Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
What's a good Sentinel to pick up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm currently stuck in a mission where I'm at the extraction point with a datamass and it just keeps saying "bring all 4 datamass objects to extraction!" I covered the entire map with another player and once we went from the finish to the start and back again, he gave up and left. Did the game bug out, or am I missing something?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

seiferguy posted:

You picked up all the data masses with the one you started off with, right?

InfinityComplex posted:

It doesn't state outright but you can pick up multiple datamasses even if you have one in hand.
I was carrying the only datamass we'd found. I feel like when the host left, he must have taken datamasses with him or dropped them somewhere weird.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Barrel Diffusion 4 on a Vatos is amazing and puts the awful starting rifle to shame. I'm actually enjoying my sidearm being by far my best weapon; it rewards lining up my shots and hits like a truck.

What determines if a weapon has affinity slots? Is it on a per-item basis, or is it fixed for the weapon type? My dual Ether has no affinity slots and it's kind of a buzzkill.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

chumbler posted:

Dart board. No seriously, that's the only possible explanation for why some weapons come with 2 V slots and some others have a D (for "detrimental") and others have nothing.
Can you re-craft a sword to get a better roll?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Enter Char posted:

The slots are fixed to the weapon. So a Vasto will always have a V slot, no matter how many you make. If you want to change the polarity of a slot you need a Forma.
That's actually kind of a relief, to be honest.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Are Psychic Bolts on Nyx as awful as they look? I could barely even tell if they were working.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Can leap attacks deal less damage than a normal attack? 12/12/89 (113 total damage) vs. 70 for a leap attack and 75 for a charged attack. Does that really mean it hits for 43/38 less damage?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

HukHukHuk posted:

Leap attacks may be bugged and should probably scale with +attack damage, but Charge attacks have their own damage modifiers (Killing Blow, Rending Strike, and Corrupt Charge).
So the only thing that the base +damage mods on melee weapons affect are normal attacks?

edit:
> Game is hard

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 1, 2014

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Energy siphon can only be gotten through alerts, right? I want one.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
How does trading with people outside of your clan work?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
What are the point of these?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Where's the best place to farm Orokin cells?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Golgozor posted:

So, is it just me or is there no reason to use any melee weapon beside Gallatine (barring novelty)? That's kind of sad.
The dual axes are good for mobility I think. The Galatine is the only weapon I've actually used, though. Other than leveling random weapons because I made them so why not.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

superstepa posted:

I liked using fang

:qq:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Purchased weapons come with catalysts. That said, weapons are ridiculously expensive to buy outright. Why buy a gun when you could potato 6-12 weapons/frames for that price?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

ullerrm posted:

This -- but, I'd recommend against the Hind. It's a burstfire weapon, and how it actually works is it fires a single bullet on each frame after you click the button. So, the DPS of the Hind is directly tied to your video frame rate; you slaughter things at 60fps, and do pretty junky DPS at 30fps. You're better off getting the Karak, or any other weapon with a fixed fire rate, IMHO.
What? :psyduck:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Can multishot bullets still proc crit/status effects?

edit: Are the hikou worth potatoing?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Helter Skelter posted:

Yes they can and if you like the Hikou then go for it.
I like several weapons that are subpar. I'm not going for huge min-maxing, but I'd rather not potato a bad weapon.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
edit: Nevermind!

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 6, 2014

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Feenix posted:

2 Questions:

1) Is it PSN or Warframe servers that are making GBS threads the bed at the moment? (Finally got in, but it was all kinds of difficult to.

2) I have Focus. Should I Fusion it up and then place it on Rhino? I can move mods from frame to frame if I want, right?

[edit] I lied. Third question: I don't see actual statistics on ranking up Rhino Stomp, but it has 3 levels. What is the benefit?
The Warframe servers are chugging a bit because they're handing out the Cicero rewards, and a bunch of people are relogging.

You can use mods on as many frames as you want.

Ingame descriptions are worthless, use the wiki.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Feenix posted:

Energy Syphon Aura claims a +0.1 Warframe Energy Regeneration.

Is it worth it to use that/pump it up?
It's the best aura, and auras apply to your whole team. Also, auras give rather than consume points. Max whatever aura you're using no matter what.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Munkaboo posted:

Is this current favorite Sentinel still the Carrier?
They need to make Vacuum the standard behavior for loot pickup so other sentinels are a better option.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Munkaboo posted:

For someone just starting out (excalibur) what's my best option?
As other people said, Carrier. Entirely because of Vacuum. Being able to just suck up loot in a huge AoE makes things go much more smoothly. I'm leveling the other sentinels now and I miss it so much.

:c00l:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Coldbird posted:

There is nothing "almost" unfair about mprime. There's other ways to break or even exploit this game, but they at least require some minimal amount of coordination or aim. Mprime is just a straight up win button vs. entire rooms of max level heavies.
I love that on top of the chained explosions it also makes enemies take double damage and move and attack at half speed.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Munkaboo posted:

Two questions:

1. What are the navpoint orbs you pickup for?

2. What effect does fusing your special moves have? (like fusing the Ex's Dash move)
1. Nav coordinates are used to make Orokin Derelict keys.

