Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I can not stress enough to new players: 95% of the time, I do not give a poo poo how much damage you do or how many dudes you kill or how “useful” you are in the mission - I’ll still only be loosely aware that I’m even playing a game. But if you’ve got a badass skin/syandana/color setup, I will notice and I will snap out of my slack-jawed stupor long enough to slap out a few words about it in chat

everyone post your greatest fashion accomplishment

i'm almost never happy with my three-color palettes (because i suck at color theory) but i'm pretty happy with how this Nidus turned out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Shredder posted:

Fashionframe protip: https://www.canva.com/learn/100-color-combinations/

My main complain is you can't change the textures, so some poo poo will always look like cheap plastic.

thanks, this is awesome and i think i just found a more realized version of my concept on this list, heh

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Ugly Sweater Mirage is a treasure

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

They need to increase the maximum FOV further, so this wouldn't be an issue.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Rexicon1 posted:

It just sucks having spent a good amount of time having made a fun excalibur set with the chromatic thing and then "nah the goons must all use corpro" and kinda takes the fun out of my space dollies game.

Chromatic Blade and Corrosive Projection don't occupy the same slot. The only things it's in contention with are other, worse forms of damage boosting, and a handful of minor utility powers like shared enemy radar (there's another mod that gives it to just you), or health or energy regen (in ludicrously tiny amounts overshadowed by a whole bunch of better options, some of which don't use mod slots at all.)

It is absolutely terrible design that CorPro even exists (and more importantly, that armor scales the way it does in the first place) but the reason people are so adamant about it is that it's a significant benefit with basically no opportunity cost and people still keep turning it into a fight for some reason.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I'd settle for Zenurik's energy regen being an always-on passive instead of something you have to fiddle with every 30 seconds for no actual cost except muscle memory.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Etrips posted:

More newbie questions!
Is there a more ... optimal way of leveling? I'm guessing switching out equipment after I hit 30 on them?
There is a bunch of stuff that I'm not sure I should be part taking in, like the infestations.
Are there daily/weekly stuff that I should be keeping on top of?

The first good leveling spot you'll unlock / be ready for is Hydron, a defense mission on Sedna. It has a small map (so idiot pubbies can't run outside of shared affinity range), an ideal enemy type (Grineer give lots of XP), a decent-ish enemy level, and you can always find a group running it in matchmaking, typically with at least one person who can carry the rest of you if need be.

This is eventually obsoleted by Sanctuary Onslaught mode -- regular Sanctuary Onslaught for leveling warframes, and Elite Sanctuary Onslaught for leveling weapons. (You can't level frames in ESO because it requires a level 30 frame.) These are endless modes where you fight continuously spawning enemies for a little over two minutes, then optionally travel to the next room and do it all over again. The spawn rate is higher than pretty much any other mission in the game and the difficulty steadily increases with each room. (You start around level 20 for regular, and level 60 for elite.) Once you're able to do this you'll never need Hydron again unless you're feeling incredibly lazy, since surviving in Onslaught does require a little more attention and active engagement.

Both of these places are so much faster and more efficient than anything that comes before them that it's not really worth grinding hardcore until you have access to at least Hydron. You'll still want to get to MR 4 for the Hek (or some other low MR weapon that can clear the starchart, if you really hate shotguns for some reason) and some of the story quests might be MR-gated, but unless you're actually stuck because of your MR, don't worry about it too much.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Tallgeese posted:

There was a period where PVP was fun during the beam rework.

Specifically, when Ignis was added and was generally a viable weapon.

The PVP people got upset because people could sneak up on them and hose them down before they could run away and/or twitch-aimbot their opponent to death. In response, DE nerfed Ignis to hell by reducing its range and power severely.

So what you're saying is that the PvP mode very sensibly emphasizes weapons that require aim and precision instead of the AoE flamethrower that hits an entire zip code?

I really need to get around to trying Conclave sooner or later.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

King Plum the Nth posted:

Hi, sorry for the random post but I'm hoping the Warframe thread can help me. I have a family member who loves this game but I don't really know anything about it. I want to get him some premium currency he can use in game for Christmas but I don't want to get a present as lame and out of touch as I actually am. ("I got you some Playmobils because I know how much you love the Legos, boy" :downs:)

So as best as I can tell what he needs is Platinum and he could buy that with a Steam gift card if I get him a one of those -- is that right? The big issue is: what is a useful amount of platinum/money? Like I probably can't spent much more than $40 so would that be worth it?

Pretty much any amount of plat is nice. $5 worth gets you enough to turn a single brand new un-upgraded weapon into an extremely good one, and $50 worth gets you enough to buy a gigantic pile of cosmetic items and rare gear upgrades and probably still have a bunch left to spare.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Awesome! posted:

theres no way to trade credits for endo is there?

