Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

zgrowler2 posted:

His stats are meh, his 1 has issues connecting, his 2 is pointless, and his 4 has horrid pathing. He's a loot re-roller and nothing more.

I bought him for his 4. Terrible, terrible decision. AI pathing needs an overhaul.

Nekros is still my favourite frame. I just love using my Penta to blow up mobs, desecrating their corpses and then summoning them back to kill their friends. Well kill is a strong word for it, they mostly just aimlessly run around getting gunned down but it's the thought that counts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Shugojin posted:

Currently the only thing resembling balance on it is how easy it makes one shotting yourself.

Currently it does that really really well.

On the subject of the new UI, is there a way to switch back? I just did a survival mission and didn't even notice my air was so low till it was too late, when I finally did notice I looked at the mini map for the exit and all I saw was the yellow markers for the air supply. Now I'm certain one of them was the exit but it wasn't immediately obvious which one and with the screen getting angry with my asphyxiation issues it didn't really make for a seamless escape.

I don't think there was much testing before going live as I can't imagine anyone gushing themselves over taking all the info you need and throwing it as far away from the middle of the screen as possible.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Carecat posted:

Two of us didn't crash. Only the strongest Vauban survives!

Well I just unlocked my Vauban, any tips on how to build him? I just kinda wanna sit back, have a beer or maybe a sandwich while my tesla and lesser frame friends do all the running and gunning. Was thinking energy siphon, flow, focus and constitution since I don't have continuity yet. Anything else I should be throwing in?

Cainer fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 8, 2014

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Denzine posted:

Streamline and Fleeting Expertise and Continuity.

Alright so back to farming for fleeting expertise and continuity then, thanks.

Helter Skelter posted:

Focus isn't strictly needed on Vauban since most of the utility of his abilities doesn't come from them doing damage (though it does increase the number of enemies that Bastille can affect). I'd consider replacing it with Streamline instead, and see if someone has a Continuity they'd be willing to give/trade to you. Stretch is also an option for increased Bastille radius and Tesla zap range.

Also good advice, thanks.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 8, 2014

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Anyone having issues inviting friends to missions? Talking to them on skype and we can't see any of each others invites BUT we do keep getting invites from random pubbies.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Well my clan just finished the Zephyr research and we all went and bought the blueprints only to find you need 200 oxium per piece. That's pretty much killed most of my drive to be a flying birdframe.

I have like 20 left over from researching, tryed to do some Xini to farm more and not a single oxium drone spawns in 20 mins. Did they nerf it or am I just unlucky?

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

If Kappa is still Corpus controlled then it's probably the best place to kill drones at.

I'll give that one a try, it's just when we first started farming Oxium I was getting 20 or so every xini mission, made it pretty dam easy.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
I want to level other weapons but I got the Latron Prime a few days ago and I just can't stop formaing it! It's so such fun throwing shred and split chamber on it and having a field day with suckers who think cover will save them. Only problem I have with it is the reload time but since I have been leveling it with my Frost Prime its not been too much of a big deal, whenever I need to reload I just bubble.

Any tips on builds for it? I see it has a decent crit and status chance, should I try to work with that? Right now I'm mostly just stuffing it with split, shred, serration and a bunch of elemental mods.

Also, thanks again for pointing me toward Kappa, me and my friends have been grinding it out so we can build birdframe.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Metaprognosticate posted:

I just recently put 4 forma on it because it's so great, but 3 might be fine. The crit chance and base crit damage is definitely good enough to put Vital Sense and Point Strike on it.

You basically want a dash and at least 4 V polarities. Serration and Split Chamber is obvious. Then you need 2 more V for Vital Sense and Point Strike. You need the Dash for the Infected Clip or Stormbringer for your Radiation/Magnetic/Corrosive combos for your Grineer/Corpus/Infected runs respectively.

The last two mod slots are situational. I tried using heavy caliber on it, but this gun has way too low magazine size and slow reload speed that I don't think it's all that worth it. It's killing everything in anything but high level defense and survival in one hit anyway. I really, really like Shred. If you can hit 2 or 3 things at a time even some of the time, it's very much worth it. If you can hit something behind a wall that you otherwise couldn't have, it's very much worth it. Last slot, probably the standard bane mod and the standard cryo round for void.

Oh yeah, remember that you can reload cancel at 3/4ths of the reload. It does save a little bit of time. I still think Soma's better than this gun considering you can put heavy caliber on that and it can reload cancel at 1/2 of the reload.

Thanks much for the tips, so I just need to keep leveling and slapping forma on it then. While I like the Soma I just prefer the Latron cause I like doing precision headshot murderin.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Does the Ogris ever get better? I am heavily underwhelmed by this slow charging explosion throwing device, it just seems like a downgrade when compared to the Penta.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Hey did they nerf the rewards for invasions and infestations? Looks like a ton less dosh for doing them now. 10k for infestations when they used to be 20-30k and 25-30k for invasions when they used to be 50k. Doing the same mission 3-5 times to get paltry rewards doesn't really seem worth it right now.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

nacon posted:

Considering you can get 25k for a T3 Cap mission... which translates into 100k per 4 missions if you can get a T3 Cap train going... yeah, invasions aren't worth it, really.

