Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Dead on Arrival posted:

Haven't played for a couple of days, so I haven't changed any settings or anything and my game is updated. When I zone into a mission I can't turn my tenno. I can look up and down fine, but my targeting reticule just slowly turns to the right. Anyone have an idea what could be causing that and how to fix it?

Probably have a controller plugged in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

zgrowler2 posted:

:siren:

:siren:

Perfect acquisition time for this frame is seventy-eight successful and correct Prosecutor beacon drops + three Vay Hek keys w/ build time + perfect Vay Hek drops + credit/time/mat costs for the Hydroid BPs. This is so much worse than Nekros.

Not even buying this guy with plat; this is offensive.

That assumes you are only ever using your own keys. It is lovely, but perfectly doable in the long term. I still think that vauban involves much more bullshit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mercury_Storm posted:

Kind of seems like they spent those 2-3 months making absolutely sure most everything in this update was as dumb and convoluted as possible.

So we're building these solar rails to brand new unexplored systems that lead to... more missions fighting the Grineer or Corpus for some reason?

The destination isn't important. The mode of travel is. DE knows full well that a significant portion of their player base loves trains. I believe they will actually be modeled in-game at some point, too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Channeling is great, stances are dumb, explosive glaive is mostly just a comedy option.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jaroslav posted:

So i played this game a fair bit waaaaay back in the day. Now im itching to try it out again, but i am totally lost. I have no clue what i should grind for, how i should grind, what weapons are good, etc. Is there any good catchingup guide somewhere, or could someone give me some pointers?

If you are below rank 6, get boltor. If you are rank 6 or higher, get soma. Some good frames to start farming for are rhino or nova. From there, just do whatever. Sperg out and try to collect every weapon, try out ones that seem fun, or work on perfecting a couple favorites. It's all good.

Just remember, sniper rifles still suck.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Dimix posted:

Only when he's yelling. The thing on top of his suit will flash and his face mask will open when he is yelling. Shoot him in the face.

Does no one else hear the siren that goes off whenever his mask opens? When I was doing it, no one with me seemed to know what I was talking about.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So, that mod that adds melee lifesteal and reduces channeling efficiency. Combine it with rage and a valkyr and it might be possible to be in invincible murder mode all the time with any weapon.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Credits won't matter if people make a concerted effort at farming sechura while we can. That place is nuts.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Does anyone have a spare vauban helmet or chassis blueprint?

Those can't be traded.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

You're both rather lucky apparently, then. It's A Thing on the forums right now, amongst rail and melee whining of course.

:argh:

What's the goto way to grind up to rank six, by the way? Nothing but leveling up (new) guns and clearing sectors?

Frames levels count for twice as much as weapons when ranking up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Which should I go for out of the supra or the tetra? I have the materials for both, its just only one of them needs a forma.

Make both, try both, potato the one you like more. Neither is exactly amazing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cainer posted:

Just take out your melee weapon and block! I was pretty drat surprised when I tried that and it worked. Seriously though, those guys are dicks and I kill them at first opportunity every time I see them.

There any reason to scanning enemies? Got bored sometime last week and have been paparazzinjaing like mad, redoing boss fights and levels to get the rare jerks, freaking stupidly hard to find crawler lobbers.

Only if you have a moral objection to reading the wiki.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I use ember on low level stuff when I don't have a new frame to level. Accelerant would be way better if they ditched the stun and made it an aoe debuff with a duration that moves with you like WoF. Setting stuff on fire is awesome, but fire as a damage type is kind of lacking after damage 2.0.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Not much resists fire, but only trash is weak to it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Haerc posted:

I've got an Akbolto,an Akvasto and an Akmagnus, should I just sell them all and get a Marelok? The only one of those three that I have that I actually like and put a potato into was the Akbolto, and I've had that since update 8 or something.

Edit: Should I bother making a Detron? I've heard that it's mediocre and I only have the parts due to two random encounters with the invasion in a pubby group.

