Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Hopefully crossplay will be coming soonish. Once I hit Mars and beyond on the ps4, the players sharply dropped off even during prime time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Ps4 also seems to be unable to sell items if they are in a stack of more than one. The interface lets you adjust the amount all you want but no button will actually sell the stack.

Is there a PS4 clan yet? Because doing anything past Earth finds you 0 people for matchmaking.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Nov 18, 2013

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

MotU posted:

Okay so I just started playing this and did my first mission and now my second mission on Mercury says it is a lvl 16-18 spy mission. Is it supposed to be that high?

Probably an alert taking place there right now.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Feenix posted:

Is there a way to tell stat comparisons or whatever? Like there's this Cronus Blade I can build now, but I have NO idea if its worth 12 hours and 15,000 credits plus valuable parts.

How do I know if it's better than my default Skana sword?

You should be able to view the stat values of all the weapons in the market.

Back on plat talk for a moment for those thinking about spending real money on plat, wait until you get the plat discount as a daily login reward. Once you get up to the 3 star tier, you can get a 75% coupon for plat purchases. It's not that common but the 50% discount is fairly regular. You really shouldn't buy plat without one of those two.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
We need more ps4 warframe goons. I keep running into the same two or three pubs on the outer planets and they are absolutely awful. Like maybe 10% of the groups damage bad.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
That new system sounds awesome.

Finally found a not terrible group on PS4 and was able to farm some command modules. Now I have a Rhino cooking and am only one or two blueprints off a few more frames. If only I had skill mods for any of the frames that I have the blueprints for.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Beautiful Princess posted:

So I just downloaded this and started playing, only level 3, but I dont have any mods installed. I cannt for the life figure out how to install them, and any videos I see when I google have a completely different UI then the one in the game that I have. I am getting very confused..

You unlock mod slots when you level items. The number of slots is equal to your level. Go to arsenal. Your equipped gear is in the top four boxes. Go to the piece you want to mod. Press the upgrade button. Install mods.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

a foolish pianist posted:

I played a bit today, and I discovered that I can build the Cronus sword with crap I've collected. So far, melee has been terrible - the forward motion involved means missing most of the time, flailing about like an idiot, but that's just been with the starting weapon. Would making the Cronus improve that? Also, should I join the goon clan? I don't know what it would do. My PSN is phentyn, though.

Mods help a lot with melee. So does any double weapon. Double Ether or Double Heat is a good start until you get enough mastery to move away from swords.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
For newer PS4 folks (or anyone on PS4 for that matter), I'm up for doing boss runs, alerts, defenses, survival, or just running newer people through maps whenever I'm on. If you need to get boosted to a system where you can get some command modules, for example, just let me know. Just say something in clan chat or send me a message. Message might be better because clan chat isn't always easy to access (especially in the middle of a run). PSN: aDiscreteCoonjob.

On another note, hopefully the PS4 U11 won't be too far behind the PC one so we can do some crossplay. Would definitely help things be less empty.

Crowbear posted:

On the PS4 powers are bound the flicking the touchpad in different directions. It actually works really well once you're used to it.

The use of the touchpad in this game has completely sold me on the feature. I thought the touchpad looked really dumb before the console launched and would be gimmicky. And that's how some of the games use it. But it works so well on Warframe that I really want it to be integrated into more PS4 games in the future.

Edit: Just thought of something. Has anyone on PS4 seen one of the Platinum discount coupons yet? I just assumed they would be on both versions but I guess it's possible they might not be. Anyone know the answer to this for sure?

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 20, 2013

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

DelphiAegis posted:

Edit: ^^ Maybe I counted wrong, but isn't initiate Rank1?

Well, reading some of them, how are they going to be applied? Will there be a scan of your account every time you log-in, or done once that gives you these achievements? Also, I'm a "Seeker" in rank, which is rank 10, but they have achievements for up to rank 30. Are they going to change how mastery is calculated, or is this a future-proof thing for more weapons to add? My guess is the latter, with a flattening off of the mastery XP required to level, as it is impossible to be anywhere into Rank13 right now, and that's with everything in the game, including all event and founder bonus stuff.

