Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Today I am going to out myself as being an idiot and exceedingly bloody-minded. I was stuck on the MR8 > MR9 test (the loving stealth one) for about a week, maybe 8-9 days.

When I cleared the test last night, I discovered you can only take one MR test a day, because in that week, I finished grinding enough gear to push me to MR10 instantly.

I have to go to bed now but I just learned that apparently over the course of a week, I maxed enough stupid pieces of poo poo to boost me to MR11, actually, and that's if I clear these next two tests in one go and don't get stonewalled again. Thanks, piece of poo poo mk1 gear and an affinity booster!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Alternatively again, run the spy mission. That was what I did.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Wait, what does Volt do to make fishing better? I have him in a crate somewhere and I've just started going back to engage with the Plains stuff.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Thaaaaaat is incredibly handy, you're right. I'll have to give it a spin next time I log on, I've been breaking from a month of powergrinding to do faction stuff for the first time and all the weird side activities are hitting an itch.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I legit did not know that was the why of how they worked, I didn't see them until after Second Dream and just figured it was a fuckload of immunity which I circumvented the obvious way.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Psion posted:

If you get Helios, make sure you get the infinite scanner charges from cephalon whatshisface because you're going to burn through a hundred even on a pretty quick mission. It's ridiculous how many things are scannable.

plus if you start collecting plants now you won't want to hate yourself when you decide to get Titania

source: I just finished Titania's quest last night

Jesus christ is this right on both counts. I just hit the third potion for Titania and I want (everyone else) to die.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Oh, then in that case, to answer the questions:

alphabettitouretti posted:

Do I need to buy wings? Can I wear them all the time? They look badass. Which wings are best wings?

No(t with platinum, you can buy blueprints from a clan dojo), no, only on Archwing-icon missions on the map, and the last one I cannot even tell you because I've not had the experience with more than a few.

alphabettitouretti posted:

What's the Prime stuff I keep seeing? Are those more powerful variants? How do you makes something Prime?

X Prime is usually a sidegrade/slight upgrade (depending on which) on the standard X, and you don't make something Prime, you have to collect separate parts and blueprints to build it because they count as their own unique versions for completion.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

OdinsBeard posted:

So the Amesha is good—any other tips for archwing? I don’t really enjoy it and I seem under leveled now for it now that I’ve made it to Uranus and the whole place is locked behind an archwing mission.

In all honesty, you'll figure out that on Uranus, two things happen: if it isn't Extermination, or a specific quest mission, you can BLAZE PAST everyone to the next land part if you maneuver well, and you are getting absolutely no XP whatsoever for your Archwing gear underwater, so don't think you're losing out.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Helter Skelter posted:

Figuratively. Unless you're organizing your group for the purpose, you'll probably get dick all.

Really? I've never seen my AW gear move a single loving pip from the underwater stuff, because I brilliantly thought "oh these guys are higher level than the space assholes, this is bound to rank it up faster!"

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
No, I mean I went into Exterminate missions specifically gunning to clean up every rear end in a top hat underwater, and my gear never got a single thing from it. I'm pretty sure at least as of a month or two back those sections do nothing to rank up your AW gear.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Menstrual Show posted:

Also, hell yeah.

https://www.warframe.com/news/prime-vault-opening-february-6

I'll be buying the full pack like a dumbass whale.

Honestly if it doesn't cross a certain price point, I'm there with you.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I'm legit interested in where a full Ember rework would go. I love the adaptation to make her more potent above lv30, so the thought of similar small tweaks to make me branch out a bit is pretty sweet.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Psion posted:

I believe MR exp continues to accumulate even if the bar is full. You should be fine to use whatever.

Can confirm, 100% true. I got stonewalled on a test so long I built up two whole levels before I passed it. I got a lot of bonuses that week.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Avulsion posted:

also enemies will never look up so jump on top of the pillars.

While this is true 99% of the time, they annoyingly definitely loving do on that test. I've had dudes see me from across the map because they got a crick in their neck and went "TENNO"

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Flopstick posted:

Okay, ta. Sounds like sticking lens on frame is the way to go. I've only put them on guns so far.

Melee is also an excellent pick because of a power that'll give (up to) +25% bonus affinity/focus to melee.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

HukHukHuk posted:

You don't even need a frame really, anime form void dash passes through lasers and grineer fields as long as you actually dash through them and not just walk through crouched

Johnny Joestar posted:

what the gently caress, why didn't i know that

Pretty sure this isn't true without maybe an ability, because I just did and it set the alarm off.

edit: No, okay, something else must have set it off last time, second attempt it worked fine. This is neat as hell to know and gonna save me some time

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Mar 19, 2018

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Why are you people walking through lasers, smash the thing with your melee weapon!

Can't do that on a few Spy vaults.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Sometimes re-running an alert is handy if you're trying to take out a specific type of enemy (for dojo paint, for instance). It's hard to get some of the lower level guys in large quantities without them.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I have definitely referred to at least one of those as "the Orokin sybian" and had people know which one I meant.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
So does anyone know a way to make a mission objective reload itself if it bugs out? Because I'm 40 minutes, 2 new mods, and 7 argon into hunting around a Void mission as I finally go to the drat generators, and they won't let me turn them on.

And if I have to leave this mission because poo poo broke and get none of it I'm gonna be loving cross.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

generally all you can do to fix bugs is jump in a hole or die and revive, but those don't usually work for broken interactions.

