Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
New player here. Just unlocked Venus, found I had most of the polymer bundles for a clan key but not all. Not sure where I got them from to start with, so any advice on how to get enough to do Clan Key and the Traxon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Sarsapariller posted:

Polymer bundles mostly seem to fall from the sky for me, I've never had a shortage. Any time you need resources, find a planet that drops them and then do the local defense/survival missions. It seems like you get a lot more from killing mooks than you do from meticulously opening every chest. In the case of polymer bundles, you can find them on Mercury and Venus.

Haha. Typical, first Venus mission threw enough at me. Must have been the storyline mission vs the Corpus that gave me my first chunk.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
While I'm still a bit too pants to really contribue to the void missions, relic cracking is fun! Also fun that if everyone else wants to keep going and you don't, you can leave.

Also thanks to cool goons who told me about binding gear slots to hotkeys and donated a couple of aura mods to me.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
As I'm a ignorant newbie, and I think we have some more around (and smart ones!) any suggestions for good/early BPs to pick up from the clan labs?

Someone suggested the Guandao which looks cool. Are any of the clan researched frames good to pick up? And faintly buildable?

Apologies if this asked five pages ago.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
If you jump while sliding, but not holding the crouch button (releasing it does not make you stop sliding) you do a cool jump but not a bullet jump, IIRC. Notable in the fact it does no splash of damage around you I think?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Finally got to Jupiter hunting neural sensors so I can cook a Banshee. Managed to get one from a locker (or something. Didn't notice a new breakable type) on the first mission. Then panicked as I remembered if I failed, I'd not get it.

On a related note, any opinions on if it's better to give Rescue targets a weapon or not?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

kxZyle posted:

Well the double XP weekend is finally officially confirmed, so let's do a giveaway.

As you may or may not know, the double weekend boosters stack with market boosters for a 4x total boost. Since this is my first double weekend ever, I'd like to celebrate by giving away 3-day affinity boosters to twenty (20) goons.

Here's how to participate:

• Quote this post
  • Leave your in-game name
  • If you already have an active XP booster that covers the weekend don't apply, ya dingus (not that I have a way to verify that, but still)
  • If you're one of the 20, you'll receive your 3-day booster during this Friday's Devstream, after which the double XP weekend begins

I'll also be giving away one super special awesome secret prize to a random goon from my list of 20.

Sure, IGN : TylanaKalos not so many frames to farm (still new) but all the crappy mastery fodder weapons to chew through, and Banshee in 75 hours.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 25, 2018

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

kxZyle posted:

You're a couple minutes late Sarsapariller, but one more booster shouldn't be a problem.

And the secret prize goes to...

Congrats to TylanaKalos. :toot:

Oh gosh. Now I'll have to try not to quit at Uranus. :D But seriously, thank you.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Should I be poking Syndicates as a newb? The negative rep and hit squads the wiki mentions sound a bit spicy. Plus, you know, decisions are scary

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Ice Hammer guy is shoot the pack to pop a hose so his ice blast backfires, then shoot his pack until he turns into vulnerable Fire Hammer guy.

Prosecutors are aligned with one base element, and immune to all others. Slash still does something the wiki says. And you can stun and shiv them with Radial Blind.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Newbie Report : I was a bad pubbie. Figuring I'd get some more training in Oberon, I poked a blue node with Hek in hand. It was the boss fight for Raptor. Someone else joined in, seemed to know what they were doing. First I got lost in a junkyard because the waypointing was butts (there was a tunnel down in a corner) and was pointing at stuff three rooms onward. Then we kill a raptor, something bugs, we farm mobs to regain ammo and energy and I drop a few times and need revives, kill the raptor again, mostly just cheesing it with the frost globe. Then I pick up the explosive and.... fail to get to the second pit in time. Then the other guy quit.

Sometimes it's hard to tell with this game what they expect you to be/have etc. Makes it difficult to know if my numbers are bad or my playing. And most experienced people just oneshot whatever. Frustrating to try and find the path to progress (both in getting better and getting further) that isn't being carried.

Apologies if this is just tired and frustrated ramblings.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I guess it feels like there's a difference between cheesing the fight to farm it, and wanting to actually... do it 'properly' ? As I took a while to get the to fight, both times the raptor was up and about and we ended up fighting it at the doorway. At the same time it makes me wonder if DE kind of assume people will over-power the bosses and thus they aren't very important to make better?

I just about managed to solo Mayor Hek though I didn't do it well. HUD distortion made it very hard to tell if I was getting the limited vulnerablity shots or what.

