Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm an idiot and used plat to refresh my revives because I wanted to fight the Jackal with one other person. After being stunlocked to death on the final parts, I caved in, went online, some dudes with syandanas and prime weapons did it before I could even contribute to the fight.

Warframe.

I want to spend money on this game, but only to probably get a sentinel or something, I'm just not getting alot of credits early on.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jul 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Does the Jackal still drop the Rhino parts? Because I wanted a friend to get them and now this update happened.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Insert name here posted:

I realise I'm putting way too much thought into this game, but I just realised how the Earth sabotage mission doesn't make any sense at all. So you roll up to that toxin injector machine, and Lotus says you're going to run it at dangerous speeds to break it. But then when you turn it on the Grineer run up and start shooting the machine that they don't want you to break? And then you have to stop them from shooting the machine that you're trying to break? And if they break it before you do you fail? :confused:

The real reason is because it's just a reuse of that one event mission but I still thought it was funny

For some reason I just thought of it when I did the daily sabotage mission, and I figured "Whatever, i need my money to fuel whatever useless endeavor I'm attempting on the foundry".

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Can I not access Dark sectors anymore? I swear I cleared all of Venus and most of earth.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Son of a bitch, It's like with this update I can't play anymore and I just started playing this game a week ago. Can't get in any groups, and everything takes too loving long.

EDIT: Great, Host migration in progress while I was going to hack security. Now I can't control my character. gently caress this, i'm waiting a week or something.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 19, 2014

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Insert name here posted:

Anyone else's game likes to seize up for five to ten seconds after gaining a level on a weapon? Been trying to level up the claws and every single time I've hit a level while in a mission it's done this.

You're not the only one. I've been levelling my ranged weapons so I just kinda shrugged it off.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I also don't like that you can no longer fool around with colors or the arsenal while you're waiting for a mission. You either stick to the lobby or you don't.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Can't even log in, I think it's for the best, I don't really want to disconnect on some 20 minute mission.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Question. Can't you just have a giant redirection card, get Valkyr, and never die? How powerful is that 900 armor the Valkyr have?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Basically what I meant was, just use shields as a backup, and even if they are down, that 900 armor is just so powerful you don't have to worry about much?

I'm still using Redirection on my Rhino, just by the fact that I have yet to earn a Flow card, or anything that lets me keep Iron skin always.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I went ahead and sent a form for the goon clan. It's way better with goons than with silent pubbies. gently caress it, i already put down money on this F2P game, might as well make the most of it.

EDIT:Thanks. I'd say hello, but this chat system is completely hosed.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 2, 2014

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Improbable Lobster posted:

You have a spaceship now, Dark Sectors have poorly implemented PVP that's slowly been getting better but is still nowhere near balanced or fun and probably won't be for quite some time, there's a void resource called Argon Crystals that decay over time, there's a new frame that you get through a quest, and there are now puppies. Otherwise things aren't that different. Maybe check the wiki if you're confused about something.

E: If you want to get your own space dog go kill the Jackal, it drops the spacedog quest that you have to activate in your codex.

I didn't know argon crystals degraded overtime. No wonder, I thought my math was wrong when I was gonna build an angstrum.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I play this song whenever i take the rank test, and just really whenever i want to go fast as poo poo and murder stuff. Really just the whole soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD8yR0RH6Dk

Also the Transistor Soundtrack

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 19, 2014

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Is Angstrum with Rhino considered decent enough for T4? Because not toting an Angstrum means I don't make mass graveyards, even with the ammo change.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

kafziel posted:

Has anyone noticed the Lotus being kind of a worrywart since the patch?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7AWnpVMZhs

Just noticed. Was wondering what was going on there after the 10 minute survival fest.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Could be worse! Like, oh, say, getting into the test and then having Stalker show up to tear you a new rear end in a top hat.

Wow, I didn't know that could happen. Do they even playtest this thing?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
The only good one was the Dark Souls commercial.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Whoa, is that two Grakatas?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

wid posted:

So the Angstrum is safe?

I haven't played in almost a year, and I need to know this.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I think Warframe's progression is only good when you get lucky and land some credits, because I only started to enjoy this game as soon as I got enough money to buy blueprints and not go broke. Or get lucky and get the 50-75% your next plat purchase.