Cool. Cool, neither worked. Cool cool cool cool gently caress.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
PC, but if the suggestion you're about to make is to try and invite someone, I just tried that and it's telling me I can't because I'm playing offline??

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Avulsion posted:

No, my suggestion is that you bail on that mission and contact Tornavul in game and I'll take you through 20 waves of void defense to get some free affinity, argon crystals and a bunch of random crappy mods.

Thanks for the hand. It ain't 7 but it's enough to start some projects tonight, and the mod's icing on the cake. You're a fine dude.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

NPR Journalizard posted:

Any tips for the Lieutenant Lech Kril fight? I have been jumping around like a crazy thing trying to hit his back but failing.

Cold status to slow him down and make getting behind him easier, but the big trick is keep in close and bait a melee attack because that one keeps him from turning so fast.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I think Loki is one of those frames you're either gonna really love or find it absolutely hellish to work with, and as a dude who solos a lot, it fell into the latter for me too.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I'm probably only going to end up with one of the four Plague Star zaw grips before the event ends. Any specific one(s) I should avoid that's secretly a trap, or are they all just Good comparatively to the stock ones?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I was not because I was an idiot. So that helps, thank you.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

beats for junkies posted:

You, uh, you missed something in the marketplace over Easter weekend (unless they didn't do it this year for some reason).

They didn't, all there was on Easter weekend was the palette and the bunny ears this year

edit: I just realized I misread like there was a secret syndana somehow

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Apr 17, 2018

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Flopstick posted:

ee; do Tusk units only spawn on the plains?

Yup.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Pope Urbane II posted:

And, I mean, what do any of them have to gain from sending kill squads after the shapeshifting murder golems? Especially considering the Tenno are usually in the process of liquidating x^10 more of the exact same guys who get sent to do the job.

Pretty much just "look, don't gently caress with us or we'll be cross". Gotta back up those threats or nobody takes you seriously.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

The Lone Badger posted:

How viable is solo-play?

I'm a stubborn bastard who plays 99% solo and I can tell you it's doable but not recommended. I've got all but about 5 levels on the starmap unlocked, the majority of frames, and I think the number of times I've paired up with other players is still sub-10.

This doesn't make it a good idea, some things were like cheese-grating my balls to do solo, but they are doable if you're bloody-minded enough.

edit: For context, nearly MR17, working on min-maxing 4 factions at the moment, and if you need a good tip for powerleveling lovely gear solo: Spy is your friend. With whatever loving frame you can keep alive via player skill or mods.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 08:45 on May 7, 2018

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, I’m pretty sure Interception is the only game-mode that’s functionally un-soloable.

What? No, lord no, it's plenty workable. You just need to know where the points are how to cover the distance ASAP, and each map is doable without issue so long as you have a good enough damage output for the level.

Once you GET the points, the AI tends to stick on a certain point as a target, so if you figure out where and defend it, the others will pluck away without incident unless something screws up the routine.

For what it's worth, my only holdup mode was Hijack, and that's because I didn't realize it queued off of shields, so once I figured that out it was a cinch.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Sekenr posted:

Yes, but the question is why would you want to solo it

If I solo missions it means I both never have to wait on someone to assist as well as not feeling bad if I'm tired or just loving around since this has become a de-stress after work game for me some nights. Interception and Defection are the two I never run after a node's been cleared unless I need a very specific reward from them though. Huge timesink compared to literally anything else in the game you could do solo.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's doable, you just need to build T3 specters and stick them on the other points, then never ever go back to that node again.

This might qualify if you're going for multiple loops on the endgame ones but it's definitely not necessary in general.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Synthbuttrange posted:

dont do an interception solo if your intention is to de-stress. :|

In all seriousness the only Interception map that loving sucks and pisses me off alone is the Corpus warehouse from hell that's multi-story and spreads out so many of the points away from one another/behind doors. The AI will always go for point D or C there, and if it's D, you're not going to know until they've capped it, at which point the AI is going to rotate onto the next one and you're then playing a circular catch-up until you can trick it into going for one you're standing at.

I get that I sound like a total lunatic right now but a lot of this game is doable in a pinch, the only two major roadblocks I can think of are running sorties (I have still yet to complete all three tiers of one alone... but I'm getting closer now that I'm starting to Forma gear*) or Lephantis, who is a gently caress that I had to go into spoiler mode to take out after running out of ammo.

* I didn't apply my first Forma to anything until like, MR14.

\/\/ edit: It's more of an anxiety thing. It's me, not the community.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Have they nerfed Tellurium drops? I've been in and out of Uranus all night (!) and still haven't had any drop. Even intercut them with some regular archwing, but nothing.

I am definitely wondering this myself, because I've been running a bunch of AW stuff for two weeks now and only gotten a single piece. I need seven for the crap in my forge.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Tylana posted:

scan dorks for Nerd Simaris for some more endo if you gotta.

Wait, that gives endo? This explains a lot about how I stocked so much at one point

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Oh neat. I should run more of those!

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Psion posted:

bonus points that are likely to influence nothing whatsoever can be had if you name your favorite mech from Battletech. Ironic favorite or genuine, it's cool. this might help.

I ain't entering for poo poo but I just want to rib you both because we're you and I and also because how many other people are gonna get irritated if I mention the Tetatae.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

hirvox posted:

But when it embeds itself into an asteroid, you can't hit it's shield generators at all.

Only because you're not using the One True Archwing Primary, Fluctus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
And if you have a reactor in it: 2x your MR.