Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Neurolimal posted:

I know this was from page one, but I wanted to use it as a springboard for a gripe of mine: I really don't like how most of the female warframes look.

This isn't specifically a social justice-ish issue either, I just feel that they're a lot less focused in their designs than most of the male warframes (like Loki, who is crazy focused in his design and imitation of ninja garments down to the organic Gi, or Excalibur and his fencing suit, or Frost's thick nobleman-esque jacket that's fitting for a heavy spellcaster), and are mostly just "Muscular Naked Lady with weirder head/fur mane/claws/etc." (though I do appreciate that they actually do have some visible muscle in their weird moldy ninja getup, big step up from most games.)

Saryn is probably the most focused of them though, and I definitely dig the weird pustule-covered gauntlets, and Mag is a close second.

As someone who's worn a full fencing outfit at least once in his life: how do you figure on Excalibur?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Warframe crashed for me, for the first time ever :/

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Schubalts posted:

Wow, there are actually people complaining that you can trade mods and keys for other players' Platinum. There's even a thread with some guy trying (poorly) to drum up a boycott of trading. :psyduck:

Be glad you can't see council chat. One guy straight up said he'd quit if trading was implemented, because then people wouldn't "earn" their space ninja video game ability card data.

Please note, new players, that this person paid one hundred dollars to play Warframe. Please, trade for everything you can.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Did anyone notice this?

If Ember Prime is too hard to farm up, you can get here! For money!

At least 79.99USD in money!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

Hell, make it raise Stalker ghosts from each corpse it revives. Even if they do poo poo damage to enemies at least it would be something unique. And a hell of a spectacle too.

new feature added in patch: Stalker vocal clips

glitch: Stalker summons always go through full sequence of voice clips, just like real Stalker

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

hooah posted:

Ok, thanks. The percentage was fairly self-explanatory. Except, what happens with >100% crit chance?

Red crits. I think they further increase the crit multiplier but I'm not sure exactly. The wiki is kind of vague on them.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

So when it asks me to be part of the Steam economy, is that just for Winter Sale rewards or are we potentially selling mods/materials/etc. on the marketplace soon?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

That's honestly really frustrating - I wish all the alt helmets for a frame supported the different body "types" (Prime, Phased, there's nothing else I guess).

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

JackMackerel posted:

I thought the Ignis was OP from the very beginning, just that the Dera was a piece of poo poo that's now much, much better?

I'm kinda hoping they introduce alternate, cosmetic models for poo poo like the Braton, Grakata, and Dera. I want to be a snowflake.

Little cosmetic model poo poo like scopes, magazines, etc. would be kinda cool. No effect on the weapon, just something to further distinguish yourself. That's a cool idea.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

evilentity posted:

They really should make some proper loving skins. I wanted to buy rhino one, but its just different texture thats barely noticeable. There are plenty of F2P games that make bulk of its cash from various cosmetic stuff.

Double whammy: on Rhino you should have Iron Skin up 24/7, making the alternate skin more or less hidden.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I could make every single accumulated piece of poo poo I have in the Foundry if I didn't have credits in the way. At some point I had three hundred thousand of the loving things. Now I'm lucky to have thirty thousand (that immediately get spent).

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Golgozor posted:

So, is it just me or is there no reason to use any melee weapon beside Gallatine (barring novelty)? That's kind of sad.

No, they're pretty much all poo poo. Punching dudes clean in half with a Furax/Kogake/etc. however, is loving awesome. So there's that.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Cash money for weapons is a poo poo deal all around. If you're dying to, though, I would do:

Soma primary (I don't think you can equip it if you're not rank 6 though)
Twin Gremlins secondary (this is my personal opinion, but they're annoying to farm and good against all factions)
Galantine melee (one of the few melee weapons worth using)

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Coldbird posted:

Listen, they're Grineer, not rocket scientists. What's a few catastrophic explosions of gore between friends? Just clone up a new torso and limbs.

This is where Heavy Gunners come from.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Did the latest Warframe updates make anyone else's processor start making GBS threads itself? Warframe seems to like to peg my processor at 100% now, and it's causing some heat issues :(

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You could try the Burston for something different. You can purchase the Strun for credits, but that takes entirely different mods as a shotgun. I think the Grakata is fun, but nobody else seems to enjoy it...

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

chumbler posted:

I formaed the drat thing. Do I win?

Yes. Here is your whip, with which to beat the poo poo out of yourself with, you sadist.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Is your Sentinel swiping kills? The Sweeper is particularly bad about it.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Afurises may have the most skewed fun:effectiveness ratio of all weapons in the game. It's straight up fun to dump 70-90 rounds in two seconds, wasting half your ammunition but drat well knowing EVERYTHING died.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I wish we had more Uniques. I'd love a mod that adds penetration to only bolt weapons, or range to the range-limited weapons like the Synapse and Ignis, or increased bleed procs on Grineer weapons, or other neat poo poo like that.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

The Twin Gremlins don't dump their magazines as fast as the Afuris, and Twin Vipers empty their mags too quickly. The Afuris is an excellent last-ditch melt-this-dude-now weapon. Niche as hell, but hey!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

AndroidHub posted:

Warframe pubbies are pretty dumb, but who would honestly think that it's a bad idea in any capacity?

