Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Man, grineer survival missions are so much fun. So many heavy units to choose from when you wanna mind control someone and they do so, so much work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Good lord the 3 power duration mods on trinity are absurd. Doubt I'll ever have the money to max narrow minded but having blessing's invulnerability last half a drat minute is a nice pipe dream.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Denzine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12RBu24s5gE

Update 11 preview. We're getting a better map and Trading and some other poo poo I don't care about.

PS we need an updated layout for the clan hall to integrate the trading room someone get on that.

The little map thing is gonna be amazing.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Tenno shotgun :toot:

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

gently caress images and formatting. warframe patch notes

ADDITIONS:
New Warframe: “Valkyr” Female Berserker Class, Cosmetic Bastet Helmet & Cosmetic Restraints!
https://www.youtube....h?v=K-jH6mP37_k

New Weapons:
“Tigris” Tenno Double-Barrel Shotgun (Primary)
“Cestra” Corpus Mini-gun (Secondary)
“Lecta” Corpus Whip (Melee)
New Prime Gear: Ember, Glaive, and Sicarus! Find it all in the Void Today!
New Damage Model 2.0! More information here: https://forums.warfr...n-on-damage-20/
New Customizations: Warframe Skins for the first 8 Warframes!
New Decorations for the Dojo (Including a Trading Kiosk!)
New Tile Set: Corpus Gas City
New Enemies: 3 Corpus enemy types to seek and destroy!
New Boss: Sargus Ruk (Grineer)
New Boss: Alad V & Zanuka (Corpus)
New System: Trading 1.0! Build the Trading Kiosk in your Dojo to begin!
New System: Codex and Scanner (Scan enemies to unlock entries & details in the Codex)
New Mods for Slash (Health) Damage, Toxic (Poison) Damage, Impact (Shield) Damage, and Status (Proc Chance) Effects!
New Resource Drone: collects crafting materials from planetary systems!
Host Election: the player with the best combination of PC performance & networking conditions now automatically become host when launching a public mission
Full on-screen map: Press M during gameplay to view the overall level map as you uncover it through exploration!
Added option to opt-in to Nightmare nodes
Added hotkey support for Gear items
Added "click a planet" hint when sitting at default state of the star chart
Added new icon for Boss nodes on the star chart
Players can now copy other players' mission votes by clicking on the squad info panel.
Additional features to in-game voice communications. Microphone and output device can now be selected. Improvements to range on weak microphones has also been added.
Added in-game Achievements
Update 11 Launch Event: The Hunt for Alad V! https://forums.warfr...r-alad-v-is-on/

CHANGES:
Sprint is no longer needed to initiate a Wall-Run
The contact-list network protocol has been completely rewritten to work-around Strict NAT and network problems caused by having a large number of contacts (the new system still being tuned, please be patient)
Enabled Multi-Threaded Rendering by default (can be disabled in launcher if needed).
Capture targets are now more dynamic and mobile: there are a range of tougher Corpus and Grineer targets with varying abilities and weapons will flee at the first sign of danger. Stop them from boarding a shuttle and escaping!
Phorid has moved from his home on Naeglar and our spys indicate that he may strike at any time. Look for Infested invasions on your in-game alert display; we have reason to believe that if there is an invasion where a boss would normally be found you are likely to find Phorid there instead (we also suspect him to be carrying Volt Warframe component blueprints!)
Redesigned and merged the Contacts and Chat UI (look for them on the right-hand side of your screen)
Star Chart progress, Sentinel and Sentinel-Weapon rank now contribute to Mastery level. Note: Complete a mission with your leveled up Sentinels ans Sentinel-Weapons to receive this Master XP retroactively
Improved top-bar navigation to include the Codex and Inbox
Sentinels now come with a default amount of armor
Removed co-op doors from survival missions
Time between Defense waves has been reduced to 6 seconds
The Inbox now updates with unread message count
Inbox message icons will now refresh properly when deleting messages
Rewards delivered to inbox are received automatically upon reading message – new text added to make this clear
Updated Dojo room art for the following rooms (visual update will be automatic, no rebuild necessary):
Oracle
Barracks (Moon, Mountain, Storm, Shadow)
Research Labs (Bio, Energy, Chem)
Added Auto-target locking for gamepad melee. Melee Assist Option is a toggle.
Star Chart: added effects & colorization to further distinguish available nodes from completed/locked nodes, and highlight boss nodes.
Stun Chance mods (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Melee) are now Status Effect mods in accordance with new damage system
2D and 3D weapons duck ambience by 2 dB less and duck music by 1 dB less. 2D weapons duck 3D weapons by 2dB less
Improved sound-ducking mixes
Changed Europa planet description so that it wasn't the same as Eris
Added UI elements to better indicate player extraction status (players waiting, # of players, etc)
Added new icons for Sentinel weapons
Switched the Prova to use Machete animations and finishers
New space skybox added to the Grineer Galleon tile set
Improved the sound for the Heavy Impact mod
Audio improvements to some stealth finishers
Rebalanced some mod types for Conclave battles (Stun mods, Crit mods, and Corrupted mods)
Tuned conclave values for Brakk, Machete Wraith, and Obex
Added sound for Galleon air lifts in Conclave map
Stalker has been improving his melee combo techniques
NPCs will no longer target Rescue agents

