Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Feindfeuer posted:

Anyone checked the Codex entry for Excalibur yet? That's more background info on the setting than we got in a long time and it's all hidden behind one, single entry that probably most people don't bother to look up, as it's just a standard starter warframe.

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over, unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The Blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We build a frame around them, a conduit for their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our savior. Warrior Gods cast in steel and fury, striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend.

Excalibur was the first.

-Orokin 'Warframe' Archives

At least I've not seen/read that before.

So Warframes are chaos marines, twisted by some other universe; a warp if you will. And we are being sent by some force to destroy a stagnant empire that uses cloned troops to enforce its will on the galaxy. Sounds original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
Has anyone found the mystery third race in the game files with this push ? Allegedly they pushed a bunch of new wire-frames into the pack in 11.3. Currently on the road and can't check.

Would be great if they add a Zerg 'Orkin' race. Just to complete this wh40k ripoff plot.

nm, was just antimoa. whelp

Hal_2005 fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 29, 2013

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Korhal posted:

What about the Dakra prime? I was looking at it earlier and it seems to be a single blade high regular attack damage longsword that hits multiple targets. I planned on making one and forma'ing it for fun because I'm tired of spamming charge attacks with the Orthos.

mostly a trophy weapon. The single melee attack is ok if you are room clearing small creep but useless on 120+ mob. def's or survivals.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

That is correct, and they'll likely show up in nightmare mode sooner or later as well.

Yeah, some Russian we were just line-running with confirmed their flags in the API derived loot table drops. They just have a current "if you hit a toxin drop code, please pull a RNG elemental drop".

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

randombattle posted:

I dunno it will at least be interesting if they are letting you pick attack directions and stuff like mount and blade style. Also was 2.0 really that bad? Seems good to me in making armor penetration not 100% mandatory all the time.

The 2.0 was supposed to force players to have special weapon combos & weapon builds for specific mobs or racials. Instead all we got is more of the same: Stack a FOTM damage type and max your crit.

The 2.0 wallpapered over a bigger problem with this game which is at the end the Ninja Gaiden online we were pitched is nothing but the same 5 stock maps, recycled over 19 zones. All those maps have one of two objectives: 1. Defend a point 2. Run from Point A to Point B.

Raid bosses were a failure, as was objective based play & pvp/Dojo competitions.

Is the game pretty ? gently caress yes
Is it a horrible let down after 15 months of no progression ? gently caress yes, too.

Still worth playing vs. the rest of the "next generation" schlock.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Nordick posted:

So a new update just hit and introduced a new gun, called Drakgoon Flak Cannon.

Now, which one of you guys is secretly a DE employee?

Holy christ, they had better not nerf this gun. PS: To the goon who works at DE, give us a sign and I'll buy you a plat. account, or something.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Doji Sekushi posted:

This.

I don't need more stinking dps.

amen.

Given how buggy/poorly meshed the rooms are in Warframe you do NOT want that shiny super rare card dropping through the floor.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

DelphiAegis posted:

You lazy shits would never fund it anyway. Actually I'm just waiting for a major content update to make me care enough to experiment more with decorations. U13 and Melee 2.meh burned me out pretty well.

:(

Man, PC warframe is really starting to slow down. Very few names on the active roster.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
Hey,

Did we do a Warframe goon guild purge ? Seems I got kicked out, can I get a reinvite ?

In game name Mikhalio

TIA

Hal_2005 fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Feb 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Male Man posted:

Don't do it.

Really. Kubrows are a high-end vanity money-sink thing.

Can confirm. On average its about 3 hours to get a drop, and thats not been the case since patch when it looks like they screwed with some of the drop tables.