Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Crossposting from the PS4 thread:

Crowbear posted:

:siren: Warframe goons :siren: I've got a Barracks building in the clan Dojo that'll let us have up to 30 members, so you should definitely shoot me a PM either here or to PSN ID: ohajj01 so you can find other goons to play with and help build out our sweet sweet Dojo*.

* The Dojo is not very sweet yet (it's just foyer and an intersection right now) but it'll get there!

I dunno if someone else went ahead and made a clan but if not I'll keep this one running until we see if they'll let us join PC clans eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Hey guys, I'm still super new at the game but I'm running the PS4 dojo right now, so I'm looking for some advice.

I've got a reactor and a shadow(??) barracks building right now, and I'm wondering what I should focus on building next. Should I go straight to setting up some labs for research? Or is something else worth prioritizing?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Cool, thanks guys. Does any one of the labs produce more useful stuff than the others?

Also I read that there's a clan vault but the info seems vague. Is there a way to access and manage that?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Oh, bummer. I figured the vault would be something people could dump spare resources into so they could be used in future builds. Oh well.

Denzine posted:

Don't upgrade the size of your clan until you get most of the research done, invite poopsockers first. The research and building requirements scale up with your clan membership cap, not how many people are currently in your clan.

There's not that many of us playing on the PS4 so far so 30 slots should last us a while.

mechanicalFactory posted:

Probably the chemical lab. Both weapons you get from it, the Ignis and Ogris, are currently really good weapons to use.

Gotcha. I just looked it up and I should have all the materials to build it and research most of the stuff in there already so that works out :)

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Feenix posted:

2 Questions to whomever, just asking 1 based off Crowbear's post:

1) So to go to/join the clan I need to complete the Clan Key, yes?

2) Fusion and Transmute stuff. (What the gently caress is it? IS there rhyme or reason? How do I make it do stuff I want it to?) I mashed buttons and made one thing but it's for a Chassis I don't have.

1) You need the key to get into the Dojo, which would let you contribute materials to building stuff and use whatever rooms we end up building in there. It's cheap and the only semi-rare thing you need to make it is a drop off the first boss so there's no reason not to, really.

2) Fusion lets you power up a mod by fusing other mods and fusion cores to it. Fusing a duplicate of a mod to it will fill the bar quicker.

Transmute lets you sacrifice 4 un-leveled mods to create a random new mod. Using duplicates in the transmute gives you a lower chance to get rare mods in return, and using higher rarity mods gives you a better chance.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
So what's a good set of pistols to shoot for? I spent a bunch of crap making a Seer and I'm reaalllly not a fan of it.

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW posted:

I want to play this game with goons but I know gently caress all about what to do.

Any patient PS4 players invite Gestalt88, even if you see me playing something else

I just shot you an invite to the PS4 clan.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Thanks for the pistol tips guys. Turns out I had a bunch of Neurodes lying around so I've got a Vasto building right now.

I also realized that I recently got my Braton up to 30, so I guess it's time to look at stepping up my primary. I usually gravitate to shotguns in shooters, are they any good in this game?

And a couple of other things I've been wonder about:

1) At what point does Mag stop being hilariously overpowered? Through the first 3 worlds + half of Saturn I can run around spamming Pull and destroying entire levels, doing like 70% of the groups damage. I take it this won't last forever.

2) What the gently caress are you supposed to do if the Stalker shows up? I've gotten him 4 times already and when there's a group he just mauls us all. When I'm solo I either auto-fail the mission or waste my revives trying to get away.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Ok, so if I wanted to carry on with rifles instead of shotguns what would the next step up from a Braton be?

chumbler posted:

Stalker generally focuses on his specific target (the one who gets his messages) in my experience, unless he can't get to them. It's odd that you say you burn revives trying to get away from him, since he should just leave after he murders you once. The guy he's targeting should not try to tank his damage output, but focus on avoiding him while others take him out. If he shows up during a mastery test, then you're basically just hosed.

I could be mis-remembering what happened what I caught him while I was solo. All the times I ran into him blur together in a haze of pain and tears. I'll definitely try glitching him out next time though.

