Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Starting to play this game. No group play just yet, but I guess I'm still in the tutorialy part of the game. Only other co-op game I've played was Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, how much do I gotta learn?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I'm glad I started playing this game a little in time for more grind to open up.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Man, I have a hard enough time keeping up with good players who are running at three times my speed and ninjaing up every wall and over every obstacle and pit. Now they're gonna be flying? Won't even be able to stay in xp range, I bet.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

HukHukHuk posted:

XP range is now global, it used to be something like 50 meters. Or at least it was in patch notes awhile ago.

Oh, nice. I've been poking through the thread randomly, so I must've picked up that bit from many pages ago.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Thank god for reward stacking. I missed an undamaged Serration because people were after a tower key.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Pyronic posted:

wait, Radial Javelin? I'm a little out of the loop but is Radial Javelin good now? I haven't seen any notes about buffing it.

Now it's not stopped by objects and hits every enemy in range.
Of course, the range is a good bit smaller, now.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Bullio gave me somethings cool today.

I'm a small fortune away from building him, but drat. Pretty excited to put this guy together over the next week or so.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I've never done even one dark sector run and am not totally sure what their deal is, so I still feel pretty good about it.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I have one inventory slot left, and two warframes that could go there: Oberon and Nyx. Both seem cool and fun, but is one popularly considered "better" than the other?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

WayneCampbell posted:

How many people actually play this game? I started playing over the weekend and joined clan goon and it seems like except for very few missions it's almost impossible to find an open game.

I've had more luck finding players in the various grinding mission types. Defense, Mobile Defense, Survival and Assassination missions tend to have players, but anything else you're almost always going to solo. Archwing missions seem to be populated right now, but who knows how long that'll be true.

Oh, and alerts. I always find a group in an alert, even if the prize is like 3000 credits.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Volt's got a similar augment, right? Wonder if it's as powerful a buff.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

SaffronKit posted:

Seeing straight into it isn't the only thing you can do! You can get inside it with Excal's super jump by jumping in through the top. There aren't any textures on the inside that block line of sight. It was fun.

I played with a Nyx that walked right in.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Thirst Mutilator posted:

Is it worth blowing 75 plat just to unlock him right now? Or can I wait until I can craft him? I'm still Master Rank 1, for what it's worth

Inventory slots for frames and weapons are the only thing you'll really want that you need to spend plat on. Everything else is a matter of farming and cosmetics.
So I guess the answer depends on how patient you are. Carrier's probably one of the more useful sentinels, though, since the game is so big on pickups.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I really want that Tagris Prime armor set, but I DON'T want it $50 worth.
Looking good is Most Important but not THAT important.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Excal Prime has never been so beautiful.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Devstream 41 Overview

quote:

While many picture mmo emotes to be a stunning array of dances, we try to stay a little truer to the game world so as not to break the overall immersion.

What this really means, is that we need to be careful in how many ‘crotch-centric’ things we allow you to do with Rhino. Most of our new emotes will be far more reverent in nature, symbolic of the Tenno’s history in martial arts.

Man, DE does not understand their game at all.

Really want that Glaive stance, though.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

If you really feel the need to Mind Control, do it from a safe distance. It's usually not worth it, though. Chaos rules, because you're really in it for the brief stun when enemies are first effected by it. A few seconds in the middle of an army with no bullets hitting you should be enough time to wipe the army out or get away, as needed.

Absorb takes some effort to turn into a doomsday power, but you can always trigger the detonation before enemies die to your team. I only ever use it in front of defense points and such, where fire's coming in and Chaos might not stop enough of it to keep the pod or console alive.

Chaos isn't actually an oh poo poo button, btw. You should be spamming Chaos at every group of enemies that might possibly pose any challenge at all.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Ignis may not be amazingly powerful, but I like to make it Gas damage and give it to Saryn any time I might possibly be going up against infested.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

I've joined Perrin but the rest of the right hand three are loonies!

Man, they're all crazy lovely gangsters. Wear the wrong logo for a while and they'll try to kill you for it. Perrin and Suda seem almost reasonable until you don't do anything to them and they start sending hit squads.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Echophonic posted:

So what's been going on since that godawful stupid spaceship update? I stopped paying attention when it wouldn't even let me run missions.

