Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Edit2: A lot of enemies have been give shields and had their armour removed.

This is the REAL nerf to mag. Who cares about ragdolling everything in a 120* arc in front of you? Explode EVERYONE and remove their shields!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Hog Butcher posted:

Is there any easy way to find specific mods? I'm trying to find both damage/multishot mods for my Paris/Kunai, and charge damage stuff so I can get Galatine to do even more stupid damage.

As of now? Hoping the Wiki is correct. As of U11? Scanning every enemy (:psyduck:) and completing the codex entry on them. Which, let's face it, I am looking forward to.

Stop hitting my skinner box buttons, DE.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

lil baby anime posted:

Good lord the 3 power duration mods on trinity are absurd. Doubt I'll ever have the money to max narrow minded but having blessing's invulnerability last half a drat minute is a nice pipe dream.

Group with Denzine when he runs his Trinity. Being functionally invulnerable 99% of the time is hilarious. The max +duration on Trinity's blessing is 28s I think, with a cooldown of 30s, so yeah. It's especially great on a survival map.

I feel like once cross-platform play is enabled, all us old-timers with things that murder everything in the blink of an eye will make the new guys feel bad, but hopefully trading with alleviate some of the pain for new players.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Feenix posted:

Just bought the Braton. So I got a logon reward. It was a gun. Kinda looked like a Braton. Can't find hide nor hair of anything indicating what I got. Very hard to figure out...

Login rewards are blueprints, so check your foundry. There are different buttons letting you sort through from frame parts, melee, primary, secondary weapons, etc. You probably got a Gorgon blueprint or something.

Edit: If it looked a lot like a braton, it probably had some numbers under it. If you didn't click like a madman, the hover text would have been "Primary weapon xp", so it's 99% likely that.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Warframe (PC/PS4): oh poo poo i accidentally parkour

Don't spend platinum on anything, unless you're forced. The game doesn't get TOO much different from the first planet, so there's no point in spending cash if you aren't going to like the game. That said, if you do spend it on anything, spend it it on either a type of potato with reactors for your frame being more fun, but catalysts for a gun you like being more rewarding in the long run, or slots for more weapons/warframes. I think I ground out four or five warframes and up to mastery 4 or 5 before I decided to go ahead and spend platinum. I could have kept going by just selling unused/disliked weapons and hoping for potato alerts.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

Achievements showed up just a couple hours ago, judging by the official forums. They're not active yet, of course, probably waiting on hooks present in Update 11.

I'm waiting for someone to SAM them all and show off somehow.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

There are several people in this thread (on this page, even) who probably won't even need to.

Edit: ^^ Maybe I counted wrong, but isn't initiate Rank1?

Well, reading some of them, how are they going to be applied? Will there be a scan of your account every time you log-in, or done once that gives you these achievements? Also, I'm a "Seeker" in rank, which is rank 10, but they have achievements for up to rank 30. Are they going to change how mastery is calculated, or is this a future-proof thing for more weapons to add? My guess is the latter, with a flattening off of the mastery XP required to level, as it is impossible to be anywhere into Rank13 right now, and that's with everything in the game, including all event and founder bonus stuff.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Lawlicaust posted:

They are making some small changes to mastery calculation as well. Star map completion now adds to mastery. But yeah, getting anywhere near that high would be ridiculous.

Oh sweet, I can't wait to be rank 25 when I log in after U11. :v:

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I'm just assuming the achievements will backfill, since not everybody is on steam, and you can port your account over anyway. I think the counting ones (Make 10 items, revive x players, etc) might not, though. Damnit. Now I'm excited. :(

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Redtext making U11 jokes. I wanted spray tans and tenno slippers.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Denzine posted:

Wooden sandals. you know it'll happen.

Isn't that like the Obex?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Feenix posted:

Ps4 newbie here. If I wanted blueprints for another frame (I have Excalibur) what would another fun/awesome/badass warframe be?

Mag isn't too bad to get. I believe that's Nef Anyo on Mars. Rhino is also a goon favorite, that drops from the Jackal.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

hooah posted:

Any good ones? I usually find the red text pretty entertaining when I do happen to catch it.

Redtext made a small announcement of "The time everyone is waiting for is here!"

"That's right... Update 10.8.1.0! Contains a new collection of fuzzy ballerina slippers for Warframes PLUS a spray tanning kit for Sentinels! (Note: tan wears off after 3 days)"

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Small trip report:

Mag's Pull is insta-gibbing bosses. I hit it just as the cinematic for vor started and he flew offscreen, leaving a mod and a resource pack behind. I wanted to scan him but I was laughing way too hard to find him. Pull was doing shield damage on Jackal, and about 10 pulls killed him outright.

