Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Is there any purpose to building two of a companion? I accidentally bought a Taxon blueprint on the market, not knowing I'd be getting another one before the first was done building.

Likewise, is there a way to remove blueprints from cluttering up my foundry? Do I even have limited blueprint slots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Boy, I can't wait to be given the ability to drop an absolutely absurd amount of space cash and/or funbucks on a railjack. And maybe an archwing. Because I'm kinda getting tileset fatigue. Like, I'm not even up to Mars and I have a decent idea of exactly where I need to go for loot or whatever when I enter a given room. I do like the tilesets better than the identical square hallways most procgen dungeons use or the completely illogical layouts you can find elsewhere (Mostly because here I've got no reference point for whether a given room layout is illogical. Is that glowy thing a reactor, a weapon, or a food dispenser? :iiam:), but they are a tad samey from instance to instance.

On a different note, what were the previous Nightwave seasons like gameplay-wise? Because I'm digging the sleuth segments and the Cephalites make a nice intermission from standard combat.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Let's not forget natural surfaces, I've spent a good minute at the bottom of a cliff on Earth trying to jump up it while the rest of my team waited at extraction. Then I noticed there were stairs ten feet away. :bang:

Mars cliffs are at least more forgiving.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I was slightly underwhelmed when I picked the kunai as my starting secondary. Then yesterday I picked up Concealed Explosives. :getin: And supposedly there are melee weapons and possibly primaries that are also thrown, so I may just become Explosion Man, Lord of Explosions.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I'm starting to run out of weapon slots. Is there a way to break down weapons for materials, or should I just sell the ones I don't need?

On a similar note, is there any significant benefit to crafting a kitgun or zaw? Besides getting to interact with Zuud, that is. :buddy:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It's vaguely disconcerting when I hop into the Plains or the Vallis to do some fishing or mining and at least one other person is running a bounty mission. I always feel like I should be contributing. Even if when I go try and contribute everyone gets 500 meters away from me in under a second and by the time I get there I can do like 30 damage a hit to a level 45 dude. At least this time the guy I was with was kind enough to pick me and my level 2 kubrow up whenever we died, which was often. And I learned how to steal one of those flying gun platforms, which let me actually contribute when I was low enough to the ground to see what I was shooting at.

And I don't want to just play solo, that's rude. :ohdear:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Better signposting of mission failure conditions would be nice. I've lost like three missions now because, near as I can tell, I was being timed and nobody told me. In their defense, it does make sense that after I destroy the coolant on a reactor, I would not have all the time in the world to finish searching out the caches, but put a goddamn timer on the screen.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Okay, which of us is stupid, Rush missions or me? Because the targets are 40 kilometers away, through a maze, I have three minutes, I can't sprint because I smack into walls or faceplant into stasis mines, and oh yeah, I actually only have a minute and a half before the targets start leaving. I'm pretty sure I can only be called stupid for trying the mission twice.

I swear to god, if someone pipes up "You can just fly over the bullshit" I'm gonna scream.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Echophonic posted:

I remember when Gara first dropped and before they nerfed the impulse on Blast damage you could send someone from one end of the Plains to the other. One of my favorite things to do.

I am enjoying how my kubrow will occasionally just yeet a motherfucker into orbit.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Most Grineer weapons look like someone molested a potato. :colbert:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

BMan posted:

AAAAAH YOU IDIOTS, YOU CAN'T JUST SCALE HEALTH AND ARMOR, GRINEER EHP WILL GO UP BY THE BONUS SQUARED

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
My Operator has a gender?

I do happen to like that male and female frames are just equipment, you're not locked into/out of anything based on a radio button or slider in chargen. Although I do kinda wonder what I'm supposed to look like if I just... took my frame off. Brain in a jar? Floating ball of light?

e: Three domestik drones in a trenchcoat?

Dareon fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jul 3, 2020

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Is it important to squeeze every bit of mastery out of a weapon? I'm starting to run out of weapon slots again and don't really need my Lato (Rank 11) or Mk1-Kunai (21).

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

njsykora posted:

If you need slots early to use for something more fun/useful and its something you can easily get back later (Lato and Mk1 Kunai both fit this description) then yeah sure dump them until you get to a point where you can level them super easy to wring out the last dregs of mastery. Though I would say you're better off just grinding out the rest of the mastery early so you don't have to come back later.

Yeah, I previously sold a Gorgon I got from a drop and was like "Wait, that was dumb."

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Okay, that's ridiculous. Stick the Boolean Sugatra on the Xoris.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I just found Ordis' diary. Thanks to not having the full set of entries yet, it kinda went from :geno: to :stare: real fast.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I suppose it's going ot be hard to make any decent plat off of things that drop out of Lith relics. I do have all the pieces for the Braton Prime. Checking the market, there's one blueprint available for 5, but the only buy order for the set is for 2. :reject:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

BMan posted:

Those are the items you sell to Baro for ducats

But I wanna play pretty space ninja dressup :(

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

slow_twitch posted:

what do you want ?

