Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

SteveMcQueen posted:

Is there any reason to keep lovely old weapons that I've gotten to level 30? The Mk-1 Braton for instance?

None, sell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

seiferguy posted:

I just want to let everyone know that thunderbolt is the best mod in the game. If you have a bow and don't have it equipped, get it. It is glorious :allears:

(You may kill yourself a few times but it's a noble sacrifice)

Did thunderbolt finally get fixed to do more than 250 damage?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

SSNeoman posted:

I potatoe'd my Dread today and got its crit chance to 125%. I helped a Corpus Crewman experience flight by separating him from his lower torso. He flapped his arms while pinned against the wall, before disappearing into the ether. He looked so happy :3:

Dread is my favorite weapon in this game. Even if its not the best for every situation nothing beats slicing a row of five corpus in half or shooting through a wall to and seeing a huge damage floater pop up.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Coolwhoami posted:

I just recently started playing, and I noted that it strongly suggests to keep all mods you get. Is it correct to assume this is to have different levels of rank in them for different builds, as well as just to not sell them for a mediocre amount of credits? Also, is fusing mods of the same type together a good idea, or should I just stick to using fusion cores?

Never sell mods for credits, they are useful for fusion if nothing else.

Fuse mods of the same type first, its the most efficient way to go. Next best is mods with the same polarity. Fusion cores are best for mods like redirection or serration that take an absurd amount of power at high levels.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

vandalism posted:

Sybaris with 6 forms is top tier fron what I understsnuunderstand.

Isn't nearly every gun going to be good with that much work put into it?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Nessus posted:

Dumb question: I had an Orokin reactor blueprint already, and then I did the mission for this second one. This means when I get round to cooking that potato, I'll have that second blueprint, right? I am bad at this game

Yes. Reactor and catalyst blueprints (and a bunch of other things) have single use blueprints but you can have multiple copies of the blueprints. Just wait until you start doing void missions and get more forma blueprints than you can even build.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

A Spooky Skeleton posted:

I made a key for the Normal Raid.
Is it hard? I'd kinda like to see it at some point but am not sure what I should be doing to prepare, exactly.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/The_Law_of_Retribution

I have not finished the raid, but short answer is yes it is very hard. You need 8 people with top of the line gear and strong survival or crowd control abilities. You also are facing level 80 enemies and level 100 bosses that will shred you if you're exposed for even a second. The mechanics are much different than any other mission in the game, including insta-death puzzles.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

BeAuMaN posted:

:frogsiren: Alert for Animal Instinct for 45m minutes:frogsiren:

Be warned its a high level archwing exterminate mission.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

LordBaxter posted:

Grinding void missions makes me want to die.

I find void missions fun when I am just doing them for the hell of it. But running the same mission a dozen times looking for a specific part is ungodly frustrating.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

I have the Dethcube and Wyrm maxed out along with their weapons. Is the ballsack hoover worth making/buying?
Hoping it has enough attract power that I barely have to move in static defense missions.

Carrier is absolutely great and you will not be able to go back. The loot hoovering sounds so stupid on paper but it actually makes the game better.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Captainicus posted:

Wow, everyone really swears by the carrier. I stopped using it when they released Helios and after the first day it didn't bother me to pick up the things.

I really notice the advantage of carrier when I am using a very ammo hungry weapon. Right now I am using the Supra and Kohm a bunch and if my carrier dies I have a hard time keeping them fed.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

In my limited supply, the Strun Wraith is my best shotgun. How does the Hek compare or is there any shotgun with cool unique mods?

The Strun Wraith is unique because its the only shotgun I can think of that this recent shotgun buff made way worse.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Aesis posted:

Anyone else have problem connecting atm?

Yeah looks like the login server is down. It managed to kick me out right as I got the new stance too.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Everyone is complaining about poo poo when they could just roll a Soma.

I'm at an impass:
I've been ranking Cephalon and Hexus for Resonance and that sweet Boltor. Cephalon wants my Nova Prime helmet for the last rank but I have a really hard time letting go of Prime parts.

It pained me every time I sacrificed a potato to a syndicate, but prime parts are usually easy to come by. Unless you really need one specific part, then they are impossible to get.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Monolith. posted:

Newbie here. Does adding %X Element damage mod actually make your weapons do said damage?

Yes. They are some of the best sources of additional damage after direct damage mods like serration or hornet strike.

Damage types can be very important for fighting specific enemies. Using radiation type damage (a combination of electricity and heat type damage) against the Grineer gives you a 75% bonus against armored targets.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

rear end-Haggis posted:

Okay so!

Esteemed spergs and autismoids, dedicated spreadsheet dongers and minmax tryhards, the question I now posit to you is thus:
Is Atlas End-Game Content Worthy As A Choice For Them Towers What We Enter With Them Keys What We Got?