FIXES:
Fixed multiple localized text strings across all languages
Experimental camera fixes – camera does not collide with enemies or players to avoid annoying jitter.
Fixed issue where only host could invite players into a Dojo
Fixed more instances of enemy AI spawning or falling into unreachable areas in Exterminate missions
Fixed falling out of level in Mastery Challenge 7 costing a revive
Fixed some navigation/design issues in new level connectors
Fixed some issues related to Nyx’s Mind Control ability where brainwashed AI didn’t always attack enemies as intended
Fixed various teleport issues that would result in “out of world” experiences
Fixed some missing materials identified in Corpus ship levels
Fixed a case where you are unable to melee/block sometimes after being knocked down during melee swings
Fixed a case where the player would stay in the melee charge anim sometimes if knocked down during melee attack
Fixed HUD error when using VOIP in dojo
Fixed missing respawn volume in Dojo obstacle course
Fixed some reported issues of flickering textures
Fixed missing jump actions required by enemies in certain levels
Fixed Jackal robot missile seeking offset
Fixed Security Camera sounds not playing for clients
Fixed names of Gradivus Dilemma trophies
Fixed in-game chat overlay not hiding when hitting ESC/clicking away before auto-hide occurs
Fixed host's loadout score used by quickmatch not updating realtime when equipping different equipment in arsenal
Fixed Grineer Scorpion to have proper in-game description
Fixed issue with Kestrel and Glaive animations for holstering
Fixed unlocalized text string when trying to buy a slot with insufficient platinum
Fixed all reported/known issues of players falling through elevators
Fixed ledge-mantling mid wall-jump causing you to keep your push velocity
Fixed Rhino’s Iron Skin ability that granted invulnerability during oxygen loss
Fixed weapon attachments to now play the fire animation according to their respective fire rate (with any upgrade mods)
Fixed broken weapon recoil behaviour; it now works as intended
Fixed Roller idle animation jittering
Fixed “power in use” issue after using Banshee’s Sonic Boom ability
Fixed Acrid weapon not doing damage over time
Fixed Saryn’s Miasma ability to apply damage over time
Fixed issue where Ciphers were being consumed twice on a single hack
Fixed Nekros Soul Punch ability to ragdoll target NPCs
Fixed Trinity’s Energy Vampire in Conclave which caused enemies on the opposite team to regenerate energy as well
Fixed issue that allowed spectators to fire the Ignis and Flux rifle while spectating in Conclave
Fixed enemies not getting auto-killed if they ragdoll in the middle of a death animation
Fixed multiple issues with Infested enemy types related to map navigation
Fixed high level enemies spawning in low-level defense missions
Fixed Private session countdown not starting after friend joins/selects mission

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Khorne posted:

Is there any way to bring up clan chat in-game?

Also, is the acrid worthless now? My sentinel appears to out dps it on the few enemies I've tried it on.

Yeah its damage is rear end. Maybe the damage type will be useful on a special kind of enemy or something? Or one of the toxin + other element combinations?

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Coldbird posted:

So, Acrid is bad, but unless there's some kind of massive display bug then pretty much all shotgun-based weapons are overpowered as hell.

It's took a while, but I'm glad the game is back to the way it should be. 1k puncture, 2k elemental combo damage hek? Yes please.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Apparently link no longer protects from knockdown or disruptor drain. Which are literally the only two cc effects you care about and slot the skill for in the first place. Looks like focus/blind rage/fleeting expertise energy battery is the name of the trinity game now.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

A friend of mine bought Valkyr outright last night and I gotta say that I'm jealous. She looks cool and her grapple looks really fun. I can't wait until we can fight Alad. Is experiance still borked?

I also have Nyx coming out of the oven today. Does she have any "must have" mods? She seems like a neato frame overall.

Mind control, chaos, power range, power efficiency, shields.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Extra mastery gets saved.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Sonic boom is amazing crowd control. Bullet attractor isn't bad cc either since it's basically a reverse snowglobe that also damages whoever you cast it on.

I've been playing volt recently and I'd definitely say all 4 of his skills are good. When shock damage drops off, it still has that ridiculous chain stun. The benefits of speed and electric shield are obvious. Overload deals an absurd amount of damage and has the same ridiculous stun that shock has.

I only use him against corpus though so it's probably likely that he still sucks rear end against everyone else

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Kortel posted:

Trinity any fun to use? I like the idea of a support warframe but I'm on the fence about trying to grind out for it. Tied between Ember, Trinity or Banshee right now for first grind out but I'm not to the required boss yet to harvest for sweet sweet parts.

I think banshee's the most fun of those 3 but the hardest to get. Running into huge groups of enemies with link up makes trinity as lot of fun as well. Ember is just rear end.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Did that high level vauban chassis or w/e infested alert. Antimatter drop is a beautiful thing when the game decides to let it work correctly

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Don't forget the nekros blueprint costs like 2.5 times as much as any other frame for no reason

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Prob been close to a year since I played this game. So much catching up to do but I gotta do it. I need that nyx prime so bad

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Is it bad that I'm almost tempted to just not care about fleeting expertise now that I have that x10 blueprint for energy restores?

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

tlarn posted:

Hall of Malevolence, for those people who thought Mirage wasn't hilariously overpowered enough.

Was sad as hell when I saw the nyx skill was bolts but this made up for it

bofa salesman fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Sentinels seem to die isntantly now