Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I use magnetic for Corpus because it wrecks shields. But I also take a blast or corrosive secondary along for bursas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

And Tyler Too! posted:

Those all-rounders are good just about everywhere, but the rad/viral combo in particular is my go-to in a 4xcorpro environment.

As for magnetic, it takes a damage penalty against drat near anything that isn't a shield. Also, Toxin and Slash (provided by Hunter Munitions) completely bypass shields and go straight for HP. This completely invalidates magnetic because it's only going to do increased damage to something that can be flat out ignored and is largely irrelevant anyways. Shields aren't very hard to bring down and they only time they're an obstacle (enhanced shield sorties) again, can be completely circumvented. Magnetic is worthless, never mod for it.

Yeah, after learning more about damage n stuffs I'm going to have to revisit my corpus setup.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

You must build every weapon and grind them up to 30. Think of the mastery!

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I agree the community overall seems better than many other games. Although there seems to be a lot of people who play the game but don't really enjoy playing it. They just hop in and scream through the new content as rapidly as possible and get annoyed if someone is holding them up. I think better matchmaking would help a lot. It's annoying to have people dipping in and out of the squad in game just because everyone's set up isn't 100% optimized for whatever. No farmer's hands, just play the mission--it's super rare to fail completely. Stick around for 10 waves in Hydron even if your stuff is all leveled after five. If someone is dumped into a fissure late, wait for them to get to 10 too... stuff like that.

Do you like dags? I like dags. Here are my dags.

https://twitter.com/pnp171/status/1158754688159764481?s=20

https://twitter.com/pnp171/status/1164914667296137217?s=20

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

All the kuva weapons are worthwhile simply for their mod capacity. I have a kuva tonkor and love it—six digit damage all day long.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Time for gear buddies and spoiler mode.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Yeah, I'm excited.

e: lol terribad snipe

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Tylana posted:

I wish you could melt spare relics into void traces (instantly and in bulk, not spending two and a half minutes on a fissure each).

Either that or do the four for one thing like with mods.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

mortons stork posted:

What do I need to be a good Frost in Scarlet Spear? All in on power strength for avalanche armor stripping?

I use a lot of power for armor strip (85%) and some range to cover the area. I stand right in front and every time the condrix spits more sentients I cast and the rest of the time pound the goatse with contagion.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Zen's lightning tears people up and I'm surprised more people don't use it.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It's only good if you have crappy weapons. Operator stuff doesn't scale and, for better or worse, DE's explicit design goal is to make Operators not worth using for damage, only utility.

Meanwhile their utility powers are REALLY good and you usually want to save operator energy for that.

Op powers (and amps) definitely need some boosting. But even at high levels zen lightning is still great for dishing out extra damage, particularly if another frame like nova is crowd controlling. Zen lightning plus magus lockdown is just silly.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

slow_twitch posted:

But nightwave season 3 starts in two days! It will be great!

That's what I am telling myself anyways..

‘It will be different this time...”

edit: real talk I want another umbra Forma.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

FunkyFjord posted:

I'm still tempted to Umbral my Frost, especially after finally actually pumping him up for Scarlet Spear.

I did this and now I must have another for him.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

Who would you say is the better Oplink defender? Limbo, Frost, or Vauban? My fashionframe with all three is strong, and while my Mesa is the destroyer of worlds, there simply aren't enough defenders. I saw someone with a Hydroid who perfectly complimented my Frost -- my Snow Globe stopped bullets while his ability to summon Urotsukidōji, the Overfiend took out most of the melee units.

I was honestly surprised Hydroid was useful, and if I had Hydroid Prime I'd potato and forma that sumbitch.

Limbo is best because you can leave toward the next point immediately. Frost is great for armor stripping (and in general. And by in general I mean stripping).

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 1, 2020

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

update on switch is dropping.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I haven't been able to get it to work yet.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Also there's no way to tell how many random thingamajigs you gathered without loading loading loading the clue scene (maybe I missed it, but I couldn't find it). How many times have they failed to put the amount of currency you hold in a screen that needs it?

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Searching for "resonance" in the general inventory works for me, if you mean what i think you mean.

The glassmaker standing you get just goes into your nightwave xp bar tho, no inventory items there.