I also didn't realize he could show up for mastery tests. That is hilariously cruel.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

sleeptalker posted:

Do they seriously not have melee unlocked from camera by default on PS4? I play with a pad on PC and that setting is the only way melee is even usable.

Also I don't know how they use the PS4 touchpad, but a good setup for pads on PC is:
  • Sprint and crouch on L1 and R1
  • Powers 1-4 on d-pad directions (whatever order makes sense to you)
  • Melee on square, Use on R3 (reverse is better for Glaive, etc. though)
  • Block on L3 (like you ever use it)

On the PS4 powers are bound the flicking the touchpad in different directions. It actually works really well once you're used to it.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
I will weep for days when Pull gets a nerf :cry:

I guess I should prepare for it. My Rhino should be done in a few hours and I hear he's pretty fun. What's his general playstyle/strategy?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Hopefully that means they're adding trophies to the PS4 version too. Love me some trophies :ninja:

And thanks for the Rhino info guys. He sounds like a blast to play!

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
I've been greatly enjoying my Boltor since I made it, mainly since it made Ancients waaaayyyyyyyy easier to kill. Has the update made it bad now? And has it made Ancients easier to kill with other weapons?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Yeah the map on PS4 is finicky and buggy. The mission it highlights seems to have nothing to do with the planet you select.

Hopefully they get that ironed out in the next update.

e: Also being able to sell blueprints you have multiples of would be nice. I've got tens of thousands of credits tied up in them that I could really use :argh:

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Yaos posted:

Thanks for the tip, I was unaware it came at the end.

I was looking at the Warframe subreddit and people are saying to use the Braton, the damage claims to be only slightly more than the MK-1 Braton though but I'll try it out and see what happens.

It also fires 50% faster. The DPS boost will be very noticeable.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Yo PS4 goons I've got a couple of level 1 tower keys I wanna use tonight. Need some people to tag along!

e: We also need credits, polymer bundles, and circuits for the dojo since I've run out :v:

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

a glorious hole posted:

I tossed the credits in and most the polymer for one room. I'll toss in more as I get them. Is there any minimum progression point to do the tower thing?

I don't think so. The wiki says rank 1 towers have level 15-20 enemies so if you can handle missions in that range it should be fine.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

a foolish pianist posted:

Is the PS4 goon clan called Blue Moon? I just got an invite to one named that.

Nope, that's not us. We're actually full up right now but I'll add you to the waiting list. I'm hoping I can get some more spots open tomorrow or the day after.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Thanks to the guys that ran the Void missions with me :D

The last wave of that defense mission is super hosed, though. We tried it 3-4 times and everything went super smooth until wave 10 where it ALL WENT BAD!

Anyway, I had some extra plat so I bought a couple of void key packs. Hoping to run some of them tomorrow night.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Ularg posted:

We really need to just trade PSN names and get a Warframe party going as we come online. It's way better than losing voice chat during every loading screen and every time we finish a void key mission.

Goddamnit. I need to get over my years of PS3 use and remember that this is actually a thing the PS4 can do :shepface:

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Secondly, is the Seer pistol any good? Just to know if its worth the two cells.

I made it and didn't like it, honestly. It fires really slowly which just isn't great when you have to deal with hordes of enemies so often in this game. I'd say skip it and wait until you can build one of the pistols Pierson recommended.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Doji Sekushi posted:

Hey ps4 clan people, I got a Tower II: Extermination key last night. Let's exterminate and make up for our Tower defense struggles.

I will be on soon and am up for more Tower stuff.

I dunno if we can do a rank II mission but I'm down to try. I also have a bunch more Rank I keys we can do.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Lawlicaust posted:

You guys shouldn't have any issues with Rank 2 or derelicts. They are no harder thanEuropa or Sedna and easier than most alerts.

Cool. Most of the Void stuff we did yesterday was fine, it was just the last wave of Defense I that was ruining us. Also I haven't gotten to Europa or Sedna yet :v:

I might actually make some Derelict keys since I want to get the Bio research going in our Lab and that seems to be the only place to get Mutagen Samples.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Cross-postin' so all the PS4 guys can see it.