They are making some small changes to mastery calculation as well. Star map completion now adds to mastery. But yeah, getting anywhere near that high would be ridiculous.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

necrobobsledder posted:

I'm a bit bothered by a supposed "ninja" game being really bad at stealth mechanics and we're all using the loudest possible weapons and skills to have ever graced an action game. Perhaps this will change with the melee system in the future. I think it's possible for the engine to support a modestly possible stealth approach to gameplay not all that far off from how the Metal Gear Solid series has historically worked, but DE doesn't provide the proper incentives and / or consequences to do it that way not to mention equipment. If they do pull it off, it'll be the only multiplayer action sneaker on the market aside from people doing multiplayer Splinter Cell, so they'd be way off in uncharted market category territory.

Yeah, I dislike this as well. I wish they would do a full overhaul of the system. Make alarms localized like lockdowns are now. Maybe shipwide if you really gently caress up and don't shut them off. Greatly increase melee done to unalerted targets. Have a set of silent weapons that do more damage to unalerted targets (some weapons are already silent, but maybe make more of these). Mods that increase damage while stealthed, mods that make other weapons silenced. And they'd need to incentivize it. Bonus XP, credits, etc. for completing a mission without a shipwide alarm. Maybe we'll get a large scale change similar to the damage change.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Feenix posted:

So you're saying, as a newbie-guy, best bet is to hold off... (Or if I really want a new frame, drop some plat..)

It takes very little time to get a new frame farmingwise. Just do jackal until you get all three parts of the rhino print. I'll help you get a control module when you need it.

Feenix posted:

Is this patch simultaneous for ps4 as well as PC?

PS4 probably won't see the patch until the weekend at the earliest. PS4 will always be behind the PC patchwise, that's why they cancelled the idea of shared accounts.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Feenix posted:

Appreciated. I play after 8:30 pm PST and during the day in my home office when I should be working. (Teehee)

The thing I was thinking was just that Neptune or the Jackal or whatever sounded far off for me, and I was just a little tired of Excalibur.

How far away am I from Jackal? I think I did up to Esper (after Ishtar?) on Venus.

How rare are the 3 parts on Jackal? Am I going to have to run The jackal more than 10 times?

Thanks for the advice. :)

Jackal is the boss of Venus. Each end planet boss drops a set of blueprint and then a few other blueprints come from other sources. You get the blueprints for the 3 parts (systems seem to be a lower rate than other parts). May take 3 runs, may take 10. Make each blueprint (12 hours for each but you can craft them all at the same time), then buy the Rhino blueprint off the Market and craft it (72 hours). It's 15k per blueprint to craft the parts and 25k to craft rhino. It's either 25k or 35k for the Rhino blueprint. It sounds like a lot but it's really not. After a week of pretty casual playing, you'll be able to do it. The hardest part is the command module because 1) it's only on Europa, Neptune, or Void; and 2) the number of groups doing those zones on PS4 or even the levels leading to them is really small right now. Your best bet is definitely to have a goon run you through it. I'll probably be on at some point during your play time so if you want a module run, just let me know. Probably won't be around much this weekend though as I'm traveling.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Feenix posted:

Sorry for all the questions, it's just that I'm not loving my time with Excalibur and I have limited game time (wife, 11 month old...) so sometimes throwing money at the problem is the best solution.

So if I bought a frame with Plat, is it instantly delivered? Usable immediately?

Where can I read about Mag and Rhino?

Excalibur starts a bit slow but he's solid with good weapons and skill use. Stack defensive mods, use a Slash Dash a fuckton and you'll have more fun with him. He doesn't really come into his own until you have him pretty modded out. Weapons make a huge difference too. Once you get a Kunai, Boltor, and a non-lovely melee weapon, he's much much better.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Feenix posted:

Last question. Buying a new frame doesn't lock me out of using my old one or it's progress, right?

Nope. You can freely switch as long as you have open slots. You'll probably want to level as many as possible to increase your mastery (unless they finally change how it's calculated).

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Double post to say I'm doing some Jackal runs right now if anyone wants in. PSN: aDiscreteCoonjob

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

The Fattest PI posted:

Did they buff/rework ember and nerf mag?

Those are my only two frames so this is all that matters

The damage changes would greatly affect both of them since armor got removed on lots of mobs.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 21, 2013

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

katkillad2 posted:

What is the next weapon I should be looking for after the Braton and is said weapon a schematic drop from somewhere or a schematic I can buy on the market? I went from doing 50% damage playing with newbies who were using the lesser version of the Braton to doing 15-20% damage while I see other players doing 50%. It just feels like I should probably have something else by now, I think I'm around rank 20 with the Braton.