That does work, thanks. Still, it should be on the drat nightwave screen how many times have they made this mistake.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Raptor1033 posted:

oh neat! Your post made me realize I don't have a whole bunch of arbitration auras! Looks like I have a reason to do those again. Wonder when those got added.

I have a mess I can give you if you’re on switch.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

The puzzle design is terrible. But I’m so happy for being able to earn standing somewhat passively with fissures.

Edit: and the 7k for the puzzle is a gimme

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I'm MR 23 and finally bothered to farm and build Nekros, Saryn, Equinox, and working on Mesa. At least the fights are easy for me now.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

The kuva kohm is amazing. I have a tonkor I love too.

Honestly the game is full of fun, useable weapons if you’re willing to put 5 Forma into them.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 17, 2020

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

xiw posted:

Is there a faster way to get the initial set of lich requiem mods yet? I've been basically dreading coming back to the game because i still only have 2/8 of them and i'd cracked about 20 relics

weirdly I enjoy cracking normal relics, but grinding and cracking requiem ones for days and days in order to get to play with this system was a nightmare

The old kuva siphon missions are good for relics. Flood guarantees. Or goons. If you’re on switch I have plenty to spare (pnp17).

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 13:25 on May 17, 2020

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Previous the shield gating update, didn't Adaptation only kick in when your health was dipped into? It definitely is active with damage to shields now, which could make for some crazy.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I have to add that continuing to crack kuva relics is a great way to make plat.

Here’s my Kohm setup. I agree it requires ammo mut. Arcane tempo makes it scream.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 13:31 on May 19, 2020

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I don’t know about u guys, but I enjoy this game.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Also I have best of both worlds and run Rush AND Ice Spring on my Frost build. I'm still slow as hell. :colbert:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I got the NW kubrow skin and now Ms Nasty’s toenail game is on point.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Phobophilia posted:

BTW today's Darvo deal isn't awful, Twin Kohmak is a huge pain in the rear end to build, it costs 3 forma (35p), 1 slot (6p) and 1 potato (20p). Getting all that for effectively 29p isn't a bad deal.

Darvo weapons come potatoed?

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I don’t get why they sell the shoulder and leg attachments separately in his shop.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I meant left and right sell separately for both. Sorry, I worded that terribly.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Mailer posted:

Report from MR3 on a new account in a non-goon platform: I finally managed to scrape together the plastids for Rhino. All weapons hit like tissue paper. Energy lets me use one ability before having to find like eight more balls to charge it. I regularly get clowned by corpus shield generators. I picked Volt so I don't even get to use the cool energy sword to clean house once in a while. Everything is horrible.

If the new player experience feels like this to someone who already knows what they're doing how the hell does anyone ever stick with this game.

What platform?

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

el dingo posted:

I also started again recently on a new platform (switch) and found it fine. Now I did join the goon clan but theres usually just 3ish people online and all I asked for was unflawed basic mods like serration so not exactly a massive power boost. I could pretty much just mash melee to deal with most problems until I got to MR4 and then its Hek and yknow. I also started with excalibur cos on my PC account I went volt and that kinda screwed me for relay fights. Amazing how much easier it is with radial blind...

Yeah, my ign is pnp17. I’m on everyday and would be happy to help you with anything.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Did my first railjack mission.

I have no idea what is happening and I got my rear end kicked by a large ship. I had a hull breach, but have no idea how to cure it.

Is there a tutorial or something I missed?

Hit me up next time you see me and I'll take you out.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I'm on switch: pnp17. I can give you avionics and take you out on my spaceboat to farm.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Profit taker sucks. My game crashed twice in a row just as I finished the fight. Fix your poo poo, DE.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Caches in sabotage missions and occasional bonus canisters in the void also make the same noise.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Screaming Idiot posted:

I got the electric ephemera, and it makes things hard to see, especially if I put it on my archwing.

The ice one makes it look like your pet has fleas.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Instead of nerfing the Bramma they should have buffed some of the lesser used kuva weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Listen.

If the whole map is not covered in hot pink explosions at all times, what is even the point of playing?

For real. I’m an artist and if you want to make your energy colors as annoying wonderful as possible learn to use complementary colors.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jun 12, 2020