Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.

Crowbear posted:

Cool, thanks guys. Does any one of the labs produce more useful stuff than the others?

Probably the chemical lab. Both weapons you get from it, the Ignis and Ogris, are currently really good weapons to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Crowbear posted:

1) At what point does Mag stop being hilariously overpowered? Through the first 3 worlds + half of Saturn I can run around spamming Pull and destroying entire levels, doing like 70% of the groups damage. I take it this won't last forever.

2) What the gently caress are you supposed to do if the Stalker shows up? I've gotten him 4 times already and when there's a group he just mauls us all. When I'm solo I either auto-fail the mission or waste my revives trying to get away.

To me, Mag only falls off once enemies stop being one or two shotted by maxed strength pull, and even then, ragdolling that many enemies at once is still powerful. This is around the 30+ levels on the non-infested. The reason I say non-infested is that while pull does work on infested, pulling an infested ancient ontop of you is scary.

As for the second, I just glitch the AI by hiding up on somewhere the stalker can't directly attack you, but you can snipe any exposed limbs on the guy. I only do this when I'm not powering through enemies, bosses, and generally the entire map in my Rhino.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Guys, the new update has the codex included. In the codex, there are some concept art galleries.
I think I found the best picture in the gallery and the game.

EDIT
Ughhh, there's a fanart gallery and there's your standard "oh they're human under the warframe, really!!" stuff in it.
:negative:
At least the fanart are not completely weeaboo.

mechanicalFactory fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 21, 2013

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

You should save the weapon catalyst for a good primary or secondary weapon, like the Strun or the Kunai. Don't use it on any of the starting melee weapons, even if you are using Loki stealth crits alot.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Crowbear posted:

Oberon looks pretty neat but his support skillset sounds reaallllllyyyy lovely.

I don't think there's any situation I would want "slow health regeneration and maybe pops a few health orbs every once in a while?" over "restores hell of energy, fully restores shields and health, and makes you immortal for 15-30 seconds".

Oberon sounds like a much worse Trinity. Hallowed ground looks like an especially useless skill. It's not effective practically everywhere but defense missions since warframes don't hang around a set area, they just shoot enemies in the face while sliding around the map.

Is the Lecta any good? I always like the look of energy whips whenever they appear.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

This gun outshines the Ogris.
You can control exactly when the grenades detonates, making the chance of accidentally killing yourself much lower. Even unranked the gun does a ton of blast damage, the best type of damage to do. The Penta also has really good modding potential, since Split Chamber works with it, as well as Heavy Caliber. Since it's a projectile based weapon, Heavy Caliber is free damage.
Right now, at rank 20 with a catalyst slotted, I got the Penta doing about 2400 blast damage every shot. And like the Ogris it uses rifle ammo.

The only complaint I have with the Penta is that I can't change the colors of the explosions.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Sab669 posted:

Decided to throw some cash at this game since my daily was -75% off Plat. The only stuff I have is the Excalibur frame, Braton and a Grakata. I've got 1300 spacebucks, what should I buy? Really none of the frames particularly interest me from what I've read.

Buy a whole bunch of Orokin catalysts and weapon slots. While the catalysts can be acquired in game, they are usually from ultra rare alert missions.
You can't get weapon slots from in game grinding at all, so it would be a good choice to get a bunch of those.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

Thanks for the help guys, they were mods. Im about half way through the Venus missions, and I stupidly spent all my platinum on a sword as soon as I started playing so I don't have anything other than a new sword. How are you supposed to get new weapons and secondaries and warframes without spending real money? Am I just too early in the game to get new poo poo or what?

You're probably too early in the game. To get new weapons, you have to buy their BluePrints in the market (shopping cart icon), and then gather the materials required to make them in the foundry (hammer icon).
If you're wanting weapon suggestions, the Karak is a good weapon to get.

