Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Doji Sekushi posted:

This one is awful with pubbies. I ended up soloing it with a rhino. Do that.

But I need to get past Lua to get to the system with the control modules (E:? Or possibly the thing for the helmets. One of the critical ingredients.) to build the Rhino... (I also spent a lot of this weekend bouncing off that level.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
So, on the PS4, if I click off the "hold X to wallrun" controls option, what do I do instead to trigger a wallrun?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Does anyone know what the trick to getting a mic to work in PS4 Warframe itself is? Mine works fine in other games and in party chat, but not in the game itself at all.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

So, what element(s) should I put on my now-potatoed Ignis for each faction? (I'm on the PS4 version of damage 2.0, for reference.) Just going all Fire seems to produce smaller damage numbers than anything else, so I'm thinking Fire+corrosion for Grineer, but I'm not sure if Radioactivity, Gas, or Blast do me more good against infestation, corpus, and corrupted (or are there other Fire+ options I should also be considering...)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Butt Discussin posted:

Do we have a mumble or IRC or anything for the PS4 warframe clan? I'm still waiting on the invite, how will I know when I've received it? How do people coordinate and chat? The voice in game is really hard to understand, I guess I need to get a headset of some sort.

You'll get a Clan Key blueprint in your foundry, and the invite itself will appear in one of the more obscure sections of the social menu.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

So, there's a post on the WF boards quoting DE blaming the framerate issues on PS4 on carrier/vacuum.

What's the second best sentinel to run on a wide variety of frames (not rogue-types only), until the eventual fix comes in, assuming this turns out to be accurate? Dethcube?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Am I correct in believing that there's no way to tell who's hosting a given session? Because that would be really handy considering that host migration in defense is generally automatic mission fail...

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

TheBlandName posted:

Don't skip the opening cut-scene. Whichever warframe drops down from the vent first is hosting. If you did skip the cutscene, this person starts slightly ahead of everyone on the left side of the formation. Once you've moved or if you join mid-session there's no way to tell who's hosting.

That's...not nothing, I guess. But apart from a few edge cases (If it was a Mag and it's the one guy with four-digit shields, say, or if they've been downed and I happened to remember that info from then), I don't see any way to get from "Frame/Color scheme" to "Username", which is what one would need to tell if the guy leaving at wave 5 for a No Return is the host or not.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

sleeptalker posted:

I've gotten a bunch of Serrations from Apollodorus; there's lots of Scorpions and it can also appear as a reward. You can also get Focus as a reward there, though it's also pretty common (in my experience) from killing Alad V.

Shotgun and rifle multishots are both apparently tier 3 survival (starting level 20+) rewards at 20 minutes. You have a 13% chance of getting one of them. Pistol multishot comes from Grineer Seekers.

Shotgun Spazz is only available from breaking containers in Void missions, weird.

I've gotten all of my Splits from Corpus Defense tier 3 rewards, mostly the two in Neptune. (Which seems to be luckier for me than the Europa ones.)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

sleeptalker posted:

Wiki lists those as a 2% chance, so I would recommend Survival instead.

Also further tip on Shotgun Spazz, there's a lot more containers in Void Capture missions than others, especially with all the treasure and challenge rooms.

You've got to go 20 minutes for one roll of the RNG in Survival. Doing 15 waves isn't much more time than that, and gets you three chances, and the second best reward (Master Thief) is considerably better than anything other than Split on the survival table (and Continuity is pretty much equal to any pick for second best on the survival table), so it's close to a wash, with Defense coming out a lot safer if you don't have a reliable team and are going to have to rely on pubbies.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

What is the warframe ability that creates a dozen decoy-like dudes, each one clinging to a different enemy? They generally all show up at once as far as I can tell, so it doesn't sound like the way Molt is described...

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Syrinxx posted:

Yeah it's pretty quiet on PS4. Each map node will show how many players are on it, so if you see one with only 1 other guy maybe play a different map. On a better note the game does seem good about adding people to your game so if you start with just 1 other dude many times you'll fill up to 4 players pretty quick.

