Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

22 Eargesplitten posted:

It is literally the best dps of any primary, barring the boar prime.

More than a maxed out Synapse? Sure it'd have way more range, but I thought Synapse had the highest possible DPS of any primary now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I'd avoid ever platbuying a weapon that has a Prime equivalent, because you'll end up eventually getting/using the Prime version anyway since they look cooler and generally have slightly better stats and existing slot attunements.

Weapon slots, reactors, and frame slots are always worthwhile purchases. Hoover (the resource sucking/shotgun sentinel) isn't a terrible platbuy for a newer player, since it can take awhile to farm up & build, and he'll tremendously improve your farming experience. If you want to pick up color packs for space ninja dressup, "saturated classic" is the best one.

I can, however, recommend picking up Vauban if you want to buy a frame, since he's stupid annoying to get the "free" way and is probably the second or third best frame for defense/mobdef games, especially against corpus and infested.

Never buy keys, mods or resources (except reactors and maybe a forma if you really badly need one RIGHT NOW) with plat. They're just too easy to farm for, and the exchange rate is godawful.

Fakeedit:
Also what Pierson said, minus the nanospores. Grab credit/resource buffs and power farm with other goons over a week/weekend.

Realedit:

Shab posted:

Are there are ways to unlock warframe slots other than straight up platinum?

No. What you can do is farm up rare mods and trade them for plat with which to buy more slots though.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Feb 18, 2014

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Now I regret just burning 950k credits and all my rare 5 cores to get serration up to 9 last night.

Oh well, bumped steel up to 6 for those free platcores.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

They recently edited the original post clarifying that users will in fact get 2 platcores per steel charge.

I wish I had more than 2.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Denzine posted:

Changes to Void:
- Keys as end-of-mission rewards have been removed from T2 and T3 missions. T1 missions still can reward keys.
- All Prime Parts found in Void are now trade-able.
See Sheldon’s entry here about the changes: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/182179-void-master-void-faster/

Wait, so how the hell are players who don't already have everything they need from the void supposed to reliably farm large quantities of keys now without burning a minimum of 20 minutes per survival mission?

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I just finished baking Zeph and haven't touched my tailwind yet, if you want to trade your copy for it sometime.

Why no ulti in your build? From what I hear it's her most useful "kill everything" skill.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I've been helping a lowbie friend grind mats for rhino/useful weapons and leveling birdframe at the same time. Ran into some issues on Xini with her Zephyr skill.

Occasionally ALL THE DAMAGE will just go right through while the skill is up, for no apparent reason. Any ideas/suggestions to prevent that happening?

Edit:

Yeah, just hook up with other goons doing farming runs to finish off your MK1 to 30, otherwise you'll just end up re-buying it to level later and it will be more painful then after you've used good weapons.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 21, 2014

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Re: power balancing

They need to just accept that energy is a lovely mechanic in an RNG-drop-based system (Energy Siphon notwithstanding) and steal Mass Effect's shared local/global cooldown system for abilities (and steal the universal ammo clip concept while they're at it).

For example:

Rhino
Dash (5s global cooldown, 5s local cooldown)
Iron Skin (10s global cooldown, 30s local cooldown)
Roar (1s global cooldown, 30s local cooldown)
Stomp (15s global cooldown, 45s local cooldown)

Low to medium global timers on Rhino with longish local timers to keep people from spamming stomp on a non-caster-focused frame.

Vauban
Tesla (5s global cooldown, 5s local cooldown)
Bounce (5s global cooldown, 15s local cooldown)
Bastille (5s global cooldown, 35s local cooldown)
Vortex (5s global cooldown, 55s local cooldown)

Low global timers on Vauban to reinforce his "ability spam" role, but reasonable local cooldowns to keep him from dropping 10 bastilles on the objective at the same time.

Etc...

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Speaking of 4-forma Vauban... (what's the 4th forma polarity? I've got 3 in him now and I'm debating what a 4th would be used for or if I'm better off continuing to dump forma on Brakk/Synapse/Ignis)

OP/this thread could use a gallery/list of goon-recommended builds for each frame for max effectiveness at a given task. I know there are quite a few scattered through the thread, but many of those are (possibly) outdated and you've gotta dig around for half a hour before finding them. Something for new/newer players to "work toward" as they play.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

So what's the exact process necessary to get the Grustrag Three to spawn, and where will they spawn after you've completed the requirement? Is it as simple as "do missions for Corpus" in contested systems and then they spawn on you in future grineer missions?

Need to farm up Brakk parts and all those sexy mods they drop.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Zeph is probably my favorite frame at the moment for everything but Infested. Mobility is king.