I need to find a decent T3 farming spot, right now me and a friend do orokin derelict survival to get a ton of 1-2t keys but no t3 keys.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Lemon Curdistan posted:

The reason it's lovely is that you're perpetually starved for energy until you max an efficiency mod and everyone has maxed Energy Siphons, at which point you can spam your ult like nothing else, enemies drop energy faster than you can use it.

The sissy way is with blue orbs or Energy Syphon. Real manly Nekros's max out equilibrium and cut themselves to get energy back! I also just got Rage but I haven't really played with it all yet.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Any tips on making the Ignus into a killing weapon? I just threw a blue potato on it and its level 24 at the moment. Also got the Castanas built and loving the crap out of them, going to actually have to invest in some secondary mods for once.

Edit: How does split chamber work on the Ignis? Per trigger pull or per ammo used?

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Anyone know if there's a way to turn off the auto join? I consecutively get stuck in incredibly lagy games and I just wanna make my own without resorting to private.

Also, did a bunch of invasions, got three or so warnings that the Scolary brothers are gonna come and teach me a lesson but no luck yet. They seem to be incredibly lazy hunters.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Vauban Systems alert for PC.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Denzine posted:

• Added the ability to purchase Oxium through the Market.

10 plat for 1 oxium?! Its hard to even comprehend how dumb that pricing is, poo poo's easy to get anyway.

Well free gun is always nice, more rank xps I guess.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Decided to see what the raids played like and while disabling one of the rails I found a secret room and got an Enemy Sense mod out of one of the boxes. Pretty nice, always wanted to use the aura but it just couldn't compare to Energy Syphon.

This does kinda suck though, I just wanna play in the dark sector but tennos can't play nice. Oh ya, did the Goon alliance thing ever go through? Did you take a different name cause I don't see any Gooneer on the map.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Captain Keene posted:

Do the enemies in the rail conflict missions even drop mods? I did a few runs to see what they were like and the enemies don't seem to want to drop much of anything. The NPC Tenno thing is kinda cool I guess, but these missions really seem pointless.

Yes they drop things, went in there on my Loki and have been spending my time taking pics of all the enemies before leaving. The Tenno drop nothing but the bots do drop things. Only Have one of the bots finished, the fusion MOA drops Bleeding Willow the polearm rare stance.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Fusion Guardian MOA

Fatal Attraction
Second Wind
Striker
Antitoxin
Bleeding Willow
Reflex Guard

Orokin Drone

Fusion Core
Hush
Soul Punch
Terrify
Coolant Leak
Fired Up

Drone Guardian and Tenno don't drop anything.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 15, 2014

Cainer
May 8, 2008
I really don't like this system, one day of runs, two days downtime. The whole thing actually makes me resent clans/alliances trying to take over sectors because they're the reason that we can't run the new missions. Especially when they all say "don't worry we'll have the taxes at 0%" when the guys before them already did that and all they are doing is dragging this out.

The big problem I see with giving out a ton of money to guard/destroy the other guy is that those sabotage runs are extremely boring and a decent chunk of credits just isn't going to motivate me enough to try and beat the timer. Hell, on the first week where you would expect a ton of people to be active only one place beat the timer and that was on Eris, Ceres's one is really really close but its also one hour away till the timer finishes anyway.

I did enough of them to get enough pictures with my Super Spy Loki Cam and that was it, just seemed like a pretty big waste of time to me. This entire thing seems to be just too much hassle.

Edit: Sorry didn't mean to go on a rant.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Apr 17, 2014

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Gooneers battle for Venus begins

Edit: Removed the sirens, they're no longer appropriate.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Apr 18, 2014

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Denzine posted:

Solar rails have 75,000 hp. Each run removes 1 hp.

That is horrifyingly bad, what was the health pre-tweak?

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Vriess posted:

Which is double-useless because Banshee characteristically uses a bow, which is inherently silent!

If there's a cluster of goons and you shoot one, what's the point of silence when the others clearly see their dude go flying into a wall. They almost always face you and start shooting.

They actually react to their dead friends now?! I used to love shooting up a room with the paris and laughing as the survivors kept on patrolling the room while every once in a while taking a moment to check out the new art pieces splattered all over the walls.

In cool gun news I'm on my fifth and hopefully final bloody forma for the synapse. Such a fun weapon but drat is it ever time consuming and expensive to build up.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Holy poo poo, the other dark sector spot in Venus actually finished. That clan has to be out of their bloody gourd to have finished so quickly!

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Piell posted:

There's a kiosk in the dojo. YOu go into the dojo, invite whoever you're trading with, and then you can use the kiosk to trade.

Do you have to be in the same guild to do this? I have a few life strikes and an extra rhino prime chassis I would like to sell off for some plats.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Thrasophius posted:

Those greneer jet pack guys that knock you down with missiles and keep you there are drat annoying so it'll be nice to have a counter at least.

Just take out your melee weapon and block! I was pretty drat surprised when I tried that and it worked. Seriously though, those guys are dicks and I kill them at first opportunity every time I see them.