Green lasers no longer knock down. They do a lot of damage, but unless you're actively being shot, it can be pretty much ignored as you run through.

Every weapon is changed and most mobs are ridiculously under-health right now. Kill poo poo while you can!

If you're scanning things, stealth scans give more xp, but don't seem to fill the codex faster, I dunno. Someone more spergy than I can check. Also, don't scan boxes or consoles or breakable glass, because technically these don't do anything and they eat scans up. :DE:

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Lawlicaust posted:

Yeah, the ui is a pretty big mess. I'd love to see some improvements in the next patch.

This UI is after the "improvements" from U11.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Pierson posted:

Is there any reward associated with running missions for this Corpus dude or are there just rewards for five missions and that's it?

Unlocking Alad V's bossfight faster.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Dominic White posted:

My brother has assembled a pair of 100% multi-shot Bronco shotgun-pistols that are so stacked with damage mods that it does approximately ~2300 damage per hit, assuming no crits. And can hit four times in very rapid succession. And it has no damage falloff, as far as I'm aware.

It's kinda nuts seeing him insta-gibbing Lv25-30 Ancients.

I put in a sponsored clan invite for him. Can't wait to see what he can do with access to clan tech.

A fully loaded Brakk has 28 pellets. I have mine slotted with full crit and ice/fire for blast damage. At just 33% crit and 3.2x damage multiplier and a 10% status chance, at LEAST ONE will procone of the four statuses attached to it. Over 1000 of the base damages and 1300 blast makes everything and anything melt instantaneously.

So long, Acrid.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

So am I correct in understanding in order to cook the Nekros, what is currently considered the absolute worst warframe in the game by a wide margin, it is necessary to first farm nav coordinates to forge a key to a special orokin void, and then in those special orokin voids farm special nav coordinates to forge a special special orokin void key, and then run those special special orokin voids and defeat the boss (which is nearly impossible to do solo) to farm the component blueprints?

Why?

Because gently caress you, that's why!

Ideally, by the time you're ready to endure the pain that is levelling a nekros, you should have had a zillion of the regular nav coordinates saved up. Why they didn't make the orokin derelict key blueprints re-usable, I don't know. But you're supposed to do THOSE for corrupted mods and other things you can't do in the regular map. Only when you have enough of those and run them with friends who also get lots of golem nav coordinates do you run with a few friends who all share the keys and (hopefully) get a full set of parts.

If you've just finished mercury and are wondering why this is so retarded, it's because you need to EARN the suffering of levelling the Nekros! The warframes that drop from regular bosses on the map should be your first goal beyond your starter warframe.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

L:ordSilent posted:

Just coming back after a month or so of inactivity. I was wondering if you guys know where all the high level missions went?

Level 40 is now the old level 100. Level crunch for Damage 2.0, ahoy!

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Terbulus posted:

Use the extractor bug if you're in dire need

Specifically patched (In notes that are on the last page no less) to not work anymore.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

fookolt posted:

I haven't played this in a very long time and I'm trying to figure one thing out. I have a whole bunch of Rifle mods, but only a few show up as compatible for my Latron. How does that work?

..Wait, I'm guessing it hides duplicates?

And what does C5/C6/whatever mean on the mod info card?

Yes, it hides duplicates now.

C# is the amount of conclave points that it gives, conclave point totals determine where you can pvp, but pvp sucks, so who cares.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

sleeptalker posted:

Reflection and Parry do work with Reflex Guard. Valkyr is a bad frame to melee with aside from her ult, you want something with more shields.

Edit: Reflex Guard does not activate during Valkyr's ult.

It doesn't matter much then anyway, since you're 100% invincible.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

Once your trading post is done, get together in the dojo. One person uses the trading post which will bring up a menu to initiate a trade, and you go from there.

Of note, the person who initiated the trade has to select something (platinum, credits, a key or a mod) then "offer" that to the other person before they can change anything on their end. Once the OTHER person offers back, the original person can either accept or change something and re-offer, etc. You can chat while on the trade screen too.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Dewgy posted:

Infested mobile defense makes me never want to play this game again. Sure, a swarm of dudes so tightly packed around you you can't move or jump, and disruptors so you have zero energy for abilities, ever!

gently caress this. I know it's not balanced around solo but that's absolute horseshit. Eventually you just can't move, and you have to stare as your Tenno gets stunlocked from full health and shields to nothing, while your controller does gently caress-all for 30 seconds.

