Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
Radial disarm also doesn't have a duration, they get disarmed and they are disarmed forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I will admit that I probably wouldn't still be playing this game if I hadn't used some of the plat I got during a steam sale to buy at least a couple weapons/frames starting out, if you have the money to waste or get a really good deal it's pretty reasonable to buy one or two frames and a few weapons, it will end up putting you ahead in terms of progression to at least a small extent, but it's not going to get you to the top right away (you need mods for that). That said, it's important to remember that the only things you are getting from buying them with plat is the 20 plat for the potato and then the 20/6 plat for the frame/weapon slot respectively, the rest of the cost is purely convenience. And I feel like it hasn't been said much if at all, but never, EVER buy resources, mod packs, or key packs with plat, those are basically swindling you out of your funbux. The bundles can also be pretty great, (mostly the sentinel cosmetics and color packs) but remember to weigh what you are getting against the cost of equipping a built version, and a few of them are just objectively bad deals as well. While the stalker pack comes with some neat looking things, it's 600+ plat for one really bad melee weapon, an ok bow, and some really overused throwing knives that probably won't be anywhere near as good come armor 2.0, and a bunch of black/gray paint.

I do wish DE had through their business model through a bit more and given you the ability to add some polarities, or something for some of the exorbitant prices they want for most of the things in the store. After all of this the really important thing to get across is that the only things you can't get in game are weapon/warframe slots, color packs, scarves, and sentinel cosmetics. And these days getting the materials you need for building things really isn't that tough, it's much better than what it was back in june for instance.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Noblesse Oblige posted:

Adding/changing polarities is what Formas do. They're available in the marketplace for pretty cheap (20 plat?), and bps can be obtained from tower rewards or occasional alerts.

You're missing the point of what I was saying, I'm aware of what formas do I've used around 40 of them, I'm saying that the prices on (most) weapons/frames in the store make them almost worthless to people who have played for any length of time, who would much rather build them. However, if you got say 3-4 extra, instant polarities on the 200 plat gun you just bought then some people might actually consider it since that is something that you can only get by grinding up affinity and using formas to reset, which can take weeks. If you're paying premium prices you should be getting a premium product is what I'm saying, which right now in most cases you are just getting swindled, paying what comes out at default plat prices to $15 generally for a single gun.

Of course something like this would probably never happen, because there's plenty of people who have spent plat on weapons and frames and would go apeshit if they didn't get a refund or something.

AndroidHub fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Nov 19, 2013

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I'm hoping that the map is just one part of a better hud in general, because goddamn it is overdue.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I dunno if anyone else has mentioned/discovered this here, but stealth scanning also gives double the codex scans in addition to bonus affinity. So it is practical to do even if you don't care about the affinity (which seems to all go to your frame anyways).

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I'm relatively sure they will go on flash sale at some point, also be aware that each pack comes with affinity and credit amps, which do not stack up if you get multiple packs at once, so if you're gonna get multiple, grab one of them now and then one of the other when they are on sale for christmas. Unless of course you don't care about the boosts (you should though, since they are worth 40 plat each, and pretty useful.)

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

And before any Tenno sympathizer is imprisoned they are made to wear the leotard of shame and a toy lato is glued to their hand to mock them.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Loki doesn't have any poo poo skills :colbert:

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I think DE just needs to balance their resources a bit better, the impression I get is that they have way too many content creators, and not enough people who can actually clean up the messes in the game. So while their modellers and artists are busy making new weapons/enemies/levels, the coders have to spend most of their time integrating the stuff that's made into the game so they can sell it and keep it making money. It's by no means a good excuse for the way they are running things, but that's the impression I get of how warframe's development is going.

Personally I would welcome a month or two of no new stuff and just balancing old stuff, redesigning the boring mission types (like they have been saying they would do since july/august), making the crap frames more useful, giving every weapon a place that it's actually useful. If they are intent on cramming new stuff in every week though, it would be nice for them to add things people would actually use/play like more alternate defense/mobdef maps, in the style of the corpus outpost defense maps, where there's, you know, more than one that you play every single time.

