Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
So how rare are Orokin Cells? We aren't talking SOJ level right? I have a lot of blueprints from the early bosses with minimal grinding.

Secondly, is the Seer pistol any good? Just to know if its worth the two cells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I have applied for goonclansmanship based around these fish screenshots. Don't disappoint me fish!

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
It seems like every character has a bad power (or 2) in this game. Is there anyone who has a full stack of 4 useful powers (Rhino exempt because he seems to be the best overall frame)?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
So what are some good basic mods for Kunai? And Galatine?

Not that its really relevant now, but which clan weapons seem most worthwhile? They seem to take a lot of resources/time.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Is there any melee weapon that is as cool as Galatine? I see why a lot of people run it now. I understand that melee is rear end in this game but at the very least this weapon is satisfying.

Also, I managed to pick up Stalkers bow from the Forma Alert several hours ago? Any advice where to take this thing once its built?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Anyone know what a decent anti-Corpus gun would be? Everything that works against Infested seems to do a good job against Grineer as well, but right now Kunai, Dread, and Galatine aren't cutting it if a big shielded pack appear in Survival. Well, Galatine would be fine...if Rhino was finished and I wasn't stuck using Excal for now.

I'm almost Mastery Rank 4 if that helps.

Also, whats up with Dread's crit rate? It says 20% on the stats sheet, but in all honesty it feels more like 10% than 20% right now. Could be I just have bad luck. It definitely crits more than my other weapons at least. Crits are yellow numbers right?

ThePhenomenalBaby fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Nov 29, 2013

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
All I know about this game is that its buggy as gently caress, kinda satisfying, and everyone looks like alternate costumes for Yoshimitsu from Tekken. They are close to having a legit good game, they just need to make the Infested more interesting (Ancients aren't bad, but the other Infested enemies are really boring both visually and fighting wise), make melee more compelling, and fix some of the really stupid bugs like the level UI disappearing for no reason and stuff like that.

Space Yoshimitsus: The Game

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Stalker weapons are on sale now. If i already didn't have one of them...I probably still wouldn't buy it I guess.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
The most useless mod is the one that reduces the shield penalty for an icy mission variant. Aren't mission variants unpredictable?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Vauban Chassis Alert is up for the next 15 or so minutes anyone who is currently up

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I wonder if the model we see is exactly the hurt box we get when it comes to any Frame, not just Rhino. technically, being the widest Frame would mean he gets hit more often if its one to one :v:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Infested don't really have a dangerous unit. If you get knocked down in a pack swarm yea i guess you'll die but eh. They really need a hulking monstrosity type to complement the ancients. maybe a ranged flying support unit that shoots poo poo at you. Stuff like that.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
There really isn't a good reason why your weapon damage doesn't scale linearly, so those mods don't have to exist.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Cool cool. Thanks, glad I posted to the thread now.

Honestly, I think the grinding for basic upgrades is worse, and then once you do you have to wait like three days for a new warframe and 12hrs+ for any new item for no real reason.

the real reason for the wait is DE's last desperate grasp to get some plat out of your coffers

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Honestly they should basically tier the build times so that stuff like a Burston or whatever have relatively low build times, but stuff like, say Siccarus Prime, have the longer build times. That's really my biggest complaint is that they gate you so hard early in the game, and then late game when they should be gating power it really doesn't matter anymore.

Yea but what are ya gonna do DE is dumb as gently caress.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Why would DE change that? Sounds like a fun thing to do, especially since non-fun things like playing as Nova and Nekros still exist?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Warbadger posted:

So how is the game these days? I held off on trying it earlier in the year due to reviews, but have heard it's improved quite a bit. Thinking of giving it a shot.

Its okay. For every good or neat thing the game does it does something kind of annoying and dumb and then something very bad in about equal measure. You could do worse in the free to play realm.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Harrower posted:

Warframes themselves are easier to farm than ever right now. I probably spent 40+ runs trying to farm Saryn months ago. Only ended up with 2/3 pieces. Most of the time the boss didn't drop a blue print at all. Farmed up volt, valkyr, nyx, and most of an ember in like an hour just this past week.

