Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
What's my best option for doing the Rank 2 (pistol) test, without using platinum guns? Buying an aklato and ranking it up? My regular lato does poo poo all for damage in regular missions, and I see quite a few people whine about this particular test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Cheers for the pistol feedback!

Guess I'll pick up a Lex tonight, though I have no pistol mods besides extra ammo, puncture damage, critical chance and I think a chance to do toxin damage (Pestilence something; or does that only work if the pistol already does toxic damage?)
Guess I got unlucky on the damage/reload ones.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I'm on PC, I'll try asking tonight. Woo, mods! :allears:
Though... I think I first need to do the Rank 2 test to be able to trade right?

Yesterday an awesome goon helped me get past Earth's Eurasia mission, because that one was kind of retarded.
Apparently that mission already got nerfed? It still seemed fairly impossible without being able to dish and soak up tons of damage.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

:psyduck:

Would be nice of the game to mention that.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

necrobobsledder posted:

Whoever said don't transmute didn't do it recently. I had about 26 Reflex Guards from running Apollodorus for practically three weeks straight.

Is it possible to get Corrupted cards off transmutation? Because that sounds like an easy way of farming XP and doing the transmutation roulette (as a new player).
Though I did get lucky with the G3, a few alerts and some out of the blue nightmare missions, I'd really like to get my hands on Fleeting Expertise.

e: And to the guy talking about Earth Eurasia. It loving sucks. I spent a lot of time on the mission when I progressed to it and it was a complete failure every single time.
During one attempt a Rhino Prime dude joined in and we still failed. That's when I asked a goon to just taxi me past it. And then "finished" those missions later thanks to an infected invasion.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Mar 24, 2014

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
So I was doing Nuovo on Ceres with someone in fancy gear and within 10 minutes this is what he looked like:

By 20 minutes it was difficult to even look in his general direction because it was killing my FPS. Any idea what the hell that was about? Glitch?
It was kind of useful though because the beams were pointing at the enemies.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Denzine posted:

Lag and/or framerate issues on your end can cause the Link (or Tesla or...) effects to fail to despawn properly. I have that problem in spades.

It's pretty funny up until the game becomes completely unplayable.

Oh well, as you said it was funny for a bit until I had to be in a different room to keep playing.

Different question: is it worth buying a potato for the Grakata/would it be useful all the way through late game content?
I'm almost at rank 6, so the Soma is right there... but I do have Vital Sense/Hammer Shot/Split Chamber.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Guess I'll wait till rank 6 then. Are any of the earlier rank weapons particularly worth investing in? Because all I tend to see people use after a while is Ogris/Penta/Soma/Prime stuff.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

PathAsc posted:

The phage is amazingly fun and efficient. You're almost there for it anyway.

Ah yeah I've seen a lot of phage too, but that one requires forma which I don't have any of yet.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Fourthmeal Fanboy posted:

There are plenty of fun weapons available to you early on and they'll all murder poo poo perfectly well.

I'm having plenty of fun buying random blueprints and bringing the weapons to level 30. I was initially put off by the Boltor but now it's my favourite after buying it by accident.

But since I'm not swimming in forma or potatoes I'm wondering which of these early weapons would be cool investments right now.

I'll build myself a Hek tomorrow and see how that one goes.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Male Man posted:

There's no dirtframe. Wood (i.e. plantlife) is an element in some traditions.

Oberon is kind of a druid/paladin mix frame, so there's that. Sort of.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Quick question on nightmare mode. The wiki says that they will only appear on planets where all missions have been completed, but I've still been able to do a bunch of them. How does it actually work?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Piell posted:

Melee 2.0 summary of known information: Weapons will have a new aura-like mod slots. Each weapon "type" (one handed longsword, polearm, etc) has two possible mods to go in that slot - for one handed longswords, Iron Phoenix is slower, lots of staggering and slashing combos and Crimson Dervish: fast hits and puncture procs, and fewer staggers. Each mod will have four combos (Weak attack mash, weak attack pause between hits ,heavy attack mash, heavy attack pause between hits). Ranking up a stance gives deeper combos. You can equip the weapon rather than quick melee, which gives a damage boost (on top of an overall damage boost for weapons). Stamina drains only while blocking attacks, just holding block won't drain it. There may or may not be a counterparry system (this was mentioned a while back, but I haven't heard anything about it recently). There will be a lot more melee enemies. They want to make future melee mods more specific (i.e. this specific combo gets a bunch of bonus damage).