It enables people to get things quicker, you see. Quitting at wave 5 because something worthwhile dropped and needing to use another key is an Important Gameplay Experience you fucker *has spent 500 dollars on Warframe*

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

hooah posted:

Sorry, but no one really cares about credit alerts. Especially spy ones.

:thejoke:

e: how did I not see the post above me, gently caress

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

nacon posted:

Some Tenno has just been piling up Braton MK-1s, Latos, and Skanas. Literal mountains of them that will cascade out into the dojo if a door is ever opened.

The pressure builds. We tell some scrub we found on a Corpus ship to sweep up the dojo, he picks the wrong door. Sixteen Skanas shoot out, instantly killing him.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Fish Noise posted:

Seriously, hitch a ride past Earth, not through every single point on it. Warframe's always had problems with new player gating, and until that changes (it's not), skipping around the entire solar system is normal and preferable.

It would be nice if Luna was a planet branching off of Earth/Venus. It could drop Neural Sensors, maybe? There needs to be another place that drops those goddamn things.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

BarkingSquirrel posted:

This just plain isn't fair.

I'll think of you when I forma my Excal Prime again.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Glidergun posted:

Is it just me or is the king-of-the-hill capture four points mission on Earth completely loving impossible?

You can't split up one to a point, because you get swarmed and killed by Grineer and also it is hard to clean them out of all the cover they can hide behind. You can't move as a group, because any point you leave undefended is going to get recaptured instantly. Maybe splitting up two-and-two would work, but good luck organizing that with pubbies.

How in the world are you supposed to beat it? I can see this being somewhere as an optional challenge mission, or blocking access to an especially challenging area...but to gate your entire goddamn game behind one of these?

If you're low-level/unmodded, I advise just letting the Grineer have one point. I usually pick D on the one map where D is totally enclosed. If you get ahead of the Grineer you only need two points, if you're 100% sure you can hold them by watching the terminals.

I think I'm the only person that likes Interception.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

ElegantFugue posted:

How have people failed that many ciphers :psyduck:

Some of the dual-position cipher pieces only have one "right" configuration. That caused a few failures for me.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Washin Tong posted:

And some people are just dumb. I asked one pubbie that was running around Saturn's final planets why was he still using an MK-1 instead of buying a different gun and he explained that he wanted to get Nekros before spending resources on anything else. All I could say is "Go for it lil' buddy :thumbsup:"

:stare: jesus dude, priorities.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

necrobobsledder posted:

If pulling out melee weapons lets you block incoming fire better, we will probably pick up swords more. I figure if in a fantasy game like the Witcher you can deflect arrows as an enhanced human as a Tenno you can deflect goddamn machine gun rounds with your blades. I find it hard to believe that we're thousands of years in the future and the largest military force in the galaxy will continue to be heavily reliant on melee weapons against enemies that are melee gods and goddesses.

You already can, kind of - hold block for a second in front of gunfire. It's not perfect, but the animation is there.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

Here's a question for you guys, do you ever sell weapons? or do the goons playing since like, early open beta have one thousand odd slots?

I have like... 60 weapons total, I think. I sell anything I think was unfun/lovely and keep Good, Fun Guns.

Like the MK1.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

explosivo posted:

I'm still super new at this game and have no idea what any post in the last 2 pages mean, but am having a blast. Is it just me though or does every pubbie play this game like it's a goddamn race? I swear to god every match is just everybody trying to finish first with most of the crates and chests that have loot completely ignored. I'll take my time looking everywhere for loot and get to the end with everybody doing flips on walls and trying to cut each other right outside the escape pods. :psyduck:

Honestly, most of the "loot" in missions is not very worthwhile, even as a newbie.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Fat_Cow posted:

Dumb question, but do I have to have a side arm present to create my Bolto? Since my Lato is my only sidearm currently and my friend stated I needed to at least have one.

It used to be that way, but not anymore - you can go into a mission without a secondary now. Or a primary. I think you can choose to ditch your melee weapon, too?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

TheMostFrench posted:

Out of everything this seems the most logical. The sentinel is your shield-charging, pickup-grabbing buddy. DE seem really focused on the whole dogs thing at the moment so we have to wait and see what they're good for.

Dogs will bring you pickups, but there's a button-mashing tug-of-war game to get them unless you have made the Tenno Obedience Collar (15 cells, 10 argon crystals, 400 oxium, 3 forma).

The Obedience Collar Prime (BP is a T4 Defense 15th wave reward) paper-trains the dog.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I have no idea why but I have heard so many people pronounce aegis as ay-jee-yus. Where are they getting that last syllable from?

Idiocy.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CrashCat posted:

No checkpoints in Defense? How do you cut and run then? Or are you just stuck there for 40 waves or something?

No? You can still leave every 5 waves.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I thought the flux rifle guys just got buffed... they've been more murderous than usual.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Tenno honour.

I dunno what's worse, that phrase or the fact that some pubbies will buy into it.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Shotguns are not particularly good but you're going to continually switch weapons for Mastery points so go for it.

(Also they're not good, but they ARE fun. Get a Sobek.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

You'd be happier overall slotting it into a Prime, but BPs are not that rare and they're only, what, 40 plat to buy?