Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
I just started getting into this game myself. (Kaldaris)

I picked up the following weapons with pretty much no knowledge, just. 'This looks cool' and then I built it.

Primaries;
Karak, Latron
Secondaries;
Kunai, Magnus
Melee;
Gram, Furax.

Can anyone type any words on these weapons? Good mods to slot / better weapons? (I know the Galatine is better than the Gram)

I'm also using the Loki Warframe because I'm somehow a masochist that doesn't want any AoE at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Wilko posted:

I started with this recently too. Pretty much everything has changed since I last played, so what should I be shooting for at this point in time? I'm also using a Loki because it looked the best back when I started.

:hfive:

Same reason I picked the Loki. Though the whole 'going invisible and making decoys' thing does wonders if your teammates fall in Survival or Defense. (Or pretty much any other time.) Best rezzers for sure.

Really liking the Karak. Good all around damage, doesn't make me feel like I have to worry about changing it between missions.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Now I know what it feels like to be the lone Tenno operative. :(

20 minutes behind a bugged lockout door by yourself on a survival mission is pretty intense.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

hooah posted:

They're only an invasion-only faction now.

Don't fear because invasions happen literally all the time.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Wilko posted:

Theres a door on one of the Corpus capture missions that I keep locking myself in because the target runs in and then locks the door behind themselves, with no way to open it form the inside.
drat you locked doors for making me restart over and over. :argh:

This was a bug that said a console needed to be hacked to open up the door; except--

1) I couldn't reach any of the consoles
2) I had no idea if it was even possible to undo since the rest of my team seemed to be able to progress through the area with no problems.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=220049260

Used 3 Revives since they were about to refresh anyways.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

kloa posted:

Yea if y'all need spare mods on the PC, feel free to ask around.

I have 2 spare barrel diffusions that need a good home! (And probably some other goodies.)

How on earth do I go about trading?

Also, if anyone happens to have any spare Split Chamber/Hornet Strike/Continuity mods ...

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

zgrowler2 posted:

If you're on PC, I can get you the last two of those sometime tonight if you're online. Some other goon will probably beat me to it since HS and Continuity are relatively common amongst endgame players.

I'm on PC and my login is the same here as it is ingame.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Male Man posted:

Isn't that a Counter Strike mechanic?

Dagger speed buff only?

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

limited posted:

I really loathe Corpus missions now. They soak up tons of damage, eat your shields for breakfast, and are just utterly un-fun to fight because of those stupid helmets.

I'm only at rank 2, and the last boss I killed was Hek. Are there any easily available weapons that will make them less of a slog, or am I just boned until later?

Get a Karak.

Put +Impact/+Damage/+Cold/+Electricity on it.

If you can. Just any of those for the most part.

FYI the Karak is really good and really dependable against pretty much all the factions. You'd be well off putting a Rifle Ammo Mutation on it. It goes through ammo pretty quick.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

limited posted:

I got a glaive blueprint on my login, but it needs 6000 nano spores, of which I have exactly zero. :negative:

You collect these in the hundreds.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
What's the best way to acquire the Split Shot/Barrel Diffusion/Hell's Chamber mods?

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Many thanks to Einwand for helping me get Split Chamber.

You rock.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Evil Canadian posted:

I just installed the game, I believe there is to be a proper tutorial now? The game seems to remember my progress for playing it for like 30 minutes in the Beta and I am not quite sure how to access the tutorial? I have managed to fludge through the first few levels but the proper tutorial would help.

Also since I noticed the shop says half off all Platinum I bought some and picked up the Saryn frame(since the Rhino one everyone is gaga about is apparently gated by your level I could not purchase it). I got about 800 platinum left is there any good beginner frames/weapons I should pick up?

Volt's the best deal and the only one I've bought with plat. Apart from that, if you've got the time, things aren't really that expensive to or difficult to make.

Orokin Catalysts, Orokin Reactors, and Formas are usually the best things to get for plat.

I reccomend a Karak if you really must spend your plat on something.

Daric posted:

What does using Fusion Cores on your mods do?

I maxed out Shock, so is it doing more damage now or what? How would that work with stuff that gives you like 40% more vitality?

Fusion Cores add experience into your mods. Use them wisely! (And don't sell them)

The Wiki will tell you the changes to leveling up abilities. (Generally yes, more damage.)

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

hooah posted:

Is the Drakgoon worth putting a potato in?

Haha, yes.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Ice Fist posted:

Just played Volt for the first time since coming back. There's only one appropriate response to his new Q:

:stare:

Voltframe is bestframe.

I have no regrets spending five real cash dollars on him.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Helter Skelter posted:

There are no bad warframes. :colbert:

Valkyr ...

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Wilko posted:

I've seen people talking about different elements like magnetic damage, to get them you just combine the two elements that it says on the wiki with mods and then I'll start dealing that sort of damage? Or do I have to combine the mods into one somehow?

Are you in game? I have the perfect mod for you.

It's called Wildfire.

I've got one in my Karak.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

This should help quite a bit!

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I haven't tried the Seer but a lot of people say it's really disappointing. I would put those cells to something better like Magnus.

Better off building a Vasto. I built a Magnus and was very disappointed. :(

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Shugojin posted:

It irrationally bothers me that Phobos looks like Mars should with the red and the open and everything.