I hope so, his 1 is cool!

I like to think this video answer the question best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6FuMECgZ6w

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

why would I ever turn it off?

I don't understand this question?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Couple of questions.

I just got Ash Prime and loving it. I'm doing a gimmick ninja build using Dread, Kunai, and swords.

1. What is the best build for Dread?
2. How does Split Chamber work on bows? I put mine on and I'm still only shooting one arrow.
3. What is the best melee weapon to use? I want something fast and ninja like. Currently I'm using Nami Skyla but there's gotta be better.
4. What's the best build for said melee weapon.

Build for crit. Use all the non corrupted crit mods and hammer shot if you have it. Multishot works on bows but the arrows are usually very close together so it can be hard to tell.

If you want to go full weeb then get a nikana. It's a great melee weapon too.
My personal favorite is the Jat kitag though, play baseball worth a rocket hammer.

Nami Skyla has a great slide attack. Just pump attack speed so that hits faster.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Synnr posted:

Carrier should be a carrier and poop out little carrier drones if they make vacuum into a generic mod card.

Spiders. Just hundreds of spiders.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

2x Chesa Kubrow imprints as a gift of the lotus.

quote:

Chesa Kubrow Reward Alerts

Due to an error in Kubrow egg type generation many players hunting for Chesa Kubrow have been unable to obtain the breed since the release of Chesa without purchasing the egg from the Market. While the error has been fixed we understand the frustration this has caused Kubrow enthusiasts, and will be releasing an alert that offers 2 Chesa Kubrow Genetic Code Templates as a reward.

also this is the ignis buff

quote:

The Ignis has received a visual overhaul and has received the following stat changes:
    Increased fire range.
    Increased innate multishot effect.
    Added 2m punchthrough.
    Increased clip size and total ammo capacity

Shalebridge Cradle fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 21, 2015

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

SynthOrange posted:

Wait, they said the bug meant that found eggs cant hatch Chesas but bought ones can.

They've got species probability baked into the egg. :psyduck:

The weird thing to me was that store bought and dropped eggs are different. Now I wonder if alert eggs have different probabilities too.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

AlphaKretin posted:

The Chesa are Gift of the Lotus right? So they're on for 24h?

111 hours 45 minutes as of this post

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Fish Noise posted:

Well.

It's been quite a while since I brought the Ignis out.

How are you at -1 capacity?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

How do mods like firestorm and heavy caliber work on the ignis? Is accuracy even a stat on a flamethrower? Does a none explosive weapon have a blast radius?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Neo_Crimson posted:

Firestorm increases the cone of effect of the Ignis, while Heavy Calibur doesn't really have a noticeable effect. Both are 100% beneficial on an Ignis.

LtSmash posted:

Supposedly the ignis has an invisible laser that shoots at where you are aiming and the cone spreads around it. If you get that laser on a mob's head you can get a headshot with the ignis. If you have -accuracy you will have the laser be slightly off center but no noticeable effect on the actual aim of the cone and you are probably not gonna get headshots with it one way or the other.

Thanks for the info. I'm loving the ignis so far so I guess I need to actually get those mods.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Archonex posted:

Heavy Caliber does have an effect. It's just not as noticeable as a fully amped firestorm. Caliber decreases accuracy. Which for the Ignis is actually good since it'll increase the AOE of the damage. Less accuracy for the Ignis means the spread is higher. Which equals up to a ridiculously wide ranging attack with Firestorm.

Now, the best part is that if you pair it with Mirage and their first skill (Which creates clones that fire the same weapon you have equipped.) you get this batshit insane tidal wave of colorable fire that drowns entire rooms in insane damage. It makes a Tonkorage look weak by comparison. And since it has bloom with the right energy color selection you can literally permanently blind your team. I can't go three games without someone either commenting on how they literally can't see where they're aiming or outright shrieking in rage at their lowered K/D and efficiency. All while I literally get insane kills due to the punch through, damage, and spread on it. I've regularly gotten at least 500+ kills on farms when the other team mates have gotten maybe 100-150.

TL;DR: The Ignis is loving awesome and screw DE if they nerf it.

Well I'm convinced. Do you have a specific build or is it the basic: serration, split chamber, heavy caliber, elemental mods?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Atomos for a secondary. Just aim it in the general direction of a group and watch them turn to ash.