The other two MMOs I played were Destiny and FF14 which both level sync down pretty firmly, so some of it is just kind of the confusion and discomfort of not being able to go "I've the right gear/level, now it's about not loving up."

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I assume part of the idea is some stances fit various weapons within the type better than others.

I do weep a little everytime CorPro has a red polarity in a frame though.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Honestly, I was expecting a X prompt to put the bomb in the hole when I got there. Sadly, killing the Raptor by the door after the first one is it's own problem.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Black Griffon posted:

Incidentally, is this the sort of game where you can kinda roll with whatever the gently caress you want as long as you're having fun, or is corpro and other stuff like that mandatory if you want to do high level stuff?

Also, what's the easiest way (apart from paying real money) to get a new frame? I'm forging my first catalyst now, but I feel like I'm pretty much nowhere in terms of frames.

All the bosses drop blueprints for components of a particular frame and you buy the blueprints for the frame from the market. The clan lab also has a few you can buy. Some have other sources. As ever the wiki has good info.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The other thing to be aware of is you buy blueprints for things from the market or clan labs for credits. Though the equip weapon page will link to the market page for an unowned weapon.

Also that the market opens to a featured page by default, and you need to pick categories to see a decent listing.

And finally, most of the bosses are kind of bad and not super worth soloing.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
A Fomorian is up on PC for those that are interested in that kind of thing. Anyone got newbie (to varying values of new) advice about it?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients Is the useful link for checking.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Oh wow, just looked up how the console coupon works. Kind of sucks. If you like cats or dogs maybe the packs for growing those?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
A Sentinel that is just a Clem bobble head. (Noggle?) with Twin Grakatas.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
PoE guide that was linked previously is Here

https://hub.warframestat.us/ and https://semlar.com/fish can be useful for some things too.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Something I'll say that didn't occur to me, despite reading the guide, Luminous Dye works during the day too.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

WebDO posted:

It's so strange they call it an aura slot instead of the corrosive projection slot. Someone should talk to the UI guy

Some frames have the wrong polarity too. I mean, CorPro and EnergySiphon are both - (Naramon?) what else do you want? Loot Radar? Pfft.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Harrow posted:

Are there any early weapons I should be specifically targeting to craft as soon as I have the MR for them? I started with the MK1-Paris bow and ended up buying the Braton for credits since it feels nice having a rapid-fire option available, too. But now that I'm getting to the point where I can start crafting weapons, I have no idea where to even start.

Make a Hek. Ask for a copy of Shattered Justice (I think?) in Clan for it and fuse it up. That will give you a goon approved option for stuff that feels rough.

Otherwise make what looks cool and you can get the parts for. Look up the weapons used in crafting page on the wiki. I'm still trying and learning myself so no big suggestions for early.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

sausage paddy posted:

Power over everything, activate his 3 and dive right into the center of the bullets. Use rage/hunter adrenaline for energy regen, 2 for the armor boost, 4 to CC if you're taking damage too quickly and need a breather to regenerate, phoenix renewal as a safety. You can use a decaying dragon key to gimp his shields and get that energy regen faster, just remember to take it off if you switch frames. I would say 200%+ power is a minimum to get your regen going fast enough.

Armour boost on the 2? Wasn't aware it did anything like that.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Anything that is easy will not get much due to being a big market. Maybe check sculpture prices too for some trickle. Or look at corrupted or drift mods. Or Syndicates parts. But that will bite into your personal grand, obviously. I don't know how fast they move, but I know I just bought a Fluctus piece because there weren't any Suda nerds about. And I was impatient.

Also though. Depending on your money situation, if you are playing the game and enjoying it, try to support DE. But obviously that is very dependant on personal circumstances.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Any of the non Cosmetic stuff particularly notable this time around on Baro? (Other than Sands of Inaros for people who haven't got it) Primed Point Blank seems like a useful mod, if long term crippingly expensive to actually fuse up.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Only think I will note is I think these days you can buy Forma in x3 bundles for 35 instead of x1 for 20. But they also come in some relics and stuff, so they are more designed to be farmed than potatoes I think?