That said, her shield is really frustrating when it randomly decides to stop working. It feels like the rng/blockchance happens in large chunks instead of an even dispersion, like it blocks everything for 75% of the duration, then nothing (or almost nothing) for the last bit until it expires. It's weird.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

...diminishing returns on straight +damage mods

Elaborate. This doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't it be increased returns seeing as HCal's damage increase effects elemental mod damage like Serration does?

Also maxed HCal is a necessity for best Synapse/Flux/Ignis results.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I seem to recall a maxed HCal making Ogris significantly more dangerous for the user, but maybe I just don't have the skills to live dangerously.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Wouldn't the core have to have all 10,000 HP remaining to get that score? Or did they change how the scores are calculated.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

My default loadout for any Grineer mission now is (any frame) + Ignis + (secondary to actually kill things).

Feather the Ignis as you're running through the level to kill all hidden traplike poo poo. As a bonus, it works great against low-medium level Grineer as well.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

That gun just screams...

quote:

AMPREX

This gun makes you regret pumping 5 Forma into your Synapse! Witness firsthand the effects of power creep with NEW SHINY that's over 9001x more powerful and useful in every situation than every other primary currently available.

Been wanting to kill enemies on the other side of the map but can't mod your ult to reach that far? No problem! Just fire the AMPREX at a nearby enemy and watch the devastation chain its way across the entire level. Click and forget is the name of the game!

Makes the Ogris look like child's play.

Only 12,000 Tennobux(c) plus 382.75 plat for rush delivery!

But maybe that's just me.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Credit tax on plat trades is bullshit high, as is the 1m credit tax on legendary mod trades. Of course all the new shiny primed mods are legendary status, naturally. Gotta keep the credit sinks coming fast and strong.

Between gunslinger and prismchick, which is the more fun frame for screwing around solo? I main Loki if that provides a point of reference.

Flipswitch posted:

Question for Vaykor Marelok goons, what end build and forma polarities are you ending up with on the pistol? It's a drat nice gun but I'm a bit unsure on an end build. I've got 2 forma on it at the moment but I'm about to finally max my Hornet Strike and I need to forma it again to fit it onto my current build.

I've been using Hornet/Barrel/Lethal start, three Ele/Status mods, usually Deep Freeze to get that second combined daamge type and then a flat - elemental mod for raw damage.

Personally, I like running the silence mod in the last slot for sneaky missions/kills since it's pretty much a pocket sniper and has absurd damage already.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Toss me like a bronze core or something and I'll just give you one. I've got 5 of them laying around I think. They drop like candy now compared to how hard it used to be.

PC IGN atlas86

edit
I'll be offline by then, I'm sure a random goon will hook you up with it by then. If not I'll be online tomorrow evening 6-10pm EST if you still haven't found one.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 1, 2015

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I've had the G3 pop up about one-in-5 missions over the last week, so they must really hate me. Only seen one stalker and one zanuka in the same timeframe. Been mostly playing invasions and siding with corpus, so that may have something to do with it. Not that it really matters since I got the brakk during its initial event and we can't trade them (yet).

It also feels like syndicate assassins are popping up more frequently. I haven't gone a single day without at least one paying me a visit during a drat spy mission.

For reference, I only play ~fifteen missions in a given day.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Pretty sure the wiki is wrong w/r to Argon Crystals dropping from Vay Hek on earth. Ran him (and the nightmare variant) a dozen times each this morning, got zero Argon.

Of course then the handful of T1 exterminates and caps didn't drop any either. Blargh.

I'm just trying to build Hydroid to enable better farming. RNjesus knows and is angry.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

This event actually finally convinced me that literally nobody with any kind of decision making power at DE actually plays their own game, and the person who signed off on the final version should be fired.

I've got more than one video of myself spinning in circles around a bursa, 2 feet in font of it, not cloaked, with the drat "out of range" message flashing up constantly. Not to mention the other bugs like it occasionally not spawning even with 4 players who all had offerings equipped, or when it spawned outside the map. I couldn't even bring myself to mess with pubs doing it after I finished, it was so painful.

That said, the quanta vandal is amazing (never used the base version). Looks like it will need about 3 forma to be fully pimped out; is it viable in actual endgame content? Seems to be much like a rifle version of the phage, what with extremely good ammo economy and amazing range for a beam weapon.

Edit
I did about 1200 points worth solo, but I had to team up to finish off the last 300 because gently caress level 90 corpus reinforcements combined with the bursa's bullshit.