Good news! Update 11.1 will remove this entirely! :v:

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Madcosby posted:

Just tried out this game and man is this not at all newbie friendly. Besides the stupid paygate, for stuff, I have questions about the mod system

I have 10 slots/levels. When I equip stuff that pushes me to 9 slots used, the last one turns red for some reason. Is it active? What on earth does that mean?

Also, it doesn't seem to save my mod layout every time. Same with my color choices. Do they expect you to load them out each time, or is there some way to save them?

Finally, I have a +50% crit chance, but it doesnt seem to work, unless it's +50% on a 2% crit chance or something like that?

There isn't actually a lot that's "paygated" save for weapon and warframe slots which can ONLY be bought with plat, but you can run like 50 or so hours through the content farming stuff before you need to buy plat to keep weapons and frames around.

Weapon level determines the number of POINTS you have. The number of slots to place mods is always the same. Each mod has an associated point cost. For warframes, if you slot an aura, this ADDS instead of subtracts from your point cost, making them really powerful. If you try to slot a mod and it buzzes, you don't have enough points. Each slot can have a polarity. Look in the upper left. These are either ", -, D, or V. " are for warframe powers, - or bar is generally for elemental things and utilities, D is for defensive powers and the like, V is for offensive powers (like focus or serration).

As for not saving the loadout, that seems odd. Are you sure you're modding and then hitting "apply" and not the back button? No idea how it works on the PS4, if you're on that.

Crit chance is split, it should be something like 2.5x/20%. Which means a 20% chance to crit with a multiplier of 2.5. There are mods that improve both of these things, but if the base crit isn't above like, 10 or 15%, it isn't worth building it as a crit gun. As an aside, crits will display as yellow. There's an option in the settings to display popup damage numbers, make sure that's turned on and use the weapon. You should see yellow numbers.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Denzine posted:

HOTFIX 11.5.6

Changes
- Your personal stat is back on the squad info panel when you press “Z”.
- Improved recent players list: add context menu item to invite to your session, includes friends in this list, and sorts the most recent players to the top.
- Changed Infested Impedance Aura to reduce speed by only 3%/level to prevent squads of four from stopping all Infested completely (now a maximized team should reduce infested speed by 72%).
- Lowered the amount of bloom in a set of particularly radiant lockers in the Jupiter Gas Cities.

Fixes
- Fixed common crash related to joining a mission in progress.
- Fixed massive “hitch” when using mod fusion.
- Fixed Mod fusion cancel button setting scrollbar to the bottom of the screen.
- Fixed issue where star chart and UI would sometimes disappear after completing a mission.
- Fixed Oberon’s Reckoning, the power was not working on enemies that were already under the influence of a reaction animation.
- Fixed issue with chat history being unlimited that resulted in slow loads when opening social menu. Long play sessions with active chats would have experienced this issue.
- Fixed container explosion FX not appearing.

--------------

Aside from Infested Impedence, which isn't "good" or "bad" as much as it is completely loving irrelevant, these are good fixes.

Fusing mods now no longer takes a loving age due to lag every time you click a new core/mod. However, once it levels once, it seems to say "welp, gently caress that, better check every single weapon I'm in again" every time you click, and the hitch is back worse than before. Completing the fusion and starting again fixes it though. And at least now I have a max-level serration at last, after only 574 hours played.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Haerc posted:

Should mobs be able to get through Vaubon's bastion?

I ran an ODD last night and later on when there were a ton of mobs on screen some were able to get through.

Bastille has a target limit now. This doesn't prevent you from putting out multiple to keep them occupied, but you should really just use vortex. No target limit, doesn't affect allies anymore and does the CC better.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Denzine posted:

I'm willing to forgive whoever fixed it for this update because there's no real reason to think it would regress after a level up. I mean, why would it?

Why would it? :psyduck:

fake edit speculation: Instead of changing it to only check once on each level up they made it not check until it levels up. :suicide:

At least it's a step in the right direction and encourages you to fuse after every level! :v:

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Haerc posted:

I've found that when I'm not the host, and the host has any lag what-so-ever I get sucked into the vortex. The worse the lag, the worse the effect.

This does indeed happen, but only until the host realizes you're doing something wonky with physics and decides to stop affecting you. Generally it's only seen when the vortex is first put down. Sometimes it even happens if you're the host! :v: Yeah, I don't know either.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Feenix posted:

Thank you my good sir!!!!

