Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Maybe I'll get I to the game again.

Is Nyx still baller as gently caress? I loved playing her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, the last time I played this game was just after they introduced a little vacuum bot that cobble up items and floated over your shoulder.

Is there any incentive package for returning players?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, I need some help.
I haven't re-download the game so I have no clue what's in store.

I was primarily using Nyx with the red promo shotgun or Soma, dual Boltors and either the flathead Greatsword or the punchfists. Maybe the small knives for 1000 strikes or something.

I think I owned Nyx, Excallibur, the sonic one, the toxic one, Rhino and... maybe Loki. Playing Nyx was easy mode and I would not be the least surprised if she got nerfed to hell.

Basically, what should I look to do so I don't make very dumb decisions?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks for the replies. Not sure what some of those terms mean but so long as I can punch mans I will be okay.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, wow.
Only had time to log in and play the new tutorial (as Volt) and I have a huge BONE ZONE for the new movement system. Goddamn.
Turns out I had a Vauban maxed out. Is he still rad?

If I were to drop some money on this again, what are some recommendations for frames and equipment? Last time I played the prices for things were stupid high.

edit: Re-read the OP and it looks like the same stance as when I left. I'll save my spacebux for potatoes and slots.
How is Mirage? Looks interesting.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 28, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thanks for the replies. I checked some videos and Valkyr looks like a very fun punch mans, if a little simple. I'll stick with the support frames for more interesting combat. The Wolverine claws look neat, too. How are the sword and shield? Well, are there any items I should flat-out avoid?
I have a lot already (even the glaive that sucked when I bought it).

I'd like to get a caster. Volt, Mag or Ember?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a stat difference between basic and Prime frames now? I have both for Excallibur.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I may make a Valkyr just to grapple fools in the face. Seems like a dickish was to kill some fools.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nah, they are made from spooky nanobot ghosts and aerogel. The thread threat is wind tunnels.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like the ice levels in this because I'm already crouch-dash attacking people anyway.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have the Dethcube and Wyrm maxed out along with their weapons. Is the ballsack hoover worth making/buying?
Hoping it has enough attract power that I barely have to move in static defense missions.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh gently caress. I have a 20% off from a login bonus and I bet there is no way to combine them.

If you take the weapon off a sentinel, I think you should be able to make them invisible but still get the benefits.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

In my limited supply, the Strun Wraith is my best shotgun. How does the Hek compare or is there any shotgun with cool unique mods?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alright, I'm gotta slap together a Hek once I'm done with Dread.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm making a Hek right now and I think I still have a potato left over. Slow firing weapons that send idiots flying is my flavor of love and the reason I used Paris for forever. Long reload times? Sounds like a good time to throw out my glaive.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Hek reload isn't actually that bad. Granted, I used the LatPrime before that, but the Hek is only 2 seconds. That seems pretty average.

Is that unmodded? Either way, 2 seconds is fine. I was thinking LMG levels.

I'm wracked with indecision about my next frame. I have slots, potatoes, materials and the gear to go grind for blueprints. Ugh, it's so daunting.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cryophage posted:

What frames do you already have?

Excal, Ecal Prime, Banshee, Nyx and Vauban. All maxed except regular Excal.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I sided with the weird robot god and that laser plinker looks like poo poo.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I finally tried out the auro-upgrading feature and it's nice, I guess, to know I was modding this as optimally as the game thinks I should.
Except it keep wanting to put Steel Fiber on everything. Bitch, I play Nyx, what good is 17 armor going to do me?? Instead I can slot vitality and have a shot of surviving when my shields get lasered from across the room.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cathair posted:

Yeah, the mod autopicker can make some outright insane choices, especially when you've got a full array of mods to choose from. If it's picking the same things as you, this may not actually be a vindication of your choices. :v:

:colbert: Some of us are working with very limited mods, poopbutt.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Everyone is recommending their melee favorites but keep spelling "Glaive" wrong.
Hold to throw a spinning death disc that shreds a room while you fire off your Hek like an idiot.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I need help.
I'd love to play this game as melee exclusively, well as much as possible. What frame/weapon combination will cause me the fewest headaches?
Plat is not an issue, right now I'm lacking in mods and only have about 300k creds.
Right now I have a maxed and potatoed Scindo which is fun and is my favorite of the heavy weapons I own. I'd prefer punchmans but people are telling me they're not great for higher level play.

Account level 6 if that matters.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

poo poo, I forgot about stances. The only ones I have are for weapon classes I don't own.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

gently caress I want a Jat Kittag.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have a Gram that I hate. I just can't mod it in a way that feels fun to play which really sucks because a massive flat blade should be fun.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cicadalek posted:

Atlantis Vulcan is my Shadowrun character and he will easily overpower you with katanas and blood magic.

Mine is Slick Abyssflyer the Dwarf.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It pains me to admit it but I'm falling out if love with Vauban outside of Defense.
Maxed out Banshee and she just rocks the gently caress out.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

One of you let me know that my Frost Prime BP is rare because it was discontinued.
Should I market this as I can't make the whole thing or hold on to it?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Since the market isn't regulated, what's the best course of action to get the other Frost Prime BPs that I need?

Also, some of my old BPs say that they are an Arcane variant. I assume this is just an E-peen thing since I've had them so long?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, thanks. Most of them are for frames I don't own but the low speed/high armor Rhino one may be worth making. Actual foot speed doesn't matter as much as people think.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My main is now Excal Prime and you still get xp across the board in Exalted mode (which should be all the time).
Not sure if it's less xp but my unranked Atomos got to 12 without firing it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is the Soma really that popular? I have one at lowish ranks with a potato and I can see why it's good but it's not my playstyle.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 12, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Re: Daily login rewards

If I log in with a maxed rank frame and get a daily of suit XP, does that just evaporate?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DE, l love Warframe but you make some stupid, elementary design decisions.
Holy gently caress.

Aside from the failed Dark Sector game, have they done anything else?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm in the camp that every weapon should have a final gimmick that unlocks at 15 or 20 or whatever.
For example:

Paris- Huge punch - through
Dread- Baked in Thunderbolt

Boar- Maybe a charge mechanic to load 5 shots for big burst.
Hek- Spread stays the same with additional pellets in a larger cone.

Gorgon- Lower rate of fire from the start but every shot has some punch.
Soma- No wind-up, keep crits.

Skana- Extended range and has a mini-exhaled stance when channeling (probably hard to balance).
Cronos- Faster attack speed and bonus damage when moving.

They have so many weapons at this point that it would be a bitch to revamp but I think it would be worth it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Regular Soma is pretty much the same, just different stats. The wind-up may be longer but I doubt it. Soma and Gorgon feel identical in that regard.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sure. It's why everyone should use a Thunderbolt Dread like me and not worry about it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Aren't there at least a couple bubble powers? Nyx and Frost come to mind.

Nyx doesn't really bubble like that but Absorb is so drat good I don't care.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What's the point of putting a polarity slot in a different area?
To make your OCD calm down or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

drat. Does the game ever explain that?
I've watched a ton of Mogamu's videos and he sometimes mentions moving slot but never says why.

Good thing I can never settle on a frame or loadout!