I'm also still using the starter pistol and sword.

Finish that and move on to Boltor primary, Kunai secondary. You'll pop back up there on damage again. Though with U11, you might try shotguns. They are supposed to be pretty beastly now.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

IRSmurf posted:

I spent :10bux: on Warframe last night, which was added to my PS+ credit. I had enough to buy the Sentinel and enough plastids and morphics to build the Latron and Vasto. Did I make a good decision?

As soon as I have the credits, I'm going to buy a Rhino blueprint. I've got the blueprints for Rhino's helmet and chassis, but I need to keep farming for until the systems blueprint drops.

Don't waste money on crafting mats, they are super easy to farm.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

MotU posted:

Is someone still inviting for the PS4 version for a clan?

Yeah, just post your psn and we'll invite.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Clan chat on the PS4 kind of sucks since you don't get alerts when people have replied and you also can't see it. So I'll post here instead. I'm going to be online for a bit tonight and clearing as much of the star map as possible. Send me a message if you want to join in.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

a foolish pianist posted:

What's your psn name?

aDiscreteCoonjob

Male Man posted:

Clan chat's pretty frustrating on the PC right now, too. The chat window accepts any and all input when it's open, so you can't navigate other windows without scrolling your chat all over the place and collapsing it when you're just trying to back out of the arsenal. And there's not a UI safe-space carved out for the chat window, so it gets in the way of stuff. And they still haven't worked out a system to stick multiple channels in the same tab, so if I want to listen to my clan (I do!) I have to go completely deaf to my squadmates.

Yeah, the ui is a pretty big mess. I'd love to see some improvements in the next patch.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Cowcaster posted:

I'm kind of lost with some of these new things:
  • What are these "nav coordinate" bubbles I'm picking up?
  • What are these dragon key blueprints available in the shop? I'm guessing a special challenge orokin void with the handicap mentioned but better loot?
  • I did a couple alert missions but they didn't give out their bonus cash?
  • How do I trade?

The Coords are used to craft keys to go to the special missions.
Pretty much.
Possibly a bug. Were you alive at the end of the mission?
PC can do it through the market in the dojo now, right? PS4, not yet.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Tallgeese posted:

So, just to double check, PS4/PC cross-platform play is currently not implemented, right?

Right. It will be up when they get on the same patch.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

katkillad2 posted:

So funny thing, I was asking about weapon advice earlier. Turns out it didn't really matter because for every suggested weapon I'm still not anywhere near being able to craft anything. :smith:

I can't wait for the PC/PS4 crossover play, because I've been kind of stuck not being able to find any players my level.

Add some of us to your friend's list and just message us for games. I've run a bunch of farming runs with full groups the last two days and some Void/Derelict stuff too. There are goons in just about every planet.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Crowbear posted:

I will be on soon and am up for more Tower stuff.

I dunno if we can do a rank II mission but I'm down to try. I also have a bunch more Rank I keys we can do.

You guys shouldn't have any issues with Rank 2 or derelicts. They are no harder thanEuropa or Sedna and easier than most alerts.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

a glorious hole posted:

I'll be home in an hour or so and I'm always down to do more stuff. Though I queued up my Rhino Frame to be built last night so I may start leveling that. What kind of weapons are suggested? I feel like shotguns would be fun since it sounds like a tanky / close range character but I haven't seen many good reviews of them here. I'm still a low rank right now though.

Stick with kunai/boltor until you can get the better shotguns. Strun isn't terrible but it's a lot of cash for mediocre. The higher rank shottys are much better if you want to go that way.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The lack of a discounts in the PS4 version is really disappointing. I want to get some potatoes but the ps4 price for plat is stupid. I'm hoping that they actually put them in and aren't just bullshitting us about them.

A patch to fix the desyncing bug would be great too.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 26, 2013

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Running a bunch of Void/Derelicts on PS4 tonight. Send me a message if you want to join in. PSN: aDiscreteCoonjob

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Orokin Void

Trying to get information about where every possible treasure room and storage container in the Orokin Void is fairly difficult as most posts and videos you see online all show only a few different locations, usually less than half. Even some of the better guides miss one or two major rooms. I'm going to try and put a full guide for goons up here over the next week or so. It's not easy to quickly make a guide like that because sometimes you'll go 20 runs without seeing a particular treasure room. As I see new ones, I'll add them to this post. I'm going to eventually upload pictures of every single void room to here because it's just as helpful to know where there is nothing in a room as when there is because some of the secrets are ridiculously elaborate.

