Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I'm going to start playing this on PC again in anticipation of the PS4 clone tool showing up. Right now I'm trying to farm up Ash and playing around with that some. I've not heard much chatter on him, is he any good? I've got the patch downloading now, but if I remember correctly, I'm right about mastery level 4 nearing 5 and working on farming up the mats needed to make the ash parts.

Also been thinking if I have time to try and make a tankier frame like Saryn or Frost. Are there any suggestions for gearing one out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So with damage 2.0, is Mire a decent weapon? Turns out my character just has a Scindo and Furax and I'm not too hot on either, was thinking about getting a Mire or a dual heat sword set.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So I've started construction on the individual Ash parts and will start building ash itself when I get home. I'm going full on retard and I've decided when I get the new Ash frame I'm going to have a brand new set of level 1 weapons to go with it. I've settled on the revolver for my secondary, but still haven't decided on what I want to do for the primary and melee weapon. I already had an Amphis and Boltor pattern from the last stint of time that I played, but I don't know if I want to do a non-hitscan primary and I've heard absolutely nothing about the Amphis. I've already got a Boar and a Sturm and a Burstron floating around for primary weapons. Anyone have any suggestions for what to build that a Mastery level 2 person can equip?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Chubbs posted:

Yeah, you should bring a good primary weapon until your warframe levels up a few times so that you can start using abilities to supplement your weapons.

Starting over with everything unranked is a bad idea, it gimps you and actually slows down the rate at which you'll level up, because you'll mostly be relying on other people to do the killing for you.

Also, If you keep a good weapon then you won't have to stick to Mercury areas.

Fine, I guess I'll do it the logical sane way and not the funhaver all level 1 pluto way :sigh:.

I'll do level 1 Ash and a level 1 melee weapon (since I hardly use melee) and pair it up with my near 30 Burstron and Lex. Once I get the former two up past 12-15 or so I'll swap in one of the new guns etc. Still pretty sold on swapping in a revolver, ranking it up some for mastery, then upgrading it to dual revolvers.

Less so sold on any particular primary weapon. Burstron works fine, but its just about level 30 and I want to start leveling something else, and I'm not real hot on either the Boar or the Sturm shotguns (it doesn't help that I can't get poo poo for drops on shotgun mods). Already have a rank 30 Braton so going back to that does me no good. I did get a thunderbolt mod to drop last night, I could build a Paris and play around with that. By the time both Ash, Amphis, and the revolver are decently leveled I should be Mastery level 3 and could also try the Vectis. I've also got a Boltor pattern I've had since the last stint I've played, but from what I gather on the Wiki, it's not terribly great.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Helter Skelter posted:

Mastery 2? Sounds like the perfect time to build some Dual Zorens! For the primary, I dunno, Paris maybe?

Actually probably going to do Amphis since I've already got the pattern and the Zorens don't look all that good. Either way I get to be a unique snowflake because I never see those weapons being used.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So what mods should I be using on my Paris aside from Thunderbolt? I've got it to level 8ish now and am getting to the point where I'm able to actually start doing mods on it.

Does fire rate increase draw speed?

As far as elements go, looking at the damage 2.0 charts on the wiki, it looks like either Fire, Magnetic, or Corrosive seem to be ideal as there is nothing resistant to those types, only weak. I don't have a toxin mod but I can do potentially magnetic and fire, which between that and the piercing on the physical side of the weapon would get me reasonable to good damage against most any kind of enemy I encounter.

Also, I've only got off-polarity auras for my Ash, and at that I'm limited to Sniper or Pistol Scavenger or -Armor. I've leveled up the -armor and have been using that in as an off-polarity item. Should I just hold out and hope I get a +energy regen card and polarity shift ash into it or am I good just sticking with -armor for the time being?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

sleeptalker posted:

Yes, and reload speed decreases the time between shots, which can be useful if you want to rapid-fire uncharged arrows to cause more explosions.

Do uncharged bow explosions do as much damage as fully charged shot explosions?