Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
I need to set a decent score on the Cicero event, but I literally cannot find any ingredients over than those bloody pinecones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Forma blueprint alert active on the PS4. With a special surprise inside the mission the stalker.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
I don't know what it's like on PC, but on the PS4, invites take priority over everything else. If you're in a menu fusing some mods, or changing your loadout or whatever, it's really easy to accept an invite by mistake while you're busy trying to do something else and it automatically pulls you into a session. It's particularly annoying if you have a username that comes early in the alphabetised list, because people spam you with invites all the time.

It's an awful way of handling the invites and it really needs to change.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Mr Man posted:

2.) Yes it's called using your voice, and talking to teammates via ingame chat..
3.) Again, voice coms are key
The only thing I'll add to this is not to expect it with random people you join. 99% of the time the only 'voice chat' you hear is feedback from their PS4 Camera, mainly picking up the messages from the Locus coming from their controllers.

I have a few questions of my own:

I know mastery is for useful for accessing new weapons, but I'm wondering if I should bother going back to level my early weapons (MK-1 Braton, Lato, Skana, Cronos) for the XP, or should I just sell them to make space and focus on levelling up weapons that are actually decent?

I also have a bunch of Tower I keys from doing Defense/Survival nodes, what sort of level/gear should I have before attempting these? I assume they're a late-game thing, and I definitely should not try doing them alone?

Finally, now that I have a decent amount of credits banked, I was thinking of investing in a Sentinel. I hear the consensus is that that the Carrier is probably the most useful option here? Of course, the only problem is that they all seem to require Control Modules, which I have yet to see, are these another late-game only thing?

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Gotta say, playing with the PS4 goons is a lot different than the usual pubby squads. Did T1 Survival for the first time ever, and broke 30 minutes. And only had to bail because of the enemy level, rather than the lack of life support. Nearly got all the BPs for a Mag Prime too, just missing the Systems. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Compared to the usual survival experience I've had in the solar system, where most of the time we seem to struggle to break 5 minutes.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Speaking of Auras, I finally got some from Alerts. There's absolutely no reason not to max them out ASAP, right? It's basically free energy for your frame, after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Thranguy posted:

Well, ultimately you're only going to need to have the best one(s) from each polarity maxed (Energy Syphon, Rejuvenation, and Rifle Amp, at least pre update 12. Post Update 12 there's Steel Charge to consider, but that's a lot of time, money, and cores to actualy max U12 Steel charge. And maybe Enemy Radar.) If you only have one of the awful ones from a particular polarity, it's a question of how much you need those points right now rather than having the resources used to max the better one when it comes along later.

Well then, stroke of luck, the two I managed to get are Energy Siphon and Rifle Amp (which matches my Mag so is extra awesome.)