Also they should really get some other voices in on the core design besides Steve and Scott, they have actively voiced how much they like to do things specifically because it annoys people, and they are really quick to claim some of the worst design choices in the game whenever they are brought on on their livestreams.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

For the people who don't understand what's overpowered about mag, it's that her pull does 300 base armor ignoring damage (up to 687 with the right mods) to everything in a 180ish degree arc up to a ludicrous range for as little as 7 energy with no cooldown. Her ult is not what people complain about (and most people I know don't even slot it). If her pull was reverted to how it was in it's previous incarnation I would be extremely happy personally, because I used her a lot back then and to great effect with certain group setups. As she is now she just isn't fun, pull is now 90% damage and 10% crowd control/enemy positioning, which is completely backwards from her design and what the ability is described as.

And the worst part is that the redesign made her two middle skills really useful, and mostly balanced, but who cares when there's no reason to use anything but pull to instantly kill the entire map.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Wheeee posted:

This game is awful on so many levels, yet I keep logging in.

Welcome to Warframe :smith:

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Christ I don't know how they update this fast. I'm actually impressed the game isn't more broken than it is :psyduck:

You're joking, right? DE takes it's sweet time doing just about everything, just because they are releasing a bunch of stuff close together doesn't mean they haven't been working on it for ages. They have been talking about the new hud since July, and I'm pretty sure it's based on a concept posted by a forums user some time back in April/May. And the same goes for just about everything else they talked about on the livestream, all of the grineer bosses besides Kril, Vor, and now Ruk are literally recolored placeholders that have been there for a year or longer (and Vor and Kril do double duty as the bosses of phobos). Alad V and Derelict Golem the only non-grineer bosses that aren't recolors/resizes of other enemies, and I do include jackal and hyena, because they use the same model which has been around since the early development of dark sector. The only thing I can't guarantee we haven't been promised for the better part of a year is the new frame, but the track record for new frames lately hasn't been too good.

I don't mean to sound super salty about this, but everything they added or changed for the better for update 11 has seemingly been reverted, or changed to be worse than it was before. Pre-damage 2.0 there were at least weapons that had the potential to be good all-around and could deal with scaled up heavies, now heavies (and grineer in general) are more durable than ever. Stalker in a solo mission is usually either a restart or revive now, unless you are specifically built for tanking damage (every frame damage reductions/avoidance ability besides bless and absorb is ignored by stalker now, including invisibility and iron skin) and he can oneshot most frames through a fully leveled redirection if that's all they have on.

And we still haven't heard any news about the remakes of the other really terrible mission types that are pretty much only ever played as alerts or to unlock other nodes (rescue, spy, and deception).

It is nice to know that the reason the UI is finally getting improved is because of a new hire that apparently knows what he is doing though.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Clocks posted:

Yeah, while you can definitely say they are focusing on the wrong things, that doesn't mean there's a lack of updates.

Earlier on there was a discussion on whether this game is worth playing despite the bad reviews. The great thing is Warframe is free, and although I've definitely spent money on it, it was mostly on cosmetic stuff or extra slots. This also makes it great because I don't feel pressured to play it like I would a subscription MMO, and I can just put it down and pick it up months later to find a ton of new weapons, frames, tilesets, etc. For example, I stopped playing right around when they had the Nekros announcement devstream and when I came back a week or two ago there were 2 new frames (Nekros and Valkyr, along with a new mag prime and them updating mag to make her not suck), a bunch of new weapons, orokin derelicts, survival mode, and a bunch of other stuff.

If any of my friends asked my opinion on warframe today I would tell them to stay the hell away for at least a half a year, then ask again, the game is incredibly hostile early unless you're going to spend money, and even then it's full of pitfalls once you do spend money. If you play long enough or invest enough money you get to that nougaty center of the dry, rancid truffle that is warframe, but as of now (and as far as I can remember) the price of getting there is too high, be it in money or time spent. But even once you get to the nougaty center, it's really just the same nougat all the time and you will quickly grow tired of eating it over and over.