I'm pretty sure the number is the number of groups, each of which could be anything between one other guy to a full group of 4 you can't join, and not the number of players.

And only the popular mission types (survival, defense, sometimes mobile defense, and assassinates. And alerts, and non-spy nightmare missions.) reliably fill up. Sometimes other missions on the critical path to a boss or other planet, but not always. A spy mission on an side-branch of the map you'll probably have to do on your own.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

PS4 11.5 update is apparently coming today...time to stop not getting Banshee Helmets from Xini and start not getting Volt parts and Anti-Moa drops from Elara...

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Does anyone know if the unfused mod trading glitch is still around on the PS4? I know that just before the patch people figured out that any fusion would work and you didn't have to go all the way to rank 1, but did the patch silently solve the whole issue? (Is Coolant Leak tradable at this point? I saw some people offering it last night and not getting the 'that mod can't be traded' response from the peanut gallery..)

Also, on the PC, did invasions and infestations happen during the Cicero Crisis? I'd like to know if that mechanic is going to start in a couple days randomly on the PS4 or not until CC is done in two weeks...

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

I am deeply disappointed with the PS4 community, supporting Corpus for a reward not significantly better per mission than you could get fighting infestations. (I mean, yeah, even if the Harvester exists on the PS4 current build it's still stupid stupid hard and nobody should be trying to farm Detron until we get the next update in March or whatever. But we should, as a general rule, be trying to let the invaders get to a couple of branching nodes to maximize opportunities for the actually good rewards, right?)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

seiferguy posted:

I used the ignis. The main issue was when I aimed I fell off the side-running wall. I'll take off the hold x and try. I wish the dojo parkour room was a better way to train for it :smith:

If you can get to the first platform honestly, it's still possible to cheese the other two with Loki's decoy/switch teleport.

Speaking of Rank 8, is the Embolist's smoke color element-based rather than customizable like the Ignis is these days?

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Daric posted:

What's the easiest way to get money? I'm getting maybe 1-2k for missions but most everything costs 15-30k. Am I supposed to run 15-30 missions to get things or do you get more money for higher level missions?

Well, first off, you can do missions with a lot of killing involved (survival, defense, mobile defense) and sell off duplicate mods.

Second, alerts, infestations, and invasions often have generous credit rewards. The more of the map you open up, the more of those you'll have access to.

And Third, tower missions give a lot of credits in addition to their other rewards.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Sab669 posted:

Is there a way to find out what planets have more people looking to do missions? The UI in this game is loving garbage. Frustrating waiting forever to try and find a party for the next mission I need to do.

Yes, on the planet overview there should be a meeple icon with a number next to it; that's how many groups are active on that planet. Each node will have the same thing going on. I think that groups that are full do show up but groups that have finished the objective don't, and I'm not sure what's going on when there's a nightmare node (if the number is total groups, nightmare groups, or regular groups)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Washin Tong posted:

Well Venus is an ice planet in Warframe and Europa got knocked out of Jupiter's orbit, if they somehow pulled that off then turning a small 20 mile rock into a gigantic desert world shouldn't be a big deal.

Also, everything about the solar system we know and love is probably long gone. Except Earth sort of.

Where, by the way, is the moon? How do a bunch of extremely tiny rocks manage to get huge planet maps while Luna doesn't? (It appears to still exist, at least in the capacity of providing light to plants...)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

So, today's news seems to be that Anti-Moas are finally where they're supposed to be on PS4 (watch the bottom fall out of the Pathogen Shot market fast...)

And also that Volt, Banshee, and probably Birdframe are going to be moved to a new Dojo lab. Which means we'll have to remodel parts of the Dojo to accomodate it, at least if we want it to be as conveniently located as the others sometime before 12 hits. [And my guess is that they'll be submitting 12.0.last to Sony for cert as soon as 12.1 goes to PC, if not earlier for the rainbow bridge thing to work out right.]