Why hold on to weapons you don't like, or get rid of weapons you do? Just keep on making more stuff and selling whatever isn't to your liking. Past a certain point mastery is pointless, but the actual game is pretty much just playing around with different ways to kill dudes. More guns = more ways to kill dudes even if you don't keep them long term.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The main question is if it can reach pimped out ignis levels of insanity. Also, does it automatically penetrate cover?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there will be a huge market in selling the new katana stance at horribly inflated prices to dumb pubbies. Tranquil cleave is much harder to obtain, and the katanas are no longer the hot new thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If they had a display area for weapons/frames and maybe a craftable robot pet made entirely from nanospores (GET TO IT DE) I would be all over it. If it is just some transition area that you can maybe add decorations to or recolor I'll do the bare minimum to make it functional.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I generally do okay when farming for resources with pubbies. Whenever someone gets tagged for a stalker / harvester / G3, they waypoint where they're at and the rest of the people come over to help. I got my detron and despair with the help of useful pubbies.

Tower missions on the other hand...

I was playing late last night. I decided to play a T3 mobile defense. I always play as Loki for tower missions that aren't defense or survival. I'm pretty good at unlocking the parkour rooms, and this mission had the two rooms - the one with the moving bridges, and the horizontal one. I opened up the vertical one and got all 3 doors, sent down a waypoint with mods for everyone to come get - the response was "meh don't need em" despite that I just picked up two rare mods. They start to defend the terminal. I find the next room - beat it and waypoint it again, saying "hey guys more mods here." They proceed to run to extraction and start the countdown. I was able to gather all the mods but not fast enough to reach extraction, so I lost the 26k bonus. Why do people hate free mods?

I then ran a T3 survival, in the off chance I get the Rhino Prime Chassis. I join the game, there's two Rhino Primes and a Vauban. I knew this would be bad. I pick Nekros cause someone has to do it. As soon as the mission starts I realize I'm the only one with Energy Siphon equipped so energy was kind of an issue for desecrate. One of the Rhino Primes has an ogris and blew himself up to death 5 times. No one stuck together, and no one else ran to the room with 3 life support capsules except me to pop the capsules. We somehow made it to 35 minutes. When 35 minutes hit, we had about 20% left. I ran to extraction but the rest thought they could keep it going, except none of them collected life support capsules and life support hit 0% in no time.

I'm starting to despise Rhino because EVERYONE wants to play it and it's limiting in what it can do. Pick a support frame once in awhile. Nothing is more fun than watching a bunch of enemies die in a burst of antimatter with a Nova or seeing people sucked into a vortex with Vauban. Or being a Trinity and using an ogris at the bottom of your feet.

The potmod thing seems to be entirely your fault. They are garbage 95% of the time, and if no one else wants to bother with parkour rooms and they make that clear why the hell should they wait for the guy who ran off on his own? What's more, you then immediately started complaining about people ignoring the objective to gently caress around on their own. I don't really see much difference.

I have no idea why a vauban wouldn't have energy siphon equipped though. That's just bizarre.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Basically, rhino, nova, nekros (purely for farming, but farming is a large part of this game) and vauban are all you ever really need. Most other frames have some use and can even be better than those 4 in some niche circumstances, but with those 4 you can do any content in the game. Past that, try out everything and specialize in what you like.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Are you not aware that speedrunning vor for his 100% cronus bp drops was at one point the only real way of making money in this game? Most of the old hands have sold dozens of those pieces of poo poo off.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Eventually you might want to max out all of the lovely starter stuff for mastery, but when you are starting out it is better to ditch it for upgrades as soon as possible so that you can actually kill stuff.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
• Tweaked the Staff weapon hit effects.

Hopefully that's not a stealth amphis nerf.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I suspect it will take special loadouts to reach the conclave rating for cosmic spectres. Just putting on my best stuff wasn't enough.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Whips are very good. Scoliac is arguably top tier, and the stances are both easy to get.

chumbler posted:

Mods that boost slashing, impact, or puncturing damage are complete wastes and should only ever be used if you've got nothing better. DE in their infinite wisdom made elemental damage scale off the sum of the damage types while the slash/impact/puncture mods only increase their specific type, which is at best ~2/3 of the gun's total damage, and they have lovely scaling per rank to boot.