There any reason to scanning enemies? Got bored sometime last week and have been paparazzinjaing like mad, redoing boss fights and levels to get the rare jerks, freaking stupidly hard to find crawler lobbers.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Wales Grey posted:

If you scan an enemy type enough, you get a GOLD☆STAR next to the enemy in your codex. Don't you want to get all the gold stars? gently caress you, 2/3 J3 Golem Scans.

Well I'm still scanning enemies like crazy so I guess I do, currently scanning bosses.

Wow, they never ever send me messages but with all my boss killings today I have like 6 emails of "Your actions have consequences..." Wish they would just bloody attack me already, still don't have Hate.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Apr 22, 2014

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Working my way through the dojo weapons, trying to find some fun stuff but wow, do the people who design these actually play the game? Barely any have polarity slots, so right out of the gate most are severely disappointing unless I want to blow a potato on them which I don't, those things are hard to come by. Most of the weapons just don't seem very worth what resources you throw in to make em, I'm not made out of forma dammit! The only ones I have found that have been fun were the Marelock, Synapse and the Rocket Hammer. Marelock especially, thing is my favourite side arm for turning enemies into hamburger.

Grinding up the Torrid right now, I was not expecting a fart cannon. I don't suppose it becomes good by 30 does it?

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Denzine posted:

Build an Ignis.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

If you want both fun and useful from dojo weapons, get the Ogris and never look back.

Built them both, while the Ogris is decent I found its charge time and clunky reloading system to be really awkward and unwieldy, didn't really seem any funner then the Penta. Ignis on the other hand I have thrown a forma into but I have yet to reach the world ending murder machine I have heard tales of. Probably need to feed it more forma but I'm using those to build more terrible weapons.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Carecat posted:

AMPREX - A cool new weapon that sounds like Volts kickass 1st ability.

Thanks for the heads up, started researching it in my dojo.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

It does kinda make me sad but I love my Synapse and who knows, maybe like all the other Corpus weapons it'll be horrible.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

AndroidHub posted:

For me it will live or die by its starting polarities, I don't feel like dropping another 6 forma in another electric damage gun.

e: wiki claims it doesn't have any at all, I really thought DE had learned the error in their ways.

No polarities? Well that's a nice one stop ride to disappointment then.

Speaking of disappointment and annoyance, literally the first bloody mission I do without my Nekors and BAM the stupid stalker finally shows up and does he have my order right? No of course not! He brought me another drat Despair, I want Hate you stupid bastard! I have warehouses full of Despair and Dread but no Hate. Dammit I also forgot to take his picture before sticking him to the wall with my Paris.

Oh and I know I just said yesterday how 90% of all dojo weapons are all awful but for some reason I am really starting to like the Acrid. I haven't any idea why, it's damage isn't great or anything, I just like it.

Edit: Wow they gave Teno in the rail attack a loot table, I just got Berserker and 2 Rage from one run.

Edit2: Well that bites, I really wanted to desecrate him too.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Apr 24, 2014

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Azran posted:

You guys are missing out on late-night craziness by not joining Mumble. A guy popped into the channel and started interviewing us at 4 AM in the morning, after like half an hour of awkward goonyness he told us he was doing it for Twitch; someone found the channel and he even had a loving facecam for his ten followers. :psyduck:

It was incredibly surreal.

Richard Gamingo?!

Cheap Trick posted:

Well bully for you, all Stalker's dropped for me is an Intensify mod. Still felt good being able to kill him for once.

Sorry, if I could give these away I would, RNG is mean.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

That pretty much just happened to me. I thought once you killed the stalker you had to piss him off again before he came after you again, killed him a mission ago then moments later while doing that alert for the orokin catalyst blueprint that I just noticed, he shows up and wrecks my face.

Orokin Catalyst alert btw, not much time left.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Apr 25, 2014

Cainer
May 8, 2008
PC Vauban helmet alert, grab it while you can.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Shugojin posted:

Yeah you can get our swag as gently caress Psylotus on your shoulder for 30 plat as well.

drat I really want that, such an fantastic emblem. Whoever did it needs more high fives.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

hup posted:

I had this happen and I don't know why either

From what I have seen, if you lose all your shields when you are outside the ship in the vacuum then your shields will not recharge at all for the rest of the mission. Not sure if it's a bug or a working as intended thing. Happens to me all the time when I'm on my Nekros since I spec him low shields for Equilibrium.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Sandweed posted:

I decided to kill all the bosses to complete the "hero" challenges, Stalker was not amused.

What are those hero challenge things anyway, I've seen them pop up a few times but don't see anything in my codex about them.

In flaming death news, now that I have Formas to burn I've started rebuilding my Ignis for maximum murder and noticed I had picked up the Firestorm mod, not sure when I had gotten it from but looks pretty nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Shugojin posted:

They're just achievements. And Firestorm is the best mod on the entire three things it goes on.

Ah, the achievements are so weird in this game, I have Sentinel Mastery 2 and 3 but not 1. Can't wait to level my Ignis enough to use Firestorm then. I've already used it a bit on my Ogris and murdered myself far more efficiently then before.