Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

The Moon Monster posted:

How do they decided how much affinity enemies give anyway? Compared to Corpus and Grineer it feels like Murmur have 10x the effective hp and give 1/10th the affinity.

I feel like it's based on armor considering the grineer have always been the only ones worth even looking at for affinity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I was looking to see if I had a prime inaros then went to the new SP Deimos mission and realized I'm still using my randomly modded Inaros. And he did pretty good.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I haven't played the new update but holy poo poo improvements for finding the demos in disruption :eyepop:

As a non-sound player I am v. happy to see this.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Yeah, people are always impressed at how bad I am at telling which direction a sound is coming from, so the changes are a huge improvement for me.

Nalesh posted:

I feel like it's based on armor considering the grineer have always been the only ones worth even looking at for affinity.

Grineer are the best, but Corpus are still way better than, say, Murmur or Deimos Infested. And actually the dax in Duviri probably give the most in the game for regular-rear end enemies and they have no armor OR shields.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Eximus enemies have a massive affinity multiplier too. The Eximus Stronghold modifier in sorties is like a giant affinity piñata.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Mr Newsman posted:

I haven't played the new update but holy poo poo improvements for finding the demos in disruption :eyepop:

As a non-sound player I am v. happy to see this.

It was needlessly poor design, especially since the sound could easily be drowned out by other noise.

'bout time they fixed it.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
Yeah just ran a few rounds and it's a massive improvement to the mode imo.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I just know that even though it's random so you don't know what you're getting the best affinity gain in the game is the SP Circuit, but if you can futz around and get a weapon you have, you can explode your affinity gain for the day. Though it's mostly only good rep and operator powers.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

My initial thoughts on the Inaros rework after a day of play, having been one of those sickos who played the poo poo out of him before the glow-up:

1 - It's ok? QoL improvement of seeing a big (kind of lore-weird Nezha-style spear with no energy-coloring, always bright orange) indicator through finisher-viable enemies is cool, but you don't really need it because
2 - Sandstorm's cool as poo poo. I don't know if it's "good" even though I get the sense that Elemental Sandstorm might be useful for priming, it's a pretty cozy ability between the invulnerability + having the heal component you used to get from his 1. The only goofy part I'd want to see changed is that it's not a toggle, it's a press-and-have-a-duration, which makes it feel a little jankier to use if you want to cover a lot of ground (which btw you'll be doing with your minimap only, you can't see poo poo while you're stormspinning). Also it's slash procs, we love those folks, we especially love those while everyone's playing Dante and instantly consuming them for you.
3 - Like his 1, the least interesting parts of his new kit are what he kept from his old kit. Just bog-standard boring-rear end "get armor for health" but the built-in status immunity makes it also very cozy
4 - Max health damage on a frame you build to be a big beefy boy. Corrosive! Sand cats! Room-wide CC! I love it.
Passive - I have not used it yet because Inaros, as I had him built, had over 7k base hp and was getting ~800 armor from his 3 before Molt Augmented started ticking up (oh yeah the armor scales with Ability Strength now)

Verdict: Still not sure if he's necessarily going to blow your mind, I leave it to the geniuses of content creation to come up with the real degenerate builds but right now if you wanted to play Inaros but needed a reason to press a button other than "charge armor at start of mission" you've got that now. Also he does 3 damage types with his abilities by default (true on 1, slash on 2, corrosive on 4) with the option to do...all your equipped weapons' damage types with his 2 if you mod for it, I think? I say: Check him out. His agile animation set is still the best in the game.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Anora posted:

I just know that even though it's random so you don't know what you're getting the best affinity gain in the game is the SP Circuit, but if you can futz around and get a weapon you have, you can explode your affinity gain for the day. Though it's mostly only good rep and operator powers.

I think spc is the best focus in the game now, especially since unlike eso you're also getting a lot of other valuable rewards. One thing I started doing with spc was leaving good frames/weapons at 0 after formaing them, then getting them to 30 next time I saw them come up in the circuit. Usually you get them back to max after like 2-3 rounds in spc, so it goes quick.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Evolution 4 for the onos is bugged, it doesn't track unlock progress.

And even if it did, who the hell thought it'd be a good idea to make an unlock condition something you're most likely done with by the time you have the weapon.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Dropped into an Omnia fissure, do 5 minutes of survival, get a glaive blueprint. Good mode imho

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Was there some influential youtuber who made a "It's cool to not wait until everyone has 10 reactant to cram batteries into the second excavator" video recently? Because lately I've gotten a bunch of groups doing that.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Agents are GO! posted:

Was there some influential youtuber who made a "It's cool to not wait until everyone has 10 reactant to cram batteries into the second excavator" video recently? Because lately I've gotten a bunch of groups doing that.