Sounds like a lot of intricate effort that'll be mostly useless because Guns, 3 other players with Guns, and in general mobs being downed so fast by Guns.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
First time watching a devstream. Those user questions. Jesus christ, the stupidity.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
He does seem pretty boring/uninspired considering what DE could have done.

Nyx's projectiles.
Rhino/Excalibur's charge.
Smoke Screen/Invisibility with some fancy effect.
And then tentacles. Which I hope are more interesting than Zephyr's tornadoes.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Vauban Systems alert is on.

Took me two weeks without trying to get the whole set, I feel kind of bad for people who specifically wanted it for months :shobon:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Cool, more Uncommon stuff on the Scorpion loot table. Because trying to get a Master Thief wasn't annoying enough already for me :(

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Piell posted:

Grind shipyards to get the one Prosecutor that shows up for the mission, then put that together to get a frequency triangulator that gets you a key to Vay Hek, who drops a Hydroid part.

And the keys are one-use right?

So much effort, and it's not like Hydroid is Nova-tier. Apparently its abilities are terribly disappointing except for the ulti. So good job DE.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Apr 10, 2014

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
You need 2 Delta, 4, Gamma, 8 Kappa, 12 Omega to craft the locator.
Is the key permanent or one-use though?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
That's amazing.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Thanks to those lovely delta beacons (or lack of), I'm now swimming in orokin cells :v:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Carecat posted:

None of the Dark Sector bonuses are active when it's conflicted for up to 48 hours and the only thing you get is lovely credits? :psyduck: So no-ones going to bother to do the missions and these things will only give out rewards for 24 hours before getting locked for another 48 hour as the only people playing them will be the clans.

Noooo :ohdear:

I was using the Pluto and Ceres ones as fast, cheap sources of credits to finance my crafting spree.
So what's the best option now for making credits? I have a bunch of parts and warframes that only need cash to get started.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

Solar rail sabotage missions have NPC versions of random members of the defending clan as enemies. They're chumps. :v:

Except for Trinity which can link and insta-gib people.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I'm looking forward to free poo poo from DE. Maybe.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I'd love to claim the Mag Prime and Chassis BPs.
Looking forward to the mod list :allears:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

PathAsc posted:

Done and up, added to the list. IGN is the same as forums correct?

Oops, it's Vhalyar IGN. We hosed up Vay Hek quite a few times.

e: Mods are up, so... the Master Thief, may I have it?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

Which of the Ceres planets are best for farming the Vay Hek keys? I've been doing Kiste and Varro alternatively but ugh, it's a pain. I'm planning to try to get Splashframe by the end of the week.

Nuovo. Or at least that's where I farmed all my beacons. The bosses spawn pretty often, and if you teammates are not retards it's super easy to get a pile of keys per run. Except deltas, because DE's gotta make money.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Nova's that good? Is there a (I feel dirty for saying this) tier list at all? Mostly just out of idle curiosity, I'm having a blast with Ember, and Mag was fun too.

Rhino, Nova > Everything else, sort of.
Rhino can keep things in the air forever with Stomp and Nova's Molecular Prime is damage + utility + cc rolled into one.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Denzine posted:

I should mention that I loving love Hydroid, aside from his lovely name. Every power has a use, all of them can be combined, and maximizing one doesn't make all the others worthless. It is a well done frame and whoever designed him should feel good about themselves.

Mind going into detail? I'm still leveling mine up, but so far it's been tentacles to clear rooms and puddle if my health goes critical. 1 takes too long to do anything and 2 is overshadowed by tentacles.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Thrasophius posted:

Nyx is sounding more and more amazing the more I hear. Just have to wait for the components to finish, buy the Nyx bp and put it all together.

