Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I've been farting around in this game for a while now and it's quite fun, if buggy.

What weapon should I be aiming for as a Nova? I like bullet hoses, run-and-gun and things that reload quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Rescue is buggy and dumb and I wish it'd go away. :(

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

I seem to recall DE mentioning that it's going to be replaced with something else. I tend to avoid them wherever I can, personally.

I'm stuck on one for progression and it's bugged out every single one of the past six runs.

The clincher was when, on the sixth run, we were busy hacking a security panel to open a door, with not a single goddamn enemy in sight, when the prisoner let out the world's loudest croak, fell to the floor in a crumpled heap, and the mission ended in failure.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Experienced the desync bug you guys were talking about for the first time today. It really is quite spectacular when it happens!

Are all Warframe instances hosted peer-to-peer?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I AM THE MOON posted:

brakk has completely replace all shotguns for me. Well, brakk and sweeper.

I looked this up because I really want to mess around with it, and you can't get Brakk any longer? That's really sad.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Is Null Star really that bad? I've been finding that even on enemies it doesn't kill, the stagger buys you time to shoot mans in face.

It also doesn't hurt how power-efficient it is.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Honestly, I'm not really sure anything they add to the game at this point could make the stunts more game-breaking. You can already Zorencopter across a room or perform some really buggy and dumb parkour to zip across the room like a maniac, and some frames can just straight up teleport.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

That doesn't matter if the hitscan is a raytrace from the character model rather than the camera, since the perceived position of the character doesn't align with the actual position of the character under draw order shenanigan conditions.

In the last thread, I distinctly remember comparisons to Monster Hunter.

The game is basically a Western PSO which doesn't look like rear end but has significantly shittier bosses.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Honestly, why are there even mods that straight up increase the raw damage of a weapon?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I'm genuinely trying to figure out how "activate an ability" can result in "place a level 30 weapon in the player's inventory".

I got nothing.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Ah, that makes sense. So they just coded it to temporarily put a pair of high-level melee weapons in your hands, but because this is Warframe, when the ability ended the weapons got dumped into your inventory.

Somehow that's really exactly what you'd expect from DE.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I like the Latron but by god does it make you click like a motherfucker.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Molecular Prime disintegrates groups, is completely overpowered, and causes severe FPS drops. Any Nova not spamming it on big groups isn't worth their salt.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

hooah posted:

No, I feel you on the HUD, too. I can't say about those two games since I haven't played them, but yeah, it feels too... I dunno, clean? Sterile? I would like something a little more organic, I think. Or maybe just a different font.

Just having the goddamn energy bar and powers in the centre of the screen would be a godsend. That new UI can look like whatever the hell it wants, but it needs to be in the game yesterday.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Whoever described Warframe earlier in this thread as video game empty calories was spot on. It's a bad, buggy game with some really asinine design decisions but once you pop you may find it tough to stop.

It deserves almost all of the bad reviews it got and it's also fun to play. That's basically it. The thread title is accurate.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Are there seriously people demanding a furry frame?

How the hell would you even fit a furry frame into the game?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

DE is basically boxed in by some extremely poor design decisions that they made earlier, and scrapping everything is going to be rough because people are already paying into the system.

Sure, they could wipe the system and refund the platinum, but that would make a ton of people just up and quit since the game is nothing but a barefaced Skinner box. There really is no good solution. If anyone isn't comfortable with the idea of Warframe being wonky as poo poo over its entire lifetime, they shouldn't be playing this game long-term or investing too much into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Azzanadra posted:

I have a feeling you didn't really get to know sega.

A company that released an update for PSO2 that literally deleted the contents of players' hard drives until they managed to pull it.