Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
Earth missions have a day/night cycle and night side missions have more automated defenses like sensor regulators, daytime will have more live guards. You may have played over that transition.

Now if anyone could explain why the Shadow Stalker has shown up 3 times straight while I'm on a low level frame with low level MR-fodder guns and 0 times while on Valkyr loaded for space bears...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
You have to cleanly one-shot them or hit them with an instantaneous hard CC. The wiki can confirm some other CC which will hold them silently and safely. I use Limbo for spy, who can kill even the Eximus ones by casting Stasis FIRST, THEN banish them to activate the CC, then shift in and kill them before the effects end. If you can watch their movement pattern you can try to slip past them, I think they always follow the exact same route and only see in the direction of the lasers.

Amusingly enough, the cephalon Suda aimbots that follow along on syndicate missions mulch them straight up alive and aware without triggering the alarm.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Wyld Karde posted:

I know I say this every time the topic comes up, but it remains true. Eternal War Valkyr with a Blood Rush build Guandao remains some of the best fun I've had in this game. Take on an infested mission and watch the suicidal bastards try to facetank a blender.
When I had to do the Uranus melee missions, my plan to do them in 15 minutes total lasted about 2 hours because I took Valkyr and an ether reaper into the infested survival and ended up in a low ceiling corridor flipping and spinning and ragdolling mfers and it was Not Right and it just didn't ever stop.

This may be why I found that planet far less offensive than most seem to (archwing still sucks). Also I then kept using Valkyr through the subsequent spoiler quest, which is so unreasonably perfectly thematic that I think this specific sequence was the actual design intent.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
I used to use ctrl as the PTT button for voice chats way back in the day so I ended up adapting to having to keep playing normally with that held down without interrupting other controls, and it carries over well to games that use it for other function.

I turn my hand slightly so that it's angled more from the corner for gaming, instead of straight on like normal typing, then just push control with the side of my hand. Touch the ctrl without activating it while positioning your hand to the action keys for the game and then just kinda press forward. Hard to explain since it's been just habit for years. Pinky can hit tab or ~, the other fingers resting on WASD. So bullet jumping is kinda just slight flex then space. Also useful for crouching/void mode for extended periods.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
The #1 thing that you must do after finishing War Within is go to the plains of eidolon at night and use the spoiler thing to kill the floating head things. They drop a core. You need to farm EXACTLY 100 of those cores. It'll suck. Try to get Cetus Wisps as well. That too will suck.

Trade in 50 to the amp guy to level up (which costs 10 more). Take the prism, scaffold or brace blueprint. They all cost the same, doesnt matter. Trade in the remaining 40 cores for rep to buy the other 2 blueprints. You may have to go fishing or just pop a few Thumpers for other parts. Build them and have that guy make them into an amp.

Now instead of the piss-beam your stupid kid has a magic silent sniper rifle that never runs out of ammo and you can press the altfire button for a charged AOE beam attack. These will one-shot those vomulysts (and just about anything else) all day instead of draining your whole energy bar to hopefully kill one right in your face. It's a massive quality of life upgrade and makes that mode useful instead of just awful.

DON'T try doing any of the other spoiler mode stuff before making the first amp, it will just be needlessly difficult. Try not to wait weeks or months loving around and doing all the other quests first because it looks like a grind for something you barely use. It is, but once you're done with the first one, you can actually use the drat thing and it's strong and good.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
You can level Cetus without even leaving the area in front of the gate. Walk out, tranq the rats which are 90% of the time on the far side of the little pond right in front of you. Collect them, then look around. Something new will have immediately spawned, frequently almost right on top of you. Aim the tranq rifle, if its silent there's nothing nearby. If it chirps keep looking around for the highlighted rats or condrocs. It sees through terrain and highlights critters in yellow if they're in visible range. Between the bounty camp to the right and the lake where the grineer are to the left (never actually necessary to go quite that far either way), there's almost always an endless stream of critters within about 200m of the gate that will pop instantly after you capture the last ones.

I don't think Fortuna has the static random critter spawns and I've never figured out how to do it the "right"way but Cetus was stupid easy to max out.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
What's the best way to get good use out of Garuda? There doesn't seem to be much information around and some of it is massively conflicting and rarely appears to leave the simulator. Some people seem to build for tank, some add no tank mods except adaptation and quick thinking. Power stat priorities seem to vary wildly. In theory this should mean she's versatile and has options, but the general thing is that however modded, no one actually seems to play her. I think I've seen as many excalibur primes.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Nidus is the worst to farm of the three imho

The quest is annoying but the infested salvage mission for Nidus parts is easy as hell, I don't get why people keep saying this. Glast gambit quest sucks, but it's literally weeks faster than grinding Fortuna reps if they aren't already maxed. Nidus' parts missions just require bringing anything that can AOE tons of infested in a small space. Unless you're running it with Mag and a Gammacor it's not that bad. Hildryn or Baruuk would be way worse if you aren't already max rank Solaris United and rank 2 with both quills and little duck. I think it was easier to farm Nidus than the Toroids for just Garuda.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

prefect posted:

What's the best way to go about killing 14 bad guys in a row while wall latching or wall jumping?

I used Ember, picked a low infested survival mission, went to a big room and turned on world on fire and jumped up and wall latched, then jumped to a new spot and wall latched again and again until it was done. Took a few tries because there was a half inch wide ledge up on the wall that I would occasionally stand on which reset the clock. You don't have to stay in the same place as long as you don't count as standing on something, it's basically like that Lua spy jumping puzzle but with hands-free murder

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
also like chroma it should require nothing but other frames parts to build. broken chassis made from equinox day, nidus, and wisp chassis etc.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Pipski posted:

I think they should introduce an evil tenno as a villain at some point though. That could be cool.

Uranus is a medical research facility to cure genetic diseases that are corrupting and exterminating the entire grineer race so the tenno shows up to murder the scientists and do a huge genocide in exchange for a gammacor blueprint and an exilus adapter.

Stalker Did Nothing Wrong

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
Hysteria doesn't deactivate when you reload or fire a gun, it just puts the invulnerability part in your pocket and continues to drain energy. But it's not too bad to turn on, thrash some stuff, when you get low on energy switch to a shotgun and get hit a few times for hunter's adrenaline, and hit melee to instantly go back to full health and invulnerability without having to go through the animation.

As the augment is worded, it doesn't specifically say it increases valkyr's talons damage. So if you could turn on hysteria and pull out a gun for red crits on every single thing, the aug would probably be situationally useful to turn her into a gun platform similar to teeming virulence for Nidus. If the augment's bonuses get put on hold like the invulnerability does then it's probably not that great. Since warcry doesn't appear to add gun attack speed just melee, seems unlikely that this would affect both chopping and dakka, but DE. I don't have access to 4loko or perrin for valkyr augments and don't feel like trying to buy one to test though.

Valkyr feels like she sits on the same shelf as Rhino and Inaros, somewhat different flavors of selfish frames that just won't die.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

drrockso20 posted:

So Interception missions are basically impossible to do solo right, cause if so that is some extremely lovely mission design

the first time I played one I thought the exact same thing and quit pissed. But the player moves infinitely faster than the mobs, who have to have someone lumber up to one of the two little consoles at each cap point and stand there shitposting until they cap it. You can kick flip around the map and blast dudes and capture all the rest while they focus on one. The enemy will generally focus on trying to capture the first node you did at a high preference to the others, so you can game this by choosing the one that's most isolated or easiest to defend, cap that one first hold onto it while grabbing the others as you have time. If the first one you're trying is on Venus, that sucks because the new corpus maps are kinda bad and that maybe harder for a new player, but in general interception gets a lot easier once you figure out the maps and mobility.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

temple posted:

Any one have some Gauss builds? The mach crash augment is pretty cool once I was used to it.

Build for range, but positive everything, get incredibly stoned, keep 2 and 4 up, cast 3 whenever, furiously smash 1 to apply obstacle directly to face.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

SkyeAuroline posted:

Yeah, I know he's popular, the entire kit is just unfun for me. Discounting Fire Walker because it's subsumed, you're left with "very unreliable bouncy disc or a straight line disc, with fancy effects that would work better if it actually hit anything and didn't take longer than just shooting them to death", "iron skin but slightly different", and "generic aoe kill ult whose only distinguishing feature is making the bouncy disc slightly less impossible to aim properly". None of that is particularly appealing over other frames for me to pull him out much more.
FWIW if it gives an idea of taste, my usual frames are Hildryn, Wukong, Revenant, and Vauban with a sprinkling of others for specific niches (Nekros for farming drops, Mesa or Volt for ESO, etc). Nezha works but he's so far outside of my play style. (Have to play fairly slowly due to a combination of coordination issues for aiming & ongoing nerve damage concerns that make the rapid slide/bullet jump process uncomfortable, though doable.)

+range gauss is the superior tanky fastboi. slamming your face into a wall repeatedly to blow up the room vs being a lubed disc golf weirdo, no contest imo

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Rob Rockley posted:

Wife wants to hop back into Warframe again for a bit. Got a Rhino/Hek/Atomos combo with OK mods, but she started struggling a bit around Uranus and is just up to Second Dream, which is obviously the next priority, but given the difficulty jump I was wondering: is there a good newish beginners guide that can cover what to do around that point in the game to get stronger? Between everything new in the game I’m not sure what the ideal progression and must-have weapons and mods are now in the early game. We both last played around the Venus open world release.

I built a new PC and have a well-modded Excal Umbra so I can carry to a certain extent, but obviously that won’t help in the quest.

Valkyr is just sitting like right there (Alad on Jupiter drops the parts) and will probably solve most of her killing stuff and living to tell about it problems IMO because I found that the hell psycho frame that could go literally invulnerable at will and tear everything apart with her bare hands and also heal to full while ripping somethings face off made quite a difference in many of the early parts of the game. Get hunters adrenaline from Cetus quests and be careful about walking into bubbles.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

Billy Gnosis posted:

I wish I had more patience to do more color exploration. Well that and pallettes that didn't cost Plat. Occurred more often. Valentine's one should be coming up soon but I missed others like the T-Mobile one

halloween, easter, st pattys, valentines and the eminence palette from baro covers just about everything except some greyscale stuff i think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
sporelacer haymaker killstream/splat gives you a mushroom tipped explosive jizzlobber that can knock you off your feet if you blast it too close to your face