[edit] When you say "get this to rank3 immediately) is that just 2 "level ups" via fusion? I just used Fusion Cores to get it to fill it's Xp bar twice. Is that Rank 3 for Iron Skin?

If all the little pips on the left are filled, then yes, that is maximum rank. Thankfully ability mods don't take a lot to max out. If you select it for fusion and can't fuse anything else into it, you're good.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Elysiume posted:

How does trading with people outside of your clan work?

Can't you just use your clan key to host the dojo, then invite someone to your squad and click play like using a regular key? or /invite from the dojo? I figured that was how all the pubbies were trading, anyway.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Fuzz posted:

Carrier and nothing else. Seriously, Vacuum is the only useful thing Carriers can do.

Carrier has the shotgun sentinel weapon, which will rape and murder everything around you. I've potato'd that weapon and put the good shotgun mods on it including accelerated blast and blaze, but what most people DON'T put on it is shotgun spazz and ammo stock. Since they made sentinel weapons actually respond to +reloadspeed and +clip mods, the thing has become a serious powerhouse of utter annihilation.

Makes it hard to scan anything ever, though.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Riftling posted:

That sounds like a decent plan. How does taxiing work in regards to my frame level? I still don't have a good sense of progression in the game. How does it work if I only have access to level 5-10 areas for leveling and I get taxied to a level 20 area with the frame parts I need?

Levels on missions are the levels that enemies are in that mission, and has nothing to do with your frame or weapon levels whatsoever. Taxiing is just joining someone's group, then having them select a mission you don't have unlocked, and beating said mission, unlocking it for you. You can technically unlock pluto before you touch mercury if you get people willing to take you through.

Once you have more mods and experience playing the game, you'll be able to better gauge what missions you can take on with what level enemies, or if you'll get curbstomped.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Got my headband today. The red design on it is nice, but it has "Warframe *linebreak* Ninjas Play Free" on it in rather large font.

It's meant to be folded in half along the length, so that either "WARFRAME" or "Ninjas Play Free" shows, with the lotus logo being correct. At least, that's how mine is. I'd never wear it, but it's still a spiffy thing for them to do for founders.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Elysiume posted:

What is this? Total air obtained or something?

It's the "score" for survival, and it's a picture of the oxygen canisters with some ~*flourish*~ on it.

24 hour catalyst alert after this livestream, btw.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

seiferguy posted:

The support frames would be Frost and Trinity (probably Banshee too but I have yet to play that frame). Frost sets up defensive snow globes and Trinity is essentially a white mage. Your teammates will like you as a Trinity especially if you have a max duration build but it's not the most fun frame since it doesn't have a room clearing ultimate like Rhino, Mag or Nova.

An alternate would be Oberon, since he can heal and put down area semi-denial, with a decent ultimate. Nothing beats a fully maxxed duration trinity's blessing, but Oberon ends up being a bit more fun for the player, I think.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I think the best part is that going through a warp portal (Corpus exterior to grineer exterior, corpus invasion vs infested, etc), if you slide through (And who doesn't?) you can end up making the movement system consider you sliding in a direction no matter what, and the only way to change directions is to run and slide in that direction. Which only adds more speed to your infinite-slide, making you fly around the level and into walls and other things. The only way to fix it is to mantle onto a box or ledge or something, which can be hard when you're travelling at mach 2.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Captaindirtnap posted:

That sounds nice... but how do I go about getting a potato for that awesome weapon? I was under the impression that Void/Derelict are the only places those blueprints drop. I'm waiting on at least a 50% discount before I bite on IAP.

Also, I've seen in Invasions that Mutagen Mass and Fieldron can be obtained as rewards. Can this happen with a Detonator Injector? (or whatever the Clan crafted Grineer thing is)

Orokin Catalysts/Reactors only drop from alerts and rarely from invasions. The alerts come whenever is most inconvenient for you, the invasions usually go quick, since the more people completing them the faster it goes. Thankfully, they're otherwise only 20 plat and if you get a decent coupon, worth the investment to make some weapons fun and usable.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Or if it's a shotgun, it's (#pellets * 1.2)=total pellets. I think the Brakk with barrel diffusion/lethal torrent gets 28 pellets, Drakgoon gets like 22 with a maxxed hell's chamber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Ice Fist posted:

:ohdear:

Is this a thing. Is she no longer a sun goddess?

They made her armor spell into an AE stagger with a small fire damage trigger (Accelerant) and removed the damage reduction portion of it, not only that, but they changed the animation of WoF, now random jets of fire come up from the ground, but that has nothing to do with any damage you're doing to anyone. She's still passable, but she is not as she once was, sadly.