Most pubbies simply do not understand how fissures work

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Agents are GO! posted:

Just tell them at the start of the mission. Most listen in my experience

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
There's also " where the gently caress were you that we got 10 reactant and you didn't"

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

The rare but infuriating "titania nuked the entire extermination objective before anything corrupted"

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

BMan posted:

The rare but infuriating "titania nuked the entire extermination objective before anything corrupted"

Many are calling her "the Limbo of exterminate"

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

BMan posted:

Mesa and ember are frequent perpetrators of this, as well

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Anora posted:

Yeah, copius amounts of Dax and eximus make it a great farm when you're actually able to use it. Sucks that you need at least one item with a lens to trigger those focus pickups.

BMan posted:

Most pubbies simply do not understand how fissures work

fixed

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 28, 2024

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
By the way if you're doing the new Murmur Disruption, some notes on the Demolishers:

- They only spawn as Demolisher Voidrig and Demolisher Bonewidow, no other enemy types

- These Demolishers DON'T have the nullifier pulse which negates Abilities. Particularly strong is that Banshee can stack piles of Sonar on them and they can't wipe it. Gloom works as usual.

- They have a screwy amount of armor in SP, and unlike normal demos, Amalgam Argonak and Shattering Impact don't seem to remove armor. 14 Corrosive stacks also does not full-strip armor, I tried.

- If you fully scan these Demos, they still CAN'T be spawned in Simulacrum, which makes testing them difficult.

- They have a ludicrous level of Damage Attenuation. DA caps at 90% on normal Demolishers and this feels like it goes way beyond that. It is possible to one-shot them with a Condition Overload heavy attack if you prime them with Secondary Encumbered first, but if you or anyone else deals them more than a few hundred damage first, your heavy will only deal like 10% of their health tops.

- For now, true damage from Energy Vampire fucks them. Possibly Reave too?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if they dont do the nullification pulse it opens up a ton of options tbh.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Laetum annihilates them on normal path at least, haven't tried SP yet.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Zero VGS posted:

By the way if you're doing the new Murmur Disruption, some notes on the Demolishers:

- They only spawn as Demolisher Voidrig and Demolisher Bonewidow, no other enemy types

- These Demolishers DON'T have the nullifier pulse which negates Abilities. Particularly strong is that Banshee can stack piles of Sonar on them and they can't wipe it. Gloom works as usual.

- They have a screwy amount of armor in SP, and unlike normal demos, Amalgam Argonak and Shattering Impact don't seem to remove armor. 14 Corrosive stacks also does not full-strip armor, I tried.

- If you fully scan these Demos, they still CAN'T be spawned in Simulacrum, which makes testing them difficult.

- They have a ludicrous level of Damage Attenuation. DA caps at 90% on normal Demolishers and this feels like it goes way beyond that. It is possible to one-shot them with a Condition Overload heavy attack if you prime them with Secondary Encumbered first, but if you or anyone else deals them more than a few hundred damage first, your heavy will only deal like 10% of their health tops.

- For now, true damage from Energy Vampire fucks them. Possibly Reave too?
I can confirm all of this. I used Styanax and no armor strip.

Helter Skelter posted:

Can confirm this too. My teammates had laetums and killed fast in SP. Nothing seemed to bother them otherwise. Kinda frustrating.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Helter Skelter posted:

I just threw together a cold/rad condition overload build for my Butt Tar Kuva Chakhurr in 20 seconds and it wrecks them pretty easily. They're way weaker than, say, netracell necramechs.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

The Moon Monster posted:

Yeah, copius amounts of Dax and eximus make it a great farm when you're actually able to use it. Sucks that you need at least one item with a lens to trigger those focus pickups.

fixed

I thought the Thrax focus was direct to your school regardless? But have not tested.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

The Moon Monster posted:

I just threw together a cold/rad condition overload build for my Butt Tar Kuva Chakhurr in 20 seconds and it wrecks them pretty easily. They're way weaker than, say, netracell necramechs.

I can kill them no matter what in about 6.0 seconds as Kullervo, but if I'm doing 95% of the party's damage or if everyone else is pulling their weight it takes the same time. It feels like the Damage Attenuation is set up to essentially time-gate the encounter, like "DE don't give a poo poo, it's gonna take 6 seconds minimum". The Attrition bonus multiplier from Laetum is on record for straight up ignoring Damage Attenuation formulae (same for the Attrition perk on the rifle and shotgun) but other than that you need to do all the damage in a single hit with 12x heavy or maybe Kuva Hek, otherwise forget it.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i mean that's basically the point of damage attenuation, to deny you the benefits of gearing / build optimization without actually looking like they nerfed player damage.

and honestly "we want our boss fight to last at least six seconds" is not an unreasonable expectation in the greater scheme of things :v:

i just wish it weren't so mixed messages compared to, you know, the entire rest of the game

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Six seconds is about accurate to my experience too, using an Atomos (i don't feel like aiming okay).

