Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
So I downloaded this game on a whim yesterday and I have absolutely no loving idea what is going on except that my guns suck and that sprinting + crouching makes me look like a loving badass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Ok so I'm not the only one getting that.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
:pcgaming:

So from what I can tell I need to go find a way to murder my ISP, apparently. Love randomly losing my connection when walking to extract!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Shugojin posted:

Since you're Excalibur what I can tell you is max Radial Blind. Like, immediately. It's an absurdly good skill!

Wait, really? I think I tried it like once and then stopped slotting it, what am I missing?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
From what I understand, if
you throw enough time / money / effort into any gun it can be a powerhouse.

Doesn't mean that it will be worth it.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
How? Sentinel on drugs?

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Middle of the day, that sucks.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Yay hot pink Ignis is a reality!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

AzureRequiem posted:

I won't post it if it would be considered derailing the thread.

Then write fanfic about the patch notes instead!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Oh, so that's why this thread blew up overnight. What is wrong with you people.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Elysiume posted:

But what's the reward!

:havlat: 10700 space monies! :havlat:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
So for some reason the Steam overlay just does not work in this game. I know some other people have this issue too, I was wondering if anything knows anything about fixing it? I want to take out of context screenshots of Tenno helldisco raves and share them with people.

nacon posted:

I guess that ODD disco hell is kind of what this game is all about.

I legitimately have eyestrain after all of that. Turn off Bloom, kids. Won't do anything to help with the deafening Phage, though...

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Mar 7, 2014

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Mr. Vile posted:

Do you have Fraps running? It breaks the Steam overlay in Warframe for some reason.

Nope.

I verified the game's cache and it said 171 files were unverified and now I think it's just downloading the whole drat game again, since it says it's got more than 4 GB to go :catstare:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Since Warframe updates via the launcher, verifying normally restores whatever version is on Steam's servers, which is several months out of date by now.

Welp.

I just want to be able to take screenshots :negative:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Ok, looks like the Steam overlay works if you run the game in 32bit mode. This is rather dumb.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Sandweed posted:

I recently fixed this by turning of x64 and DX11, starting the game, quitting, enabling DX11 only, starting the game quitting and then enabling x64 and the overlay worked.

Didn't work for me, oh well.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I thought you people were joking, but no, Hek totally wants to throw Lotus into the sun :ohdear:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
What's the best way to go about acquiring large sums of space money these days? I'm constantly strapped for credits.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Shine posted:

Sounds like it sucks to not have Iron Skin on at all times. :smugdog:

Or just get all Hysterical about it, and then it stops being a problem!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I'll intentionally run into those if I'm playing Valkyr because gently caress shields I need to get my Rage going.

The hilarious thing is pubbies will, without fail, dogpile into the lasers with me.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Well, uh, this is awkward.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I kinda wanna see just how far Zorencopter will launch you with a maxxed out Fury, Speed Boost, and Warcry all at once.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I just need the Chassis, DE, the Chassis!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I want to reduce the power duration on Saryn to make the most of Miasma, correct? The wiki says to do that but I want to double check and make sure.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Previously, we had a series of duels where the goal was to try and kill the spectators / innocent bystanders.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Around the time the actual game was removed from the app store. Flappy Zephyr!

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Ouch. New Stalker is not a chump anymore, he just kicked my rear end while I was burning through some infested missions.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Pierson posted:

I'm totally down for Cthulhuframe but we need a water tileset to go along with it.

I'm not sure we can handle the sort of :de: shenanigans that would occur with water movement.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

No that's Nekros.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Its true, I received an honorary dick after lurking for 2 years.

E: Also it should be Gooneer, Gooner doesn't pronounce the right way.

E2: Checked ingame it's fixed, hooray!

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Apr 17, 2014

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Don't need to coptor when you can ripline around the place.

Also you can be a huge dick and ripline other players around.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Guys we're losing the rail conflict!

This system is so dumb.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Thrasophius posted:

May have to build it and put it on volt, get a nice electric theme going it'll be sweet.

I know you want penetration for gineer, impact for corpus and slash for infected but are there any exceptions to those rules in the different races?

Is there an electric secondary? I can see a gimmick with this and the plasma sword.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
All aboard the hot pink party boat! :gay:

If they don't let me customize my ship and also show it off I am going to be very disappointed.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Every time. Every loving time the Three Stooges show up I'm leveling some new frame in pubbie hell.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Don't forget you have ripline. You can target an enemy with it too.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
You can use the Lato to build a Bolto (which is a good gun and can be used to make Akboltos which are double the fun). Everything else you can toss after you hit rank 30 with it.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I really want to know why the hell we don't have nunchucks in-game yet.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
No, he just painted himself in colors that look like one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
I come back to this thread after almost a year off and it's the same as I remember it :allears:

Game is different, I have a spaceship now? And the map is all different. I don't remember what I was doing but I have a halfway mastered Penta equipped so it must have been something stupid.