Crowbear posted:

Ok, I just cleared the people who hadn't accepted their invites yet from the Warframe clan and invited Antipax, Whynotmakeboth, Drinwalk, Coldforge, and Rewinter.

I tried to invite Phentyn and IRSmurf but it said they were already in a clan.

Also, Davecrazy you're at the top of the list and there's still a spot for you but I couldn't find your PSN name.

Hopefully I can get the cap raised to 100 sometime this weekend and we can get everyone in without having to micromanage like this. It'll mean stuff we build will be more expensive, though, so people will need to chip in so we can get research and building done.

I'm online now and will be for most of the day, probably, so I'm ready to do Void missions or whatever else people want to do whenever.

e: It was nice to read all the "Ember sucks" chat considering I just picked up all the components for it from the Foundry because I thought it sounded cool :v:

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 22, 2013

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Lawlicaust posted:

Stick with kunai/boltor until you can get the better shotguns. Strun isn't terrible but it's a lot of cash for mediocre. The higher rank shottys are much better if you want to go that way.

Hek is the one to get right? I think I'm almost rank 4 so I should be able to grab that soon.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

a glorious hole posted:

Oops, I'm an idiot and only made 1/3 of the Rhino Frame. Anyone on PS4 wanna grind out Jackal and materials with me at some point? ign alteredmoniker.

Gonna do my rank 4 test real quick then I'll help you out.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Chomp8645 posted:

Super noob question: how does one acquire special crafting materials for stuff likes suits and guns? Like, to build a waframe I need the chassis and helm or whatever, or for that first gun blueprint you need two specific gun parts.

How are these items acquired? Do I need to do/go somewhere specific or are they just random drops?

Weapon parts either drop from bosses or are rewards from certain missions. The two pieces of that gun (assuming you're talking about the Seer) drop from the same boss that gave you the blueprint.

The Warframe components have to be crafted. Usually the same boss will drop the blueprints for all 3 parts of a Frame, but there are a couple of exceptions. Then you just build the parts in the foundry and then use the pieces to build the frame.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Chomp8645 posted:

So using the Seer pistol as an example, If I want to build that I should just kill Vor over and over until he drops the components?

Yeah, pretty much. The drop rates are pretty high though so it shouldnt take long.

Chomp8645 posted:

For warframes, is there any well to tell what bosses drop components for what warframes?

Use the wiki :v:

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Anthrovore posted:

I just got through earth and am trying to farm up some morphics for a latron, would repeatedly smacking vor in his fat face be the easiest way at this point?

I had much better luck doing random Mars missions for them than farming Vor.

Also, I'm gonna start putting a group together for Void stuff so if anyone's interested hit me up.

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 23, 2013

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
I was hoping the dagger axe skin for the Scindo would look less stupid in action than in the blueprint picture.

It doesn't :sigh:

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Where is the goddamn PS4 version of U11? :argh:

Hopefully it's taking so long because they're doing some more optimization on the game. Some missions can get super framey after a bunch of enemies show up.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Couple more questions for you more experienced guys:

1) What other boss is that Lephantis thing equivalent to, difficulty wise? Nekros seems... interesting and I was wondering at what point I could farm him up.

2) Is there some trick to farming Survival missions? We got a group together to try and get some mods out of E Gate yesterday and we consistently ran out of life support at ~15 minutes, even though we were having no trouble with the enemies there. Is there something we're missing?

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 25, 2013

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Hey PS4 people, the clan needs Polymer Bundles and Plastids to start researching the Ignis, as well as Rubedo, Nano Spores, Circuits, Mutagen Samples, and credits for the other labs.

Get involved so we can all get sweet flamethrowers and burn lots of stuff to a crisp!

e: Also, I just got the blueprint for the Glaive as a login bonus. Is that worth crafting or is it just gimmicky?

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 26, 2013

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Sandweed posted:

Build it for the mastery anyway.

10 Morphics and 18,000 other resources is a little too expensive for mastery fodder when I've still got a bunch of other melee weapons to get through first.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
I've been having fun with Ember since I got her made yesterday. She's absolutely hilarious in infestation missions (especially infestation survival missions) but kinda meh against the other 2 factions. Turning on World on Fire with a maxed out Stretch/Constitution and running around like an idiot as numbers pop up all over the place is always great, though.