DE needs to take a long hard look at the plat pricing for frames and weapons, and prices of non-cash services like fusion in addition. The early game is harder than ever starting out since they reduced how many credits you can get from void missions and made it much harder to get those required mods without trading for them. DE may be adding things like frames and weapons, but there have been glaring problems right on the surface of the game that DE has ignored for far too long or even taken steps backwards on. Warframe is a bad game and deserves all of the bad reviews it has gotten, it has the potential to be good, but without much of any sense of direction it could be a long, long time until it gets there.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I quoted you because of the claim that it's free, a game isn't really free when you need to invest an inordinate amount of time to get to a point where it's actually enjoyable for what it is, I've played enough "free to play" games to know that as a fact, you're paying one way or another in most of them. The game is free, the fun parts of it are not.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Fuzz posted:

How is Ash? He seems like he'd be awesome, but all the downing on melee makes me wonder.

I've decided to just say gently caress it and start from scratch on PS4... might not go Excalibur this time and instead try out Loki or Volt... which is easier to level quickly to the point here I can farm up another frame, because none of the three starters particularly interest me?

Unless you are out of other frames to get, don't get him, he is possibly the worst frame after valkyr, everything he does is done by other frames and with more synergy, Loki has a better teleport and invis, the shuriken are just a basic nuke, and his ult isn't really worth slotting. He is maybe alright if you just don't like Loki but want a stealth frame to solo/scan with(though Loki is one of the best frames in the game). To make him better they need to make his shuriken more unique/useful, make his teleport useful in some way (making it just move you a certain distance in direction you're aiming would probably do the trick). And either completely change his ult or make it complete a hell of a lot faster once cast. Every skill he has is lackluster and none of them contribute to a group in any meaningful way.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Elysiume posted:

Energy siphon can only be gotten through alerts, right? I want one.

Yeah, and it's one of the major problems with the early game, all auras are alert only, and considering that an unpotatoed frame gets a third of it's power from the mod it's pretty poo poo all around.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Lemon Curdistan posted:

You won't have to, there's more than enough weapons and frames in the game right now to get you to the highest ML you need to access stuff.

This is pretty bad advice, finish them off, if you play for any appreciable amount of time you'll be annoyed at yourself that you didn't.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

After 300 hours I've never felt like I should have maxed my starter items. Once you get enough mastery to use everything there is literally no benefit to grinding out stupid weapons except to make a tiny number next to your name go up. At rank 10 you can use a third resource extractor at once but you can live without that and there are more than enough fun items to get to 10 anyway without needing to do unfun things.

Well I guess I am talking from the point of view of having nothing left to level (940 hours), at which point you will be annoyed you didn't finish them. I think that not having them sitting there in your profile at rank 19 is worthwhile in a game that is only about leveling your gear and getting more gear, but whatever.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

:siren:Energy Siphon up on Juliet in Uranus on PC for another 51 minutes:siren:

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

BitBasher posted:

I just woke up and missed a PS4 banshee helmet alert by 5 minutes. gently caress me. Only part I needed.

It was probably not the frame component unless that has been changed recently, you can't actually get the warframe components for banshee in alerts, they like to label the alternate helmets at just "Banshee Helmet Blueprint" this may or may not have changed on PC recently, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's still the same.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Piell posted:

The results for the new community melee weapons are in! The top 3 winners are

"Sword and Board"

"Bladed Tonfa"

"Infested Mios"

These all look really good and I'm glad DE can at least seem to judge contests well enough.

I haven't been playing much lately, but what's the deal with the detron? is it actually a good gun? Because it looked like just another shotgun pistol to me when the corpus crewmen were using it.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Has anyone else been having major crashing issues lately? I've tried about 5 times to run some mobile defense in order to get oxium and I've crashed every time, anyone have some idea how I could fix this?

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

You'll have to go Private and invite friends or people out of chat unfortunately. I really wish there was a lobby browser so you could see some basic info (like PING ughh) to choose a game to join or start your own.

It's stuff like this that has really killed my interest when so many updates came and went and they didn't fix really basic stuff like this; there should at least be a "Look for Group" and a "Start a Game" when you click on a node, right now the only thing you can really do is set your ping limit all the way down and hope that the game pulls accurate pings (even at the lowest ping preference I still get tons of games with really bad hosts).

And holy poo poo the game has gone for so long with one of the worst HUDs in anything I've played in the past decade, I know that there's one "on the way" but they have been saying that for 8-ish months. They at least could have modified the existing UI in the mean time.

But I guess it all really comes down to the fact that they don't have a loving design doc (which they are very proud of apparently :psyduck:).