Just don't feel too sad when Rhino/Nova/Zephyr/Hydrant/[insert AoE warframe] keep wasting rooms with low energy ultis and make Chaos meaningless/leave you in your zen bubble with a thumb up your rear end and surrounded by corpses.

Nyx is awesome [get that Reach and Streamline ASAP], but it's not until much later that it has an opportunity to shine since everything is so easily turned into gibblets. I also rushed Nyx as my second frame, but overall I could have waited till later.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Denzine posted:

Serration, Split Chamber, Speed Trigger, and Heavy Caliber for Ignis, then whatever elemental mods you feel like using. Hcal has no appreciable down side for Ignis. If you don't have hcal, slot the relevant Bane mod.

Once you get Ignis rolling it is almost trivial to get 6 polarities on it, and then you have a gun that lets you w+m1 99% of the game.

Maybe I should start tossing formas into my Ignis. So far my experience with the Penta has been alright, but not earth-shattering. Especially since I tend to be a bit laggy.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Carecat posted:

They need to make an entire void faction as well as finally filling out infested ranks and giving corpus more than different colored jumpsuits and some MOAs.

Crewmen riding MOAs.
And little MOAs popping out when you shoot off a Crewman's helmet.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

McGiggins posted:

Quite sure.

I already had a Scindo skin blueprint, and there is only one in my inventory.

I'm also sure there's one or two people who could confirm that there was a Zoren Skin up on Mars (?) tonight.

There was a Dagger Axe skin in the last 24 hours, but both the Scindo and Zoren skin have the exact same name.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 30, 2014

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Getting rid of damage mods has been brought up multiple times and it's pretty much not even worth mentioning at this point, because DE has made it very clear that they won't do anything to destroy people's ~investment~ due to how their whiny community fucks out at the smallest thing. Remember when they literally gave free platinum to every player after update 10? If I remember right that was seriously just because they diluted the prime drops too much and their community threw an utter shitfit about it.

It's a resource and time sink for a F2P game. I can't imagine DE removing them unless they result in a threat to their daily bookings.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Nordick posted:

Anyone who might want to do the alert solo, be advised that the Corpus units in it do stupendous amounts of damage for mysterious reasons. They go down just as quickly as they should on that level, but they'll also kill you loving dead in a few shots. Pack your best poo poo.

That took me by surprise. Spawned in next to some dead player, started reviving him and was surprised when I just toppled over in two seconds from the unexpectedly high damage.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Fish Noise posted:

I find Sanctuary useful for this - not as an actual defense, but as an enemy damage dipstick. If the Sanctuary bubble evaporates instantaneously after it goes up, that's some cause for alarm, and disengaging from the revive is worth considering.

I don't have Sanctuary or Guardian :(

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
It's a F2P game, they kind of need some kind of scaling system to monetize from and/or create resource sinks.
These mods provide that, plus bonus "pain points" (aquisition and leveling them up) that help convert non-buyers into buyers.

It would be pretty easy to remove/include them by default, but they're straightforward F2P elements.
At best I could see them providing Serration for free, since rifles are your best weapons at the start.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Same day this gets revealed, I receive some spam mail from Perfect World despite having never touched any of their garbage.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

victrix posted:

Mirage is a great name for a frame

Let's hope booby trapping stupid ambient lockers is only part of her kit

I look forward to a grind that's even more annoying than hydrant's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Denzine posted:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/261813-update-14-coming-thursday-pc/?p=3042857#entry3042857

It's on Thursday, not Wednesday. That's one less day they'll have to fix the horrible bugs I'm going to abuse the poo poo out of.

Same day as the Destiny beta? Hm.

e: just saw the frame PvP breakdown. If DE has no plans to fix even half that stuff, it's going to be ridiculous. poo poo, I might actually wait on Destiny just to enjoy the madness.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jul 16, 2014