This is only true for guns. The melee physical damage mods are perfectly adequate. They give +90% damage at only 7 capacity maxed. Also, the normal ice/elec melee mods have very poor scaling. You'd obviously still use pressure point first, though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Denzine posted:

Shadows of the Dead no longer spawns Eximus/Leader types.

Nekros has been nerfed.

Ha ha, so the unchallenged king of dps frames has fallen. Hopefully they won't nerf banshee or oberon next.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The whales have made it very clear that they want to keep serration. Oh sorry, 'design council'. I'm bad with euphemisms.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gestalt Intellect posted:

What I always wanted mods to be was things like "laser sight" and "armor piercing rounds" that would give you indirect helpful effects like ricocheting bullets, penetration, a laser sight, etc. Things that could change the feel or functionality of a weapon somewhat and that could increase damage output with skill, but not just giving you a straight up objective boost.

Part of it is I just don't like these vague names like "killing blow" and "serration" that just sort of do things without any visible effect on the weapon's performance besides doing more damage or magically causing things to take fire damage now. But right now mods just feel like weird upgrades instead of mods or attachments or whatever.

It will never happen but there really is a lot you could do with it. Sticky grenades, a scope that highlighted enemies through walls, cluster rockets, etc. Instead almost all the new mods are just +stat, and half of the new mods in every batch are laughable garbage like maglev.

That would never happen, though. If they put time into making something like an x-ray scope work, they would just release a new gun that had it innately. Shiny new guns = whale bait. I don't really understand why people outright buy new guns when they are rarely difficult to craft, but it still happens.

I'm not counting prime parts, of course. Paying to bypass the lovely rng is perfectly reasonable.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Trinity jihad was likely never intended. It wasn't fun to play and anyone doing it tended to suck whatever little fun out of a session for everyone else. Otherwise, I'd prefer that they buff lackluster frames until they reach nova/rhino tier rather than nerf the tier out of existence.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
You might be able to sell the fang handle. No one is going to buy anything else, and half of that list is things that aren't tradeable anyway..

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
They haven't changed nova's 2 at all. Even if molecular prime gets nerfed into uselessness (it won't), nova will still be very fast with a great mobility power and antimatter drop will still do ridiculous damage. That's better than most frames get.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
What the hell?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Huh, no potato alert?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So is the reward still just credits?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Pierson posted:

200,000 credit alert on Ceres right now pals, I dunno what this event is gonna be but good lord.

Defeat Alad V by throwing credits at him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

This weekend has been amazing, I've gotten three reactors and two catalysts, 800k credits, but missed some forma. Does DE do this sort of thing for every event? Does DE do events like this very often?

No and no.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

DelphiAegis posted:

But not anything more than 5 feet in front of you, basically.

The link isn't too bad to get, it's the blueprint (and the spare bronco prime itself) that is the difficult part to snag. But you'll do it anyway, since more mastery for the mastery god. :shepicide:

The akbronco bp? I have like 9 of those.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
We actually need tiny versions of every enemy type in the dojo by the hundreds. Running into walls, boosting each other up stairs then sliding down in an endless cycle, hanging precariously off of the ceiling, getting stuck on their backs and helplessly flailing their limbs in the air, attempting unsuccessfully to ride all of the quadruped corpus robots like horses, etc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I'd suggest going for rhino first, but there is nothing wrong with trinity if that's your preference. Some good low rank weapons are karak and boltor for primary, and amphis is arguably a top tier melee weapon but has no rank requirement. Really though, for melee you should just get whatever you think is cool as most of them are usable. For pistols, probably bolto and then akbolto, though vasto/magnus also work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Basically, get something you can rely on and then try every other weapon and frame that strikes your fancy. That's really all there is to the game unless you have ocd. If you do have ocd, run. Run now, and don't stop until you get somewhere without internet.