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I gotta say I really, REALLY hate the new markers for the map and HUD, it really feels like they clash with the new hud's style and the old ones would have looked less out of place, oh they also all look the loving same. The new HUD in general needs a lot of work, like while I was playing tonight I didn't even notice there were ability timers because everything is so goddamn small.

Mod stacking would be a lot nicer if you could just click it multiples times to add more of a mod instead of having to pick a number to fuse.

Interception had no enemies show up at all when I tried it, and the rewards were particularly lovely compared to competing modes.

I'm hoping they come up with some hackneyed event to reset some of the starmap soon, because while it's great to be able to farm oxium on an asteroid base tileset, I'd love to have the option of doing it anywhere else.

Aside from the issues with seemingly everything that was changed/added, I think this is a pretty good update. The hud certainly has a lot of problems, but most of them seem like they will probably be changed somewhat quickly (I guess a hotfix that just went out made the minimap bigger?) but it seems like it will be quite good once they get the size and such sorted. The mod stacking is acceptable, and makes fusing a lot simpler. In usual DE style most of the update looks like there was no communication or testing at all before it went out, but hopefully it will be fixed by the weekend.

Also it seems a new Darvo alert is up, reward is a forma like last time, gonna wait to do it till tomorrow myself though, it's got 4 days and 8 hours left on it, so no rush.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I'm amazed this hasn't been posted here yet.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

limited posted:

drat, the developers obviously know their community is full of assholes. I got 'invited' ( Read, blindly invited ) by a pubbie to a high-level planet while I was mashing my way through the foundry. It's deception! Fine, waste my time, I'll waste yours... Some free XP as well, why not?

Scoop up the Datamass, and have a go at dropping it into the void. No luck. Naturally the guy fucks off running ahead too. So when it comes to the console. I climb on the highest wall I can find, and put on some youtube.

You drop the datamass if you go idle for too long, so my elaborate troll failed. I thought I had managed to accidentally glitch it into a wall though, but nope, pubbie scoops it up through the wall. :argh: At least I know to run alllllllll the way back to the beginning and quitting would work better.

I don't get it, are you one of the assholes the community is full of? What is the point of this story? "The devs made it too hard for me to troll this dude who DARED to invite me to a mission, I mean I could have just ignored it or left when I realized I had no interest, but that's for noobs, heh."

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I'm really hoping the "generic abilities" will revitalize some of the less powerful/interesting frames when they are added. I do kind of understand why DE is seemingly so against completely overhauling frames' abilities, different people have different ideas of what abilities are good. If they listened completely to people who call frames like Loki, or Nekros "worthless" I would be a very unhappy camper. Though what it could allow is for some of the somewhat lesser abilities that only the elite few seem to enjoy to be turned into general use abilities, while the frames they came from could get new unique abilities, while still having the option to slot things like, for instance, super jump. And frankly as it stands, most frames have at least one ability that the majority of players consider not worth slotting, whether or not it truly is a worthless skill (like terrify or silence) is up for debate on most of them.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Carecat posted:

Any mastery that gets you closer to Rank 6 for low effort is a good thing.

(bad resource guide)

Tower 1 is only enemies at 20~. You can kill those with some basic mods and survive fine with some extra health and shields modded on to your frame.

This guide is bad enough that I felt the need to edit it and repost it, it is in no way a complete guide now, but it's at least a bit better-

pre:
All resources can drop from crates, lockers, enemies and bosses.
It can be easier to farm resources during an infestation invasion of a planet with the drops you want due to the high spawn rate and ease of killing the melee only enemies on defense and survival.
Any resource farming is best done in Defense/Survival/Mobile Defense. Having a Nekros that is built for mass desecrating (and actually does it) will essentially double your resource yield.