No. Credits aren't actually a currency in any real sense, they're just a timesink.

You can however buy completed Ayatan sculptures for plat.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

HundredBears posted:

The wiki tends to be best for that sort of information. It will tell you drop chance and rotation, both of which are nice to know when farming something. For Serration, though, the highest drop chance is in the clan dojo. People have plenty of the basic damage/multishot/elemental damage/critical chance/critical damage mods lying around, so just ask for them in chat and be sure to have a few thousand credits for each mod that you need so that you can afford the trade tax.

In addition, this tool is very handy: https://dropchance.guru/?percent=3.5

I discovered it halfway through writing a probability script in anydice, because I'm a loving nerd. :v:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

animist posted:

are there any good missions to farm credits at low level? I'm mastery 4, just got to jupiter.

(also, does using the vectis prime from twitch make you a scrub? asking for a friend)

Seimeni, on Ceres, is the fastest / easiest way to earn credits until you get access to the Index on Neptune, which pays out literally ten times as much in about the same time.

The Vectis Prime is a very solid sniper rifle, held back only by the fact that sniper rifles are extremely specialized tools and most of the time massive single-target damage is not what Warframe asks of you. I like it for open world stuff, though.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I was really annoyed by the "you're supposed to do it in a team" aspect of Dragon Keys and intimidated (as a newbie) by the idea of trying to do it solo.

Fast-forward to today where I did a bunch of them solo as umbral Nidus and now I'm mostly just annoyed at how much worthless trash is in the corrupted mod drop pool. :geno:

Still, one more thing off my bucket list.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I got CaveAdapted too, thank you very much.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

gaj70 posted:

I see people with a decent fake metallic gold. What are people using for it

This color from the Orokin palette is as close as you can get to the actual gold color used by Prime items:

You can't make things metallic by coloring them, though. It's a property of the item's texture, which is fixed.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Mimesweeper posted:

The Orokin palette has the exact gold they use for the golden bits of prime parts but you can get close with several other palettes, including the above.

It actually doesn't, as far as I know that exact hex code isn't available in any palette. It's just very close.

e: Turns out I was mistaken about the closest possible match. It's not actually in the Orokin palette at all, ironically enough.

The actual Prime gold color is rgb(235,195,90), or #EBC35A. It does not exist in any palette available to players.

The closest match mathematically speaking is in Classic Saturated, fourth column, eleventh row. This color is rgb(229,193,84), or #E5C154.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Dec 16, 2018

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

scissorman posted:

Yeah, I tried again and got matched with another player.
Was substantially easier, at least until they disconnected in wave 5 and I once again got my rear end kicked.

When you first enter the ESO mission, there's a waiting room.

Wait in the waiting room until you have four people.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

And Tyler Too! posted:

I want a Saryn skin that ditches the thigh tumor.

Velenosa doesn't have a tumor so much as a much more aesthetically appealing armor plate.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

insanely hosed up that you would use the choice velenosa skin and not the even more choice headpiece

It's a cool headpiece that looks completely ridiculous and out of place on its own skin.

There are like four other organic-looking Saryn skins that it makes perfect sense with, but Chlora Helmet + Velenosa gets you a very mechanical-looking Saryn and that's what I was after.

e: on an unrelated note why the hell does the Kesheg has an innate Zenurik polarity? There are no Zenurik polearm stances.

e2: oh okay I guess there's a Conclave-only one lol

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 17, 2018

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Any weapon you're actually going to use for purposes beyond grinding MR needs a Catalyst, and typically some number of Forma although you can largely ignore that part as a newbie since your mods won't be maxed anyways.

But yeah, the Hek is fantastic, there isn't really anything that competes with it for effectiveness at-cost until like MR 9.

If you need Scattered Justice or any of the other mods people are talking about, ask, we'll hook you up.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Magus42 posted:

I was told to post my Valkyr when I finished customizing :)

:thumbsup:

I really need to get that bloodspatter camo pattern or whatever it is.

e: oh it's bundle-exclusive, so much for that idea

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

RNG Grinch

I hate invulnerability phases.

I'm not saying they're objectively bad game design; they can be used properly, if they're short, clearly indicated, and if you give the player something to do that is at least as engaging as shooting the boss while the boss is invulnerable.

Tyl Regor not only has invulnerability phases, the adds that he spawns while invulnerable -- that must be defeated to advance -- have invuln phases of their own.

Why DE? What did we do to deserve this?

To top it off, I have farmed five Equinox Night Aspect Neuroptics without getting any single other Night part.

Please free me from bad game design hell.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

alphabettitouretti posted:

MERRY CHRISTMASHAPPY HOLIDAYS

FREE poo poo.