Edit2

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Put a maxed out Multishot mod on it, equip Mirage, cast Hall of Mirrors, spam cube grenades. Either everything in the room with you will die, or your client will hardlock, with very little in between :getin:

Must acquire Mirage to test my new system, stat.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Apr 26, 2015

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

A far better way of handling the event would have been for it to immediately detect a potentially fraudulent transaction, have you re-hack it to brute force the upload, then force you to defend it against (x) waves of strike forces as the transaction uploads, then have you kill it once the transaction goes through. At least then you'd be doing more than sitting around.

Instead, you had to sit around for multiple minutes and were forced to use a handful of specific frames that could handle level 100 enemies with constant CC and tons of bugs like I-am-standing-right-in-front-of-you-why-the-gently caress-does-it-say-I-am-out-of-range-goddammit-de.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

victrix posted:

Anyone have some links to some cool 60fps physx videos? I'm trying to show off how insane Warframe can look to a friend, but most of the videos I can find either aren't 60fps, aren't physx, are old as hell, or have someone running around in a newbie frame shooting a braton or whatever.

Just recorded a 60fps 1080p Oberon Hek/Synoid/Tipedo Phorid invasion run with everything graphically maxed except DoF and Motion Blur, cause that poo poo makes me sick.

Dunno where to upload a ~1.75gb video that won't rape the quality, so I'm kicking it up to my webhost. Eta ~40min, will update with link once it's done.

Edit
Here ya go. Right-click save-as. http://sushibandit.net/somethingawful/warframe_pretty.mp4

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Apr 30, 2015

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Anyone running sweetfx with Warframe? Can't get it to work for the life of me, and yeah I've read through the wf forums thread on it already.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

Does this game just not scale when you do missions single player? ...went back to Earth to do what appear to be low level missions and I'm failing left and right.

Bosses scale based on the conclave rating of all players if memory serves, but that's it. If you're failing missions on low level planets, you either have no mods or no frames/weapons leveled up. Joining a clan will help with the latter, farming popular missions or trading will take care of the former.

Could also jumping into the recruiting channel to let people haul you around through t2/t3 void missions to get plenty of mods and cash quickly.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The syndicate buffs should start at (what they currently are) and scale up to (125%?) based on your current rank in that Syndicate so as to reward people who grind up to max rank and actually stay in the same syndicate they got the mods from. That would help encourage a more active trade in syndicate stuff as well since people would be less inclined to just cycle between themselves.

Unfortunately, I started with Meridian to get the Hek mod. Not looking forward to crawling up from -44k to get the large shield / energy restores so I'm not gimping myself.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

Let me tell you the Perfect Team for T4D.

1) Mesa. The heavy lifter. If you are at any point doing anything but Peacemaker, all the enemies who can be targeted with it are dead so you can basically just wait.

2) Limbo. Cast Cataclysm. Frost is worthless in comparison, Cataclysm can't really be broken. Carry a Synoid Gammacor for emergencies, aka something doing the unlikely and getting into the Cataclysm.

3) Rhino. Arguably the most varied role! First, Roar the Mesa to add to its power. Second, use Iron Skin and the Torid so that you can step out of the Cataclysm safely to pop Nullifier bubbles. Third, Rhino Stomp in emergencies.

4) Greedy Pull Mag. Pull all the loot in near Wave Cleared. This has the bonus effect of topping up Mesa's energy for little effort.

3) Nekros. Arguably a highly flexible and optimized pick for maximizing bonus credit, material and affinity drops during long runs. Punch augment allows him to instantly remotely res downed allies, and his 3 skill makes for a great panic button. Desecrate augment allows you to drop flow in favor of vitality and leaves all your energy available for panic and respunches. Equipping a sniper rifle to pop heavy units allows his 4 skill to make a decent damage sponge in emergencies.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Kyte posted:

Well yes I mean people somehow like defense despite how lovely it is.

I like defense because it makes every enemy on the map converge on your location. What they really need to add is a nightmare/special mode that increases spawn rate by 500% on defense maps. Multi-stage missions would be nice too (think some of the older TF2 games that occurred in three different "phases" unlocking a new segment of the same map each time).

That said, I've been quite enjoying the spy 2.0 system and new vaults, but haven't bothered diving into archwing yet because the one mission I tried to do aside from the storyline one was miserable in every way.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

New bow looks like a slashing weapon that will be easily obtainable by newer players, given that getting the Dread is entirely reliant on RNG.

Megaman cannon will be a day-1 build for sure, regardless of how bad it is.

Feindfeuer posted:

Loki Prime looks terrible, he looks sluggish and slow compared to the original.
He looks like he can actually make use of the melee buff that invisibility grants. Personally, I like his crablike armor additions and the bling (his prime helmet is fugly though).