But if they're vulnerable to Gloom, six seconds is going to be more than enough time.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Any SP necramech gives you trouble, you hit em with one of these

https://i.imgur.com/VeySWVM.mp4

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
The weight of his sins is... epic.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

BMan posted:

Any SP necramech gives you trouble, you hit em with one of these

Right but if 4 people are in your party and you do that same thing he's gonna have 3x the health:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Demolisher

quote:

Demolisher health scales with squad size. +50% health with a squad of two, +100% with a squad size of three, and +200% health with a squad size of four.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Tylana posted:

I thought the Thrax focus was direct to your school regardless? But have not tested.

It is, but if you can use a lensed piece of gear in SP circuit you're probably going to be getting a lot more focus from that than you are from Thrax. You can probably hit the daily cap in a wave or two if you get something like defense or excavation.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

Right but if 4 people are in your party and you do that same thing he's gonna have 3x the health:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Demolisher

Put wrathful advance on voruna's 4 instead and do precision intensify, along with her 1 it causes heavy attacks even from a dagger to do the funny number:

(They're weak to rad and cold)

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
I just noticed, Loid's "Research Dante" menu lets you buy a new Simulacrum, which allows you to summon enemies 25 levels higher than your limit. I'm LR3 and busting out level 220 enemies to test on.

Nalesh posted:

Put wrathful advance on voruna's 4 instead and do precision intensify, along with her 1 it causes heavy attacks even from a dagger to do the funny number:

(They're weak to rad and cold)

I'm trying that in Simulacrum on some Grineer and I'm getting 2 million, not 2 billion. Also if you dealt that much how does it have still have 50% health in the screenshot? Doesn't make much sense because I have three Tau Purple on my Kullervo, so he's at 7.7x crit multi and over 600% crit chance and doesn't get anything like that for damage. On paper that should exceed Voruna's flat CD x the flat CC.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

The real problem with this mission is the key drop rate, there's never a chance to do multiple conduits at once so you might as well be soloing.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

I just noticed, Loid's "Research Dante" menu lets you buy a new Simulacrum, which allows you to summon enemies 25 levels higher than your limit. I'm LR3 and busting out level 220 enemies to test on.

I'm trying that in Simulacrum on some Grineer and I'm getting 2 million, not 2 billion. Also if you dealt that much how does it have still have 50% health in the screenshot? Doesn't make much sense because I have three Tau Purple on my Kullervo, so he's at 7.7x crit multi and over 600% crit chance and doesn't get anything like that for damage. On paper that should exceed Voruna's flat CD x the flat CC.

(Notice the minus, the ui really does not like big numbers)

High level grineer are generally more armored than necramechs afaik, and it is also partially armor stripped thanks to amalgam argonak.

My wrathful advance gets +626% crit chance(so +726 with her 1), +4.46 crit dmg from her 1

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Nalesh posted:

(Notice the minus, the ui really does not like big numbers)

High level grineer are generally more armored than necramechs afaik, and it is also partially armor stripped thanks to amalgam argonak.

My wrathful advance gets +626% crit chance(so +726 with her 1), +4.46 crit dmg from her 1

I thought it only does negative if you exceed the 2 billion figure? Or does it display that anyway if it glitches with lower damage?

You have 626% strength on your Wrathful? Because subsumed it is half effectiveness. Also according the the wiki if you're above 100% crit, it completely ignores her 1's crit chance contribution.

Also I don't think Amalgam Argonak does any strip at all. It absolutely can't full strip them before they die and my attack speed is at the game engine's cap from 4 speed mods plus Warcry.

Guess how much I sold that for?

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 29, 2024

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015
I haven't tried other Disruption nodes since the patch, but I don't hate this. Actually getting a brief waypoint marker tells me exactly where I need to be going, instead of standing around like an rear end in a top hat waiting for a distant beep to start. As tough as the demolishers sound like on SP, the regular version is pretty reasonable. If anything the necramechs are TOO fragile. Farming up Dante is going to be a breeze. If tracking down demolishers on the other nodes is this easy now, I think I'm okay with Disruption now.

Also, while the laboratory is old news, I'm reminded that I really love this tileset. Great ambiance and visuals, the new enemy faction isn't obnoxious power creep, hilarious amounts of destructibles, and the pissed off drones using their Rebuild the Great Wall of China Beam to fix all the damage never gets old. The new fog helps a lot too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

BMan posted:

The real problem with this mission is the key drop rate, there's never a chance to do multiple conduits at once so you might as well be soloing.

Yes! And putting the weapons on rotation B is also annoying. Just put everything on C :argh:

Yeah you can get B rewards indefinitely, but then you'd be missing out on the drops from the demo mechs...