2. It improves it in various ways that aren't listed anywhere I can find in game. Use the wiki to see if a skill is worth upgrading.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
How exactly is mastery doled out on leveling things? It looks like it's gradual, rather than a blob once you hit 30. Is it at the same rate (so 1/30th per level) or do the higher levels give a higher portion?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

redstormpopcorn posted:

The little user-avatar-icon system is really poorly implemented and probably just a bad idea. Why are they cash-shop items? Why don't you get the corresponding one when you build a frame? Why are they even displayed on the team popup if they don't have to match the player's frame? It's needlessly confusing to join a game with a Rhino, Valkyr, and Oberon represented by two Excaliburs and a Lotus emblem.
Especially because you can't go back to the lotus emblem. There really should be an option to just display your rank icon.

edit: Actually it should just always display their frame icon. Possibly with the rank icon overlaid on it as a small decal.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 8, 2014

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Orv posted:

So, yeah. I started trying to play Warframe again since my last post in here and I've had a bit of a problem. Every so often, at random intervals during a mission, or on the mission select screen, the game goes Not Responding, waits for about five to ten seconds and then continues running just fine. If I'm in a MP mission it guaranteed drops me from it, and if I'm in a solo mission it's just an enormous pain in the rear end and forget solo Warframe anyway.

I've turned off literally every process on my computer except Windows 7 default ones, one necessary Nvidia process and Warframe. And the game still goes Not Responding. Graphics are at minimum on all ends, I've tried with DX11, Multithread rendering and 64bit on and off, and nada. So it's either a driver conflict, on Warframe's end, or my GPU is on the way out. The first I have no interest in troubleshooting and don't want to reinstall Windows, and the second and third are just hosed.

Sucks.
Have you at least tried updating your drivers?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I've been trying (and failing) to get the Ember prime chassis for ages now. Dozens of capture runs, probably at least 40, mostly tier 2. Overall very frustrating, with lots of watching the recruiting channel. Today I saw a guy recruiting for seven back-to-back tier 2 captures. I was the only person he took, because he has bad internet.

On the fifth run, I finally got the chassis.

On the sixth run, I got a second chassis.

Come on.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I can't believe I read that whole thing. On my phone, no less. He has a few good ideas, but they're bogged down in mountains of theorycraft and bad ideas. He wrote things like rebalancing all weapons and reworking the overpowered abilities. Obviously that should be done, but it's a lot easier to say than do.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 9, 2014

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
There are very few rifle and pistol mods that don't directly impact DPS. Straight damage, elemental, multishot, crit chance/damage, fire rate, etc. all obviously increase DPS. Things like larger magazines, lower reloads and stuff also increase DPS, but moreso affect the way a gun is used. What mods really do something other than DPS? Punch-through, zoom, Firestorm, Hush (why does this exist), recoil, and Thunderbolt. There isn't much thought or creativity involved in choosing weapon mods. There's a bit more for warframes and melee weapons, but there are still some must-have mods and a large pool of mods that just can't stack up.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Can someone explain why resistance mods exist? Flame Repellent maxes out at 12% flame resistance for 9 points and a mod slot. For 9 points and a mod slot, I can have 240% more shields from Redirection. Since with forma/reactors slots because more of a restriction than points, I could have up to 440% more shields. Or, much easier to max out, +120% shields and +120% health from Vigor. Not only will that be much more survivability, it's against every damage type because it's just straight +shields/+health.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

sleeptalker posted:

I think they were probably intended for PvP but now they won't even work for that with the addition of combined elements.
How would they be useful even in PvP? On top of the fact that you wouldn't know in advance what elements they'd be using.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
What is this? Total air obtained or something?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Right now you can get higher DPS, at range, with a gun. They can make melee weapons way more desirable by increasing their damage output.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

chumbler posted:

Killing in one swing versus a quarter of a second of gunshots is not really much of an improvement is more the issue here. How are you going to get more desirable than clearing a room in one clip of soma/ignis fire or a couple penta or ogris rounds?
Melee doesn't need to be optimal for people to use it. Short of heavily nerfing various guns, they're not going to make melee better than guns under any circumstances. If I killed things just as quickly in melee as range, I'd definitely use it more. As it is now, 3.6% of my kills come from melee weapons, and 80% of those kills are from the Galatine. This is mostly because melee weapons are terrible, and Galatine synergizes well with a lot of things.

I do agree that they need to heavily tone down some of the weapons, though.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Evil Sagan posted:

I'm stuck at work so I can't look it up; How long is that alert going for?
It's over now.

Is there any way to tell what weapons you've maxed after you sell it, or should I write it down for if I ever decide to grind mastery?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Davin Valkri posted:

Check your profile, that bar in the upper left corner. One of the subsections should include a list of weapons and frames you've used, including time, number of kills, and (most importantly) level.
I should have realized this considering I went through that list to check how many kills I had with melee weapons. :psyduck:

Codex is easier to read, though. I should use the codex more/scan things more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
There is an auto-parry mod, but it goes on the Warframe and might not work.