Remember that one Rail invasion thing where a clan pumped like 100 million credits, and gave quarter mil payouts to anyone that fought on their behalf? poo poo lasted like an hour, but it was enough to set me up 4 lyfe by being able to buy more options.

As it stands without paying, you get very few weapons and so little to play with that you end up hitting 30 on your only warframe, and mk-1 being your only weapons you can afford, it takes awhile before you get to be that dude who clears rooms while front flipping.

Good thing is though, it's a helluva lot faster to get to that stage than any mmo i've ever seen

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I would also like to know this because I want to craft me some nunchucks.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Flow and Streamline is a good choice for rhino because it makes the Iron Skin much more powerful and cheaper to use.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I usually shut my brain off for this game, but it's nice to know just exactly why me and a team of strangers just murdered around 500 wierd mutants with guns. Other than the prospect of money and random modifications.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Caffeine IV posted:

This post made me doubletake and check that I wasn't in the rear end Creed thread.

My question is, would Lee Harvey be a templar???? I mean, we obviously know who Osama would've been, i mean come on.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Aesis posted:

I just go for basic colouring.

Jesus Christ, he looks like a NOD cultist

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Neat! I always wanted the sybaris

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I got kicked out of GOON for inactivity I think, or DE hosed with the entire system, I have no idea at this point. Plains of Eidolon is almost out, and this bitch of a game gave me a daily tribute...75% off my next plat purchase. This might be the time to play with strangers in a smaller chat room and with some new nunchuks.

Unless it's full. Don't know if there's a limit.

EDIT: I also just saw 100 days of Warframe on youtube, and that pretty much accurately describes my past couple of years in this game. I want back in.

DOUBLE EDIT: Jesus christ, do they overhaul the map every update? How do they do this? I was around for like the second iteration of Warframe and this is the third time i've seen a map overhaul like this.

Last iteration sucked rear end though, so maybe this'll be better.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 6, 2017

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Alrighty, I think im getting back into the game for realsies now, sent a clan application to GOON.

I'm guessing they added new weapon sounds because I noticed anyone else using boltor has the original plink sound, but me using results into a drat good weapon sound. The weapons sound and feel great now, when did they add this?

Also, when did they add void fissures? I'm actually getting prime parts now. I've played on and off since 2014 and I do not possess any prime weapon or warframe.

Are void missions and keys still a thing? I'm trying to remember how to get Argon crystals, because I STILL haven't made those goddamn nunchunks on the last time i posted here, which was that whole open world area thing came out

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 30, 2018

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Oh yeah, that reminds me. Can you no longer fuse cards with others to level them up? I just discovered Endo as the means to upgrade cards.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Samuringa posted:

I got my rear end kicked with my new Rhino frame, I keep jumping into crowds and trying to do a Pull :saddowns:

Get Iron Skin, find some cards that augment your warframe ability power, and laugh as their bullets mean nothing to you.

It's my go-to "I need to solo this" warframe.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Oh! oh okay, Sacrifice this week.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Is there a way to make Excalibat Umbra look like the Rider from Furi?

Also, yeah i was wigging out at the end of second dream on goon chat. I can see what people were going on about at the end years ago

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Okay, my warframe has a cyst, and it's gross.

What happened?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I just started the last building the last limbo system part, i am glad to put that archwing poo poo behind me, wow that was boring

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Is the Kestrel (boomerang melee) Good enough for Mastery Rank 9? I'm not liking the idea of Covert killing without cloak with enemies that can spot me from far away

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Avulsion posted:

Use Banshee with a gunblade like the Sarpa or Redeemer.

In a game where you can make a quiet Angstrum, a pistol rocket that murders everything, i still have to ask.

Won't the redeemer be loud? It's a shotgun blade.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I just want to say after a couple of years on and off, and after watching the noclip documentary, i came back and I really like this game now, and D.Es "Let's make a fun game" practices would normally leave people broke these days. I like how they are doing well, and i love being a space ninja

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Thread page 2077. Time to wear hot pink on my mohawked ember

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
This Tonkor is somehow more dangerous to myself than the Angstrum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I saw someone wield a giant greatsword, it almost look like Nightmare's Soul Edge, but i dont recognize any weapon that fits this description in the marketplace. Was it a ZAWWW?