But I have to say I really, really don't like her design. Those things attached to her leg armor make her look like she has thunder thighs and I think she has chicken claws for feet?

It is also super weird going back to non-Rhino frames and actually having to deal with knockdowns, staggers, stuns, energy drains, and all that business again.

Also also, gently caress the loving Raptor boss. He is basically pubbie kryptonite. None of them know how to not die out in the open and then the rest of the group will get killed trying to revive the first guy. It usually ends up with me slowly WoFing him to death from inside one of the crates then hoping I don't die on the way to the exit alone. At least it only took 7 runs to get all the Nova blueprints :shepface:

Anyway, next frame up for me is probably Trinity. Any tips/tricks/strategies for her?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Fish Noise posted:

Ember is literally a chicken. I am not kidding.
Much earlier in DE's design document, Ember was intended to be male, and they showed off their old paper napkin concept art in a stream: original Ember's helmet actually had a beak and rooster comb.

:stonk:

So... she's a fire chicken? That sounds familiar...

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

katkillad2 posted:

So sentinels only get one weapon? My carrier is only rank 17 and the shotgun is almost maxed out.

Also can someone give a quick rundown on what prime weapons are?

Also I donated to the PS4 clan towards the koi pond. I think we are only like 5k of a certain material away.

Each sentinel gets a different weapon, but once you have them they can be swapped between the different sentinels. So if you want another weapon for carrier you need to buy/make another sentinel and steal its weapon.

Prime weapons have a different look and their stats are tweaked (to be better) from their vanilla counterparts. The Bronco Prime has higher damage and a bigger magazine than the regular Bronco, but shoots slower and takes longer to reload, for example.

Prime Warframes just get an extra Polarity slot and (imo) look cooler.

Speaking of which, I'm assuming Prime frames will give you mastery if you've already leveled the non-Prime version. I wanna make a Mag Prime because Mag owns but I would wait on that if not because I need to get to Rank 6 asap.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Harrower posted:

Playing Trinity is literally using a god mode hack. For your whole team. Takes a few forma and some fancy mods to get to that point though.

I just got my Trinity to 30 and moved on from it yesterday. I enjoyed it a bunch and it definitely seemed like it could be really useful in certain situations, but it never felt super powerful.

How do I ascend to Trinity Godhood?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

coldtaxi posted:

If you collect, max out, and install all the power duration-related mods and also wear Trinity's Aura helmet (+25% duration, -5% health), then Blessing will last for something crazy like 28.5 seconds, so provided you keep killing stuff and getting energy, your whole team can be invulnerable pretty much forever.

I see... well I already have Constitution and I picked up Narrow Minded on one of our Orokin Vault runs (I guess 66% off global range is still global). Guess it's time to farm up a Continuity and try this out :v:

Dezztroy posted:

You, sir/madam, are crazy. Ember is still very good.

She's definitely fun, if nothing else. Popping Fire Blast, World on Fire, and Overheat in the middle of a massive group of infested then running around cackling like a lunatic as everything around you burns to a crisp is one of the best things I've experience in the game so far.

e: Would going max Power Efficiency on Trinity mean you could give yourself 77.5 and your team 100 energy every ~4 seconds? 'Cause that seems like it would be nifty too.

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 28, 2013

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
My Nova will be done building soon and I'm trying to figure out how to build her. I'm thinking of going for a purely Molecular Prime focused build because that spell seems BANANAS.

If I were to slap a Blind Rage, Fleeting Expertise, and Streamline on her (sadly Focus has not dropped for me yet :saddowns: ) I could get ~1600 damage explosions for 65 energy (assuming the +/- Power Efficiency effects are additive).

Is this dumb? And if so, how dumb is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

The Duggler posted:

Skimmed through the thread super quick, didn't see this posted:

Hallelujah!

Getting the new content and damage 2.0 will be nice, but I really, really hope there's a bunch of optimization and bugfixes coming in the update. I just want to sell all my duplicate blueprints DE please :qq: