-rear end aversion to using it. It's the best option in 90% of cases, and for those other 10% it's either poo poo that's too easy for anything to matter, spy missions, or you being a greedy shitter.

Remove the bonus modcap from Power Donation and Steel Charge first.

(E: this is moot if you don't have it, obviously)

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Oct 17, 2018

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
If DE would solve their armor scaling problem, the problem of corpro being needed for everything above a certain level would solve itself.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

I seriously don't get this weird-rear end aversion to using it. It's the best option in 90% of cases,

Yes, that's the problem, it removes player agency and limits you to one choice, and you often have to forma a frame so that it fits in with that choice, wasting my time and effort.

As mentioned above (and by myself with 'and work from there'), if removing corpro makes the game less fun then the game needs changed.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Tallgeese posted:

Don't do it unless you luck out into a team of competent pubs, which is extremely unlikely.

First one is trivial with any pug. Never had issues. Odds are you can join and get carried.

2nd is doable with a passable group. If we had an easy time with the first I suggest doing the 2nd and generally have had no issues.

I actually suggest running Rhino for pug groups and bringing energy pizzas just to ensure you can keep ironskin up and never die as in a poo poo PUG revive counters can actually be an issue if you misjudge the group and try to do the 2nd....

Overall, if all you want to do is the first dolon, just pug it. Odds are you'll have at least one person besides you on the team who knows what they're doing and it's faster than trying to herd 3 other goons together.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

The only annoying thing about Frost and Snowglobe is that you and allies can't shoot across it. If you are inside the globe you can shoot out, but you can't shoot inside, or shoot enemies on the other side of the globe if you are outside. Get rid of bubbles by shooting them with Frosts first ability.

Assault Frost is good because it solves the problem of the lone Frost who uses snowglobe as if it were Rhinos iron skin. It is basically armour leeching from the enemy.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

FileNotFound posted:

I actually suggest running Rhino for pug groups and bringing energy pizzas just to ensure you can keep ironskin up and never die as in a poo poo PUG revive counters can actually be an issue if you misjudge the group and try to do the 2nd....

Yeah I use Rhino/Lanka and it's a breeze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Nickiepoo posted:

tbh the best way to make other auras useful would probably be to remove/nerf corpro itself then work from there. It's irritating that it's so needed that you'll get bitched at for not bringing it.

imho, the easiest solution would be to remove polarities from auras (i.e., they all become "aura" polarity). There are plausible scenarios for most of the other auras, but the accompanying hit in mod points is too high.

GoTse-tung posted:

My experience is that that the pubs have the mechanics down pat. However, everything will take longer (1x3 in ~25 minutes) because you can't assemble the perfect group composition due to the way the matchmaking works.

With that in mind, Trinity or Harrow are the best choices as the pubs tend to bring DPS frames. And pass if you can't start the run in the first ~15 minutes of evening.