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Daric posted:

Huh, so is there anything fun to use at mastery 4? I tried to use the Gorgon but I couldn't stand it. It takes too long to start up and then it's really hard to aim.

The Ignis is the main answer here. Starts up right away and barely needs to be aimed at all.

Takes a while to build if you haven't been acquiring Detonite Injectors in anticipation of making it, though.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Tagichatn posted:

Is there a newer warframe mod with attack polarity or am I still stuck with just focus and continuity?

Blind Rage is a V polarity...

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Tagichatn posted:

I usually don't forma warframes although I do have a few warframes with double V polarities where continuity is basically useless.

Again, Blind Rage is good for anything that focus is good on. And if continuity is useless on a frame you can completely counteract its downside with Fleeting Expertise and run a high level Blind Rage. Otherwise, a less-leveled one will work okay.

And from that video it looks like, although it's not completely certain, that you'll soon be able to move polarities in and out of the Aura slot, where Rifle Amp is always a viable option.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

So, PS4 clan members should start stockpiling Detonite Injectors now, right? Fieldron and Mutagen Masses are relatively frequent as rewards fully-constructed, but the Injectors pretty much are going to require 12 foundry-hours each and we'll need a bunch for all of the various research projects, including Zephyr, coming when this update hits us...

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

So, the Darvo's Deal running for the next ~24 hours on PS4 look like a fairly decent one (a forma, both flavors of potatoes, and 7-day affinity and credit boosters bundled for 110p; which is 50% off), wouldn't want anyone to miss it by not opening the Market page during the time it's up.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Aishan posted:

Speaking of Auras, I finally got some from Alerts. There's absolutely no reason not to max them out ASAP, right? It's basically free energy for your frame, after all.

Well, ultimately you're only going to need to have the best one(s) from each polarity maxed (Energy Syphon, Rejuvenation, and Rifle Amp, at least pre update 12. Post Update 12 there's Steel Charge to consider, but that's a lot of time, money, and cores to actualy max U12 Steel charge. And maybe Enemy Radar.) If you only have one of the awful ones from a particular polarity, it's a question of how much you need those points right now rather than having the resources used to max the better one when it comes along later.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

The Boar Prime really needs to be on the must-keep portion of that weapons list, because it's absolutely great. (Trying to decide how much Vicious Spread is optimal for it right now...)

And the Bronco Prime is at least worth the second list. With Wildfire bumping their magazine to 6 they're everything I want in a sidearm right now. (Really good at killing things that knocked me down, a plausible weapon to keep going with when the main runs out of ammo, and in no real danger of running out of ammo themselves under normal circumstances.)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

It is literally the best dps of any primary, barring the boar prime. And it's hitscan, super-accurate, and benefits from rifle amp. It is the new soma, except you can get it at rank 0 if you do tower survivals and it comes with two polarity slots. If you don't have one, you are missing out. It also is like the penta in that you will never run out of ammo.

I'll have to try it again after the update hits us, but I really don't see anything possibly making up for having the least fun fire mode possible. (I suspect that mouse+keyboard makes a big difference as to its bearability, though.)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

BarkingSquirrel posted:

And as usual, PS4 users are hosed on the whole thing.

We don't know that for sure, yet. We might end up with all of the advantages without being tempted to level them more than 6, depending on what build we're getting and how easily they can make changes from the PC builds during their process.

And we still get to bask in the warming glow of all of the people who went to rank 10's rage that people who only went to 6 get as much swag as they do...

(Now someone should max Provoked with their new cores, just to try the Rocket Launcher suicide provoked Embolist tag team strategy.)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Its cute that you believe they will just leave the error in whenever they get off their rear end and give us 12 :allears: We won't benefit from the "error" in any way. PS4 gets hosed at every turn.

But hey we can go back to the PC players whinning about not having enough Oxium for the lab despite actually having time to farm it before getting the lab.