Getting new Warframes is a bit more complicated. The bosses on most planets drop one of three warframe parts: system, chasis, and helmet. You have to make and assemble each individual part, then buy the whole warframe BP from the market and then wait 3 real life days for it to build.
If you're wanting Warframe suggestions, it is near impossible to go wrong with a Rhino, whose parts are dropped by the Venus boss. All of his abilities are useful, with two of them (iron skin and stomp) being some of the most overpowered abilities in the game.

mechanicalFactory fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 18, 2014

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

Really helpful stuff, thanks. So at what point in the game do I start actually acquiring enough materials to be able to craft, and what's a good secondary weapon to craft? I have the Magnus blueprint because it looked cool as poo poo. Also, with regards to farming, when is a good time to start farming missions and not just playing new ones when their available? I see a lot of talk in this thread about the tower defense mode, but I don't know if I've ever even done one of those yet.

Additionally, can I just remap my abilities to the dpad? I don't know what you guys do on the ps4 but I find the swiping to be pretty awkward when I'm already using every finger + 6 I didn't know I had most of the time.

I think a good point to start farming for materials is when unlocked all the planets with materials for the stuff you want to build. I'm looking at the requirements for the Rhino, and it'll require a whole bunch of different planets to be able to farm up the materials.
You should try to get a better weapon (except for melee) fairly quickly though. Trying to go past the first 3 planets with a mk-1 braton is an exercise in frustration.

The Magnus might not have been the best choice, since you'll need to unlock Saturn in order to gather Orokin Cells.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

AndroidHub posted:

:pcgaming::ducksiren:Location:Everest (Earth) Description:Destroy Munitions Stockpile - 4400cr, Orokin Catalyst (Blueprint) - Time Remaining: 1h 43m:ducksiren::pcgaming:

:stare: I'm pretty sure DE made a mistake, I was able to complete this mission twice, both times I got the catalyst blueprint.
I'm not complaining, I'm just surprised.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Buried alive posted:

Is there an obviously better sidearm to use than the akmagnus? I'm happy enough with them, it just seems like they'll need another forma or two and more maxed out mods to really do much in the late game.

Also are the galatine and jat kittag worth a potato?

The Kunai would probably be your best bet. It does a ton of damage really quickly, and is useful in practically all parts of the game. It's a bit expensive resource wise.

As for the melee weapons, the Galatine is definitely potato-worthy, since you can get charge attacks to do a ridiculous amount of damage. The Jat Kittag is also a possible weapon for a catalyst, but it needs more levels to get to the same range of damage as the Galatine.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Male Man posted:

I really wish there were an "I'm a big boy" setting for the minimaps that would forgo waypointing and just point me to the exit.

I just wish the minimap was somewhat 3D like Metroid Prime's minimap. It'd help with some of the vertical tiles. A few other dudes and I got stuck in one Earth tile for like 5 minutes straight because it was a vertical maze of water pipes and ramps.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I can't seem to think of any major balance chances to the warframes. I've only acquired the Mirage, and the frame is amazingly good. Just using Hall of Mirrors dramatically increases your damage output, because the illusions it gives you mimic your moves and does half damage. The images also gives you more survivability since your illusions are always closer to the enemies. Her ult is also really good for clearing rooms quickly.

Generally, maxing damage is still the best way to go. There some elements that are good because of their status effects (Blast damage, Corrosive, Viral), but some of them lose effectiveness against certain enemies, so its best to just max damage using multishot and + damage mods.

The good weapons are the Penta grenade launch, its like an Ogris but actually usable. The Nikana and Dragon Nikana upgrade, basically a katana that is pretty good at cutting poo poo up. You should ask around in clan chat for the melee stances for them And finally there's the Angstrum, a rocket launcher pistol, which you can charge up to release the entire clip at once.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

That was mentioned in the patch notes. It's pretty neat.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Sandweed posted:

How hard is the event missions? Easy to cheese with a invisibility Loki?