I don't even have every mod slot in mine filled yet and its already a very good murder machine. Be sure to slot ruinous extension, it is very important.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

AlphaKretin posted:

Ugh stupid pubbies let the relay burn DE are loving us with that drop rate it's not a reward at all. :negative:

Can I just say I'm not a fan of the qualifier "it's good with a bunch of Forma"? Depending on whether there are more than two people online actually playing the drat game (loving time zones :argh:), it's hard/tedious enough getting a weapon to level 30 once, let alone seven times, and plenty of weapons exist that only need to go to 30 once unless you're sticking around for multiple rotations of T4, and maybe I'm just impatient but I find 20 minutes without even the slightest chance to take a break, especially if my powerhouse is a melee and I'm just clicking blindly, is stretching it a bit as it is. It also doesn't help that I very much enjoy helping out newer players, so I'm rarely in a squad that could go to 40 if I wanted to anyway.

You're right that multiple forma in a weapon is just for really high level content. But I like big numbers and annihilating enemies with ridiculous weapons. I've found the melee weapons I really like don't actually need any forma and even then its easier just to let them leach shared XP.

Really though Draco makes leveling stuff way less painful. Just strip off any weapons you don't totally need and you can get a weapon 20+ levels in a 4 message run.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Cicadalek posted:

Best thing about the new quest by far is the bug that can happen at the end of the last mission.

Your warframe holding the operator like a loving gun is probably the most amazing thing i have seen in this game. I took a screenshot but it doesn't fully convey the goofiness of it all, it was like someone who has never seen a baby before trying to find the right way to hold it

Yeah I had that too. The weirdest part was just 2 seconds before that all the animations looked fine.

Also

What are sentients anyway? The lotus was a physical person but somehow teleported into the ship?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Once if the things I really liked about the reveal was that you didn't know you were a pod child on the moon. The tenno actually thought they were the warframe until they woke up and saw themselves lying on the floor. It was pretty meta as the player and actually clever for DE

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Gazaar posted:

The new shazbot would be muting that function.

I would pay 100 platinum for a feature where no one could mute my operator.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

YOTC posted:

New nunchucks? Neat. 1000 neurodes... That kinda sucks.

Compared to getting the entire clan to collect and donate Nitain that is almost nothing.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Kawabata posted:

Primes are not simply cosmetic improvements; you may argue that the difference isn't huge but it's still there. By artificial scarcity I mean suddenly removing something from the loot tables, making it "disappear" for a while creating a strong demand for it, then put it on sale as a limited plat-only deal. 1050pl for the Frost+stuff is just grotesque. I don't feel "cheated" or angry, maybe a bit disappointed. It's not something they've done before, everyone is hating it, and they don't seem to give particular fucks about it, which is kind of uncharacteristic of DE.

Now if they reappear again in the loot tables at some point they'll have ripped some $ off of people who can't wait and I'll have been wrong on this, which is completely ok. I just want the shinies, cosmetic upgrades are obviously the only Warframe endgame carrot.

They have said specifically that the prime vault is just a stop gap measure before the introduce the new star chart. Then the currently unavailable prime stuff will come back. Now we have no ETA on this change and no real idea how it will work. But the prime stuff is coming back sometime in the future.

Also frost prime is not a plat-only deal. You can get it right now by going into the void.

Blueprint - Tower III Sabotage
Helmet - Tower IV Mobile Defense
Chassis - Tower III Defense C
Systems - Tower IV Sabotage

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Kyte posted:

Nothing wrong with that, IMO. It's basically free rewards while they're whipping up content. They did just release a big update with a significant chunk of content and are working on releasing more within the next 20 days or so, after all.

Yeah these alerts are boring but at least they are simple. No keys to build or event resources to farm. Hard to be annoyed when they are giving nice rewards with no bullshit gating mechanics.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

A Lamer posted:

literally the only mod ivara needs is one that makes it so you can string enemies up with zip line by attaching one end to them, causing them to be taken out of the action and take damage over time, until they either struggle free or die.

Warframe: Just Cause

Though I guess whipping enemies off the map with valkyr should count for something.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Also, the Nistlebrush (candy-cane dog) kubrow pattern is back if you didn't get it last year.

I thought it came with 3 colors but its just the pattern, kinda annoyed by that.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Sandweed posted:

iron skin is colorable with the Palatine Skin.

This changes everything

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Male Man posted:

High range, as much damage as you can while staying at toggled efficiency cap. Turn on the day ult at the beginning of a mission and don't touch your powers again.

I've been playing around with equinox a lot more recently and you don't actually need power strength if you just want to use maim (you probably want to do this). The damage conversion is fixed and .75, strength just affects the damage of the initial slash proc which is tiny anyway.

If you want to use basically any other power you want strength over 100% though. Pacify actually makes enemies do more damage to you with low power strength.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Waffle! posted:

If I give a friend some of my old weapons, will they stay maxed or will he have to level them?

Can't trade weapons that have any XP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Alaan posted:

Our Maim equinox was outdamaging our Mag on corpus defense missions in yesterday's sortie.

I think I was that equinox actually. That was a perfect situation for big damage. The map was just the right size for my range and every time mag used shield polarize I got 100k+ damage to throw back at them.