Initially, just a new color palette, though I do have the Disconnect Syandana, Vauban Citadel skin, and Limbo Limina Collection wishlisted. That last one entirely for the card skin for my exploding shuriken. By the time I get enough plat to afford that without thinking of something better, I'll likely have dropped the meme build.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Okay, I really have no idea what primes I can feasibly acquire, or even if I should be trying for a prime at this stage of progression. The wiki is less helpful than it should be, because I look at a part and it says "Oh, yeah, this drops from all these sources also 95-100% of them no longer drop." The market is more helpful, but I don't know where the associated relics drop or how hard those missions are, like if it's a C reward and I need to drill through four As and Bs first for the chance (I can generally only handle two to three rounds of an endless). Some of the relics it looks like only drop from relic packs, which is an unwelcome addition to the mechanic of playing roulette to determine whether or not you can enter the slot machine room.

I have the following prime parts:
Baza Receiver
Braton (All parts, no BP)
Chroma and Ivara Neuroptics BPs
Galatine and Gram Blades
Paris and Orthos BPs
Mesa, Titania, and Wukong BPs.

I kinda want to keep Mesa and Paris to actually use, but don't know how hard getting the parts would be. I know most of those should be mulched for ducats, but is there anything else that I should keep or put on the market? Also, I'm on Switch, I know that makes a difference.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Draxion posted:

I don't know what your stage of progression actually is, but figuring out what's stopping you from getting through more than a couple rounds of an endless mission seems like a more generally useful problem to solve before worrying too much about primes.

That's an easy one to answer, things started hitting like trucks and needing a full clip+ to go down, my sentinel fell over two waves ago, I lost all my energy somehow despite picking up every orb on the map, and usually my gear has leveled enough that I can go stick another mod in them. :v: Honestly it's just resource starvation, I don't have the credits to upgrade my mods, don't have any potatoes to slot in anything (Well, I have one weapon potato and anticipation/choice paralysis), and don't have the speed to just blitz missions. I'm working on The New Strange, so haven't gotten as far as Saturn yet.

el dingo posted:

A few things:

Yeah, I'm in the Switch clan, pnp17 has been a huge help to me too.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I do love the idea of Knux. I have here a set of butt-mounted wings and boosters that turns me into a space ninja starfighter, and I'm just gonna punch things with giant metal fists. Don't get me wrong, it's very much a valid option, I am just amused by the concept.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Aggressive robots is right. The number of Terra Shockwave Moas that have drop-kicked me directly in the face is too drat high.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I've attempted Parvos Granum five times now, let me skip to the goddamn void already without slogging through the solar system's most annoying assassination. :argh:

Here, have tether mines and perpetually-respawning enemies that hit like trucks. And we only gave the target three voice lines, I hope you like them.

I actually got her down to her second health bar this last time. Then my face became incredibly attractive to lasers. I feel like the problem is in my defenses. Should I be prioritizing health, armor, or shields? Because currently I'm doing third-measures of all three and it's not working too well.

e: and maybe my elemental setup, I'm packing Viral on Boltor and Xoris, Radiation on the exploding Hikou.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jul 8, 2020

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It depends heavily on what frame you're playing. "All of them at once" is almost never correct, though, you want to specialize.

I've got Vauban and Mag currently. Vauban seems slightly more useful because I can fling flechette mines at her and run away, but Mag's high shields boosted further might be doable.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
gently caress it, I'm not beating Protea this week. Or next week. Or loving ever, because if I ever got all the parts and built the goddamn thing, I couldn't use it because this loving fight is giving me a goddamn aneurysm and I'm not gonna be able to loving LOOK at Protea without getting angry.

Yes, I'm exaggerating. Don't post angry, kids.

E: Specific problems I am having:
The goddamn eyebeams will not give me a moment's peace unless I sprint halfway across the map.
Because I need to keep moving so much, I can't keep my crosshair on Protea long enough to exhaust her shield, much less do any significant damage to her life bar.
Something in this mess of flaming piss keeps making me stagger, which again, detrimental to bullets-on-target.
Speaking of flaming piss, her drone fire in the third health bar has exactly the right sound harmonics and visuals to make me instinctively feel like I should be in a different county from it immediately.
If I close in and try to deal with her hand-to-hand, the frisbee I'm being forced to use does jack poo poo to her and she shreds me like tissue paper.
And on top of all this, there's either a hidden timer on the fight or she gets an instant-kill attack that looks exactly like all the other eyebeams, because I swear twice now I've gone from full health to mission failure when a laser grazed my ankle.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jul 8, 2020

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Yeah, I've gotten a pack of mods, including fully-leveled basic damage mods, which are equipped.