Also to newbies : Once you get to Mercury, at the Relay you can Fast Travel to Cephalon Simaris and in a loop around his room are booths where you can practice your MR test if you are worried about failing them. You keep earning towards the next MR anyway though, so don't feel like you have to stop playing if you do fluff something up. Though I think the first three tests are literally "kill some guys with primary/pistol/melee." So maybe not something to worry about either way.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I do love Sparring Weapons. No idea if they actually kill anything meaningful. But <3

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
To clarify. Go to your Mod Station. Click on the big Ayatan Sculptures button on the right of the fuse/transmute/sell row.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
After having good luck on a bunch of things, like 3 100duck drops in a fissure sruvival run, I finally unveiled my first Riven from the quest.

It is for the Vulklok. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vulklok

A sentinel gun.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Just to repeat a thank you to all the helpful and generous goons, in time, effort or spare parts. Both those that have helped me directly and those that have bred the attitude of helping.

Getting a Gorgon Wraith has made it much easier not to break myself chasing the Prisma Gorgon is what I'm saying. :D

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The higher your MR the easier it is to nursemaid new gear through something useful. Looking for lowbie nodes, or Simaris targets or similar for the first few abilities can help though.

In general, play with public matchmaking, look up frame abilities on the wiki so you know what they actually do, and don't swap out all three weapons at the same time. Alerts, fissures and syndicate missions can be good for having OP pubs.

Or ask in clan chat if anyone wants to help. See previous posts about an extra body helping various farms anyway.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
The ODS and Defection missions make me wonder if rotations would be better as AABCBCBCBC or something. (Maybe AABCBCCCCCC?) Grinding for A drop will always be easy, but there's no great efficiency in long runs if looking for stuff from the drop tables. And as mentioned, there's not a lot you can do to run them faster. At least Defense and interception and Excavation can be done slower or faster per cycle based on performance.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Sorry to cut into beam chat, but I just got started on PS4 and have noticed how many of the weapons I want are either dojo research or plat only.

So it looks like I need to join a guild, but the problem is i'm horribly antisocial and like casual PUG play and dropping the other players the minute I hit orbit.

Am I going to be able to mooch off the PS4 goon dojo's research or do I need to contribute? Have I yet again* chosen a bad game to get hooked by if I don't like voice chat?

* I'm trying Warframe because Destiny 2's "raid or gently caress off" endgame got old quickly.

Voice doesn't seem like a notable thing, except for the raids which are being retired because not enough people used them for the work they were. Or some Goons seem to use it when fixing pvp matches with each other?

As for contributing to clan, if you do need to it's dpnating resources not having to run stuff as a group.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Sephyr posted:

Does SA have a guild for Warframe on PC? How can people join?

Yes, see the OP for details.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I got oneshot by the Saryn specter without even leaving the booth in a junction.

But Radial Blind + Fragor solves so many issues.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Gah. Once today I had host migration turn into eternal loading screen, so quit to do dolon hunt, losing about 10 neural sensors (with booster).

Do a triple hunt, quite stressful, was kind of useless as volt against the taller ones, one guy runs out of revives, game crashes on exit, I don't get any rewards even though it tries to rejoin me to squad after.

Pretty grumpy now. :| I know it's not thaaat long a mission to do the hunting, and it's not thaaat hard. But still, leaves a bad taste.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Raptor1033 posted:

Are you for sure they didn't still drop to your inventory? I was doing a bounty and had the host drop after the final run. Booted me back to cetus with host transfer failure but I still retained that augur seeker drop from the last section(finally)! There's weird sorts of fuckery on when drops are actually saved and it seems like the exit tunnel isn't necessarily the only time.

Didn't get the mod or the cores for sure. I thiink I already had some shards. The game isn't the worst for handling crashes.

Bounty rewards get dropped into your inventory separate to mission rewards though. (Weirdly mission rewards includes pickups and all that). Same with defence and interception afaik. If you over bid on how long you can last, you are out a bunch of affinity and mats, but keep your rotation bonuses.

Now if fissures could keep track of what you got so you didn't grab say, 3 cernos prime lower limbs in one run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
One secret is to fuse (put endo into) the damage mods on arch weapons up as otherwise you'll be way behind the curve. Another can be trying different AWs or weapons like the Fluctus.

When I solo'd the interception I just completely focused on claiming points, spammed Odonata's 3 when on point and basically ran a circle around the map. Just about kept ahead on %

Check if you got the proof fragments despite failing, I forget if they are special. The next stage is to build the quest object, but the quest step will keep pointing at the mission until you do, IIRC.

Finally, as ever, ask for help. Many bosses and quests are kind of hard to so solo, and quests are very hard to pub as they only appear for people currently doing them. The limbo excavations felt rough to me, but I did do them with friends which does boost enemy numbers.