General thoughts about treasure hunting in the Void

Some people are probably wondering, why should I bother with this poo poo? Frankly, because it's a fun change of pace. Trying to find some of the ridiculous hiding places in the Void can be lots of fun and rather satisfying when you realize that the pillar 100 feet in the air that you thought was decorative really has a treasure chest on it. The realistic reason for doing this is that you can make a fuckload of credits doing it. Even after you don't need the blueprints anymore, the Void can provide a very large amount of credits for a minimal time investment (after the initial learning curve of HOW THE gently caress DO I GET UP THERE?). 30-50k credits aren't unusual if you hit all the rooms. However, there are a few things that you should do to make treasure hunting much more successful.

First, go farm up Master Thief. It's a great mod for farming anything from resources to credits and everyone should try and get a copy. 40% chance for an locked locker to unlock at max level. That's usually going to translate to an extra 10k+ credits per void mission.

Second, if you are bad a parkour, consider taking a warframe with good movement abilities into the Void. Nova and Vauban are both good choices.

Third, if you want to try to fully complete the parkour rooms, having mods with +stam or +stam regen, aren't bad choices. One of the parkour rooms in particular is very demanding on stamina because you spend 90% of the time wall-running or climbing. If you have a slower frame like Rhino, you are going to have lots of problems finishing that room without a movement mod.

Missions

Defense: Not your standard void tileset so it's lacking the usual treasure rooms. There are plenty of lockers and storage containers lying around though.
Extermination: Standard void tileset but has treasure rooms very infrequently.
Capture: Standard void tileset frequently has parkour rooms and other treasure rooms.
Mobile Defense: Standard void tileset frequently has treasure rooms.
Survival: Standard void tileset with lots of treasure rooms but infrequently has parkour rooms.

Void Rooms

Oval Treasure Room

One of the most basic treasure rooms. Several lockers that when opened will activate the turrets.

Large Treasure Room

Another basic treasure room. This has lots of lockers in alcoves, storage containers, and has a small area under the balcony with storage containers. Also has lots of turrets that activate upon opening lockers.

The Aqueduct

A really common starting room for Capture/Elimination. There is a small channel in the middle with a treasure room on one side and some storage containers and a doorway on the other.

The Fountain

In the center of this room is a downwards waterfall like a fountain, if you jump down the waterfall there is a small sewer pipe with a treasure room of lockers and storage containers.

The Pavilion

A platforming room. Three stories with a large pavilion along one wall. There is a treasure room on the third floor balcony. The easiest way to get there is to climb on top of the pavilion and then wall-run to the balcony.

Start here:

Those engravings stick out from the wall slightly. You can climb on top of them and then wallrun up to the pavilion.

From here just wall run straight across to the balcony.

Also inside the Pavilion is a staircase going down.

This will often lead to a basic treasure room.

The Half-Pipe

Mostly a filler room. It has several doorways that are often green but usually lead to empty hallways. However, those hallways can lead to parkour rooms so always check them out. There are several types of traps in the room as well. The important thing of note here are the storage containers hidden on the balcony.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

In the half pipe room there are also two globes on the ceiling that contain pots and a pressure plate in the middle that opens them for a limited time, so you can shoot the pots to make the loot fall out.

See the balcony right by my reticle? You can climb on there by either jumping on a disabled deathcube or by wall-flipping. There are 4-6 storage containers up top.

The Castle

Mostly bland void room. There are some storage containers in the room. Notable only because it is one of the rooms that may connect to a parkour room.

Orbs

There are a few storage containers in this room on raised platforms. Simply wall-climb up to the top and jump from garden to garden.

The Senate

Bland and empty void room. Some storage containers and lots of doors that often lead to treasure containers.

The Roundabout

This room features a locked treasure room in the center. If you climb on top of the treasure room there is an elevator that will take you down to it and unlock all the doors. You can either wall-bounce or wall-run to get up there.

