Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

temple posted:

That new gun is kinda bananas.

Has anyone received Hydroid prime yet?

I haven't gotten hydroid, the new gun, or my trivia rewards, but their reward servers are probably still on fire, it could take a bit longer to get everything passed out. If you don't get anything by the end of the day I'd send support a message but I had to wait like 3 days last tennocon to get my goodies so lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

I am pretty sure they just said the derelict keys were getting removed, not the entire node so there should be no reason to grind mods or cat scans before the 25th..

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i just want to say that i'm hype for everything but also that hydroid deluxe set looks wild and i'm probably going to get it. hydroid is such a fun frame, and de has been putting out a lot of content where massive crowd control is great.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Babe Magnet posted:

I haven't gotten hydroid, the new gun, or my trivia rewards, but their reward servers are probably still on fire, it could take a bit longer to get everything passed out. If you don't get anything by the end of the day I'd send support a message but I had to wait like 3 days last tennocon to get my goodies so lol

Same here :smith:.

I am sure they will show up. Maybe.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

slow_twitch posted:

I am pretty sure they just said the derelict keys were getting removed, not the entire node so there should be no reason to grind mods or cat scans before the 25th..

Deimos is replacing the Derelict, hence why keys are being removed.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
A while back, there was discussion on the Zarr. I'll admit, like 80% of my attraction to that gun is the aesthetic, but I did do a bit of experimentation to find a viable build. This is probably not news to anyone, but it works real well on Mirage. As long as your own shot gets some distance, your mirror image shots don't trigger self-stagger, so you can Danger Close all you want with them.

Because I dislike Mirage for some reason, I have equipped my pink-and-green party cannon on a Mirage painted in honor of the Windows 3.1 Hot Dog Stand color scheme. She is a crab and I am David Attenborough.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Prop Wash posted:

I think what they're going for is that Mirage's 3 is +weapon damage while standing in light, but that normally you don't actually get the displayed amount because her 3 actually depends on how MUCH light there is (according to the wiki, anyway). The theory is that Fire Walker would give her permanent max damage because it would generate light, which I'm not sure would work because the wiki claims that it's "environmental lighting" and I don't know if Fire Walker counts as that or as dynamic lighting or what. Maybe they've already tested it!

In any case I'm very excited for Mirage post-patch. Since DE already confirmed that you can swap out skills from only certain configs I'll be able to have my cake and eat it too, by which I mean I'll be able to swap out her 2 for my melee-focused build and keep her 2 for my Bom build.

That's a lot of words for "I don't read posts".

Or for that matter, know how abilities work.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Dareon posted:

A while back, there was discussion on the Zarr. I'll admit, like 80% of my attraction to that gun is the aesthetic, but I did do a bit of experimentation to find a viable build. This is probably not news to anyone, but it works real well on Mirage. As long as your own shot gets some distance, your mirror image shots don't trigger self-stagger, so you can Danger Close all you want with them.

Because I dislike Mirage for some reason, I have equipped my pink-and-green party cannon on a Mirage painted in honor of the Windows 3.1 Hot Dog Stand color scheme. She is a crab and I am David Attenborough.

Mirage is basically 'make any gun perform good' frame.
Also this is a crime to describe such a wonderful color scheme and not deliver a screenshot of it

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Mirage is basically 'make any gun perform good' frame.
Also this is a crime to describe such a wonderful color scheme and not deliver a screenshot of it

You saw the last screenshot I posted, right? Which crime is worse?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

That's a lot of words for "I don't read posts".

Or for that matter, know how abilities work.

lol

Man if there’s a secret second Wiki that does all the synergy testing and documents the results then I’d love a link to it if you got one! Otherwise I’m going to assume you have about the same level of knowledge as me but way more of a dick about it

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Prop Wash posted:

lol

Man if there’s a secret second Wiki that does all the synergy testing and documents the results then I’d love a link to it if you got one! Otherwise I’m going to assume you have about the same level of knowledge as me but way more of a dick about it

You could have read the post I was replying to, and the post that was replying to.

We already know abilities can generate the light Mirage needs to deal max damage, that's why Mirages were packing glaives before the self-damage change.

Getting a toggle-on ability to just do it would be amazing but I don't think anyone's tested Fire Walker yet.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

You could have read the post I was replying to, and the post that was replying to.

We already know abilities can generate the light Mirage needs to deal max damage, that's why Mirages were packing glaives before the self-damage change.

Getting a toggle-on ability to just do it would be amazing but I don't think anyone's tested Fire Walker yet.