Alloy Plate - Abundant
		Farm in Tower Voids/Venus/Jupiter/Phobos/Sedna/Ceres/Pluto (pretty much wherever has other things you need).
	Nano Spore - Abundant
		Farm in Orokin Derelict/Eris/Saturn/Neptune.
	Control Module - Abundant
		Farm in Tower Voids.
	Ferrite - Common but drops in small quantity
		Farm on Appolodorus, Mercury.
		Also on Earth/Neptune
	Gallium - Common
		Frequent invasion reward, 
		Abundant on Mars as drops (Survival/Defense/Mobdef).
	Polymer Bundle - Common
		Easy to farm with extractor
		Uranus is the best spot for these, it has no "common" rarity resources, so you will get primarily polymer bundles and plastids.
	Rubedo - Common
		Drops in Tower Voids
	Salvage - Common
		Farm in Mars/Jupiter/Sedna, wherever you need other resources
	Circuits - Common but drops in small quantity
		Ceres and Venus are the only places to farm these
	Neurodes - Uncommon
		Frequent invasion reward.
		Rare drop on any boss. Farmable from Lephantis in Orokin Derelict Assassination.
	Morphics - Uncommon
		Slow to farm, use extractor on Mars instead.
		Mars/can easily get 4-8 per 5 waves/minutes in defense/survival
	Plastids - Uncommon.
		Slow to farm, recommend extractor.
		Uranus is once again the go-to spot for these, see Polymer Bundles.
	Orokin Cell - Rare
		Rare drop on any boss.
		Level 15 difficulty: Fairly common drop from General Sargas Ruk on Tethys, Saturn.
		Level 15 difficulty: Common drop from Phorid on Tethys during Saturn infestaion invasion.
		Level 30 difficulty: Common drop from Phorid on Exta during Ceres infestaion invasion.
		1-4 can drop from Lephantis in Orokin Derelict in Orokin Derelict Assassination.
		Can be farmed from Derelict Survival/Defense as regular enemy drops
		Can also be obatined in stacks of up to 3 from some invasions.
	Neural Sensors - Rare
		Only farm is 1-2 a time from Alad V on Jupiter.
		Defense/Survival on Jupiter.

Fieldron and Mutagen Mass can both be easily farmed from invasions. There is no free source of Detonite Injectors.
Forma BPs are frequent rewards from all Tower Void missions.
Catalyst and Reactor BPs can be obtained from alerts and invasions, check after developer livestreams.
I don't recommend using extractors for anything really, they can be nice to have around, but unless you are able to check them 3+ times a day they generally aren't worth it.

AndroidHub fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 11, 2014

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I don't think his heal is very good at all, it's regen and it has travel time to the other players. His ult is good if you build for it, and hallowed ground can be good if you build for it, but the two don't really work on the same set.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Ajax posted:

I am 99.9999% sure desecrate doesn't work on Oxium Ospreys. Their death explosion, either kamikaze or killed by tenno, leaves no corpse for Nekros to work his magic on. I have never been able to get it work, but I'm still not entirely sure because :de:

It doesn't work on any ospreys or orokin shield drones afaik, one of the reasons mods like coolant leak are so rare.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Karnegal posted:

Is there any reason to keep duplicate blueprints? Or should I cash out my extra oberon helmets and what not?

Do it, it's highly unlikely that DE will make blueprints or complete components trade-able, and your foundry will feel so much nicer.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

limited posted:

Glad I'm not the only one who gets these. First time it happened I was all, 'Wooo! Free credits! :toot:' Then couldn't extract. Worst part was when I tried to get a new map, I kept getting dropped into the same game with the same 3 idiots who weren't quitting. :suicide:
Yeah, this happens to me a ton on PC with people who are afk so that I can get through a tandem door or the like, there really just needs to be an option to host a game or join a public game, because there are a ton of mission types that really aren't reasonable to do solo unless you are using really specific setups. A lot of the time though you can get away with setting your ping limit to the minimum and having the game yell at you about it before it lets you host your own mission.

limited posted:

I imagine it's also a marketing thing. Probably hoping people just go, 'Argh, gently caress it' and buy some platinum to get a gun that doesn't suck balls before they learn you can get guns from blueprints easier as you progress through the map. Originally I thought resources were scarce as hell. Now I'm just rolling in stuff that isn't rare drops.

