Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Wife and I just picked this up as we are looking for something more pve after overwatch burnout.

Anything we should know going in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Do we have to worry about out leveling each other if one of us plays with the other? Or is it fairly chill?

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

So I got a 50% off and spent real money on fake money.

I now have the prettiest rhino. (all I bought was the colour palette and the edo plates. Got the best Rhino Helm in a mission and the Fargor skin too.) When I channel melee I'm like a loving Christmas tree, its amazing!

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Digirat posted:

Bright pink on everything or you're not rhinoing right

I donno mate, I've gone black and grey with orange accents. I look like a knight hosed a wreaking ball and dressed the resulting child in fairy lights.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

So the photo mode is fun!

Lemme see your tryhard fashion frames!

Also I joined the clan. That dojo, guys. Its like reverse tryharding in there, jeez.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

the same review got me playing two weeks ago!

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

My man.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

So I got a question about clans.

I've joined the goon clan and its cool and dope, and have already played with one awesome dude from it. But its huge and everything is kinda already done in it? Its like I joined IBM rather than a tech start up.

so I guess what I'm asking (while trying my best to not sound ungrateful.) Am I missing out by not being part of a clan from the beginning? Or is making a clan as boring as poo poo?

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

cool cool. thanks dudes.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

so launching warframe from steam just doesn't work today and running the launcher from the directiory give me a 10gig download?

anyone else having this problem?

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

DoombatINC posted:

You only need to tap sprint once, I think. It's wicked inconvenient either way, though, so I bound roll to 'C' - I don't think it's bound to anything by default.

mousewheel down baby. Its the way to live!

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Flipswitch posted:

I think I have a copy of primed chamber. :stare:

Well, you're rich.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

SteelMentor posted:

Been playing this game for about two months, really having fun with it but I'm at a bit of a loss with how to progress right now.

Done War Within, done Chains, got a good staple of weapons and frames all potato'd up but I'm really struggling to build anything resembling a good end-game build for Tridolon/Sorties.

Am I stuck endlessly pulling on that Derelict Vault slot machine and praying Baro brings the Primed Ability mods, or is it better to nut up and fork over the plat to by someone's spares.

Also Limbo is good and I will fight you

I also want help with this.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

After a long time, I started playing Mag again. Mag is fun as gently caress y'all.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Did all of you miss the new end game? Dojo cribs baby!

Interiorfashionframe!

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

I've forma'd the grinlok 4 times. And rerolled the my first riven for it 8 times.

Pls hlep.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Night10194 posted:

If you get it a +200% damage +120% multishot riven like I did it's actually a very good gun that owns.

Do not be ashamed of your grinlok.

It's now +240 damage +150 punch through -50 firerate.

If I get a crit I murder lines of lvl 80+ dudes. It's dope. But what I really want is something that pushes my crit chance over 100% but still gives me the 200% damage.

A man can dream.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

So after about 300ish hours over 2 years I'm at a weird point in the game. Before now I've had the story quests to push me forward and a pretty clear idea of what to do next. (I kinda think the early game is good.)

Now that I have everything opened up to me I don't really know what to do next or why to do it?

I mean I can work on upgrading spoiler mode, but why?

I have been working on getting my mastery up to use some purple mods I have, but I can already kill everything in the game a 1000 times over.

There so much to do, but I don't know why to do any of it or what to do next? I'm not complaining here, more I'm asking for direction.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

So is the game kinda just a collectathon from this point on? I'm just doing stuff to do it?

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Oh it's cool, I'm not complaining, I was just worried I was missing something. Up until this point there has been a pretty clear path to follow with a lot of diversions. Now it seems to be all diversions, that's ok though.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Yeah I think what people are asking for with end game might be endless game. Like the end game for the nodes was to get to war within. The end game of plains is to fight the eidolon. You are doing a thing to do another thing, and then you are done. But now there is no reason to do any things, do it to do it. Which is fine, it's much like real life.

I do wish it had a little more story though, something narrative to max out a faction or something, but then you get into the problem of worth, was this titbit of story worth the 100 hours of faction grind.

Game is fun still so I will keep playing, I just might try to be a little more focused on what I'm grinding though.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

So of the grinds I have open to me now, there is:

Gaining mastery rank up to 16 to use all the purple mods I have.

PoE.

Fortuna.

Leveling up spoiler mode.

Getting frames.

Getting more weapons.

Fashion frame. (But my fashion game is really strong already so I'm good here.)

Is there a good order for what I should focus on first?

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

clone on the phone posted:

Over 1k hours and I thought the same!

Don’t forget the new traversal grind; hang gliders. Use updrafts to maximise airtime and exp gains!

I want this so bad.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

I like the lore stuff and how it's presented with the cool diarama, more of that please.

Is that all gonna disappear once it's over?

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Oh thats good.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Inzombiac posted:

...poo poo
As much as I love this game, I'm starting to get burned out even when I'm only playing a couple times per week.

It's an issue I have with live service games as a whole. There's just no way for me to keep up and keep learning all the new stuff.
It's not really FOMO, it's just my limited ability and time.

I think that's why I gravitate towards Roguelikes more.

I love this loving game though. AUGH!

This game is basically designed for you to take long breaks from.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

I want another room in the ship where I can layout all my shiny killsticks.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Is Alad V in the new Jupiter boss missions set before or after he gets turned into an infested?

Like are the planets in chronological order or are the updates in chronological order?

If it's set after, how did he get back to normal?

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

I love this games lore, but I feel like I'm missing a bunch of pieces when it comes to the main plot characters.

Like I get Vor he's at the beginning, and we kill him. But then he's floating around the void yelling a bunch of poo poo at you. Like what key is he even taking about.

The other problem is that I kinda went through the star chart but didn't hit all the bosses, but also I did a bit of the star chart back in 2014 then a bit more in 2016 and it's been on and off since then. So I'm probably really out of order.

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

Arsonide posted:

Good words.

Thanks dude that helps alot! If you feel up to it could you explain Vay Hek and maybe some other. Bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoneMonkey
Jul 25, 2008

I am happy for you.

They say that every 18 months.