Well that's the speculation element that I was referring to. We know Fire Walker gives 100% heat status effect and the heat status effect gives you max Eclipse so that'll be nice right out of the box, but as far as I can tell there's no confirmation yet on whether or not Mirage with Fire Walker active gets max damage just by virtue of standing in her own trail. I usually use melee so it'll be a non-issue for me either way but I imagine anyone trying to stay at range would be interested. Wiki doesn't say anything one way or the other but if you'd like to confirm it that'd be cool

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

I have been playing Warframe off and on for years (halfway through MR17 right now) and I have always struggled with keeping track of the sheer amount of stuff to do in this game. I want to get into kit guns, but then it requires all these steps and daily capped reputation and then I get overwhelmed and just grind out more mastery points via ESO.

How do you all organize and think about what you're going to focus on?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

space marine todd posted:

I have been playing Warframe off and on for years (halfway through MR17 right now) and I have always struggled with keeping track of the sheer amount of stuff to do in this game. I want to get into kit guns, but then it requires all these steps and daily capped reputation and then I get overwhelmed and just grind out more mastery points via ESO.

Pick a thing and focus on that. If you're constantly trying to balance every system in the game you're gonna constantly lose track of what you're doing. So if you want to do kitguns then spend all your time doing Fortuna stuff for rep and farming resources there, though I'd treat Fortuna rep as a thing in itself since grinding it for kitguns also gets you access to a bunch of other stuff.

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

That makes sense! Actually, the thing I want to focus on is completing my drat Focus Trees. What's the best way to farm focus these days?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

It's really easy to pick a thing to focus on when you've done everything except whatever released a week or two ago.

njsykora is right about Fortuna and the same kind of goes for Cetus, they're things that new players probably shouldn't focus on as soon as they have access to them but at mr 17 you're probably safe to start focusing on them if you want and they both have rather handy rewards at max rep, and some great frames.

For farming focus, the simple answer is to just pound out a lot of ESO with whatever lenses equipped, but also you might want to not do that because it gets really mind numbing after a few days of doing nothing but that.

The more precise answer is you have two good options. The first is building up a decent Saryn and then slapping the strongest tier lens you can make on her and whatever single weapon you'd like to bring in with her. Only the one weapon, for focus gathering efficiency based off of how affinity gain works. Then you go to town being the most warcrime happy Saryn you can be and hope for small tilesets with grineer on as many eso waves as possible. The second option is to start doing tridolon hunts regularly, the more you can cram into a night the better but the cores they drop give Big Focus so I never tried to go beyond three runs a night and mostly only ever did two a night. Eidolon cores do completely ignore your daily focus cap though, so if you get real good there you can get a ton of focus in spurts.

What I would suggest is doing this somewhat casually instead of focusing on it. Your mr is only going to let you gather so much focus a day through eso and eidolons are only available so often. This is a far less arduous process if you just do one or two dolon runs a day, only one or two eso runs a day, imo.

E: vvv To my knowledge, no, not yet.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Aug 2, 2020

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
I missed the stream by an hour, so there's no way I will ever be able to get that gun is there?

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It'll show up on baro most likely, just a long time from now.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Everything (except the founder stuff) comes back eventually.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I think new Sedna is better focus farm nowadays. I did one Adaro run with sleepquinox and got 200k affinity (with double xp event and an affinity booster). But still, if you're able to handle SP, you might consider selkie (sedna survival)

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

space marine todd posted:

I'd say pick a handful of things you can vary between. You don't really need to overload yourself trying to do everything, but i'd suggest at least some variety or a singular grind will likely burn you out from tedium. Doubly so if you're just doing the grind begrudgingly as a means to quickly get something specific.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

I just realised Twitch logged me out randomly yesterday and I didn't notice :negative:

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
They said there'd be another way to get the Athodai handcannon. But no more details than that. Could be a Baro. Could be a Deimos build. Could be in a Nightwave store. Would not hold my breath (and sympathies on missing it)

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Dareon posted:

You saw the last screenshot I posted, right? Which crime is worse?

Nah its all right man. Just clean both things and do it steadily

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Athodai is pretty decent but I really don't see myself dumping forma into it. Its gimmick (headshot kill = increased RoF and infinite ammo) and shallow ammo pool means it sucks vs meatier foes and it has godawful recoil too.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

And Tyler Too! posted:

Athodai is pretty decent but I really don't see myself dumping forma into it. Its gimmick (headshot kill = increased RoF and infinite ammo) and shallow ammo pool means it sucks vs meatier foes and it has godawful recoil too.

Press scroll wheel down. Small range but ohgod the damage

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

so transference can hold on giant fuckoff Orokin robots, huh

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If you don't like ESO for focus, this is the technique to do it on sedna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGUe_aY4hyM

You should cap your focus gain in, at worst, 15-20 minutes.

e:since Simaris rep will be a thing you want soon, scan the unaware enemies as well.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Khablam posted:

e:since Simaris rep will be a thing you want soon, scan the unaware enemies as well.