We got the stupid hard Harvester/Detron rules even though they knew that was a mistake by the time they submitted our build, and they could have fixed most of it with about the same amount of effort that it would take to put 12.2 Steel Charge into our 12.0 or 12.1-based build. The theory that they aren't allowed to do that sort of thing in any case (either by their own policies or by Sony's) seems just as likely as the "deliberately screwing over PS4 users" one.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

What are the castanas, anyhow? I couldn't get a clue from the video. (Space Tasers? An electric Stug or pocket Penta?)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

sushibandit posted:

Wait, so how the hell are players who don't already have everything they need from the void supposed to reliably farm large quantities of keys now without burning a minimum of 20 minutes per survival mission?

Defense. (Derelict is very reliable if you need Defense or Cap keys, otherwise, any of the regular ones will drop something fairly often.)

Or T1 survival, looks like.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Sophism posted:

If any goon has an unranked Tail Wind, I'd really appreciate it. Doing some tests with Zephyr's power duration before I finalize my build, as the post above illustrates a good point: It might make Tail Wind usable for mobility in a full power duration build.

Do the Zephyr (or for that matter the Oberon) ability mods actually drop anywhere at all at this time? The wiki for some reason doesn't include drop location on any ability mods, but I checked all the flying enemies and didn't see them anywhere...

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

melon farmer posted:

Sup y'all couple questions from a noob:

1) When should I expect to get a sentinel if I grind it out? I'm currently about 2/3 of the way through Venus at the moment.
2) Same question, but for a 2nd warframe. I gather a lot of folks here like Rhino?
3) Is there only the one solar system's worth of missions at the moment? like when I get to whatever the last planet I can currently see, ive reached the "endgame"?

1. The main limiting thing for sentinels is the BP cost, 100,000 credits. If you can gather that and have access to Control Modules, you can get one fairly easily.

2. Rhino is indeed what you want for a second frame. The part blueprints are on Venus, and you'll also need to get Control Modules, Neural Sensors, and Orokin Cells in small quantities to build it. These are found in Europa/the Void, Jupiter, and Saturn/Ceres/Derelicts (and very rare drops from any boss), respectively. You can probably get people to drag you to farming missions for those things more easily that walking to each planet.

3. There's no endgame as such (the closest is doing extremely long survival and defense missions anywhere), but there are missions outside of the solar system in the form of the Orokin Towers and Derelicts. You get keys to the first as mission rewards, and you make the keys to the second using Nav Coordinates and blueprints from the market.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Vriess posted:

Then AkBolto Prime!

Then the Shiva Warframe who can wield AkAkAkAkrids!

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

BarkingSquirrel posted:

gently caress yes, Rhino Prime! Christmas come early. I need a moment, I believe I have the vapors.

We probably won't get it until mid-April on PS4, you know.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Zebrasectomy posted:

Is it worth being the True Laziest Teno and dropping some of my founder's plat on a carrier? I'm pretty much just saving what I have for potatoes and cosmetics now.

Well, it comes with two potatoes (one on the Carrier, one on the Sweeper) and two Sentinel Slots (which you'll probably never use, but if you end up buying every sentinel for mastery and can't bear to sell any of them I guess...), so it's not that bad a deal...

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Fuzz posted:

Wow, this Oxium thing is horseshit.

Do it on Cyath, not Xini. The Clantext is leading people astray.

(And if you did want to do it on a Defense mission, I'd go for a fully Corpus one like Despina (Neptune), where the reward tables are better now that Xini isn't Banshee Helmet lottery land. Not the Pluto ones, since we've let the Grineer take both of those. But Mobile Defense is better for this because Ospreys don't start appearing until wave 5-6 on Defense.)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Doji Sekushi posted:

With the new patch quadrupling hall capacity, bridge room suddenly got a lot bridgier.

Yellow don't count, though. Bridge room won't be truly bridgy until we actually build all dem bridges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Discovered yesterday that Mimas isn't half bad for Oxium farming (PS4). Not quite as efficient as Xini or Cyath, but if you also need O-Cells (which I didn't get a single one in two 20-min runs, but at least theoretically...)