Redirection is at rank 9, which gives Mag upwards of 1000 shield, which one would think would be good enough for anyone. But one would be wrong. I further tweaked my Taxon for shield boosting, but it dies in a heartbeat, if it's even still alive once I get into the void.

E: In that list of grievance above, I failed to mention that Protea teleports out of Magnetize and away from flechette mines.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

goatsestretchgoals posted:

e: Just got done leveling enough to gently caress Corpus in it's stupid rear end after seeing the Fortuna cutscene.

Oh trust me, you have not seen the full punchableness of the Corpus' stupid faces. I'm not even sure I have.

And you've got the right idea with the money for space ninja Barbie clothes, but you don't need to spend a cent yourself. Sell rares to whales and you can buy all the weird-rear end clothes you want.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
How's Nyx play? I got all three parts doing Phorid manifestations (I need SO MANY Fieldrons), but her 1 seems like I wouldn't get much use out of it because I'd just shoot my new friend, mostly by accident (I routinely shoot at other players and my dog, and would probably shoot at my sentinel if it didn't stay behind me). I only have one warframe slot open, though, and don't want to fill it with something I won't enjoy.

e: Speaking of dogs, do I need to put mine away somehow before I can drain this cyst on my neck into the incubator? There was an option for that previously, but maybe they patched that out?

Dareon fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 9, 2020

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

TheParadigm posted:

I'll send you some slots tho. Whats your ingame?

DareonClearwater.

And yeah, if you can toss a slot or two my way, that'd be great. I'm on Switch, and the lack of cross-platform play is... unfortunate (Though I understand you need to plan for this from the beginning or your netcode's gonna have a bad time). I actually have Nyx cooking and just started Zephyr as well, because she seems fun, especially because I got Maglev yesterday. I was debating whether to just leave Nyx in the oven, or hustle to crack relics in the hopes of finding something salable.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Khablam posted:

I got to Spear on Mars, and had a lot of fun sticking Vauban's tether coils to the ceiling inside there, and to the sentinels of people standing on the objective.
Laser disco on Mars.

Wait, you can stick mines to pets? :aaa:

Russian anti-tank dog, go!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I need so much Oxium. I made 250 by playing rift survival for literally half an hour. I still need like 500 more. That, Iradite, and Grokdrul are my current grinding targets, entirely for the Archwing Launcher so I'm not the boob hoverboarding his way across the open world while the rest of the party is already halfway done with the objective.

I mean, I'm still gonna be hoverboarding because the Ventkids are my favorite faction, but there's a time and place.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Need a good punny name for a Helminth Charger. Best I've got is Pupstule. I could also go absolutely absurd, depending on character limits, and name it something like Benjamin Noodlesworth III.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Gotta say, Zephyr with Rush, Maglev, and Mobilize is pretty fun to play, but I'm not feeling very effective as far as combat goes. Although part of that is I'm leveling an entirely new set of weapons along with her.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
What is the actual intended purpose of the combo counter? The only decent use I've seen is in modding the Xoris with the Gladiator set, or something else that scales off combo multiplier. And I don't even know if that's working the way I think it does and giving me across-the-board critical chance.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

gaj70 posted:

It's hard to imagine how someone could use a weapon shaped like karyst prime. Do you slash with it? Reach behind and puncture on the return? Some sort of goofy disarm move??

Aside from the backwards-facing point, it looks like the entire cutting edge is on half the top side and the forward end. And yeah, it looks like a kid who drew biceps on himself in photoshop.

Surprise: It deals mostly blunt damage, and is perfectly suited to that!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I use Zephyr and hum "I'm Just A Little Black Raincloud" from Winnie The Pooh.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Guilty posted:

Any of the dog days mods a must pick up?

Medi-Ray. I'm also going for Fomorian Accelerant because I haven't cleared the Neptune junction yet and having more power in the Drakgoon that awards is gonna be good for me.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Vermain posted:

The best way to understand content on YouTube is that the algorithm is a Lovecraftian alien god of inscrutable morals and tastes, and content creators are wizards desperate to curry its favor via magic incantations and rituals that merely look like nonsense to us.

You watched episode one of a series. Perhaps I could interest you in episodes five, thirteen, eight, and a 45-minute discussion of the historical accuracy of how they hold their swords?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Phobophilia posted:

Any tips for Dog Days alert? I've been trying to jump kick everyone in sight but it's not reliable.

Keep your water pressure up, over half my deaths could be attributed to trying to pee on someone from further away than my water could reach. Otherwise, the AI doesn't handle bullet jumping over their head very well.