Steel path and lich missions are actually great passive standing gain for simaris. Higher level enemies = more per scan.

if you can get 100 off basic enemies and you're in for, say, at least 5 minutes for a survival? It adds up.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Prop Wash posted:

I think what they're going for is that Mirage's 3 is +weapon damage while standing in light, but that normally you don't actually get the displayed amount because her 3 actually depends on how MUCH light there is (according to the wiki, anyway). The theory is that Fire Walker would give her permanent max damage because it would generate light, which I'm not sure would work because the wiki claims that it's "environmental lighting" and I don't know if Fire Walker counts as that or as dynamic lighting or what. Maybe they've already tested it!

In any case I'm very excited for Mirage post-patch. Since DE already confirmed that you can swap out skills from only certain configs I'll be able to have my cake and eat it too, by which I mean I'll be able to swap out her 2 for my melee-focused build and keep her 2 for my Bom build.

There was actually a big old eidolon hunting mirage build that went around a while ago that outperformed chroma:

The gimmick was that if you lit yourself on fire with a heat proc you always counted as 'in light' so could claim the damage bonus.

I'm not sure how they addressed/changed it with the self damage going away, but I think the zaw method still works?

one of these two videos, forget which.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItbdDIB_dkc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J4Isadjaks

But yeah. If you can make yourself count in light all the time, amazing things are possible.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

My speculation on powers sublimation is basically this, but its all speculation and i might be wildly wrong.

1's and 2's are going to be the primary thing that you can grab/steal, unless they suck and/or are specialized.
Exalted weapons are a no-go.
Things that rely on exalted weapons are an o go, but signature things maybe evaluated on a case by case basis.
Some powers might be passives if they don't make sense - like what do you do for octavia and grendel?
We DO know that there's some custom powers (from pablo's twitter) in case the frame just doesn't have anything applicable.
Ults are straight out.
Saryn's molt is stealable, so I think DE is going to lean -away- from all the +damage augment powers (shock, fireball, spores, etc) (unless for basic elements maybe)

I haven't gone through the full list but here are my thoughts:
Octavia: Inspiration.
I think that Venari is a contender for Khora. Whipclaw is too good, ensnare has interactions with whipclaw, but its also a contender.
Grendel: Definitely going to be something new. None of his powers are good.
Wukong: Its probably cloud walker, but it might be celestial twin since that's the railjack power.
Nekros: Its soul punch or terrify. Terrify sounds great.

Ash/loki/ivara: They're either going to shy away from widespread invisibility powers, embrace them, or make it the worst option. I think the spread is going to be Smoke Bomb, Decoy, Navigator.

Excalibur: Radial blind. There's no way its slash dash. I don't think its radial blind due to expected outrage.
Hildryn: pillage. It can't be balefire, though that would be neat to steal her arm cannon, and I don't think its haven.
Inaros: Pocketsand.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So I know this is like the least cool new thing that was revealed so far but apparently the new player experience is coming out at the same time with the update.

I just got my wife into the game so I was just curious if anything more was mentioned about it and if someone already started playing are they missing out on the new stuff?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So I know this is like the least cool new thing that was revealed so far but apparently the new player experience is coming out at the same time with the update.

I just got my wife into the game so I was just curious if anything more was mentioned about it and if someone already started playing are they missing out on the new stuff?

Steve explicitly confirmed you'd be able to play (and replay) it as a veteran player.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
The emissary boss fight in steel path mode can go gently caress itself, 24 minutes of just pushing its poo poo in

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Stupid forums updating while I was posting.

I like the new Infested big dakka cannon, it's nicely gribbly. Hope it's better than Shedu.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Some goons and I did it faster, mostly it benefits from some melee specced for combo, and something like Nezha for a damage boost. (honestly, Chakram makes a lot of rough SP stuff a little quicker). And a Mesa or Protea or something to wipe the heals off. I think Magus Lockdown works until his scripted jumps.

EDIT : Did have a hilarious Lephantis where all the heads were dead, but the body wasn't because of some weird HP calc, so it was just butt-slamming while we chipped it down to dead (despite the health bar showing as invincible it still took damage and you could see the health lower)

Tylana fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 3, 2020

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

How do one gets in it anyway? Afair he was accessible with some drops from emissary missions and you needed two of those to access him?
Only done him once and now literally pulling my hair out

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Wiki says there's a key BP you can buy from the market.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Tylana posted:

Wiki says there's a key BP you can buy from the market.

I'm an idiot (nothing new here tho)
Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I haven't booted up Warframe in months but I have been claiming all of these boosters on twitch. Do those activate immediately when you claim them or do they activate when you first log in after claiming them? If I log in now will I have a weeks worth of boosters stacked up or are all of those already gone except the most recent one?

Asking because if that's the case, I don't want to launch Warframe until just before the upcoming update.