Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

mechanicalFactory posted:

This gun outshines the Ogris.
You can control exactly when the grenades detonates, making the chance of accidentally killing yourself much lower. Even unranked the gun does a ton of blast damage, the best type of damage to do. The Penta also has really good modding potential, since Split Chamber works with it, as well as Heavy Caliber. Since it's a projectile based weapon, Heavy Caliber is free damage.
Right now, at rank 20 with a catalyst slotted, I got the Penta doing about 2400 blast damage every shot. And like the Ogris it uses rifle ammo.

The only complaint I have with the Penta is that I can't change the colors of the explosions.

Split chamber is kind of a waste though cause you can still only have 5 out at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

The trick is to just get enough mods that make weapons good against everything.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

You people with your boomerang ground-slams and your giant obscenely damaging greatswords. In my day we had a stupid metal stick called a Bo and we baseballed groups of enemies across the map with it just fine.

Why back in my day we didn't have alternate weapons! We had swords and more swords! Walls were for hiding behind and not for running on! And we didn't even have mods! And we all had 7000 shields and upgrades were a tree!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I think the game is trying to save you from the utter disappointment that is the paris prime. Going from the stalker bow at 30 back to the paris was just brutal. Sword arrows all day every day.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Mindblast posted:

Stalker Zanuka is the harvester. The lines you hear suggest that it spawning involves aiding the grineer. In what way is unclear. Maybe side with the grineer during a conflict?

I figured it had something more to do with the Jupiter fight. Maybe some way to kill what's his face with out killing Zanuka?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Denzine posted:

Yes but considering that the last major overhaul was damage2.0, which failed in every respect and is slowly being regressed, I have low expectations.

I dunno it will at least be interesting if they are letting you pick attack directions and stuff like mount and blade style. Also was 2.0 really that bad? Seems good to me in making armor penetration not 100% mandatory all the time.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I didn't know that weapons could have different crit ranges on the charges. That explains why the galantine is so good.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

You know I have to imagine that if they just made the physical damage type mods 5 or 10% more effective per level then elemental damage it would solve a lot of problems. If enemy resistances were more important it would make rainbow load outs not mandatory on every weapon.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Captain Keene posted:

To be fair, the Ogris is one of the few weapons that can claim the title of being worth every penny and ferrite. It's ludicrously fun to use.

You can also save a lot by doing the faction missions that reward already build detonite things.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I hope that new melee system lets me go all metal gear rising on dudes. I'm excited to have melee be useful beyond charged hits or impromptu rocket dashes.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Hey they can't all be Vauban.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Just play Rhino

I really wish they would go back and improve the terrible frames instead of just adding more who all fail to beat Rhino every time.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

seiferguy posted:

I just want to let everyone know that thunderbolt is the best mod in the game. If you have a bow and don't have it equipped, get it. It is glorious :allears:

(You may kill yourself a few times but it's a noble sacrifice)

Must be nice to have a thunderbolt mod. :saddowns:

Man I get poo poo for mod loot from everything.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Argas posted:

I got a spare thunderbolt if you're on PC.

Man I'd love a thunderbolt.

I've just had terrible luck with drops since the reset. Still haven't even gotten the real pistol multishot mod yet either.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Did they ever make master thief not garbage? Or is it still way too expensive for basically no use.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Helter Skelter posted:

Quick reminder: There will be a developer livestream today at 11am PST/2pm EST. Looks like this one will primarily be featuring members of the art and design teams, but they'll also have some general state of the game/upcoming feature stuff too.

Sheldon (the studio manager) also tossed up a post on the forums a couple days ago with some stuff to expect in the next couple weeks. Some highlights:

• Official introduction of the forest tileset on Earth.
  • Polarity management on forma'd gear.
  • New Warframe.
  • New in-game HUD.
  • New leader-type enemies that give buffs to neaby units.
  • Endless defense mode for the void.
  • Official list of void drops (outside the game, placeholder until they can work it into the codex).

Personal prediction: Update 12 on PC next Wednesday.

No mention of rocket powered polearms? Tisk tisk.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Helter Skelter posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

Also, the current Design Council vote for a community-designed melee weapon is favoring a sword & shield combo.

It's actually for 3 weapons.. I know the shield combo is in the lead but the others people are voting for are just normal swords and poo poo and sound so loving boring compared to the pile bunker and knife chain whip thing.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Kris xK posted:

Can Prime Warframes use alt helmets from the regular frame?

Yeah but they look hosed up cause the prime frames look so drastically different.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Vriess posted:

Energy Siphon

E-Prime. 50 minutes.

Go go go.

I swear to god if this is a PS4 alert I'm gonna stab you.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Male Man posted:

Excalibur Prime's shields recharge slightly (~10%) faster.

You forget the second benefit of excalprime in that it looks totally awesome. But yeah kind of lacking like normal excal. God help us if they make Rhino Prime.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

They should make it dark souls style invincibility while you counter.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I wonder what new poo poo will use the extra macguffiniounium since nothing currently uses it.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

animaCartographer posted:

Cool that 2 of my top 3 were winners, but man I really never wanted those tonfas, they seem so boring gameplay wise compared to the other options that were there. (I wanted that pile bunker so bad.)
Man gently caress those tonfas anyone who voted for another useless fist weapon is so dumb.