More frames, buttjetpacks, pet dogs, and Alad V has a nasty rash.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Infested Nullifier Runners

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Man, I can't wait until I've done enough grinding to have enough spare prime parts to have enough ducats to trade with this guy.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

If you take a good Vauban to a defense mission, you're essentially cheating.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

please de release gold chain necklaces

I would be all over that

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I have a small issue, goons. I got a bit excited and built more frames than I have/can afford reactors. So which frame needs the mods the most: Ash, Limbo, or Mag Prime?

If a Santa wants to help me with this problem, I'm aegof in-game. Give to other people first, though.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I was kinda hoping people in the relay would lose the warframe they were wearing.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

And if you have dumbfingers like me and can't manage coptering consistently, directional air melee attacks, sliding attacks, and the Rush mod can, together, serve almost as well.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Yeah, I definitely noticed this while playing Limbo. I like Nullifiers, and I like Limbo, but they do not work well together.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Loki can't Mash 4 To Win, but he can Mash 4 To Neutralize All The Enemies. Radial/Irradiating Disarm takes all the enemy's guns away and makes them charge into your bullets/start smacking each other around. Invisibility is wonderfully useful and gives a huge bonus to melee. Decoy is an excellent distraction. Switch Teleport is useful sometimes I guess.

But yeah, you want a good gun, and maybe a team smart enough to take advantage of all the openings Loki can make.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

People like speed nova for grinding, because it gets the enemies to you quicker and therefore the mission over/more exp faster. I will always prefer slowva for general use, though.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Rhino you can get nice and early, and he's one of the best frames in the game. Ember's good in low-to-mid level content, but her flat damage abilities don't keep up with enemy hp as well as other frames do. Her powers are still fun where they work, so get her while you're still doing midlevel content and you'll be pretty pleased.

After that, Nova, Loki, Excalibur, are all frames that are fun and good, and I'm sure you'll figure out why as you play the game.

e: and Mesa owns in general, but is a pain to get. So start finding invasions with Mutalist Alad V Coordinates as prizes, collect those and start building a stock of keys to get to the boss fight Mesa drops from. Then hope not to get a chassis 17 times.

aegof fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 8, 2015

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Denzine posted:

Fixed Excalibur’s Radial javelin doing 2x damage when cast by Clients as per: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/377871-excalibur-radial-javelin-bug/

So how much of Excalibur's resurgence is because of this, I wonder.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

I haven't played this in over a year. Did they finally add an endgame?

For reference the last time I played this flappy zephyr was relevant and topical.

At late planets enemies get past level 30, and there's always Tower 4 endless missions.
Does that count?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Primed Fast Hands is really funny but not worth the time it took to get the cash and ducats.
Primed Whatever Impact is theoretically useful on a weapon that's almost entirely Impact damage, but probably not worth it either.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

The Steam packages seem to go on sale with the big seasonal sales, like summer and Christmas. They only went down 50% this holiday season, though.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

GigaPeon posted:

Newbie question: Is this an actual Warframe, or just a skin: http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/230410/Rubedo%20Plated%20Rhino%20Skin%20and%20Helmet

Worth spending my hard-earned trading card money on?

That's just a skin. Buy it if you like it, I guess.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Do my boosts tick down in real-time even if I'm not playing?

Yes. Poopsock for the duration or miss out on potential whatevers.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I love the dogs, but they're a huge credit sink and none are as useful as Carrier so you rarely see them.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

1. I like to take fresh frames to Earth Dark Sector Excavation, get some easy levels and maybe some neurodes. Otherwise you can pretty safely jump into T1s or 2s with goons, or a Draco or Cerberus and get carried.
2. Dark Sectors are good for money. Goon favorites are Yursa and Seimeni, which can be done quickly and have good payouts.
3. When you have a bunch of money and resources, they can be a good drip-feed of whatever the planet's got, with occasional rare resources showing up. Early on, there are better ways to spend money.
4. You can forma it, giving it an extra polarity slot and setting it back to unranked. But "endgame" content is just Tower 4 missions, which are Tower 1 missions with the difficulty cranked up and miniboss. Lack of endgame is a regular complaint from veterans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

DelphiAegis posted:

Or Draco is not that loving serious and you can have fun as a benny hill style fall over fest is underway. Nothing like having 60 grineer on top of you and letting the Kohm rape the everloving poo poo out of anything that moves for a minute.

The most fun I ever had in Draco was the time the entire group went in with leveling gear, nobody could do damage, and the G3 showed up.
Or the time me and a single pub took it to one round and bailed, because it was hard and hectic and all we wanted was the node completed so we could get to Kril. This was before Draco was the place to be for grinding. I think Viver was still vogue at the time.