(1x) Forma 3-pack | AwesomeSA | TomatoSaucy
(3x) reactor or catalyst
(3x ) frame slot
(3x) inventory slots
Riven slots
Saryn Prime Relic Pack draugalen
Tigris Prime MelvinBison
Tiberon Prime Rarden
Silva & Aegis Prime
Hydroid Prime Spuckuk
Mirage Prime Chefbot
Valkyr Prime Olagoob

You must be under MR16. PC only, natch.

Choose one. Reply to this and say what you want, including your IGN.

Silva & Aegis Prime, please, I love that "knight" aesthetic.

TuxedoCatfish, I'm MR 14

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

The new Nidus helmet is a treasure.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

:perfect:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

The Guyver?!?!?!

IMmmma fuggen buy rite naow

I was going for Kid Buu but now that I think about it there's like a zillion percent chance the one inspired the other.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

The Skeleton King posted:

jeez, im new to this but i still need morphics, control module, and 500 plastids before I can make the last component of my frost warframe, problem is I cant go to the places that give those any time soon. Add in the absurd wait time for making poo poo and Im feeling annoyed.

Players can "taxi" teammates to missions that they themselves haven't unlocked yet. Speak up in discord or alliance chat and see if someone can help you out.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

The Skeleton King posted:

Do yo have a link to the Goon discord?

https://discord.gg/56jQXN

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

FunkyFjord posted:

I felt like as soon as I hit the orb with whatever it's weak against for a large amount of damage it automatically switches vulnerability. This seemed to happen every single time I got a shot in with my rad catchmoon, but it could have been a teammate hitting it with void.

No, this is exactly what happens. If it takes too much damage in one element it switches.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Gitro posted:

The gear grinder, 6 forma

This one, please. I have a Helminth Charger to forma, and it's... a long road.

TuxedoCatfish

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Got my forma; thank you very much!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Lladre posted:

Little duck is actually Lotus.

hell of a mid-life crisis

Lladre posted:

I'm missing out on the orb rush since I'm on vacation and the potato here can't run it at more than 5fps.

Is it good?

no

it's a trash pile of invuln phases and constant knockdowns

they're still working on it (for example, at release the cutscenes before the orb mission were unskippable :laffo:) but i doubt they're going to change any of the core things that are wrong with it as a boss fight

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 21, 2018

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Any particular mods I should replace on this setup for Saryn prime?

This is the Saryn build I use for ESO, provided by a goon:

200% power is an important breakpoint because it maximizes the speed at which your spore damage ramps as well as the chance that it'll proc corrosive status, and you want a lot of range for spores to spread. Duration is a useful third, and you can easily tank efficiency and get by with Zenurik energy regen (or Arcanes if you're Scrooge McDuck).

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 21, 2018

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Xun posted:

Many years ago when I was just starting out, TheEvilKit very kindly gifted me the newest warframe Mesa during tennobaum. Mesa has served me well through the past 4 years, and now I'd like to pay it forward to another goon.

So I'm running a Most Chirstmassy/Yule Warframe contest! Show me your most festive/terrifying warframe for the season. Designs representing local holiday traditions are welcome and encouraged, especially if you have a neat explanation! All you have to do to enter is to quote this post with your IGN and a screenshot of your fashionframe.

First prize gets a brand new Mesa prime set!
Second place gets 150p worth of stuff of their choice from the market
Third gets 100p worth of stuff if their choice from the market

Contest ends on the 23rd at 11PM GMT. Here is my example entry from the December holiday traditions of my homeland, China

RESIST THE OPIUM OF THE WESTERN SPIRITS

TuxedoCatfish

Here's Mistletoe Nidus and all his little helpers:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

In the continuing adventures of Nidus fashion:

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Hurray! Much as I love the sound of Tyl Regor's voice, the mission itself was getting real old.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This is probably a dumb statement but I feel like the guns in this game are kinda anemic compared to melee. I might just not have a good primary but I feel like it's just easier to slash through poo poo like a whirlwind than spend time shooting.

I think this is just a natural phase of newbie progression; it happened to me too. There's a certain point where if you're relying mostly on self-found it's easy to build a melee weapon that'll one-shot things and much harder to make ranged weapons (and especially rifles) actually hit worth a drat.

It'll pass as soon as you start getting actually-decent mods / builds for your guns.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Gonkish posted:

I lucked out with Saryn and got the parts relatively quickly... and it was still a slog that I'm glad I never have to do again. Kela is just an annoying, boring fight.

See I don't get this. I love Kela, she's like the one genuinely well-designed boss in the entire game.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Even if the frame itself ends up being good on the strength of its utility, damage abilities shouldn't functionally be empty spaces on your skill list in high-level content. It's lame.

Especially if your warframe's concept is "charge up a patience bar then go berserk."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I love fishing and in particular I like to use fishing to build rep. I'd take the PoE fishing system over the Vallis one any day.