Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Helter Skelter posted:

Pubbies are terrible, so play with goons instead!

This is super true. I'm pretty new so I've just been queueing randoms when I'm not farting around solo and played a Spy mission. The one pubbie was pretty good but the other went sprinting off toward the other end of the level. He died, complained we didn't save him, then ran back. Fighting through his spawns was super cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I finally get all the materials farmed up to make my second warframe, which is of course Rhino. I hit craft on the systems and buy the Rhino blueprint. I get super excited because I will have a brand new frame in a mere.... 84 hours. :downsgun:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I have Rhino coming out of the oven in the morning, Valkyr a day and a half after that, and all of the BPs necessary to make Saryn as well as Zephyr. I got the Gorgon BP as a login reward and have Kunai, Akstilleto, and Glaive BPs waiting on materials.

The point is this game is awesomely addictive and I can't buy more platinum for all the slots (and oxium) I need until payday and this is causing me stress. What are you doing to me, Warframe? :negative:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

kirbysuperstar posted:

I play solo because I'm stupid, really. I'm in the clan and all, but I hate bugging people :v:

Well, I'll do it at some point, no rush I guess, but she does look fun. I appreciate the info, though!

I felt the same way, assuming everyone was way higher level and didn't have time for my new guy shenanigans. Then I asked for help unlocking a couple of the Sedna missions and we ended up clearing the boss in less than half an hour. Goons are super helpful and there's no such thing as being a bother as they'll just slap on some stuff they want to level and blow poo poo up with you.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I went along on some Lephantis runs tonight. I was using an un-potatoed no polarity level 19 Gorgon with elec + toxin +30% mods on it and came out the other side each time with 6%-16% of total damage done. I was doing 18 damage per hit to the boss' weakspots. Is Gorgon hot garbage, was it not modded out enough or am I still kinda bad at this game?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
For other new (or new to UI 2.CONSHIT HEH) guys who look at the new planetary map and get confused, here is the wiki page on Nav Segments that can help.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It does not. The game is not balanced around soloing in the slightest.

Someone told me in clan chat that if you set the queue to solo it skews you toward the lower end of the level range.

What mission that gives t3/4 keys do people actually queue up for?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
It's funny how quickly things shift. You go from wishing for control modules, a few morphics and maybe an orokin cell if you're REALLY lucky to being like "gently caress, am I seriously out of circuits and ferrite?"

e: If anyone on PC has Mag Prime Systems I have a bunch of prime weapon parts I will throw at you for it including two Ankyros Gauntlets. :pray:

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Aug 10, 2014

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Azran posted:

You are in luck. Are you in now?

Also, it's funny - I logged in just to check if I had this part for you, and I got this.

My fifth one this year, and my fourth one since July.

I got on as soon as I saw this but you were already gone.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Azran posted:

I'm talking to you ingame right now!

Sorry! The only thing I like more than playing is making a post about needing a part and then going AFK for an hour. :negative:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I've got this stuff baking

and all I can think about is how next I want to make a Scoliac, a Quanta, Phage, Soma, :words:

What are you doing to me Warframe?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Is there any reason not to sell all duplicate mods all the time beyond the accidental sale of a rare or stance? I stopped using them to upgrade other mods because using fusion cores is so much easier and more effective.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Welp, 70 hours in and still a lot to learn.

I had my friend submit an application. He just started playing and after an hour of going through the mechanics on Skype while pinning things to walls with the Paris MK-1, I think he's caught the bug.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I was using Thunderbolt on my Paris and got scolded by a pubbie who told it me it was Not Good. After he said that I proved him right by accidentally(:laugh:) blowing out the windows and putting us in a vacuum every dang time we were in a hallway with cracked glass!

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
The Tenno Live stream from Gamescom is up. They already announced 3 24 hour alerts for this weekend and "MORE BIG REVEALS TO COME"

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Swimming and underwater Grineer cloning facility tileset coming after Corpus ice tileset. New Infested coming soon, named "Bombard" and "Turret". So more projectile Infested incoming.

e: New boss coming that "is an entire level".

Tyl Regor getting a mechanic and visual update with huge gauntlet fists.

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 15, 2014

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
They're talking about players creating quests "similar to the Mirage quests" and clan created alerts for their members :pcgaming:

For the last giveaway they just had three people from the audience throw foam glaives above/into the crowd :psyduck:

Big Reveal is: a sidescrolling game starring your Sentinel called Wyrmius. :v:

Just kidding it's a loving jetpack with space combat holy poo poo.

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 15, 2014

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I wish people had told me earlier that me hosting is a laggy, unfun experience. I assume it's my garbage DSL connection and will make a point not to host anymore.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

ComradePotato posted:

Ok cool, thanks guys. Something to aim for I guess, not done any tower missions yet. At what point should I start doing them? I'm at mastery rank 4 and have Neptune/eris unlocked so far.

Just ask in clan chat if anyone wants to do vault/derelict runs and specify that you'd like to get ciphers. A vault run is an Orokin Derelict where each person crafts and brings a Dragon Key. Each key has its own debuff and one of the four keys will open the vault in the map.

That is the main thing with this game. You just have to ask and people will squad up. Unlike an MMO, the endgame in Warframe is having all the guns and warframes so no matter what you're doing there is a benefit to the others going with you.

You can go to both towers and derelicts at any level as enemy level only affects how much damage you do and how much the enemies do to you. So if you see someone in chat asking for "+1 towers" or "+1 tower key farming" hop on!

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

DoombatINC posted:

Speaking of life support, has DE indicated what they're going to replace Survival with on outdoor maps?

They vaguely hinted around it on the Tenno Live stream. Some sort of thing where you have to stay around the objective to stay alive type of thing.

I like to space ninja to an enormous drum and bass playlist I found on Spotfiy.

Also, with some goading, the new Godsmack album :smithicide:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
All I wanted to do was check out how the game is these days. I'm getting that "Login failed, check your info" error. My password works fine on the website and to test I went and made a new account on a different e-mail account, which logs in and starts up the tutorial just fine. I put in a ticket but still :argh:

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
How long do you generally have to wait on support after they ask for your launcher.log and EE.log? I figure the message on the support site about long wait times has always been there.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I got an email thanking me for reporting the bug and the game works for me now after the patch. :confuoot:

I logged in and remembered that all of my weapon slots are taken up so now I have to wrestle some plat bux out of my wife.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
I haven't played since before Archwing. I don't know if I'm remembering running around on my maxed out regular Mag or if they tweaked the difficulty but I feel super squishy on my level 18 Mag Prime and am getting one shotted by regular rear end level 34 Grineer guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Spoken like someone who has not visited the majestic Goon dojo.