Yeah, I would wager that the vast majority of plat weapon/frame purcahses are by brand new players, excluding new releases. The pricing is just too aggressive to get anyone who hasn't sunk hundreds of dollars on a founder or prime access pack. I would say the monetization is one of the weaker ones I've seen from free-to-play games, people will gladly pay real money for hats and color packs and poo poo in these games, but when you present them with something that can be gotten for a little bit of effort, and a day's wait, they'll they take the way that doesn't cost real money 95% of the time. The prices are just way too outrageous to make casual purchases once you know what it's actually worth in-game.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, I'm leveling the Afuris right now and they are for sure one of the worst secondaries in the game, luckily after them I'm done with all of the bad secondaries.

I also just finished building my zephyr, and tailwind is fun as heck if you slot a ton of power duration, I'll probably end up slotting narrow minded just so I can use fleeting expertise without feeling bad. It does feel like the super jump part of it should make the charge free if you use it right after, because having both parts cost energy is pretty lame and most people will probably just end up jumping regularly so they don't have to do it. I've been wondering it since I saw what her polarities were on the wiki, but why does DE put defensive polarities on aura slots, none of the mods are worth slotting for anything besides the mod power. I mean, some time down the road, sure, maybe there will be defensive polarity auras that aren't hot garbage, but by then anyone who would have cared will have already forma'd it into a tactical slot.

I guess DE really gets my goat with the polarities they put on things (or fail to put on things in the case of most weapons) most of the time. I get that it's a free-to-play model, but when it's polarities that you need it's really just a grind, and there's no way to even throw money at the game to get it done more easily.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Kris xK posted:

I keep hoping they will, but I think the idea got screamed down by the unwashed masses.

Warframe pubbies are pretty dumb, but who would honestly think that it's a bad idea in any capacity?

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Yeah, I really don't like most of that list, because almost all of it is stuff you can craft from the market at any level, the exceptions being-

Vauban - Which can only be built after you gather the parts from alerts (which are completely random as to when they occur).

Soma - Has a high rank requirement, and I guess you can get around that by buying it with plat? (maybe).

Penta- Same as Soma.

I was gonna put the AkStilleto as something I agreed with, but if you're in the clan then it's apparently as easy to build as anything else I guess?(I wasn't paying attention when I built mine.)

Sobek, Kunai, and Hikou, do have moderate rank requirements as well, but I don't really think they are very good or fun in general.

Which is really what I would say is a big part of the problem with DE's monetization of the game, you don't really get a whole lot out of the deal by purchasing weapons and frames with plat. You get the slot and potato the weapon or frame comes with when you buy it with plat, and that's all the value that can't be easily achieved for free otherwise most of the time; 40 plat worth for frames and 26 plat worth for weapons.

If you're really jonesing to spend some plat, use it on slots, cosmetics, potatoes, etc; stuff that you cannot (easily) get for free.

e: IF you're just starting out, then for the love of god play with some goons, get them to ferry you to the planets you need mats from to build whatever it is you want to make, and they will probably help you farm the blueprints and mats you need as well, lots of goons at this point only have mastery as a goal in-between updates. I'm not in goonclan personally for reasons, but I'd be glad to help as well; I'm AndroidHub in-game too, so just send me a friend request or group invite

AndroidHub fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 18, 2014

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I think Steel fiber, Vitality, and Redirection are the only common 10-ranks, which are magnitudes easier to max than rare or uncommon ones (both warframe and sentinel variants), and there's four 10-rank uncommon mods: Serration, Hornet Strike, Equilibrium, and Provoked(lol). The Uncommons take 2/3rds of what a rare takes to get to max (8184 mod power compared to 12276), all things to take into consideration.

I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to use mine on, I might get another heavy caliber and use it on that, but I've got all of the "useful" 10-rank mods to at least rank 8. I might try tainted shell, it's really gimmicky, but it could be interesting I suppose.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Chubbs posted:

When is this Steel Charge thing happening? I can't view the warframe forums link from work.

I would assume after a patch later tonight, last few non-hotfix patches have been after 8pm eastern time, but that doesn't mean this one will be.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

:siren:Vauban Chassis up on Cressida (Uranus) for another 41 minutes:siren:

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Androc posted:

I have a whole bunch of prime parts that I'd be happy to trade for boar prime parts, if we're doing this now.

I've got some boar parts if you've got sicarus or dakra parts (anything besides the bps for either). I'm not in goonclan but I've got the same name in-game as here, so drop me a friend request or w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

Just a reminder, the Devstream is starting in a few minutes.