Rather hard at the later stages, I think exposure reduces EVERY warframe stat cumulatively, including power duration. The rhino's ironskin was basically a one or two hit shield at 12 exposure, and I still had 3 left to do.
The early missions are piss easy, you just need a good weapon and know how to dodge the bosses charge attacks.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

You can get the Zephyr blueprints from the lab, not the actual components themselves. You still have to craft them in your own foundry.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

No, I don't think they are. I think you grind standing for every syndicate, you'll just need to put in more effort to appease the syndicates that you annoyed by supporting their enemy.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Rhino is good enough to be worth slotting a potato. It's durable, fast, and got a pretty alright crown control ulti.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Dear Tenno Santa, I am a rank 9 player and my in game name is JohnSmithal . I would like a Mesa to call my own, if this is not possible, one or two orokin catalysts would be good as well. Thank you, and have a happy holiday season!

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Thanks Tenno Santa! I hope you have a good holiday season!

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Who here still has the Mutalist Alad V keys? I'm wanting to farm up the Mesa with some goons, I need 3 other people with keys.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Got war how do I make this good.

Any tricks to getting primed mods? I'm brand new to this. I guess you need to farm frame BPs? Then run certain missions until some guy shows up who buys that stuff? Is there an optimal strat for obtaining that currency?

Prime mods are usually too rare and expensive to be worth actively seeking for, as only the void trader sells them. He only shows up once every few weeks, and you need currency gained from exchanging prime parts/BPs. Nearly every mundance mod are perfectly capable enough. I think with the exception of stance mods and a few unique instances, goons in clan chat should have spare mods for weapons and frames.

The BP for building the frame, with the exception of prime ones, can be bought from the regular market for 15k or so credits. Its the getting the blueprints for the parts of the frame that have different requirements. Frame parts typically drop from planetary bosses, but some other frames require specific mission types or quests to acquire.

As for credit earning strategies, joining any void runs will result in a fair amount of credits easily enough(except for survival, goons tend to run them for 40 minutes at a time). Don't worry too much about being undergeared, the rest of the group running the void should be capable of clearing the mission without any real difficulty.

For improving the War, I'd suggest trying to get the Cleaving Whirlwind stance mod, it makes any large sword, like the War, incredible. One of its' combos, Broken Bull, is spinning around while swinging the sword, doing 4x the regular amount of damage per swing. Its other combo, Sundered Tusk, is really good at taking out those goddamned ospreys that survive when their recently eviscerated comrades don't.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Thanks! Is there a good mission to run to try to find that stance mod? And berserker for that matter? Seems like they're both key here.

It looks like Cleaving Whirlwind drops from elite infested enemies, so a long duration mission like Hiaracon(Pluto) will give you a chance to get the stance. Be warned, the drop rate is like <2% or something like that.

Berserker is a different matter entirely, it is a mission reward from a nightmare mode mission. Nightmare mode missions are tougher, and will have detrimental conditions like no shields, or health drain. The reward for beating them is exclusive nightmare mods.
If you're on the PC clan, I have a spare copy of Berserker you can have. Just send me a message, my IGN is JohnSmithal

EDIT

AlphaKretin posted:

Wait, what? I didn't think Berserker was NM. Aren't they all dual stats?

poo poo, you're right. Berserker drops from either an elite void enemy, or from certain quest bosses.

mechanicalFactory fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 21, 2016

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

sushibandit posted:

http://gfycat.com/SadHappyKitty level 100+ eximus enemies that still had armor, from sortie 3 today

2,138,024 damage regular crit
1,202,413 damage regular crit

is this what love feels like?

Can you show us what mods you used for that ridiculous overkill damage?

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Got a second 75% off, so I'm setting aside a few hundred plat to buy capes, slots, and poo poo for fellow goons to repay their generosity when I first got started. Gimme an in-game name, and up to 100 plat of requests, and I'll get the first six people to ask.

I think right now I need some orokin reactors and catalysts, my IGN is JohnSmithal . I keep building new weapons and frames, but I've run out of potatoes for most of my stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

How'd you get the metallic gold details on the Kohm? Is it from a specific color pack?