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

BeAuMaN posted:

How much do those Arcane Rhino Vanguard helmets go for, the ones that boost your speed?

I sold mine for 280 about a month ago, and I've seen them going for 300-500 in trade more recently.

PathAsc posted:

Holy poo poo, those seem to be terrible and awful to obtain. I get that taking damage is going to happen quite a bit, but trusting de to work out procs is pretty :psyduck:
Maybe it's just me, but I see none that are worth the effort necessary to obtain them.

Yeah, nah, they're pretty much all lovely, terrible, pitiful excuses for "replacing" the arcane helmet effects. It'd be funny if it wasn't infuriating. If they were reasonably farmable it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Brakk & Syndicate weapons exist, thus all other secondaries (such as the Detron/variants) are irrelevant.

Karak at least looks pretty cool.

New bow seems...pointless. Apparently it can only be fired from a full draw, and it doesn't have the stats for a crit build which is the only reason Dread/Paris.P are usable.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Too bad sniper rifles suck.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I will gladly accept the higher rewards for continuing to help Rev. Nef spread his message of peace and profits.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

xyigx posted:

Atmos + max level ruinious extention(drops off jackyl) is the most god drat funny and broken poo poo ever. Please de don't Nerf this.

Does it work decently enough as an amprex replacement? DPS looked pretty low even with a couple forma in it.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Someone in clan was asking about macros during a Draco run earlier.

Note that people have reported getting banned for using macros like these, but DE support has removed the ban and replied in every occasion I've seen stating that the ban was incorrect/these types of macros are permitted. I've not been banned myself, and I always have these running in the background while I play. But like with anything else, use at your own risk.

Anyway, here's what I use (all ahk compiled executables named things like "explorer2.exe"):

g.mag

quote:

#If WinActive("WARFRAME")
{
*1::
While GetKeyState("1", "P")
{
Send {1 down}
Sleep 100
Send {1 up}
}
Sleep 250
Return
}

nekros

quote:

{
*3::
While GetKeyState("3", "P")
{
Send {3 down}
Sleep 100
Send {3 up}
}
Sleep 750
Return
}

akboltos

quote:

{
*mbutton::
While GetKeyState("mbutton", "P")
{ ;will loop while middle mouse button is pressed
Click Down
Sleep 5 ;firing animation
Click Up
}

Sleep 7 ;jam delay. If the weapon tries to fire too fast after the previous shot, it will jam, slowing it immensely. Can be set to 0 on weapons that cannot fire if not charged, like the opticor.
return
}

;The exact times may change depending on the mods you have installed(and on arcanes you have active), but unless you want 100% autismal precision you shouldn't have to try too hard to figure it out.
;table of useful times:
;Opticor with Vile Acceleration: 535(half charge)/0
;Rakta Ballistica with Lethal Torrent: 700/325
;Rakta Ballistica with Lethal Torrent and Gunslinger: 435/200
;Lanka with Vile Acceleration: 725/15
;Akbolto for rapid fire: 5/7

~~~

Kyte posted:

Too bad Iron Skin looks like crap.

Grineer color set, leftmost column, 2nd from top. Looks identical to prime gold components. Literal golden statue look. Will provide screencap tomorrow if necessary.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Denzine posted:

All semi-auto guns have a 10/sec fire rate cap. You cannot fire faster than that regardless of mods etc. I have no idea why it was put in, DE hasn't responded to any questions about it.

As-posted the total delay between shots is somewhere in the region of 12ms. It's easier to just press a single button and hold it for max ROF instead of spam clicking.

As requested. At work, so the graphic settings are all turned down a notch. Also using the rubedo-plated skin, which might affect things.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Karak wouldn't be that bad except the doge event that literally just happened let everyone who didn't already have one get the Strun Wraith, which is several times more badass of a primary, shotgun limitations aside.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

So how does the whole 75% coupon thing work and does anyone have one?

Also I don't have PMs, hit me up ingame if you've got a coupon I can use. "thesushibandit"

Conducted transaction with Azran, service was prompt and as-advertised.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 22, 2015

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

This is gonna be a good weekend.

1st was Tikal, 2nd was Cameria. Earth / Jupiter respectively. Greedy mag can solo Tikal to 1k piss-easy, but having a nekros along for the ride is just that much more loot. Especially if they're rocking the dropchance/boost as well.

Everyone should sell any mods necessary to at least pop on a 3 day material droprate & dropamount during this weekend. You'd have to be stupid not to spend a day farming up all the mats you'll ever need ever again.

Oh yeah, and a 5-minute t1 surv solo run got me 21 argon.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Login servers appear to be hosed.