Phobos is literally the best planet. I really wish it was used more often. It's got poo poo open-areas, but it does make some of the best defense/survival missions.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Killsion posted:

So we all know Carrier is amazing, but you can swap sentinel weapons right? Is it worth getting another specifically for their weapon?

The shotgun is the best.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Hog Butcher posted:

Join pubgame, throw Vortex at capture target. Leave. Repeat.

For the uninitiated, knocking a capture target into the abyss with a Kestrel can produce similar results.

Have fun!

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Gotta say, there's a lot of players out there that--

*Spams AoE for the entire match and rushes through getting every kill.*

Pubbies! :argh:

Calm down. That's what happens when you blitz through with an AoE class on a marginally difficult mission.

Your ninja numbers are not that important.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Mine was a joke, the three "pubbies" were goons :ssh:

I wasn't actually directing it at you either. :ssh:

It was more a general statement.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I like the Dera and I'm pretty sure you can get that at 4.

Confirming that the Dera is a pretty swell rifle.

Please turn of bloom and colour correction when you use it. :(

Thranguy posted:

The Ignis is the main answer here. Starts up right away and barely needs to be aimed at all.

Takes a while to build if you haven't been acquiring Detonite Injectors in anticipation of making it, though.

Ignis also requires a Forma. These both do. Which can be a bit of a pain for new players to get.

Kaldaris fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 3, 2014

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Shugojin posted:

I was lucky enough to pull out 7 neural sensors from a 30 minute Elara run. Also a Charged Chamber, I guess.

Then the "50+ wave ODD" turned into two people bailing at wave 20. Then the Stalker spawned on the other person and instantly killed them, but ate a death from my Penta before despawning and he dropped... Dread.

However I got the Harvester today and it dropped both of the parts I needed for Detron so that's cooking.

Now I just need to not get in a car wreck on the way to work tomorrow. gently caress YOU SNOW AND BEING ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL

I feel like your avatar is the quintessential essence of this post that really ties the whole post together.

On that note, I still need Hate. What's the easiest way to 'farm' the Stalker?

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

redstormpopcorn posted:

Does this mean you can kill yourself with Ice Blast now?

God willing- Frosts will have an ability to end their own misery.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Improbable Lobster posted:

E: I'm in! Also there is a Potato alert for another 22 minutes on Saturn.

It's just a Cell.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Sleepy Owl posted:

I got a Hell's Chamber from an interception mission :smugdog:

I got split chamber from the Darvo mission. :wink:

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
I think the important thing to note is that the Dread can achieve a 125% Crit Chance with Point Strike.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

zgrowler2 posted:

Just got out of the Darvo alert and I thought it was one of the most well put together missions I've ever done despite being a Rescue. The banter and the Hyena miniboss fight were both really nice touches, especially with the animated portraits, and it felt really sleek. You could tell where the dev hours went for U12.

It's kind of my dream that every planet will have it's own tiny little story arch that lends to an overall story.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
I didn't see it posted yet, but.

PC: Hydra (Pluto) - Grineer (Extermination) vs Corpus (Extermination) - 46.83% Orokin Reactor Blueprint

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Synastren posted:

Over in less than half an hour! :v:

To be honest there's been so many reactor blueprints up in the last 2-3 days I didn't even bother going for it.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Farking Bastage posted:

Is the time I am spending farming Tolstoj for parts worth the secondary weapon?

If you've already got a few of the parts you might as well just make it for the mastery at any rate ...

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

ThugElectro posted:

What would be the best build for Volt? Shock, Sprint, Overload, Flow, Continuity, Focus, Streamline, Constitution, Narrow Minded and Stretch to counter it, Grab the Volt Storm Helmet when I can? I just want to zap dudes dead.

You don't need Narrow Minded and Stretch then.

Get some tank.

Mine has--

Energy Siphon, Blind Rage, Focus, Streamline, Fleeting Expertise, Vigor, Redirection, Flow, Shock, Overload, and Speed. (I switch out Fleeting Expertise for Shield every now and then.)

:EDIT: An image is more digestible for other people.

Kaldaris fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Feb 8, 2014

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I really, really like the style of Saryn, both visual and otherwise.

Is she garbage?

Her Spores are trash. Her Molt is questionably useful. Her +Toxic on melee is garbage. (Partially on account of melee in general being bad right now. We'll see if this changes in the new melee system.) Her ult is fantastic.

The problem really is, she's just kind of a one-button warframe. But if you build around her ult, her one button is pretty darn good.

It just sucks on most robotics.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Mercury_Storm posted:

Sentinels get kind of annoying because if they kill something you don't get ANY experience for it, and if their level and weapon is maxed that exp is wasted.

Luckily this is fixable by removing their attack precept from them entirely!

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Crit on Karak is pretty useless yes.

Build straight damage, it actually has very high damage per bullet.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

ullerrm posted:

Do tell.

1) Get T3 Capture Key.
2) Run T3 Capture with Fine and Friendly Goons.
3) Hope you get another T3 Capture key.
4) Did you? Technically you now have four.
5) 4 more chances to get another T3 Capture key! (And every time you do, you technically get another 4)

Enjoy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Aishan posted:

Compared to the usual survival experience I've had in the solar system, where most of the time we seem to struggle to break 5 minutes.

My survivals with pubbies and goons always seems to flounder because of terrible luck 5+ minutes in with Life Support drops. :(