Oh what could have been...

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Sandweed posted:

Planet drops in droppods W40K style.

Naw gently caress that go Section 8 style and just having people JUMP OUT AND PUNCH THE GROUND TO LAND! Section 8 was great cause you could kill people and mechs by landing on them.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Mercury_Storm posted:

I've seen a lot of people running around with the bird, so I guess they're making decent money on it. But then again the type of people who want it RIGHT NOW are probably the type that wouldn't have a fully stocked clan anyways.

Also that tornado ult blows. Literally blows mods all over the place into pits and inside ceiling pipes, so I would probably never even use it unless it was in a completely smooth and enclosed area. Looking directly at one also quarters FPS so way to go DE?

As one of those people let me say you should be glad there is a delay on build time. Almost all of the birds powers are broken and hopefully there will be a fix soon. The shield doesn't work in any capacity. The dive bomb works one time then stops dealing damage or knocking anything around. The tornado is cool but doesn't do enough damage and just ends up hiding bad guys.

At least flying around is sweet and you have an awesome low gravity effect on all your jumps.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Washin Tong posted:

Flying around is the best, you'll never have to parkour or go around huge gaps ever again.

I think Tornado is going to be pretty great, it's basically Vortex on steroids with even more hilarious physics. It's not a room clearer like M. Prime but it provides good area crowd control and damage. Two things should be fixed though: 1. You can only change the element of the tornadoes if you're the host. 2. It knocks item drops around so they sometimes get stuck in the ceiling. I think Vortex used to do this as well but they fixed it eventually.

Divebomb does suck right now so it's mostly useful for trajectory control.

To be honest I didn't even bother with Turbulence for more than 10 seconds so I didn't know it was busted, I'm too busy flying around at Mach 3 to get hit by stuff :black101:

All in all broken Birdgirl is the most fun I've had with a frame (and I've tried them all except Nekros). By the time the clan research is done hopefully a few hotfixes will be out and she will be a total blast to play.

Oh don't get me wrong the abilities might be broken or not good but god drat flying around is so much fun and low gravity just feels like a cheat code.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Helter Skelter posted:

Initial Phage impressions: it owns, get it immediately upon reaching mastery 6.

All of the weapons are fantastic. The rocket hammer is godly. Even the twin pistols are the best twin machine guns in the game. They don't instantly run out of ammo, are pretty accurate, and deal great damage.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Well hopefully that fixes one of birdframe's powers. Just one more to go!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

And to explain why this is suddenly something you can do:
They first introduced new Void loot tables in update 12.
Then in hotfix 12.0.2 they removed cores and resources from the drop table, and this made the chance of a key drop high enough to keep playing T3 Capture for a very long time from just T3 Capture rewards.

I'm not sure if you can keep playing infinitely off just T3 Capture rewards, but I've never seen a goon group starting with 10 keys stop running a capture train because they ran out of keys. And with a good team, a T3 Capture takes at worst 5 minutes, and gives 25000 credits as a reward.

They changed the reward table not the actual in level drops.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Insert name here posted:

So according to the wiki, it takes 200 Oxium to build each Zephyr part, for a total of 600 Oxium required to build the Zephyr. Going to have to grind more Oxium now. :negative:

Precisely why I just bought the thing.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Pierson posted:

New dudes don't know how lucky they are with individualised reload animations. Back in my day every gun fired from an invisible clip taken from your side and put onto the bottom of your handle! :corsair:

Man I remember when it was amazing that we got a melee weapon that WASN'T just a sword!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

You could always make a bunch of accounts and trade the starting platinum to yourself.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

QQmore posted:

Ah yeah, this and a Loki with akvastos for a twirling gunslinger.

I wish I could give everyone that idol animation that the Rhino has where he points his dual pistols all over the place like he's in Equilibrium.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

I hope so cause I just want to be doing that all the time.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Alteisen posted:

Just one more injector and I can make an Ignis. :woop:

I just made an ignis and man that gun is crazy. Especially with the element system shooting a stream of explosions out is hilarious.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Did they finally make turbulence work and not just let everything hit you anyway?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Azran posted:

Rhino is really loving good for all content, so go with that in terms of efficiency. Now, fun? Valkyr lets you play Canadian anime batman with ripline, and that's all that matters.

I've been having a lot of fun pretending to be iron man with zephyr.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Ice Fist posted:

I didn't see this posted. But there was a 23.5 dev stream where they do nothing but talk about melee 2.0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycb0EbbCji8

Everything they're talking about is making me really anxious for this.

Oh god even more mods. I already feel terrible leaving so many things out of my builds. :negative:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Denzine posted:

three fat guys and a gigantic loving pile of melee mods no one will be able to slot.

I do have to laugh when they are like "Oh no melee 2.0 isn't next week it's really far off... like 2 weeks." The speed of warframe updates is kind of incredible compared to like every other f2p game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Zebrasectomy posted:

Is it worth being the True Laziest Teno and dropping some of my founder's plat on a carrier? I'm pretty much just saving what I have for potatoes and cosmetics now.

It's worth buying a sentinel since you get a ton of slots and with the carrier you get one of the best sentinel weapon.