The Towers

This room features two elevators to small towers on each side. The towers themselves are usually empty and just have a storage container or two. Maybe a passage to a treasure room. However, in the water at the bottom of the room is a sewer that leads to some treasure rooms.

The L

A simple L shaped room with lockers and nothing special. There are several rooms like these and they can be safely ignored. (Though they may have containers on top of each of those pillars but without a nova, there is no easy way to check).

Hallway to Nothing

This room usually has absolutely nothing of value. It's often the last room in a sidepath and a complete dead end. Occasionally it will connect to a Parkour room or treasure room.

The Waterfall Room

<Needs a picture>

This is a puzzle room with two possible treasure rooms. All around the room are circular pressure plates. Some times they will activate to create either an upwards waterfall that will shoot you to a treasure room or will open a treasure room under the center platform.

The Puzzle Room

<Needs a picture>

This is a room with three floors and four staircases each with a pressure plate on them. Do not touch those plates. One plate will be blue and the others will be yellow. Press the blue plate until it depresses and turns green. Then one of the yellows will turn blue. Find it and press it. Repeat until all are pressed. The second floor wall will open to reveal treasure. If you press the wrong plate, all will turn red and reset. Or they will just stop working all together. So don't hit the wrong plate.

Survival Room

<Needs a picture>

The first room in a survival mission. You jump down out of a drain pipe into a large room. Directly under said pipe is a red doorway. When you activate the terminal to start the survival mission it turns green and opens into a treasure room.

Tower of Frustration

<Needs a picture>

This is a really tall room with several trees in it and 2-3 pressure plates. Hit all the plates, climb the trees and then wall-bounce/wall-run up to a floating platform to enter a treasure room. Frankly, this room sucks and can be really annoying if you aren't good at parkour. Just bring a Vauban/Nova.

The Tree

A really large tree is in the center of this room. The room is three stories tall and you usually enter from the top. Run to the tree and jump all the way down the hole beside it. You'll end up in a basement with a treasure room.

The Reactor

This is a series of rooms that looks like a Sci-fi reactor. Lots of electricity and a big gently caress-off tube with electricity in it. The notable thing about this room is you ride an elevator either in or out of it. Start the elevator at the top, press to go down. Then jump off the elevator and against the wall, you'll land on a little walkway that descends into a treasure room.

The Run

<Needs a picture>

Like the puzzle room, this treasure room is often present but not always active. There are two long frost bridges, several deathcubes, and a pressure plate to start the run. When you hit the plate, you have to cross the entire room and enter a door that is closing. You have to do this pretty quickly so the best way to do it is to have two people and cheese it by climbing into a side treasure room through a pipe. I'll post pictures of this the next time I see it as it makes more sense in picture form.

The Cross

<Needs a picture>

This is a cross shaped room that is often full of lasers or deathcubes. In addition to being a deathtrap, there are some containers really high on the walls. I'll have to post pictures when I can but this room is extremely infrequent.

Parkour - The Climb

The hardest of the Parkour rooms, The Climb begins like every other Parkour room. A very small room with a single pressure plate. It is timed like all Parkour rooms.

Upon hitting the plate, the side wall opens and two lasers appear, destroy the lasers and climb up to begin the real challenge.

At this point, you will hit a switch which will open a door and let you begin climbing and wallrunning across platforms over a pit.

Your goal is to make it through a doorway before it closes. It's not easy and if you don't have a fast frame or stamina mods, you probably won't make it. Here's what it looks like if you fail.

You really need to watch a video to see this room in action. There are several on youtube that show you how to complete it.

Parkour - Lasers

The easy Parkour room. This room has lots of lasers and several frost panels. Here is the entrance.

Each section of the room is timed. When you hit a pressure plate, a red door will open and you will have to rush past lasers and frost traps to reach the other side.

If you fail, you will see this wall.

There are videos of this room but it's pretty simple to complete. Just keep running across the rooms as fast as possible. Inside this room there are lots and lots of alcoves with lockboxes and storage containers, wait until you've unlocked every single room and completed the course to go back and loot them all. I'll post pictures of some of the more obscure locations within the course where you can find treasure the next time I do it.

Extraction Room

Has some side passages that may lead to a treasure room.

Note about Orokin Derelicts

Many of the treasure rooms are also present in the derelicts but require alternate methods to reach them. I'll add the derelict treasure rooms as well in the future.