Never, ever buy a warframe. Except maybe banshee/vaubaun because gently caress the mechanics for getting those. Even Necros isn't too bad, though I could see getting a huge unlucky streak and getting frustrated over it.

One of Volt's pieces is no longer on the loot table apparently. If its true, then hes probably worth the 75 platinum considering he comes catalyzed and with his own slot

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Honestly, just play the game for a while and don't buy any packs at all. Have the goons help you out until you see if you like the game or not, we're all pretty generous. I only spent 25 bux on this game during the black friday platinum sale and I still have 25% of that plat just sitting there. Hell, I would have 75% of it if I didn't spend so much of it on the drat color packs (but I'm a fool so there ya go).

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

wid posted:

Common sense?
Which has no place in this game. Like holding off potatoing kunai or hikou because you're waiting for the despair thus you're keeping yourself from enjoying raining knives at spacemans.

Stalker will drop the blueprint one day you son of a bitch!!!

*has 8 Dread blueprints*

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Hal_2005 posted:

Holy christ, they had better not nerf this gun. PS: To the goon who works at DE, give us a sign and I'll buy you a plat. account, or something.

I kinda hope there isn't a goon that works at DE because drat have we disparaged this game a lot :v:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I honestly think a lot of the criticism we give this game is pretty constructive, even though I've called this game "rear end" on multiple occasions. I don't think anyone has been overly mean. Just fix your drat game DE

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Please don't forget that Hysteria is also super unsatisfying to use for these reasons as well

1) Doesn't feel strong. You're hulking out and enemies aren't ragdolling or gibbing just falling down awkwardly. Lame

2) The animations for the punches feel stiff as hell, but without impact of any kind. Lame again.

3) She literally moves at the same walk speed as Grineer so you can endlessly have them dodge your punches just by walking backwards. Stupid.

4) No charge attack. What?

5) Everything else everyone said.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I haven't played this in over a year. Did they finally add an endgame?

For reference the last time I played this flappy zephyr was relevant and topical.

ThePhenomenalBaby fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 8, 2015

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I was honestly picturing the saw gun from Vanquish. That was a cool game with cool guns.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Apparently there are more good melee weapons than the last time i started playing, but not like a ton more or anything.

I really like the Redeemer and the Jat Killag and they definitely at least feel awesome, and i highly anticipate Galatine Prime

Of course, getting stance mods is a pain in the rear end which sucks

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Its a really poor version of Gradius lmao

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Its a really

really

poor version of Gradius

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Ember is a really

really

poor version of a Warframe character lmao

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Why can't Ember be good? Just like...make World on Fire hit more than one thing? The amount of ultimate that hit more than one thing is staggering??????

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
this whole hotfix has been poo poo

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
They announced they are working on an 8 player raid

i am 100% positive it will be poo poo but they are working on something so yeah

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I tried the PvP once and it was really bad. Please stop DE.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Dogs are stupid and space dogs even more so

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
If they make Desecrate like Diablo 2 Corpse Explosion Nekros would really be out of the gutter.

RIP Ember & Hydron

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Well the way i reason it is you use terrify to make enemies easy targets, then kill a few and use Desecrate to drop some extra orbs/kill the rest, Then Shadows to have a personal meat shield army. Maybe it would be OP, but it certainly would be way cooler than what Nekros is now.

I have no idea how to fix soul punch except make it not use energy (which would be ridiculous but whatever) + the changes they're already making.

Don't ask me what to do about Hydron I could never hope to theorycraft that guy. He's probably the frame i've seen the least amount of times since i've started playing again. I know he's annoying to get the keys to F2P purchase him but that really hasn't stopped me from seeing a ton of Mesa.

ThePhenomenalBaby fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 29, 2015

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Well of course. Its just sad is all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Uhh dual blade pistols??? Are they any good?