Future updates

There are at least a dozen other rooms I haven't listed just because I can't think of all of them off the top of my head and/or haven't seen them in my most recent runs. I'll upload more pictures and info when I get the chance. The best way to learn all the void secrets is to just run it a bunch especially with people who know them all. Even then though, you'll certainly miss some of the more obscure treasure chests that almost no one knows about. I've probably run a good 50+ missions since it released on PS4 and I'm still finding new rooms and new treasures.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Nov 30, 2013

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Gestalt Intellect posted:

In the half pipe room there are also two globes on the ceiling that contain pots and a pressure plate in the middle that opens them for a limited time, so you can shoot the pots to make the loot fall out.

Good catch. Just got that room and that timer is ridiculously short. Maybe 5 seconds at most.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Male Man posted:

Thanks for making me load like 20 1080p screenshots every time I want to view this page.

Scaled down to accommodate your 56k.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Crowbear posted:

Toggle "Align Attacks to Camera" off in the options. It's super dumb that it's toggled on by default because it's real lovely.

e: Oh holy poo poo I just got Hammer Shot :woop:

Why do you guys get all the cool mods on the days I'm not online! :argh: That and streamline are my white whales.

Anyone seen a potato alert on ps4 yet? Kinda concerned these might have gone the way of the discounts.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
A big thing to consider with DE and Warframe is that they haven't developed a game like this before and the game has not been in development very long (comparatively). They are adapting and getting better every patch cycle.

They've definitely made some bad decisions in the design department but they do seem to be slowly learning from them which can't be said for lots of studios, even triple-A high-budget ones with years of experience. As someone previously mentioned just look at the abortion that is ESO. Or Blizzard who just scrapped 5 years of development and countless millions on Titan. For only 2ish years of dev time by a smaller studio, Warframe is coming along pretty well.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Feenix posted:

I took a break to play other stuff and figured I'd wait until U11 came out for PS4.

Has it yet?

It's in certification now so soon. There's lots of reasoms to play before u11 though: easier to farm stalker, easier exp, etc.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Doji Sekushi posted:

After doing some research, I realized that the Thunderbolt bow mod I have been farming for is actually very bad. So, having fallen in love with bows on my Vauban, my farming efforts will now be directed towards Paris Prime. So let's do large amount of tower missions tonight, PS4 guys. Pretty please.

I'm back from the holidays on my stable connection and have plenty of keys. We can farm the hell out of void tonight.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Yaos posted:

I think to make the game better they should be thinking of the game as a Diablo clone since it's already part of the way there. You run through tons of mindless monsters and pick up loot, in this case mods, and grind your way to getting slightly better mods so you can kill more powerful monsters. It's already a step ahead of Diablo 3 with random levels. The game really needs more tilesets and more stuff in each tileset too.

It is nice to see a PC port butchered on the consoles since us PC folk get it the other way all the time.

I'll forgive them the issues of the ps4 port since they've only been working on it since March. Now if it still has the same issues when ps4 catches up to pc, that's a different story.

In the d3 vein, they need champion versions of mobs with random buffs that can randomly spawn. Maybe with random weaknesses as well. That would definitely spice things up. Imagine flame-enchanted ancients with a haste aura or stun-immune bombadiers that fire poison missiles.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 2, 2013

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Lork posted:

If you plug a gamepad into the PC version you can see that this is definitely the case. Trying to cram this game's controls onto a gamepad is going to result in some awkward compromises no matter what.

I actually have no problem with the gamepad controls. All skills on the touchpad lets just about everything else have its own button (other than crouch/slide but that's fine). Once you unlock melee and change the wallrun setting, the controls are great.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Fruit Chewy posted:

I'm guessing that's pretty thoroughly not available to me this early in the game without dropping piles of platinum?

You could message one of us to run you through it probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Helter Skelter posted:

Four revives per day, per frame. Switch to another frame, get 4 more revives! Granted, this doesn't help much when you're starting off and actually dying with some frequency while only having one or two frames.

Really though, you're generally only out a max of what, 15 minutes of time? Unless you're running high wave defense/long survival with pubbies, in which case I'd ask what would make you hate yourself so much that you'd do that.

And if you are running highwave/long survivals you are probably geared enough to solo them anyway. The revive limit is only annoying very early on.